PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters MRI Scan Results!!!! [ Another article added ]

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Just copied it from another thread

Scans clear Clijsters of serious injury
Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:02 AM GMT
Printer Friendly | Email Article | RSS

SYDNEY, Jan 12 (Reuters) - Kim Clijsters has been cleared of serious injury after undergoing a scan on a hip problem that threatened her participation in next week's Australian Open.

The world number two said the scans revealed she had inflamed her left hip and would require further treatment before she could be certain of playing in the Open, starting in Melbourne on Monday.

"I had an MRI scan this morning and it's shown I have an inflammation of the hip joint and tendon," she said in a statement released by the Women's Tennis Association on Thursday.

"The good news is that there is no tear of the muscle.

"In the next couple of days I'm going to receive more treatment and do some stabilisation exercises. At that point I'll have a better idea of my condition."

Clijsters was seeded second for the Open on Thursday and is considered a favourite to triumph in Melbourne.

She suffered a scare on Wednesday, though, when she withdrew from the Sydney International after feeling a sharp pain during her warm-up.

Clijsters said she had minor back pain after flying in to Australia from Hong Kong where she played an exhibition tournament at the weekend and thought that might have been a contributing factor.

Sunny_Boy
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Great news! I hope she plays

rommel99
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:46 AM
i can breathe now.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:59 AM
That's good news :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Thats' really nice to hear! :yeah:

vertigo
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I'm still a little worried. Although at least it's not as bad as it could have been.

wateva
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM
PHEW! :bounce:

Williams Rulez
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:33 AM
yeah! get well soon kim! :)

tennisrox
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM
:woohoo: :bounce: :yeah:

leviathane
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:36 AM
PHEW! :bounce:
inlammation is better than a tear but it's not a good news few days before a slam.
She could be withdraw, depends of the evolution with treatment in the couple of days.
In theory best treatment is rest

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Great! :woohoo:

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:32 AM
she will rest completely the next few days..she has 2-3 days...i think shell be ok..
and this is GS..u only have 1 match in 2 days for the first week

natacha1
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
:bounce: :bounce:
Hope she is bether soon :)

Bart
phew. Let's hope she can play!

Andy.
I hope she can play i hate seeing players injured i really want the whole field there to play

Martian Stacey
Great news :D

malaye
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:40 AM
So panic is averted. It's still not good news, but it could have been much worse.
I hope she will recover in time for next week.

lucashg
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Yes, still not good news but much less worse than it could have been, and that's "good". Get well soon, Kim! It'd be really bad if she misses the Open, but I think she can do it! :)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:47 AM
lets hope she has a good rest and is ready to play.

jochem
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:03 AM
hope she will play... she's lucky its not a tear because that would've ment emediate withdrawl, this is still worrying though as she's still in doubt. Even if she has easy opening rounds she will not be able to play with it for a full two weeks so she might end up losing in QF with a serious injury... Hope she'll be fine...

LefandePatty
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM
great to read that :yeah: :banana: :D

Babolatpro880
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Good news! And if she really needs an extra day she could always request that her first round match be played on day 2. They do that for players don't they?

Prizeidiot
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Oh thank God.

It would be disastrous for the AO to lose her as a drawcard.

lauryn
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:59 AM
good news, still worried though...

Munchen
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Excellent :yeah:

Kimmie :kiss: :hug: :smooch:

xin_hui
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Good news! And if she really needs an extra day she could always request that her first round match be played on day 2. They do that for players don't they?

yup. she'd probably request for it, and will get it

Billabong
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM
YEAH I'm quite relieved:D I hope she'll be 100% healthy for the AO:) she still has a few days to recover:)

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
how far is it from sydney to melbourne?

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Copied from another thread too!(almost the same article)

Hip, hip hooray, says Clijsters
By Margie McDonald
January 13, 2006

KIM CLIJSTERS' chances of playing in the Australian Open improved dramatically yesterday, even if the pain in her left hip had not.

Clijsters injured the hip during her warm-up on Wednesday night for her quarter-final at the Sydney International against Italy's Francesa Schiavone.

The Belgian top seed for the tournament felt a "stabbing pain" in her hip during a serve and immediately called for assistance and withdrew from the tournament 15 minutes later.

Yesterday she had an MRI scan and the news was better than expected.

"It's shown I have an inflammation of the hip joint and tendon," Clijsters said in a statement.

"The good news is that there is no tear in the muscle. In the next couple of days I'm going to receive more treatment and do some stabilisation exercises.

"At that point I'll have a better idea of my condition."

The Women's Tennis Association said there would be no further statements or updates on Clijsters' condition until Sunday, the eve of the year's first Grand Slam.

WTA officials said Clijsters would remain in Sydney for at least 24 hours to continue her physiotherapy and other treatment. As the No.2 player in the world and the winner of nine titles last year, including her first Grand Slam, the US Open, Clijsters is one of the favourites for the Australian title.

Mercredi
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I wish Kim all the best.
Perhaps this is the wake-up call for her and she would ease a bit, on what she first scheduled for her first part of the season.

xin_hui
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:34 PM
erm, did u like, just copied the articles i posted on CCL?

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:36 PM
erm, did u like, just copied the articles i posted on CCL?

yup..i tot its better to update the GM too..if u dun like it..i can always delete it..

Cp6uja
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Kim will be number :yeah: after AO!

xin_hui
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:37 PM
yup..i tot its better to update the GM too..if u dun like it..i can always delete it..

never mind

Andy T
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:11 PM
With 3 days still left before the Open kicks off and maybe 4 if she doesn't have to play until Tuesday (or 5 if the organisers allow her to start a day late on Wednesday), plus an easy first round - if she's lucky - Kim should be ok. Fingers crossed for her because she deserves to have a crack at this title. I'd love her to win the Aussie before Lleyton too. Delicious revenge!!

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:19 PM
With 3 days still left before the Open kicks off and maybe 4 if she doesn't have to play until Tuesday (or 5 if the organisers allow her to start a day late on Wednesday), plus an easy first round - if she's lucky - Kim should be ok. Fingers crossed for her because she deserves to have a crack at this title. I'd love her to win the Aussie before Lleyton too. Delicious revenge!!

Good point..before lleyton...
as long as federer is alive...and if he keeps on drawing federer at GS...that will never happen..

WonderfulLee
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM
i can breathe now....good luck Kim!

hope will not affect u when play in Melbourne!

jacobruiz
Jan 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Thank goodness. Kim is certainly a top contender for this slam; hope her hip is completely healed for it.

Slumpsova
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:16 PM
yay go Kim :kiss: