PDA

View Full Version : Prideful Serena fans: I have a question.

Sinnet
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:50 AM
If Serena loses early on at Australia, will those who are saying things like "haters are going to eat their words" or "she'll prove everyone wrong" be changing their comments to "she wasn't in shape" or "she didn't play good, she shouldn't have gone"?

I'm merely curious.

-VSR-
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:52 AM
No, I will say no one is perfect and get on with my life. So what she lost in the first round, its not like she is the first top player to do so. And what if she wins, goes onto reach the 2nd week, Semi's, finals, wins it? What will you do? Crawl back into your hole and deny that she is a good player?

Hots4Safin
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I do happen to think Serena IS out of shape. I'm not saying she can't be out of shape and win some rounds...maybe even a semi appearance. But i'm gonna wait to see her first round. I'm making no ABSOLUTE predictions for her so i'm not gonna have to answer for her either.

AkademiQ
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:54 AM
And if she wins like she did last year and like Venus did at Wimbledon will the haters, detractors change their tunes and either cheer Serena on or admit they were wrong? I'm merely curious as to why you didn't think of the other side of this coin.

Paialii
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:55 AM
If Serena loses early on at Australia, will those who are saying things like "haters are going to eat their words" or "she'll prove everyone wrong" be changing their comments to "she wasn't in shape" or "she didn't play good, she shouldn't have gone"?

I'm merely curious.

Is there a reason you feel it's your duty to post so many negative, bias hypothetical topics, Sinnet? You're always asking for trouble, and I don't care what your rebuttal to that is — that's how you've always been perceived.

The fact of the matter is this: Serena Williams will play however she plays, and if it turns out good, that's great, if not, she learns from it and moves on, and so do her fans, right along with her.

Now please, stop starting these negative discussions and find something more valuable to do with your time.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:56 AM
exactly. I DO think Serena is out of shape but i still think she is perfectly capable of winning the title if her game is on and she is moving ok.
Basically I see 3 VERY likely but very DIFFERENT scenarios happening

-Serena: plays WELL, game is on. movement is Ok and moves through the draw much to everyone's suprise.
-Serena: seems rusty and sluggish but fights her way through matches.
-Serena: plays horrible, movement and fitness seem very poor and crashes out early.

IMO All 3 of these scenarios could be likley.

Jeff
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:59 AM
I have to see the match before I give a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question.

K-Dog
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:01 AM
If she loses first round, oh well I guess. Life moves on and you go to the next tournament. Serena isn't in her best form physically. Again I hae no doubt that she is going to try to change that. Let's not forget that it takes time for the body to just drop weight. In a month, I see her 10 lbs lighter and more muscular. Serena will get her form back, and as long as she continues to practice hard, the results will take care of themselves. This is a first for Serena fans to see her out of shape. She has been injured and really couldn't train like she wanted to. Serena will be back, it'll just take some time.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:09 AM

I'm merely curious.
What did you say when Justine lost in the first round at Wimbledon last year?

AkademiQ
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:13 AM

He probably said Justine would take up with Gilbert like he said Serena would with Macci. You know Sinnet is alway son the ball about being truthful and real.

vettipooh
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:18 AM
"she wasn't in shape" "she didn't play good" and "she shouldn't have gone!!!":lol:

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:20 AM
"she wasn't in shape" "she didn't play good" and "she shouldn't have gone!!!":lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Volcana
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM

I'm merely curious.I have no idea. I'll say she was injured, and she lost, tomorrow is another day. Besides, Serena isn't going to defend anyway. She's going to lose to Venus in the semis.

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:36 AM
im in total agreement that Serena is out of shape and that she prob wont go very far! but quite frankly im sick of everyone trying to diminish Serena she has accomplished so much more than alot of your favorites combined. And her and Venus have battled alot of negativity and disbelief mounted against them. Im not even a big fan of Serena but i know that few players will ever mount to what she has done. and if she does crash out to Li then so be it but even if she does she will have my absolute respect and i think your joy of stirring up hate against her is just pathetic. Why dont you just root for your own fav and stop trying to push down ours. thank you

venus_rulez
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:37 AM
What's funny to me is how many people are saying that Serena isn't dedicated. Her lack of dedication is why she's only won 3 titles in the last two years, it's why she's out of shape, it's why she's out of the top 10 yada yada yada. But if dedication is all it takes then what does that say about all the other players not named Serena, Justine, Venus, and Kim who didn't win slams last year?

rjd1111
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Is there a reason you feel it's your duty to post so many negative, bias hypothetical topics, Sinnet? You're always asking for trouble, and I don't care what your rebuttal to that is — that's how you've always been perceived.

The fact of the matter is this: Serena Williams will play however she plays, and if it turns out good, that's great, if not, she learns from it and moves on, and so do her fans, right along with her.

Now please, stop starting these negative discussions and find something more valuable to do with your time.

Amen!

careyscott
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:09 AM
im in total agreement that Serena is out of shape and that she prob wont go very far! but quite frankly im sick of everyone trying to diminish Serena she has accomplished so much more than alot of your favorites combined. And her and Venus have battled alot of negativity and disbelief mounted against them. Im not even a big fan of Serena but i know that few players will ever mount to what she has done. and if she does crash out to Li then so be it but even if she does she will have my absolute respect and i think your joy of stirring up hate against her is just pathetic. Why dont you just root for your own fav and stop trying to push down ours. thank you

Life must be so hard when your talented, accomplished, famous and rich. It must be a terrible struggle to face each day knowing some inconsequential peons on some website aren't your fans. I just can't imagine how Venus and Serena can get out of bed to fufill their lucrative sponsorship, TV and book deals. What troupers they are. Move over Rosa Parks and Anne Frank we got a real struggle to overcome.

Nobody more than me appreciates how the Williams' have used the old Connors anti establishment schtick to promote themselves but when as much success and cash as these young women have achieved happens it all starts to ring a little hollow. Their great players but I'm afraid they don't fit the profile of any victim I've ever heard of so lets stop playing that card because it cheapens them and you.

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Life must be so hard when your talented, accomplished, famous and rich. It must be a terrible struggle to face each day knowing some inconsequential peons on some website aren't your fans. I just can't imagine how Venus and Serena can get out of bed to fufill their lucrative sponsorship, TV and book deals. What troupers they are. Move over Rosa Parks and Anne Frank we got a real struggle to overcome.

Nobody more than me appreciates how the Williams' have used the old Connors anti establishment schtick to promote themselves but when as much success and cash as these young women have achieved happens it all starts to ring a little hollow. Their great players but I'm afraid they don't fit the profile of any victim I've ever heard of so lets stop playing that card because it cheapens them and you.
Wow, that is you Julia. :lol:

careyscott
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Wow, that is you Julia. :lol:

I don't know any Julia but she sure sounds amazing,

Ta

ceiling_fan
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:31 AM
well... saying things like "she'll prove the odds wrong and do well :yeah:" is more acceptable than saying
"she sucks and will never past the first round coz she's so sucky"

if that makes sense :scratch:

Barlos
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:40 AM
She has a tough match in round 1 against Na Li, she'll need to be reasonably fit or she'll struggle.