4:6, 7:5, 7:5
3 hours 2 minutes

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM
great job Henin your 2nd title in Sydney

Josh
Well done Justine! Great match! :)

Too bad for Fran, she played really well.

Billabong
Schiavone led 6-4, 4-1 and 6-4, 5-7, 5-3:o:sad: She was so close to her first title, she'll be truly devastated:sad:

Munchen
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Francesca :hug: She had her chances and unfortuntely she let them slip by. :kiss:

She got soo very close!! :sad: :sad:

Justine didn't play her best, but her fighting was great. :yeah: Well done Juju. :hearts:

VivalaSeles
Congrats, Juju :D

shap_half
That fighting spirit. Gotta love it.
Sounded like Fran played an excellent set and a half though.

No Name Face
Franny :sad: :sad: :sad:

AjdeNate!
Allez!

Hagar
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Congrats to Justine! Sounds like Fran made her work for it.

BTW, is this the first time Justine wins Sydney?

Joana
Justine :woohoo:
She does it again ;)

marmite1
Poor Franny. Well done Justine.

azmad_88
WOW...Again fighting till the last point by henin...
well...she's back yeah...
its gonna get interesting now..
WTA shud be really competitive in aussie open
BETTER THAN ATP by 200000 times!!

spudrsca
Justine played awfully, she was too nervous.
Strange if you see how she was playing against Kuznetsova.
She hit so many unforced errors, it was ugly to see.

xan
Will Francesca EVER win a title?

This was her big chance. Took the first set. Up a beeak in the second and served for it, and then finally up 5-3 and serving in the 3rd, with justine looking down and out.

Francesca froze then with so many UE, letting Justine back in.

stenen
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Congrats Justine! Great come back.

Fran :sad: you had your chances...so close, yet so far

Junex
Schiavone led 6-4, 4-1 and 6-4, 5-7, 5-3:o:sad: She was so close to her first title, she'll be truly devastated:sad:

Too bad it was Justine on the other side fo the net.

Bravo Justine...

Franny..next time honey.....

Ty-Ty
Good job Justine. :hatoff: What a well fought match.

Tough luck Francesca.

Joana

No, she won it in 2004.

bellascarlett

exactly...missed opportunities Francesca... :sad:...good luck at the AO...

skanky~skanketta
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:24 PM
awesome fighting from juju but i feel so bad for frannyboo!

Hagar
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Congrats to Justine! Sounds like Fran made her work for it.

I just read it: 2nd time.

faste5683
It's never easy, is it?

Way to play Justine! Great battling, Ms. Schiavone.

:wavey:

*Jool*
wow
closer than expected
good fight Francesca , i'm sure you'll win your first title in 2006 , you deserve it :)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
go henin

Bart
Justine! Well done!! :worship: :worship:

great fight Fran, better next time? :)

schris
Congratulations Justine :) Welcome back

per4ever
Whoohoo Well done Justine!!

Sadka
:eek: Exciting match !!

Lady
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Justine! :hug:
Thank you for being a great fighter that you are! :hug: Not giving up at 1-4 and 3-5 in the 3rd even tho most of your forehands ended up in the net! :kiss:

15th match winning streak in Australia! :hearts:

Last loss was in 2003 (to Venus ;) ).

Fran, I'm sorry.

Kat-H
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Francesca :sad: Well done Justine tho, they both played very well. A Great match to watch

loppy
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Congrats Justine. What a fight! :bigclap:

hwanmig
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I will quote what I said in the other thread

Francesca you are an idiot you throw away your chance of proving that your a good player. You suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope you lose first round next week. Good Luck

Meelis
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Great match!

Justine :yeah:

Natasc
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I saw a litle bit of Henin-Kuzna yesteray and I have to say: HENIN WAS RELLY GREAT!! Really really great...so, I think she can win this!!

Nemesis
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Great match :D Real nail biter, in exam times :rolleyes:

Poor Fran. So close to her 1st title. But great fight. Biggest chance so far. Grab the next opportunity.

And Justine: really sloppy sometimes (the serve again, DF :( ), but some flashes of brilliance. Those passings in the first 2 sets and volleys on dead balls :eek: When she's free of doubt, she's Federer-like. Today was a confirmation of that. Unfortunately, she's 95% of the times full of doubts.

First title since RG. and first HC title since the Olympics. The HC game is still there :worship:

natacha1
I was shocked by how good schiavone was. Even when Justine really was trying, schiavone was going for it and justine had to play the lines for making the points.

Go Justine :bounce:

TomTennis
thats good for Francesa. It shows she may prove to be a problem for clijsters at the AO (although i still think kim would win if they met) but it might be more of a match than expected.

congrats Justine.

jonny84
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM
That's a shame for Francessca. It would have been a great first title. :(

Well done to Justine though, good strong form for the Australian.

manu
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Lots of errors from Justine, but some awesome play too, especially when it was really necessary! And that fighting spirit hasn't faded one bit :yeah: :D

I feel sorry for Francesca though... She really was very close... But she played very well - probably the best match I've seen from her at times - and that should give her hope for the AO! I hope you can still win another title this year, Fran :)

Foot's Fingers
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:47 PM
It was veru goood and entertaining match to watch Esp when no yr favs involved, but Jujunis a real fighter

ceiling_fan
ARGH!!!! that's so annoying. i was rooting for Fran. She was sooooo close to winning at 6-4 4-1.... :mad:

did anyone see the bad call against fran n then she started to break down? :o we need hawkeye!

or another bad call where a fan called out "liar"! it was so funny. and there was this maniac calling out FRANCESCA and his lungs were about to burst or something lol

Nicjac
I could watch the third set on tv and yes, there were ue, but a lot of amazing shots as well and a great fighting spirit.

Congrats to both :D

diekedelver
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
What a match and what a winner :banana: :banana: :yeah: :D

rada
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:54 PM
loved the match :) well done girls

Sam L
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Justine is now an absolute favourite for the Australian Open. She'll be hard to beat.

Brandon85
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:56 PM
well done justine...always fighting.

Experimentee
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Great match, it ws one of the ebst womens matches I've seen recently, both players fighting hard and some fantastic rallies! Too bad Fran couldnt close it out though, she choked really badly when she had the leads :(

Oizo
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
She really missed a lot of chances...maybe she will learn to control her nerves better next time.

willrock
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM
That was so close... Poor Fran :bigcry:
I've become a fan of Frany and that loss is really heartbreaking =(

Chance
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Justine is now an absolute favourite for the Australian Open. She'll be hard to beat.

ITA

vettipooh
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:02 PM
She really missed a lot of chances...maybe she will learn to control her nerves better next time.
Let's hope so! I was so sure she had her first title in the bag, serving for the match at 5/3.:o Good fight by both, though.

Chance
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM
ok I just saw the trophy presentation, I'm now a Fran fan.

Fran, win your first title this year!!!

sweet accent.

tennislover
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM
:fiery:

why italian female tennis players lose 95% of their finals matches?
:crying2: :crying2:

Filadidas
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:23 PM

I've watched the whole match and you gotta give Francesca lots of credits.
Francesca was playing so well.... hardly missed a ball and putting Justine under lots of pressure. Justine tried to hit harder but committing lots of unforced errors.

Well.... once again, Justine's incredible fighting spirits won the match!!! :worship:

What an incredible match!!! Thumbs up for both players!!

martinailuv
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
juju :hug: :bounce:

SelesFan70
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Schiavone :sad:

Justine! :banana:

spudrsca
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I've watched the whole match and you gotta give Francesca lots of credits.
Francesca was playing so well.... hardly missed a ball and putting Justine under lots of pressure. Justine tried to hit harder but committing lots of unforced errors.

Well.... once again, Justine's incredible fighting spirits won the match!!! :worship:

What an incredible match!!! Thumbs up for both players!!

I disagree, Justine played really well the first six points of the match, hitting the ball very fluently but after that she had often her feet stuck in the ground and hitting soft balls who didn't hurt Schiavone and everytime she wanted to hit an agressive shot, she missed it 8 out 10 times.

Oizo
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Let's hope so! I was so sure she had her first title in the bag, serving for the match at 5/3.:o Good fight by both, though.

I was so sure too at 5:3 she has the title in her bag :o But it was not the case...the truth is she was very unlucky too...some letcords and close calls. Better luck next time :D and get those damn nerves under control :sad:

Ellery
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Francesca :mad: :fiery: :sad: So close.

JustineTime
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:39 PM

Now we know Justine's REALLY back, eh? :hehehe: :lol:

Eugenia
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Congratulations Justine!!! :bigclap:

köj-è
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:44 PM
oucchh.. :sad: Franny...

CooCooCachoo
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Choke-tastic :help:

Oh well, great job anyway Franny :hug:

Sam L
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I saw the match. There was no choking. Believe me. If Francesca choked it would've been 4-6 6-4 6-0.

Allez-H
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Justine is *really* back :p She just had to have one of these ;)

I'm soooooo happy for Justine but at the same time very sad for Franny, she played awesome and was really close winning her first title :sad:
But I'm sure she'll win it very soon, she just to good not to win won :hearts:

Goodluck to both for the AO :worship:

DragonFlame
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Now we know Justine's REALLY back, eh? :hehehe: :lol:

yes i know!!! the unbelievable wins, it's amasing she did it. :D this match is actually great for justine and us, she proved she can handle 3setmatches and she rose her confidence skyhigh again in the proces just like her other amasing wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUSTINE YOU'RE THE BEST!!!:worship: :D now take that aussieopen back home girl! :devil: btw jufans, we just releaved ourselves of our first pressure on the clayseason cause these points surely will help to keep her ranking high :bounce:

arn
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Justine winning a tournament without an epic fight would be unlike Justine ;) She didn't play great but I just loved how she never gave up :D

Schiavone played the best match I ever saw her play, I would have given it to her if it wasn't Justine she was playing!

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Just came home from watch the match and it was awesome to watch! :hearts: I really feel bad for Francesca after have those great opportunity to win the first title! :sad: I'll upload all pictures tomorrow to share with you guys :)

Oizo
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I think Fran gave the win away....I mean Juju played great, no comment on that, but when it came to crucial points Fran made awfull unforced errors.

Lachrymarum
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Wow! Great fighting spirit from both players! Too bad for Francesca - but things look good for the AO!
;) :yeah:

Meesh
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Congrats Justine, it will be interesting to see how Francesca does at AO. :worship:

tenn_ace
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Juuuuuuuusssssssssstine :kiss: well done, baby, coming back ;)

Fran, better luck next time, but well played match

go hingis
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I went and watched the match and Francesca really had my sister and I rooting for her. She wanted it more than Justine and made the match fun to watch, It was a shame she lost but it was a great match.

go hingis
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:44 PM
ARGH!!!! that's so annoying. i was rooting for Fran. She was sooooo close to winning at 6-4 4-1.... :mad:

did anyone see the bad call against fran n then she started to break down? :o we need hawkeye!

or another bad call where a fan called out "liar"! it was so funny. and there was this maniac calling out FRANCESCA and his lungs were about to burst or something lol

"Liar" was so funny, the crowd was really vocal in Sydney, it was great to be there. I also went to Qld last week and there was hardly any screaming during the matches but it was a more intimate court.

I got pissed off when the crowd starting booing Franchesca when she was questioning an ace (lol are we at the FO, no), so I started doing a WOOO Go Fran, lol

RAA
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:47 PM
sounds like it was a great match.

i'm a bit worried about Justine's serve... she had some problems with it. I hope itholds up throughout the OZ open.

mp3junkie
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:49 PM
This match was in Schiavone's hand. It's just pathetic that she let her first chance at a WTA tournament title slip away. Can we say nerves was the cause of Schiavone's defeat.:fiery:

eck
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:50 PM
:woohoo:
Congrats Justine.
Bad Luck Franny.

tenn_ace
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:51 PM
This match was in Schiavone's hand. It's just pathetic that she let her first chance at a WTA tournament title slip away. Can we say nerves was the cause of Schiavone's defeat.:fiery:

she won other titles, hasn't she? bigger ones too...

Mightymirza
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:53 PM
WOW the desire to win never fades in JHH...Best of luck for AO..

esquímaux
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM
*dead* @ Frannie...you had your chances babe :kiss: BLNT :kiss:

Ntour
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:08 PM
terrible match by HH but a god comeback in the end!
Good luck at AO!

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:11 PM
:woohoo: :bounce: :banana:
Sounds like a great match! I wish I can could watch it :sad:

Congrats Justine on your 2nd title in Sydney :D

Great week for Francesca also :hug: :)

eugreene2
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Justine can fight all she wants but she better not play like this against any of the top players at the AO. OR hope they're playing just as bad.

As seen in last year's Wimbledon & US Open, when Justine plays bad in slams, she goes down. Once she plays a good player who is head strong, she can't have these hiccups in her game.

azinna
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Congrats to Henin.

Gotta feel bad for Schiavone.

Hachiko
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I actually watched this live at the venue... terrific match, it was just a case of who could stay in the point long enough. Fran had so many chances, but Justine was too good at the critical stages. Fran is such a great character.

Hachiko
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
"Liar" was so funny, the crowd was really vocal in Sydney, it was great to be there. I also went to Qld last week and there was hardly any screaming during the matches but it was a more intimate court.

I got pissed off when the crowd starting booing Franchesca when she was questioning an ace (lol are we at the FO, no), so I started doing a WOOO Go Fran, lol

I know what you mean. I was pissed off too when the crowd booed when Francesca almost hit Justine... I mean, come on it was clearly an accident. Justine gave her the evil stare.

Allez-H
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I know what you mean. I was pissed off too when the crowd booed when Francesca almost hit Justine... I mean, come on it was clearly an accident. Justine gave her the evil stare.

I can't believe missed that point :fiery: When did it happen so I can pay attention to it while the re-runs? :kiss:

Allez-H
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM
And I thought the crowd was a little to into it sometimes. Sometimes some just started screaming in the middle of the point :shrug: Like when Franny was about to serve a second serve on a crucial point, suddenly someone screams "ADELAIDE!!!" and she doublefaulted (and I believe lost the game too) or in the middle of an intensive rally someone suddenly starts playing on his trompet :shrug: I've sene better from the Australian crowds but I guess it was the intensity of the match

go hingis
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Lol, I couldn't figure out half the things people where screaming out. Someone screamed out Susan. Everyone thought the trumpet was a car going past outside, but I thought it was too loud to be that far.

goldenboi356
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I can't believe missed that point :fiery: When did it happen so I can pay attention to it while the re-runs? :kiss:

5 all in the third i think. intense

selyoink
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Sounds like an amazing match. I like Justine more but I wanted Francesca to win her first career title. Congrats to both on the great match and tournament.

Justineladivine
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Justine can fight all she wants but she better not play like this against any of the top players at the AO. OR hope they're playing just as bad.

As seen in last year's Wimbledon & US Open, when Justine plays bad in slams, she goes down. Once she plays a good player who is head strong, she can't have these hiccups in her game.

I don't know. Sure enough, today's kind of ups and downs wouldn't cut much ice with players like Venus or Kim, just to name a few. On the other hand Justine's done it so often that it's become like a trademark with her, I mean clawing her way out of the abyss... Believe it or not, I stopped doubting when I saw the cool smiles she had when she started coming back as if she'd read the script before. It was exactly the same kind of expression she had when Svetla bungled up her matchpoints at RG 2005.
PS For those who watched the game there was a moment (before the end of the second set I think) when she yelled out something like 'OK, OK, enough, that will do for now' (reading her lips I think it was "bon ça va, ça va, ça suffit comme ça"). It seemed to be directed at her entourage. Is she becoming a new Myskina? Telling off her coach? I mean she really looked pissed off then. Or did I get it wrong?

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:50 PM
so how many matches does Justine come back from deep down in the depths of the abyss? This match goes into her long list of handing painful defeats to players. BTW i was watching the Myskina Olympics SF one 2 nights ago:) well done Justine!!

fleemke³
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:50 PM
WHAT A MATCH, what a match, what a match :hearts:

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:54 PM
yes saw clips of it.....justine blasts a forehand inside out for a winner at matchpoint. oh justine....:)

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/YvFSx3dJauthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280224) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/PrQTPN439gZthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280225) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/iN89a5Kd8Mgthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280226) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/hqVbW6VGNTRPIFthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280227) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/LHrHmgSQERln0thb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280228) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/P5oGEEVzY7aQthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280229) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/bHudnG215eActthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280230) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/ow7Fcs7Nn6GDOthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280231) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/p9RzIcVeLeqzTGthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280232) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/zenbWisggWOLbthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280233) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/qPfHtb8ovxFrythb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280234)

--Zazou--
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
:eek:

Justine :worship:

Corswandt
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM

The real issue is - will JHH play as well as she did against Kuznetsova, or will her performance be as erratic as against Schiavone?

Come to think of it, JHH played so well against Kuznetsova because the latter didn't put that much pressure on her. Schiavone's image as a counterpuncher belies her real worth - when her serve is on, it's top notch, and she consistently plays long shots that keep her opponent behind the baseline without being able to finish off the point.

serenafan08
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I actually watched this live at the venue... terrific match, it was just a case of who could stay in the point long enough. Fran had so many chances, but Justine was too good at the critical stages. Fran is such a great character.
That's why I love watching her matches!!! Francesca is so crafty and animated when she plays; she can spice up any match. But this sounds like it was a great one to watch. Congrats to Justine for another fighting victory. She's one of the game's best fighters.

Lapin
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Oh Franny!! :sad: You played so well; I hope you'll win your first title soon!

Félicitations Justine!

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:40 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2563/schiavone15rb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:44 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2897/schiavone24gf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6825/schiavone36us.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:45 PM
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3460/justine125ql.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pcrtennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K.U.C.W-R.V
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Sounds like a really exciting match between two players who have made up for their lack of physical stature with lots of hard time in the gym. Schiavone is really impressing me lately. She is very solid & definitely knows how to trouble the top players.

Justine is still a conundrum. One day breathtaking, the next nervy. I think it all stems from the serve - when she serves well, she plays well, but when shes tight the serve suffers.

I really do think that at peak form she would take the AO no matter how well the others play. However, if she puts in shaky performances against Venus or Lindsay or Kim she will be get crushed.

Much as I love Justine, I'm still edging toward Kim for the title (injuries permitting).

Drake1980
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Great effort Franny, but congrtas to Henin, a very nice start to the year.

Justine Fan
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM

I agree she did play awfully and it was ugly to see ....... BUT SHE STILL WON!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

What does that say about Justine? It says that she's a true champion! Allez, Allez, Allez, Allez :bounce: :bounce:

Frannie played fantastic tennis - she really, really has gone up in my estimation. :worship:

fammmmedspin
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I think Fran gave the win away....I mean Juju played great, no comment on that, but when it came to crucial points Fran made awfull unforced errors.

Didn't see second set because damn Eurosport ran early and the DVD missed it. The third set though was more complex. Fran hit a couple of errors in each of the final games but Justine threw in some GS champions winners and pulled two out in the final game to take it. It was made a bit more stressful by odd line calls, trumpets, the guy screaming Francesca and an odd footfault that looked dubious. Fran needed to restabalise at 5-5 and didn't because a lot was going on and she was probably thinking of the last game. She got close again at the end but Justine grabbed the win with some shots no one would beat. The last game sort of summed it up, Fran hit an error, Justine hit a great shot Fran came back and Justine went off, Justine gets ahead and then wins it with a great shot. Shame for Fran because I quite fancied her winning a tiebreak after a rain dela and only that one final brilliant Justine shot stood between Fran and deuce. Justine looks in GS winning mode - she's won the things playing no better for most of the matches and her ability to win the biggest points looks to be there when needed.

Its also a very big call to make your first win against Justine who is a top 3 favourite for the AO, multiple GS winner, comeback specialist and plays a similar game on a higher ranking. Not surprising if you miss when you think about it. Fran may need to win a final against someone else Justine can beat first and/or beat Justine before the final. You couldn't argue with Fran being a fit world number 11 though - if she can stay that close to Justine there are quite a few top tenners who might well be easier meat.

pcrtennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/YvFSx3dJauthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280224) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/PrQTPN439gZthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280225) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/iN89a5Kd8Mgthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280226) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/hqVbW6VGNTRPIFthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280227) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/LHrHmgSQERln0thb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280228) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/P5oGEEVzY7aQthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280229) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/bHudnG215eActthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280230) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/ow7Fcs7Nn6GDOthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280231) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/p9RzIcVeLeqzTGthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280232) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/zenbWisggWOLbthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280233) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/qPfHtb8ovxFrythb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280234)

Those last three pictures are of Medina Gerrigues by the way...

Allez-H
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Those last three pictures are of Medina Gerrigues by the way...

So it's Anabel and not Justine who's got two different socks on :lol:

Lady
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:30 PM
So it's Anabel and not Justine who's got two different socks on :lol:

And you were quick to put the blame on poor PY! Shame on you! :p ;)

fer_86
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:16 PM
i´ve missed the match :fiery:
can someone upload the match??? :angel:

thx a lots

fer_86
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:23 PM
i´ve missed the match :fiery:
can someone upload the match??? :angel:

thx a lots

RJWCapriati
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:03 PM
This is just another one of the big comebacks Justine has made in big matches! She is a real inspiration and a great fighter, she will make it far in the Aus! :)

Pretty similar to the U.S. Open SF (2003)

Henin Hardenne defs J. Capriati

4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (4)

I think that was 3 hours 3 minutes :)

still the best match i've seen to date!

Hayato
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I was at the match last night too. It seemed to go for ages! Even though Franny was winning 64 41, I just knew Justine would come back and win. It was a great match! I have some pics of the ceremony and things but it's a new digital camera so i dunno how to upload them or install the software :o I was annoyed because everyone I went with wanted to go back (because by the time the match finished it was about midnight) but I wanted to stay and watch Vivi/Paola :sad: :awww:

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
hqs match:
http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/OemfbpUiprthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280633) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/IvJD9Seh6Nthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280634) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/MzLxZENMnxthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280635) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/W4pIk5odxVkNg2thb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280636) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/G19K1hNpJwNXthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280637) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/wFEcrVTCLVWsRthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280638) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/OasCoF0xuKthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280639) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/vYJxufB55UdXthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280640) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/8KEOqglWHGJZEB5thb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280641)
http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/hXna3upOKY0tthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280642) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/GcnmegSBHukthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280643) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/sF2JIF3OtmT5xWEthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280644) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/JPtQ4n5iWNgMYthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280645) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/a3OSgElQ4kxVbpthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280646) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/cjdDeh6BH3t9Zthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280647) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/5A19810RombZ8thb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280648) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/PSIi5KSnIj1nnCcthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280649) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/TX5WlFdDMbKLthb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280650) http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/13/oLkggqujK8thb.jpg (http://www.mediaupload.net/img.php?id=280651)

lauryn
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I only saw the last games of the match, from 3 all in the third set, seemed like a great match. I'll check out the rest of the match tomorrow.

Just awesome that Justine makes her comeback and again wins the tournament. :worship:
This must give her a confidence boost, just perfect before the AO.

Still I don't see Ju as 'the' favourite to win the title, my top two faves for the tilte remain Kim (of course that's if her injury's healed in time) and Lindsay.

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
i post soon match

K.U.C.W-R.V
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Great pics nouf.

dinhd82
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Oh Franny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

JustineTime
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM
:hehehe:

Justine est tres controvershull! :lol:

How I love my Belgian waffle! :drool: :)

xXSarajevoXx
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Francesca :sad: :sad: :sad: so close ... but fantastic week!

Hachiko
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:13 AM

I really can't remember, sorry! But I'm pretty sure it was in the later stages of the second set.

Jakeev
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Frannie may have lost the set but she has nothing to be ashamed of. She had no fear of Justine today and that was evident in the fact she led in every set.

Frankly, Frannie will shrug it off after a few days and move on to the Australian Open. But she definitely served notice that she is going to be an extremely dangerous opponent this year.

Major props to Justine for keeping the pressure on!

JustineTime
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:21 AM
OK, I've finally finished watching that marathon and I'll say this:

Say what you want about sloppy play, unforced errors (60 for Justine, oy vey! :rolleyes: ), 17,000 double faults, but those last two games said it all! Justine flat out came up with the goods when she needed to. Cross court winner on the net cord, DTL winner over the high part of the net right after the rain delay(when she had been having trouble with that part of the net ALL NIGHT), and inside-out forehand winner on Matchpoint! :yeah:

All that really matters in the end is Justine 121 points, Francesca 116, and 1 of those 5 was Championship Point! ;)

:bounce: :woohoo: :bigclap: WAY TO GO, JUSTINE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 24TH CAREER TITLE! :yeah: :bigclap: :woohoo: :bounce:

JustineTime
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:22 AM
BTW, congrats to Francesca on one heckuva match! :bigclap: :yeah:

:)

Marshmallow
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:38 AM
I missed it. And Eurosport are not repeating it.

My anger is beyond words in the english language. !!!!!

AlexB
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:15 AM
schiavone almost hit henin after a point at 21 in the second set and henin avoided the ball, then gave her this stare, and schiavone quickly put her hand up and then the crown started booing schiavone, it was a very funny moment

Prizeidiot
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:04 AM
That was an incredible match.

I never knew Francesca could play that well.

When watching the live scoreboard, my first thought was that Fran choked. But when watching the match on TV, a lot of it was Justine brilliance, stepping up on the big points.

A few running forehand winners,and that angled push off the let cord when serving for the match.

Fran should still be proud of herself, despite the result, that's the best I've ever seen her play.

Rub
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:50 AM
justine is simply amazing

DevilishAttitude
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Oh Fran! :bigcry: :crying2: :sobbing:

When will you ever win that 1st title :fiery: :mad:

She choked. And Justine knew it. Fran played a terrible game at 5-3 and Justine's game rose.

It was like watching Silvia :sad: Why are all Italians fragile :mad:

I hope this doesn't affect her...

K.U.C.W-R.V
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Justine apparently made 60 UE's. As a matter of interest how many winners did she hit. What were Schiavone's stats?

I cant find match stats anywhere.

nouf
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Final Henin vs Schiavone Sydney 2006:

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3695/jujufranc0kj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SET1 (http://nouf.tennisvidz.com/WTA/sydney2006/finaleheninschiavonesydney2006_set1.mpeg)

DEETHELICK
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Justine is a true fighter. There is a will and spirit in her victories that make me admire her.

If she stays healthy through the AO, I genuinely believe she will come through her section.

gladysharon
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Coming from a hiatus and injury, Justine performed well!! So glad that she's in top form again!! :bounce:

fer_86
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Final Henin vs Schiavone Sydney 2006:

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3695/jujufranc0kj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SET1 (http://nouf.tennisvidz.com/WTA/sydney2006/finaleheninschiavonesydney2006_set1.mpeg)

:worship:

cheo23
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Congratulations Mrs. Sydney International Champion: Queen Justine!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

I love her fighting SPIRIT!!!!!!!!:worship:

continue this winning streak @ the Australian Open!!!!!!!! WE LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:53 PM
will her stamina be ok for australia :unsure: i want that venus justine 4th round matchup

prowler
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:03 PM
i post soon match

Any way u could make the whole match into a torrent? Eurosport only showed the last set! I was dead disappointed. I bacame a Franny fan last year...wonder how soon she's going to take over the title of best female player never to have won....etc....etc.

Allez-H
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
will her stamina be ok for australia :unsure: i want that venus justine 4th round matchup
I luve your av :hearts:

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I luve your av :hearts:

03 Wimbledon vs Clijsters coming back from the ab injury! i thought it capture her real competitive spirit

alibaby
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:24 PM
wow
closer than expected
good fight Francesca , i'm sure you'll win your first title in 2006 , you deserve it :)
very right,jool!i can imagine her very well to turn some heads next week(franci!)
and one of the main reasons,i like her so much,is her lovely interaction with the audience!you feel with her,that it comes directly from the heart.and thats why the public loves her too!!so,franny-baby,get it on in melbourne!! :kiss: :kiss: