PDA

View Full Version : OZ open qualies report

Sunny_Boy
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:17 AM
The first match DomenicDemaria (fellow poster) and I saw was Ashley Harkleroad and Aravane Rezai. Ashley was too consistent in every aspect of the match. Aravane’s serve let her down and so did her forehand. Her backhand is very good but Ash just played smart tennis.
The next match we saw was Uberoi and Nagyova. We started watching from 3 all in the 2nd. It was a great match with lots of winners and great rallies. Shikha had match points at 5-4 but failed to take them. She then received a code violation in that same game, I think for time wasting. Neha Uberoi was cheering very loud for her sister and Shaughnessy was also watching. When I asked for Shikha’s autograph after the match, she was very friendly and thanked me for watching the match. :)
Then we saw Su-Wei Hseish and Suchahan V (don’t know how to spell her name). Both don’t have great serves but their groundstokes were very solid, especially Su-Wei.
We also saw a set of Lepchenko and the girl she played (I’d never heard of her). It was a very good match. Both players hit the ball so hard and deep. It was great tennis to watch.
Finally we saw Tamarine and Abigail Spears. Tamarine was too consistent for Abigail. Abigail missed many shots that players of her standard shouldn’t miss.
Also saw Sofia Ardvisson walking around Melb Park

Vut
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks!!!

CooCooCachoo
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks ;)

I would have watched the first two matches too ;)

Aravane is so talented. Horrible score to lose with.

Shikha :inlove:

wolfgang
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:06 AM
For anyone interested, I just posted some pics in the Cara Black thread. :)

Sunny_Boy
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks ;)

I would have watched the first two matches too ;)

Aravane is so talented. Horrible score to lose with.

Shikha :inlove:

Yes Aravane is very talented and backhand is really good but Ash was just too consistent

aNYthing
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Just to note, Neha is Shikah's cousin, and not sister. ;)

Thanks for the report :D

Sabatinifan
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Neha is Shikha's sister not her cousin, they are the older two of four sisters.