PDA

View Full Version : Henin-Hardenne Vs. V. Williams: Who will not pass the 4th round?

Rub
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:26 AM
this is exciting! who do you think will not make the quarters?

Mightymirza
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Jhh

iWill
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I feel like if Venus is playing good enough to get here and the injury hasnt affected her JHH doesnt bother Venus too much they havent played ina while but I think Venus wants to prove she can win outside of Wimbledon and the USO AND that her win last year wasnt a fluke. Venus and Serena both always say that they have nothing to prove to anyone which is very true but I think she wants to win this one.

kiwifan
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:40 AM
If they meet, I'd favor Venus to win. ;)

anywhere, anytime on every surface.

venus_rulez
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Henin Hardenne is capable of winning this match but I wouldn't bet on her if for no other reason than as long as venus employs the same strategies she used to get the head to head to 7-1, venus will win this match. This match hasn't happened yet but it is in venus' hands. If venus serves well, Justine can't do much she's always had problems with venus' serve, especially the one outwide. Venus' has been very successful at jamming Justine's backhand to set up an easy winner, she still has the power to do that. She also is more aggressive than Justine for the most part and will, if she's playing well take the net awat from Justine. Like i said Justine is capable of winning this match, but history is against her.

Derek.
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:42 AM
They haven't even played their first round yet.

Berlin_Calling
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:43 AM
i cant wait for this matchup :drool:

Munchen
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:44 AM
They both could lose b4 Rnd 16 :scared:

It's too early to tell. :) I hope to see the match. :bounce:

new-york
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:49 AM
I so hope that it will be the rd 16 match.

And of course Venus, feel free to act like in 2003. :devil:

Marcus1979
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:58 AM
I remember their last match in 2003 SemiFinal
I hope its like that

if venus near her top level she can wipe the court with justines blood :devil: :lol:

Mightymirza
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Sorry my bad i meant JHH will..Shell beat everyone in her way :D

CooCooCachoo
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:00 AM
I'd be shocked if Juju bows out to Venus.

Lady
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:02 AM
It's so early!! :rolleyes:

Why rush things?

Blonde_Ambition7
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:02 AM
we'll see when/if they get there

hablo
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Venus will beat JHH :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I'd be shocked if Juju bows out to Venus.

:lol: How dumb considering Venus has a 7-1 h2h against Justine. I think Venus has an even easier time with Justine than she had with Clijsters when she dominated her.

LucasArg
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:27 AM
It should be a very close match, but I give Venus an edge to win it.

ceiling_fan
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM
close poll!

I hope Venus can pass the 4th round. I hope VEnus brings that competitive spirit and intensity she brought to wimbledon here.

Andy.
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Venus will rise from this match in triumph

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:02 AM
JHH is just playing better tennis at the moment from what I've seen so far (HK & Sydney).... My money is on the Belgian to win the match

John.
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I think it's too early too predict. It depends if they get there.

However, if they do, I think Justine will win.

martinailuv
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:59 AM
it will be a close match but i think atm that juju is in better shape than venus so she'll win.

Bounty Hunter
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Justine is playing well so far.... but I'm going with Venus!

daniela86
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM
It should be a great match :drool: I can't wait to see it :yippee: :yippee:
I think JHH will win in 3 tough sets but you never know with if Venus is on fire :)

TomTennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:49 AM
id go with Venus, for sure.

BUT, lets resurect this thread after they have both won their 3rd round matches!

Go Venus!

moby
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM
:lol: How dumb considering Venus has a 7-1 h2h against Justine. I think Venus has an even easier time with Justine than she had with Clijsters when she dominated her.Yes, because 3 year-old head to heads are so relevant.

turt
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Well, I think it's an interesting match-up! I don't think we can draw conclusions from h2h, because in january 2003 (three years ago!!! :eek: ), Justine was still the "little girl that couldn't compete with the big babes" and Venus & Serena were definitely the "untouchable players".

Then Justine started training with Pat Etcheberry, and her game changed alot, she became more powerful. It helped her not being afraid of the other top players, and she's now a 4 times grand slam champion, as well as olympic champion.

Of course when healthy, Venus is still one of the best contenders on the WTA, but Justine is too!

So I will give a slight edge to Justine if they meet, and definitely a close match :)

vwfan
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM
personally, I am more worried about a Davenport QF for Venus. I don't see Venus going down to Justine. I see Venus in straight sets--one hard and one easy.

Foot_Fault
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I feel like if Venus is playing good enough to get here and the injury hasnt affected her JHH doesnt bother Venus too much they havent played ina while but I think Venus wants to prove she can win outside of Wimbledon and the USO AND that her win last year wasnt a fluke. Venus and Serena both always say that they have nothing to prove to anyone which is very true but I think she wants to win this one.

A 5 time Grand Slam Champion in singles 6 in Doubles would hardly qualify ANY Win by "THE FUCKING VENUS WILLIAMS" a Fluke.

Watch your words son, watch your words!:fiery:
:angel:

DragonFlame
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:54 PM
if they both meet, wich i truly believe. justine will win this, hopefully that would finally shut some people up :devil: allezzz!

Matze
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Justine is in awesome shape right now, but she had not that opponent of Venus´ caliber this week. So, lets wait till they finally meet... Maybe Juju struggels before that match, maybe it´s Venus who is upset... If they are on the court against each other we can talk about this again, because then we know the true Venus form!!! Be sure, it´s 20 classes better than at the HK-Exibithion!

Anyway, I go with Venus... Have just that strong feeling that she will fly deep into the draw this year!

Allez-H
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I'm agreeing with what alot of things said down here ;) But i'll be happy if the match already takes place, both girls still have to win three matches each and then you just can sit back and relax in your couch with a bag of popcorn and keep saying to yourself: " Life's goooooood :cool:" (although I should worry since AO-time = exams-time for me :scared: )

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
!!!

Ambrosia
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:21 PM
The unmarried one. ;)

The Crow
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Did I miss a couple of rounds? :confused:

Bubba08
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
They haven't even played their first round yet.
Yeah, take it step by step, perhaps those speculations will be useless :shrug:

Rub
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:59 AM
id say henin hardenne has the upper hand in this match!

azmad_88
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Wimbledon Champion will win a tight 2 setter agains the French Open Champion

LH2HBH
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:47 AM
VENUS will come through. When I hear 'ALLEZ' i want to barf

Portobello
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Juju will win this match up ;)

esquímaux
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:55 AM
i cant wait for this matchup :drool::drool: INDEED! Me can't wait! Me can't wait :bounce: :yippee: I just hope both ladies and fit and can put on a good show for us :drool: :D

October
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:56 AM
:lol: How dumb considering Venus has a 7-1 h2h against Justine. I think Venus has an even easier time with Justine than she had with Clijsters when she dominated her.

Right said! Me too voting for Venus winning the match