PDA

View Full Version : Serena could fall to #42

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Now just suppose Serena doesn't make it past the first round at the AO, which is a realistic possibility against Li with her current form .... her ranking would drop to around #42 :eek: , making her unseeded at almost every big tournament she enters afterwards :eek: :eek:, which could cause some very tough first round matches for the top players :eek:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:03 AM
well its a big possibility for her but i hope she dont

jfk
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Even if she goes out in the 4th round (most likely), I'm sure she'll fall a lot. Has anyone calculated how much she'll fall if that happens?

venus_rulez
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:17 AM
In 2001, many of the top players complained because Serena was barely playing tournements and she was always around 9 or 10 in the world. They didn;t like drawing her early in tournaments. If that were too happen, I don't think it will, but if it did I'd imagine we'll hear the same complaints.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Now just suppose Serena doesn't make it past the first round at the AO, which is a realistic possibility against Li with her current form .... her ranking would drop to around #42 :eek: , making her unseeded at almost every big tournament she enters afterwards :eek: :eek:, which could cause some very tough first round matches for the top players :eek:
How do you know what her current form is? :shrug: You haven't seen her play a real match since the fourth round of the US Open.

Now, just suppose she beats Kim in the final.

spencercarlos
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I dont doubt what she is capable of, but honestly if she loses early she will deserve her ranking, she has done pretty little after Australia last year and has been out of shape in the last grand slams played. Not only that but when she has showed, has not given her 100%, injury or not, if you decide to step on the court you have to.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:28 AM
I dont doubt what she is capable of, but honestly if she loses early she will deserve her ranking, she has done pretty little after Australia last year and has been out of shape in the last grand slams played. Not only that but when she has showed, has not given her 100%, injury or not, if you decide to step on the court you have to.
Really??!! :eek:

Stamp Paid
Thats worse for the players in the Top 10 than it is for Serena. :)

spencercarlos
How do you know what her current form is? :shrug: You haven't seen her play a real match since the fourth round of the US Open.

Given to her looks, i really doubt she can beat Kim. But who knows, if she is hitting the hell out of the ball, she can win this grand slam easily.

-VSR-
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I think if she ever fell down that low in the rankings, that would be the biggest wake up call of all. But I have faith in Serena, she will she do well here.

spencercarlos
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Really??!! :eek:
WImbledon USopen and Shanghai events Serena played those events walking and barely reaching some balls. You canīt win in tennis if you donīt move. Anyway That is not Serena...
Especially during 2002-2003 where it was so difficult to hit winners against her, she would run so many balls down.

-VSR-
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Serena also did not play Roland Garros, so she will def. gain points there! :yeah:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Some of you guys are being ridiculous, Serena has never gone out in the 1st round of a major and I'm sure she doesn't plan on doing it now. Serena is talented and experienced enough to scrape through the draw to at least the R16. Keep in mind, this is a GRAND SLAM...Serena for the most part is a different player mentally in the slams.

Flashback to Wimbledon 2005, Serena in the WORST shape anyone has ever seen her in..manages to get to the 3rd round....Loses her serve 6 times (I believe) in two sets...and still manages to get to a tie breaker in the 2nd set, all while huffing, puffing, not moving, not hitting through her shots, and with a cold as well. I think some of you are so happy to see that Serena isn't dominant anymore that you are letting wishful thinking cloud your good judgement.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:47 AM
WImbledon USopen and Shanghai events Serena played those events walking and barely reaching some balls. You canīt win in tennis if you donīt move. Anyway That is not Serena...
Especially during 2002-2003 where it was so difficult to hit winners against her, she would run so many balls down.
I was being facetious. :rolleyes:

Marcus1979
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:03 AM
if that was to happen imagine the prospect of someone like Mauresmo having to face Serena in the 2nd round of a tier event
or like 1st or 2nd round in a slam.

This would be more scary for her opposition than it would for Serena ;)

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:05 AM
if that was to happen imagine the prospect of someone like Mauresmo having to face Serena in the 2nd round of a tier event
or like 1st or 2nd round in a slam.

This would be more scary for her opposition than it would for Serena ;)
Welcome back Marcus :hug: Happy New Year. Now, I'm going to bed. You Aussie's can take over the board now. ;)

blamoh
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM

You are talking like someone who doesn't watch tennis. Serena # 42 without
injury against Davenport #1, who you think will win? Serena of course.
Serena being #100 or whatever rank you wish her is capable of beating any
top ten player. Rankings don't play tennis, the ability of a player is important.

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Serena being #100 or whatever rank you wish her is capable of beating any
top ten player. Rankings don't play tennis, the ability of a player is important.

you don't quite understand english do you? that's exactly what I said. The top players will have very difficult first round matches because Serena will be ranked way below her capabilities :rolleyes:

LucasArg
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I am not worried about her ranking. If she stay healthy she can reach the top easily.

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM

That's from what I've seen in Hong Kong and read about Serena lately; Now, you can't possibly state she is in the finest form of her life?! Things don't look good.

If she prooves me wrong, she will have earned it and I'll be the first to admit it. I'm just stating out a possibility and the consequences here......

Equipped
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:24 AM

Who do I think will win? At this point, I'd say Davenport. All credit to Serena historically, but, hey, c'mon, Lindsay definitely has the upper hand right now. As great as Serena's been, she's (without a doubt) struggling now.

Good luck SW---here's to a great recovery.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
That's from what I've seen in Hong Kong and read about Serena lately; Now, you can't possibly state she is in the finest form of her life?! Things don't look good.

If she prooves me wrong, she will have earned it and I'll be the first to admit it. I'm just stating out a possibility and the consequences here......
I never said she was in the finest form. It's just that no one fretted over Kim being ranked in the 100's when she came back and no one is making any negative prognosis of either Justine who hasn't done anything worthwhile since the French or Maria, who is suffering with a dislocated rib. I don't understand this negative press and prognostications about Serena. Is it your hopes and wishes that she fail?

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Is it your hopes and wishes that she fail?

not at all, it would seriously fuck up future draws....

serenafan08
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
:lol: There are some people that are really petrified at the thought of Serena dropping out of the top 20!!! Let me say it like this: She's never lost in the first round of a major, and I can almost guarantee that she won't do it now. That's a record that precious to Serena because she's just about the only top player who has never lost in the first round of a Grand Slam. Given the fact that she's defending champion of this tournament, I'm sure she'll bring her best to the court because she wants to make a deep run.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:29 PM
not at all, it would seriously fuck up future draws....
I can't help but wonder because you seem so titilated by the whole notion. :confused: