PDA

View Full Version : Karatantcheva: "I'll be back"

Laikade
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM
:devil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4605224.stm

Bulgarian teenager Sesil Karatantcheva plans to appeal against a two-year ban for using performance-enhancing drugs.
The verdict was announced on Wednesday after the 16-year-old twice tested positive for banned steroid nandrolone.

"I'm going to appeal against the decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport," she said.

Karatantcheva has claimed that the high levels of nandrolone in her system were due to a pregnancy, which later ended in miscarriage.

The ITF's independent Anti-Doping Tribunal rejected Karatatcheva's claims but the player's lawyer has high hopes that an appeal would be successful.

"We have very strong evidence, things which were not taken into account at the hearing of the tribunal," said Darina Zinovieva.

"We'll file an appeal as soon as possible, within the three-week deadline."

Karatantcheva promised to return to the sport even if she loses the appeal.

"I'll keep training, I'm only 16. I'll be back, and my return will be thunderous," she told a news conference.

The Bulgarian, who was regarded as one of the sport's rising stars, first provided a positive test at the French Open, where she beat Venus Williams before falling in the fourth round.

The second came in an out-of-competition test two months later in July.

Allez-H
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Zhe Sesilator :armed:

frenchie
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Sesil=Schwarzy

SilK
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:01 PM
"I'll keep training, I'm only 16. I'll be back, and my return will be thunderous"

this quote will become infamous, no doubt. :lol:

Munchen
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Sesil :hug:

Modiac.
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Two years later,You will just 18.
It's not so late for a tennis pro,so i hope u can have a brighter future,Sesil.:)

Meesh
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Who is Darina Zinovieva? The pregnancy thing is odd since she tested positive in May and July according to the ITF. So she was 3 or 4 months pregnant on tour? I didn't think nandrolone was in your system at those high levels during pregnancy.

Helen Lawson
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I thought she fell in the QF?

incognito
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
During the ban, can she become subject to new doping tests or is she free from any obligations towards the ITF/WTA during this period? Because if she knows she won't be tested for the next 2 years, then she will almost certainly use that time to continue with the doping...

Slumpsova
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:19 PM
good luck Sesil. i'm sure you'll be back strong and more mature :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Don't get pregnant, Sesil :wavey:

maccardel
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM

"I'll keep training, I'm only 16. I'll be back, and my return will be thunderous," she told a news conference.

Quotes of all quotes....just love it. I can't wait.

améliemomo
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Use some protections.

AsGoodAsNew
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM
"I'll keep training, I'm only 16. I'll be back, and my return will be thunderous"

this quote will become infamous, no doubt. :lol:
And infamous too! :lol:

Knizzle
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM
In 2 years.....

ezekiel
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:40 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XDMV101011208_1024x768.jpg http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XDMV102011208_1024x768.jpg

she is still with her father. I wonder what his role is with all of this

AsGoodAsNew
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I am so cooing over this! The poor lamb that Sesil Slagface is, suddenly got pregnant through no business of her own! She went to bed, woke up and oops, coo!, she was pregnant! How did that happen? An angel came out of the sky and whispered into the sleeping Sesil's ear, and then made her pregnant - without any of her knowledge! Of course! It's not her fault! Blame an angel! Poor innocent Sesil!

And then some go, coo! Get better Sesil, coo, coo, coo. Don't do it again! Then she goes, no I will not, I am now forgiven, I have learned, I was deceived by evil trainers and agents and angels. It will never happen again. So I am now allright, and I am back and good and glorious. And some coo and slobber, and say, of course you are. Welcome, our little victimised soul.

But some say, piss off you lying little slapper, and DON'T come back.

Nicjac
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Well, 16 years olds don't turn down their daddy's just beacause they ordered them to drink something or shoot up or get them pregnant. :tape:

Or to tell them to lie to make a lot of money. In this case this lie will backfire as the endorsement deals hoped for will fall through.

Still - Sesil is a great tennis player to watch and I really hope that she'll be back!

manu32
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Who is Darina Zinovieva? The pregnancy thing is odd since she tested positive in May and July according to the ITF. So she was 3 or 4 months pregnant on tour? I didn't think nandrolone was in your system at those high levels during pregnancy.

but she is an alien probably ......

jogoss_78
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Sesil=Schwarzy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Danči Dementia
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I thought she fell in the QF?
Yes she did lost agains Likhotseva ......................................
about the suspension can ruin her forever or make her stronger that depends on the way she handle it I think she is a strong girl she need to be patient and I don't believe that she will win the apelation almost nobody does
anyway Sesil I hope to see you in 2008?

Derek.
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:20 PM
:haha: @ the thunderous return.

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:23 PM
YOU ARE TERMINATED!

So thunderous!

nouf
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:26 PM
article equipe today on sesil!

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3162/equipesesilbynouf7do.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=equipesesilbynouf7do.jpg)

canoe.
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Karatantcheva: "I'll be back" Not bloody likely!

manu32
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:33 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XDMV101011208_1024x768.jpg http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XDMV102011208_1024x768.jpg

the father of this unbelievable baby????

i don't know in her country but,here in france,pregnancy's test are very hard for people under 18 and abortion too....and tests samples are keeped one or two years so she can show prooves without problem she was pregnant.......

Kart
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I feel sorry for her.

Not least because her career was tainted forever before it ever really began.

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:38 PM
article equipe today on sesil!

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3162/equipesesilbynouf7do.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=equipesesilbynouf7do.jpg)

People call her "Kara"?

Mana
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I am so cooing over this! The poor lamb that Sesil Slagface is, suddenly got pregnant through no business of her own! She went to bed, woke up and oops, coo!, she was pregnant! How did that happen? An angel came out of the sky and whispered into the sleeping Sesil's ear, and then made her pregnant - without any of her knowledge! Of course! It's not her fault! Blame an angel! Poor innocent Sesil!

And then some go, coo! Get better Sesil, coo, coo, coo. Don't do it again! Then she goes, no I will not, I am now forgiven, I have learned, I was deceived by evil trainers and agents and angels. It will never happen again. So I am now allright, and I am back and good and glorious. And some coo and slobber, and say, of course you are. Welcome, our little victimised soul.

But some say, piss off you lying little slapper, and DON'T come back.

:worship:

Derek.
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Merci Nouf pour l'article. :)

harloo
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:27 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4605224.stm

Bulgarian teenager Sesil Karatantcheva plans to appeal against a two-year ban for using performance-enhancing drugs.
The verdict was announced on Wednesday after the 16-year-old twice tested positive for banned steroid nandrolone.

"I'm going to appeal against the decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport," she said.

Karatantcheva has claimed that the high levels of nandrolone in her system were due to a pregnancy, which later ended in miscarriage.

The ITF's independent Anti-Doping Tribunal rejected Karatatcheva's claims but the player's lawyer has high hopes that an appeal would be successful.

"We have very strong evidence, things which were not taken into account at the hearing of the tribunal," said Darina Zinovieva.

"We'll file an appeal as soon as possible, within the three-week deadline."

Karatantcheva promised to return to the sport even if she loses the appeal.

The Bulgarian, who was regarded as one of the sport's rising stars, first provided a positive test at the French Open, where she beat Venus Williams before falling in the fourth round.

The second came in an out-of-competition test two months later in July.

That's the right spirit Sesil.:D :bounce:

K-Dog
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM
For some reason, this pregnancy thing isn't working for me.

ToeTag
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:24 PM
For some reason, this pregnancy thing isn't working for me.
No, me either. I imagined those young girls as princesses in the tower. Daddy keeping any little peckers away for fear of losing his mealticket.

I don't think she was ever pregnant.

mimosa
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
What a pity!
Poor, little, girl with beautiful eyes.
I wish you all the best. I will wait for your comeback. :wavey:

Zauber
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM
the doping is a sad affair.
But there is something I relly like about her besides her great tennis game.
I was at a tournament in California last year. Sesil was playing.
She had a whole family clan there. They seemed to be hooting it up having a really good time partying high up in the small stand.
Her father was down below quietly coaching her.
After the loss she was quietly walking together with her father. It looked like a good player coach relationship.
I just wish she had not tested positive for doping.
Oh well.
I think I believe her she will be back with a bang even after two years.

manu32
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:38 PM
why this time beetween puerta and this girl????
puerta was a finalist and she was an anonymous player.....
ask ITF for this delay......

jbone_0307
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:41 PM
after I have my baby :tape:

TonyP
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM
"I'll be back." The words of another steroid user, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Junex
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I will be there as a tennis fan when you come back Sesil!!!!

@m@nd@
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:09 AM
good luck sesil.

Williams Rulez
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:28 AM
good luck... i really am doubtful u were pregnant...

Marcus1979
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:33 AM
she is still young I suppose :)

hwanmig
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:57 AM
i HOPE Sesil comes back more mature and with a better game. I want Sesil to smoke the clay season in 2008. Enjoy your time off Sesil.

Jackson.
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Sesil :o

10nisfanofruz
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Why she doesn't seem to be regret about it :confused:
If she does, they might reduce the punishment. :unsure:

vutt
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Why she doesn't seem to be regret about it :confused:

Well that's exactly what bothers me to. She should apologise in front of rest of the WTA girls. She tried to cheat after all. :rolleyes:

Andy.
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Bye Bye Bye:p

go hingis
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:11 PM
If she informed them she was pregnant and they checked, how is she going to prove them wrong, pay off some doctors.

If she's innocent than I feel really bad for her but if not then she deserves what she got, but coming back with the media of today isn't going to be a pretty sight.

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:28 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9757/sesilappel8gd.th.jpg (http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sesilappel8gd.jpg)

*JR*
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:36 PM
In 2 years.....
It should be RG '07, it seems? (2 years from when the penalty is retroactive to, and of course she forfeits her winnings and records from RG '05 if she loses the appeal).

Speaking of that, I predict a compromise where she's eligible to apply for reinstatement after 1 year from when the ban goes back to, and isn't required to admit to anything. But part of that would presumably involve random drug testing even during the suspension.