PDA

View Full Version : Serena Willims should rightfully own ten Grand slams singles titles?

beall420
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:56 PM
First let me say this is all in my opinion.

I believe had it not been for few key elements here and there serena would now have ten grand slams instead of seven.

First had Justine not cheated and Raised her hand at the FO Serena would have not been distracted by the cheating and the crowd and would have gone on to win. She was still in her top form at this time.

Second, Had serena played up to 70% of her ability in the wimbeldon final vs maria she would have easily won. She choked for the first time in her career under the pressure of winning 3 consecutive wimbeldons.

Third had she not lost her concentration during the match vs capriati when she received the worst call in the history of the sport i believe she would have gone on to win that year as i cant even remember who the winner was im sure serena would have dusted them.

believe counted these wins serena will finish her career with about 15 grand slam singles titles.

go crazy!

Ferosh
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Whoa, this thread came out the blue.

kosmikgroove
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
coulda, shoulda, woulda....

tenn_ace
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:03 PM

exactly my thoughts :worship:

Taz Warrior
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:05 PM
:yawn: :rolleyes:

DragonFlame
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:05 PM
congrats, you win the 'lamest thread at the start of januari 13th award':ras: :rolleyes:

Geisha
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:09 PM
That's a crazy first post.

I think, during the semifinals of the French Open against Henin-Hardenne in 2003, that had Justine not raised her hand, Serena would have won. But, if she wasn't mentally strong enough to handle that incident, who's to say she would have handled it if they went deep into a third set?

At the Wimbledon final against Sharapova, she played like crap, but Maria played incredibly. She deserved it to the top degree. Serena had to be ready in the biggest tournament of her career and she wasn't. Wimbledon - you have to be ready for that tournament, and she simply wasn't good enough that day.

The 2004 US Open quarterfinals is the dumbest yet, though. Serena fully recovered after that terrible line call...well, the line call was at 1-0 or something and she would have gone up 2-0, right? Anyways, she ended up going down 5-4 anyways. But, the 5-4 game was insane. More line calls. But, we don't know if she would have dusted Davenport, Kuznetsova, or Dementieva anyways.

I think the real Slams Serena should have won were in other times. In 2003 and 2004, the US Open and Australian Opens, respectively...On hardcourts, Kim and Justine were simply not competitive and they were the dominating forces during those Grand Slams. I would say #8 and #9 would have come there. Also, maybe the 2002 Australian Open. ;)

Dana Marcy

Exactly and for the record, I AM a Serena fan. :D

CJ07
Serena should have 10 Seles should have 20 Graf shouldn't have 22

well

she doesn't, she doesn't, she does; live with it