PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Kim's request for a Tuesday start will be granted?

FaceyFacem
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:54 AM
I hope they give her a tuesday start, although i wouldn't be surprised if more of the top players (venus, serena, maria) who have had a few health questions surrounding them have also requested tuesday starts, so maybe they won't do it

we'll see...post thoughts or news of you have it here!

pcrtennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Hope she doesn't...

hingis-seles
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:57 AM
I hope they do because then I get to watch Martina on tv. (more likely)

CoolDude7
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:03 AM
I don't knoW! I am ready to know which half will play first!

-VSR-
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:04 AM
I hope Venus and Serena play Monday. Day off from school, so def. going to be here! :D

Ferosh
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:06 AM
It's Australia, of course they are going to grant her request.

Ryan
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:06 AM
I'd prefer it if the bottom half play Tuesday (Monday night my time) because I dont have class til the afternoon. Hopefully they obey Kim. :p

xin_hui
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:08 AM
i think she will request, and she will get it

cartmancop
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:28 AM
I think as long as there isn't a conflicting request by somebody they'd value higher...(though I don't know if there is anyone in that situation) she'll get it. It worries me that she needs it though, hopefully just precautionary.

TF Chipmunk
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:29 AM
It really depends on which half is playing first :shrug: I don't think she can request it like in other events.

Rub
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:05 AM
hopefully!

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:21 AM
No, they won't :)

Remember Serena request the same thing few years ago after twisted her ankle in Sydney and it was denied.

tae04
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:29 AM
they better not, because I remember in 2002 when Serena twisted her ankle in Sydney again Meghann, then requested her match be pushed back a day and they denied it like some idiots, and she withdrew. If she went could have possibly had the year slam.

rjd1111
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:59 AM
I hope they give her a tuesday start, although i wouldn't be surprised if more of the top players (venus, serena, maria) who have had a few health questions surrounding them have also requested tuesday starts, so maybe they won't do it

we'll see...post thoughts or news of you have it here!

Yeah right! I remember when Serena asked for a one day delay because of an ankle Injury and she was refused. It might have cost her a Grand Slam, because
she went on after that and won RG, Wimb, and the USO. Serena Slam

~|Naomi|~
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Um has Kim even requested it yet?

Munchen
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:06 AM
If she requests it, they will allow it. :)

good luck Kimmie :hug:

ClaudiaZ-S
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I want to see her playing on Monday :devil: :lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I want to see her playing on Monday :devil: :lol:
So am I! :D

tennisluver99
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I thought that the defending champion's half always starts on Monday??? or don't they do that at the AO???

Slumpsova
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Aussie love Kim, don't they?

fifiricci
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Apparently Kim has been given special dispensation to delay her start up until Wednesday if that's what she wants! :D

Oh boy, I'm getting out of here before the bitchfest starts! ;)

Andy.
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
They should

lindsayno1
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM
prob cos shes aussie 'adopted'.
I hope they dont. Either shes fit or she isnt.

Hagar
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Apparently Kim has been given special dispensation to delay her start up until Wednesday if that's what she wants! :D

No, they will actually let her start on Monday 23 January since she always makes the second week anyway!!! :devil:

WOOHAA!!! :angel:

Marcus1979
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I hope the top draw is on a different day than the half hewitt is on

or if the aussie men loose early :devil:

~|Naomi|~
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM

No she hasn't. One article said she could get it. But McNamee said he has had many requests for late starts but as yet none have been granted.

blamoh
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
We will see if they will grant Clijsters that request having denied Serena Williams
at the same AusOpen, same circumstance. It will be a pure not discrimination but
racism at highest level.

azmad_88
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:16 PM
If they start with the top half...
why would kim even want to request..
i think she will get a late tuesday match as well right...
but if it starts on monday too..she might play the evening session..
so we will see where it goes...
but i think they will start with the defending champion's side of the draw ...????
so serena's top will start ya?
wonder how they gonna pick the match for rod laver? davenport?sahrapova?serena?

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:23 PM
i donno if she will even ask for it

Freewoman33
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:36 PM
If they give her a Tuesday start soley on the basis of her injury, that would be quite unfair to Serena and it would raise a red flag, in my mind, about the whole draw rigging thing. GS tournaments are supposed to be fair to every player regardless of their ranking or likeness. It wouldn't be fair to the other players.

fifiricci
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM
No she hasn't. One article said she could get it. But McNamee said he has had many requests for late starts but as yet none have been granted.

Oh Ok, thanks, I must have misread the original post about this then.:o

Kunal
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM
thats a tough one

auntie janie
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I think the half with the winner of Sydney should always get the late start, because it's difficult that she has to recover so quickly, get to Melbourne, and get down to work immediately. It's like being punished for lasting so long in Sydney if she has to play on Monday in Melbourne. If they made it an ironclad rule, no one could fuss. :angel:

It's interesting, though, that they say they've had a lot of late-start requests this year. Will be interesting to see how they handle this issue fairly. I definitely think they will give preference to Kim, just by the way they've talked about her importance to the tournament.

TomTennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM
If they start with the top half...
why would kim even want to request..
i think she will get a late tuesday match as well right...
but if it starts on monday too..she might play the evening session..
so we will see where it goes...
but i think they will start with the defending champion's side of the draw ...????
so serena's top will start ya?
wonder how they gonna pick the match for rod laver? davenport?sahrapova?serena?

firstly, i cant believe they denied Serena's request in 2002!! :eek: :sad: (no one will know what could have been...lol)

But im not sure its fair for her asking, because the AO are always going to give Kim the request if she asks because they think she is (or was) their "adopted" daughter. It would be extremely unfair i guess.

That is going to be tough to choose who to put on which court. Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Maria and Justine all on the same day!! :eek: :worship: Boy i would LOVE to have tickets for the day they play on!!!!

tfannis
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I think the half with the winner of Sydney should always get the late start, because it's difficult that she has to recover so quickly, get to Melbourne, and get down to work immediately. It's like being punished for lasting so long in Sydney if she has to play on Monday in Melbourne. If they made it an ironclad rule, no one could fuss. :angel:

It's interesting, though, that they say they've had a lot of late-start requests this year. Will be interesting to see how they handle this issue fairly. I definitely think they will give preference to Kim, just by the way they've talked about her importance to the tournament.

That would be a very shitty rule cause what to do with poor Francesca Schiavone? She has played as much tennis as Justine and just because she lost she wouldn't get the advantage Justine would? ;)

Or what to do with the players at Hobart? :p

adam_ads_n
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I think fully fit player (Like Henin, Hingis, Dokic) will be playing on Monday and Kim, Safarova, maybe Serena will be playing on Tuesday :) But that's only my theory

auntie janie
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:16 PM
That would be a very shitty rule cause what to do with poor Francesca Schiavone? She has played as much tennis as Justine and just because she lost she wouldn't get the advantage Justine would? ;)

Yes, that's the price you pay for losing. No one cares what happens to you any more. ;)

WF4EVER
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Why do you ask? Is she pushing her luck after getting that sweetheart draw?