PDA

View Full Version : Will Francesca Schiavone ever do something really big?

GoDominique
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I like her a lot, and her game has really improved in the past years.
However, as long as she doesn't solve her problems with nerves, it won't help her to get to the next level.

We have seen her wasting big leads in sets and matches numerous times now, simply because she always does stupid things in these situations: mainly bad tactics, like going to the net thus having to use her questional volley technique. Or, she just chokes and puts shaky groundstrokes into the net.

She's getting closer, that's for sure, but the final step is always closing out these kind of matches, and some players never get there in their career.

Minotaur
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, if she'll play Galina Voskoboeva in the final. :lol:

Just kidding.

She need to be opposed with another choker in the final so then she'll have a chance. Obviously no H2H and Mary Pierce case.

pcrtennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Nope

Justineladivine
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:58 PM
They used to say Nadia Petrova or Marion Bartoli would never get a title.
They used to say Serena and Justine (that was long ago but still) were chokers
They used to say Kim would never pocket a grand slam
They used to say Mauresmo would never even get the year-end championship
Need I go on?

jonny84
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Yes she can.

She is on fire at the moment from Bali, reaching four finals but not winning the tournament. It has got to happen one day and it will.

Maybe one of the Tier IV clay Italian tournaments?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:17 PM
she's the 2005/06 version of Testud

Come-on-kim
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I really hope she'll get one. She deserves it!

Darop.
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Nope

Will any of your loser asian players get anywhere? Nope.

Drake1980
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Top 10 soon!!!

controlfreak
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:19 AM
do you mean like a poo or something?

Munchen
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
:haha: I could see this thread coming. :rolleyes:

:yawn:

Munchen
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Nope

Francesca hammered Sugiyama in Sydney Rnd 1! :p :D

Sugiyama has only won like 6 games in 2 matches :lol: :tape:

pcrtennis
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Francesca hammered Sugiyama in Sydney Rnd 1! :p :D

Sugiyama has only won like 6 games in 2 matches :lol: :tape:

But this thread is about Schiavone ;) :lol:

njnetswill
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:09 AM

The thread was asking a question. The person answered it. What, we all have to say something positive or you attack that person's personal favorites? That's irrelevant to the discussion and quite tactless you know.

_Cell-chuk
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM
She'll beat Clijsters and Pierce and will make it to the semis at the Aussie Open.

So Disrespectful
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM

Ai Sugiyama has actually been in the top 10.

fammmmedspin
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
She's doing what most improving players do. You get close to some top players. Then you beat some. Then you get closer to others. Some give you problems for ever. Some you eventually beat.Some you keep on beating. Its difficult if the really top players are really outstanding or consistently make it through draws but at present they are not - that means her odds on catching Justine, kim, Venus or Lindsay on a mediocre day are reasonable and her odds against the rest of the top 10 are fairly good.

As TBE said she is near to being like Sandtrine - the giant slayer and gateguard to the top 10. Sandrine pulled out good wins over GS winners - just not in the GS finals. Francesca has hopefully a few more years to perfect the role, a top 10 that looks retirement bound in quite a few cases and a lot of youngsters coming up who won't last chasing the ball around the court for 3 hours or know what shot she is throwing at them.

Darop.
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:35 AM
The thread was asking a question. The person answered it. What, we all have to say something positive or you attack that person's personal favorites? That's irrelevant to the discussion and quite tactless you know.

Uhm, yeah, this retard has been hating on Fran since like, forever, every single time she loses a match he celebrates in the score thread, and every time she wins he says something like "OMG how is it possible to lose to Schiavone."

And iliketennis I know Ai was in the top 10 at one point but her career is really just over now.

Jakeev
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Uhm, yeah, this retard has been hating on Fran since like, forever, every single time she loses a match he celebrates in the score thread, and every time she wins he says something like "OMG how is it possible to lose to Schiavone."

And iliketennis I know Ai was in the top 10 at one point but her career is really just over now.

Calling it like it is!!!!!!!:bounce:

^bibi^
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Choking against justine is not really choking anyway, as justine is choking all the time right to the moment when she realised she's leadand then she begins to play at that incredible level... :)

eck
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I don't see why she wouldn't upset any players in Grand Slams.

pcrtennis
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM

It's not over till it's over! ;)

dinhd82
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:42 AM
How about Date, forget about her?

Everytime I see Franny now I just have to wail "Oh Franny!!!" (same tone as oh Jan of the Brady's) She had it in that match against JuJu!

DevilishAttitude
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:10 AM
What worries me most about Fran is how tight she gets in the big matches. In the last year she's:

Lost to Dementieva after being 6-4 3-1 up and having 4 MP.
Lost to Ivanovic after being 4-6 7-6 3-1 up.
Lost to Pierce and played a terrible match despite having beaten Mauresmo, Kuznetsova & Dementieva in the rounds before.

And now this.

Why are all my faves chokers :mad: :sad:

And pcrtennis at least Fran can beat the top players. Ai doesn't win more than 2 games anymore :lol: :tape:

Darop.
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:04 PM
It's not over till it's over! ;)

Uhm, don't give me the wink. Thanks.