PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic vs Virginia Razzano

jbone_0307
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Who do you think will win this match? Does anybody have a head to head with these two? Jelena has a good opportunity to reach atleast the 3rd round if she is consistent, which she never is. :lol: I think Jelena will win in 3 tight sets (I hope).

ClaudiaZ-S
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Virginie!

Hachiko
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Razzano, 6:2, 7:5.

Erika_Angel
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Razzano's form has been pretty terrible lately. I checked her results and she is on a 5 match losing streak. Her ranking is only as high as it is because of like 2 good results last year.
I'm thinking Jelena SHOULD be able to get through it.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Allez Jelena. She's gonna find a way to lose though. :sad:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:20 AM
i hope she can win it

CJ07
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Jelena should win, but because of that, she probably won't....hopefully she will though. If the crowd gets behind her, I think she can do it.

rada
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:38 AM
i think jelena can win this match:) good luck :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Jelena got a damn good draw in my opinion. Virginie has been attrocious ever since the clay court season. Her only top 100 wins since then are against players in massive slumps (Spears and Jidkova) or players who are terrible on that surface (Kloesel on a hard court, Castano on a grass court:tape: ). Jelena couldn't hit a serve to save her life and almost beat Schruff last week. If she manages to get through that, she'll either play Martinez-Granados, who can't play on a hard court to save her life, or Sugiyama, who has looked less than stellar Down Under this year.

There's a ton of factors to consider though, the most important being that this is Jelena's first match in Australia in five years. We also have no idea how the crowd will react to her. I'm picking Jelena in three sets but this match could go any number of ways. The third round is not unrealistic for Jelena though.

Berlin_Calling
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:40 AM
keep the double faults under 10 and i think she will be able to pull through :)

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Dokic does have the game to beat Razzano.
Razzano is basically another version of Natalie Dechy with a bit more variety and a little bit slower in movement.
Dokic needs to keep the points long but pressure Razzano by moving her around. She definately needs to hold serves and keep the errors to a minimum.
Players definately have been taken advantage of Razzanos lack of movement. Dokic should be able to do the same.

vogus
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Dokic-Razzano-CMG-Sugiyama has got to be the weakest mini-section in the whole draw. One of these players will reach the 3rd round, when all four of them should be getting beaten in the first round.

jfk
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Dokic-Razzano-CMG-Sugiyama has got to be the weakest mini-section in the whole draw. One of these players will reach the 3rd round, when all four of them should be getting beaten in the first round.
It's pretty awful. Only rivaled by Craybas/Jankovic/Qualifier/Qualifier. I'm sure one of the qualifiers will come out of that group, as Jankovic is wildly inconsistent. Koukalova/Camerin/Bychkova/Qualifier is also weak as hell. And, of course, those two mini-sections are in the same quarter.

Darop.
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Jelena definitely has a great draw, she would probably face Ai in the 2nd round if she were to win.

I hope she can capitalize :sad:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:15 AM
she has to get her serve worked out against virginie and have confidence and not go for broke on every shot. then she can win :)

CooCooCachoo
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Allez Virginie :rocker2:

Get out of that poor shape :help:

hablo
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Allez Virginie !! :bounce:

vutt
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Well on paper it's winnable, but if she's going to hit 20+ DF's then...

Looking at the draw she and Sam are Aussies best hopes.

switz
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Jelena certainly has the ability to win but i won't underestimate Virginie because she has habit of pulling good form from nowhere.

It's pretty tough to call. She did get a great draw though

LucasArg
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I hope Jelena plays her best. She needs to improve her ranking.

Go Jelena!!! :wavey:

xXSarajevoXx
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Ajmo Jeco, she can win this match!

So Disrespectful
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Dokic all the way. She can only go up!

Petersmiler
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah I'm pretty pleased with her draw, considering what it could have been like!

She certainly stands a chance of getting to the third round, and I have evrything crossed for her!

©@®eLess
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Razzano beat my fave Ivanovic last year. So there is no discussion who'll win between fenchwoman and doublefaulted lady

hdfb
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I so hope she wins!! I was there at her wild-card play off matches, and I am definitely going to go support her on either Monday or Tuesday...

I really think Jelena can pull this off. Razzano has been playing really crap as of late, if Jelena can settle into the match, and not be beaten by nerves like in New Zealand, I think she'll win in two sets...

Erika_Angel
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Razzano beat my fave Ivanovic last year. So there is no discussion who'll win between fenchwoman and doublefaulted lady

She beat her back in Feb when Ivanovic was ranked lower. Check her current results.

Sorry to tell you, but not everything can be made into a comparision of Serbia/Monetengro and it's players.

©@®eLess
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM
She beat her back in Feb when Ivanovic was ranked lower. Check her current results.

Sorry to tell you, but not everything can be made into a comparision of Serbia/Monetengro and it's players.

well there are currently four of them ranked better then "i'm feeling australian" :lol: :lol:

Erika_Angel
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:47 PM
well there are currently four of them ranked better then "i'm feeling australian" :lol: :lol:

What is your point?
Does that mean that everything has to be about Ana and her fellow serbian players? You take national pride to the extreme to the point of hating other players because they leave your country. Get over it.

Ellery
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Virginie in 3.

jonny84
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Head-To-Head

Jelena 1 Virginie 0

Jelena won a claycourt match in Sarasota in 2002 winning 6-3 1-0 (ret.)

That match wont give us any clues. I think Jelena might just win this; she won the Wildcard playoff and has a lot to prove to Australia. Razanno is easily beatable.