View Full Version : Ivanovic-Perry Jankovic-Craybas

©@®eLess
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Jelena is continuing with her "known" draws this year as well

she drew 2004 nemesis Jill Craybas,

2nd Q
3r Elena Dementieva (familiar)
4th Petrova

not going further tough chances for 3rd round considering not playing any warm-ups. Hick-ups could happen on start :mad:

Ivanovic-Perry

then home crowd favorite Stosur, which i consider big threat, then Dechy then Pierce.... tough one too

Bad luck again girls. Proves us how strong u are

Belco
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:51 AM
im hoping they will have a good run

ivanovic has it easy into the 3rd round same with jankovic

rada
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:29 AM
jankovic has a good draw

Joana
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I don't think it's that bad a draw. Stosur in 2R looks tricky but Ana should win that one. I expect her to reach at least 4R and I think she has a chance against Pierce.
Jelena has to beat Craybas and avenge that awful loss from 2 years ago!

Belco
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:14 PM
they can do it :D

daniela86
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I think they have great draws :D Ana should be able to beat Perry then Stosur without huge problems.She was more impressive than Stosur at Sydney and she knows how to stay focused and win in spite of the crowd.She proved it at Roland Garros last year :p I also expect her to reach the 4th round :D (at least)
As far as Jeca is concerned,it's difficult to judge if she is fit or not since she didn't play but I think Craybas is an ideal player to test herself :) Normally, she should beat her if she is fit. Then,if she wins,it will depend on the Q she will draw.I hope she won't draw Vika Azarenka :scared: coz she seems to be the next big thing :scared:

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Ana vs Perry - actually I'm quite afraid (just like before each of her matches :lol: )... Perry has a big serve - I believe she served one of the fastest serve during last US Open :eek: But also she lost in Sydney Qualies vs. Duszewina 63 06 06 I believe
Then Stosur - it will be funny to watch Serb fans vs Aussie crowd! :lol: Who will be noisier? - I hope it will be on RLA or VFA so that we can watch it on ES :D
Then - I think Yan, who might upset Dechy in the 1st round IMO - but Ana shouldn't have probs with her :p
4th round - Mary - Ana will have to play close to her best to beat Frenchwoman

Actually 4th round is not that bad, but I can see Ana in Quarters ;)

Jelena:
Match-up vs Craybas can be tricky and actually I don't know anything about Jelena right now because she haven't played since Philadelphia when she lost to Panowa (btw. didn't Panowa knock out Jeca last year? :tape: :o )
If she wins in a decent way, she actually can go deep... Dementiewa is always beatable, Petrowa is injured...

We'll see... ;)

©@®eLess
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
well hope your predictions come true

from all those matches of our players! The one i'd would most like to see is Jelena def. Dementieva again, and reaching QF! But first she must past 3r as her best GS result, so 4th round this time would be fine

And Djokovic-Gasquet!!!!!!!!

azdaja
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:13 PM
the draw ain't bad. would like to see ana in qf.