PDA

View Full Version : Alexandra Stevenson signed up for Rockford 25K Qualies!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately, she's #65 on the alternate list for them:eek: , but I expect there to be a ton of withdrawals as there usually are at this level. If need be though, I'd imagine she would at least get a qualifying wild card from the tournament though.

Nice to see that she's willing to go back to square one and almost start completely over :) Let's hope this doesn't turn into a Mirjana Lucic situation where she starts pulling out of everything upon not getting into the MD/recieving wild cards...

Sally Struthers
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
that's just sad :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Umm... Yeah.
Does this Rockford tourni usually have grand slam semifinalist there?
You would think they would want her to play?

miranda_lou
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:14 PM
It is a little sad but it's good she is still trying to get back. She hasn't given up totally. She's at the bottom of the barrel so the only way to go is up.:rolleyes: What's her rank now? Somewhere around 700 or so?

Helen Lawson
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:16 PM
She could go lower, there are $10K challengers, I believe.

Meesh
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Rockford Illinois or Rockford Michigan?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Umm... Yeah.
Does this Rockford tourni usually have grand slam semifinalist there?
You would think they would want her to play?

Clarisa Fernandez played last yr

and at ITF level, they dont care if you are from Mars or down the road
everyone is treated the same.

You miss your shuttle bus to the tourn venue, you got to get to venue yourself, you miss your match, you get fined.

spiceboy
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Clarisa Fernandez played last yr

Yeah, and Kournikova won the title here 10 years ago

Declan
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I'm pleased to see Alex still trying to come back. And do you know what? I wouldn't even count her out, given a prolonged spell of good health. And THAT would please me, I have to say! She was bloody good when she was on form.

S-T-E-V-E
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Good start for her. She finally stopped to believe she's number one in the world. :)

MisterMan
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Why knock her for this ? She's not giving up and she's trying.
Jesus, it would be a lot more pathetic if she just left the sport totally. The girl is trying, more than we can say for some of us in our daily lives, no ??