PDA

View Full Version : My God What A Heavy Draw At Aussieopen!

DragonFlame
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:31 PM
upperhalf of the draw:

justine henin-hardenne vs. venus williams 4th round :eek: :unsure:

damn, too early in the tournie for my liking but... it's time we get that matchup again! the winner meets davenport in the quarter? :eek:

damn those were the people i wanted justine to avoid... owh well lets fight!

serena williams vs. maria sharapova 4th round
wow this is getting serious...

quarter against petrova or dementieva
pretty doable

conclusion:
kim on cruisecontrol in the lower half? :o only mary seems real business...

1 thing's for sure, the next 2 weeks are going to be fun!!!!!! :bounce:

jfk
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:33 PM
The Justine/JHH thing is just wrong. That's easily a final.

casey6
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I am in utter shock. There was like a 1 in 10,000 chance that the draw would be horrific like this for all of our favorite players. I think Lindsay, Justine and Venus fans all did not want this to happen! And then look at Amelie, Vaidisova, Schnyder and Myskina -- a Semifinalist is going to be on those but yet Justine or Venus won't make it past the Fourth Round.
At least the tournament will be amazing every other day, and on the other days, major snooze fest.

goldenboi356
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM
the tournament will be amazing every other day, and on the other days, major snooze fest.

all my favs are in the top haft!!!!!! the bottom will suck so horribly

DragonFlame
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I am in utter shock. There was like a 1 in 10,000 chance that the draw would be horrific like this for all of our favorite players. I think Lindsay, Justine and Venus fans all did not want this to happen! And then look at Amelie, Vaidisova, Schnyder and Myskina -- a Semifinalist is going to be on those but yet Justine or Venus won't make it past the Fourth Round.
At least the tournament will be amazing every other day, and on the other days, major snooze fest.

yeah this is crap :o the laterrounds of the slam won't be what we hoped for now.... the tophalf is just too crowded... and kim has a pretty easy draw in the lower half compared to the above :ras:

Chance
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Damn the top draw is bloody loaded while the bottom draw is piss poor.

I said damn when I saw Hinigs draw Vera, but actually she might have a good shot- considering how emotional Vera is.

I knew Venus & Serena will be on the same side, no I don't think the draws are riggged, I have seen the draw ceremony on tv- but every year that both have played (aside when they were no 1 & 2) both were in the same half.

But there's always that possibility when they're no.1 or no.2 - or even no.3 and no.4

hingis-seles
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:38 AM
The Justine/JHH thing is just wrong. That's easily a final.

:confused:

Ceecor
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Hingis will be favourite for the match.
Hingis is around 20-1 for the title, while you can secure 200's for Zvon'

Mightymirza
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:53 AM
no draw is tough for Justine if shes healthy and serves well..In fact she likes tough draws I think...

anthonyqld
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Zvonareva will get to the quarters.

sunset
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:11 AM
no draw is tough for Justine if shes healthy and serves well..In fact she likes tough draws I think...

Thats right. She's ready. Bring it on.

Prizeidiot
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Top heavy yes, but at least Elena is in an opposite half to Myskina!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Damn the top draw is bloody loaded while the bottom draw is piss poor.

I said damn when I saw Hinigs draw Vera, but actually she might have a good shot- considering how emotional Vera is.

I knew Venus & Serena will be on the same side, no I don't think the draws are riggged, I have seen the draw ceremony on tv- but every year that both have played (aside when they were no 1 & 2) both were in the same half.

But there's always that possibility when they're no.1 or no.2 - or even no.3 and no.4

not last year ;)

Chance
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:43 AM
lol oopps:o