PDA

View Full Version : One of Australian tennis players will participate Dancing With The Stars!

Mattographer
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Did you Aussie guys catch this promo recently and it says one of them is a tennis player! :eek: I wonder who that would be... They won't say who is it, though, but I suspect it's Alicia Molik because she attended the party after the final between Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou and news anchor Chris Bath in third series! Another good reason is she wants to keep her fit with dancing instead of play tennis ;)

Alicia Rocks
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:57 AM
omfg it bloddy better be lol
i hate the show but ill watch it if shes on it ;)

Erika_Angel
Jan 12th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Prays it is Nicole Pratt :lol: If it is someone is uploading the eps for us ;)

anthonyqld
Jan 12th, 2006, 04:18 AM
They didn't say current tennis player so it could be anyone who has ever played. Remember last year or the year before when Dawn Fraser was on the show in the adverts the claimed "An Australian swimmer" would be on the show. They were refering to her. But it will be a player who has already has a deal with Seven - Molik and Hewitt are the only 2 active players that do.

But Dancing With The Stars is a terrible show and is typical of the kind of crap that the networks here come up with when they don't copy overseas shows. But for some reason a US network has actually bought the rights to make their own version.

ceiling_fan
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Prays it is Nicole Pratt :lol: If it is someone is uploading the eps for us ;)

:lol:

anyway, can't it be a guY?

Sam L
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright?

JonBcn
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:47 AM
But Dancing With The Stars is a terrible show and is typical of the kind of crap that the networks here come up with when they don't copy overseas shows. But for some reason a US network has actually bought the rights to make their own version.

This is a copy of an overseas show. I think the BBC started it, and many European networks have their own versions too. Awful, I know, but at least you dont have to feel responsible.

Mattographer
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright?
You obviously don't watch the show, never mind.

anthonyqld
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:50 AM
This is a copy of an overseas show. I think the BBC started it, and many European networks have their own versions too. Awful, I know, but at least you dont have to feel responsible.

Okay that's good. It was reported here when the show started several years ago that it was a World first.

xin_hui
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:51 AM
that's a crap show:o

as for the player: lleyton hewitt :rolleyes:

Mattographer
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:56 AM
To me, it's not a crap show except the host Daryl Somers! :lol: It consistent got over million viewers and one of top ratings in Australia :lol:

Channel 7 going to beat Nine this year for sure along with Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Lost returns with brand new series Prison Break and Commander in Chief in February. :yeah:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:03 AM
i think it could be molik i hope it is

Hayato
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:25 AM
omg it would be so funny if it was Nicole! :haha: nah it can't be her, she's busy on the tour winning matches and playing like a top 50 player.

anthonyqld
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:41 AM
To me, it's not a crap show except the host Daryl Somers! :lol: It consistent got over million viewers and one of top ratings in Australia :lol:

Channel 7 going to beat Nine this year for sure along with Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Lost returns with brand new series Prison Break and Commander in Chief in February. :yeah:

It's a popular show, but IMO a crap show. However it's better than all the other celebrity reality shows, like Celebrity Circus, Stars On Ice(or whatever the celebrity ice-skating one is called), etc.

It'll be close, and Seven will be disadvantaged that the Aussie Open is during a non-ratings period. Nine will win due to the NRL in QLD & NSW. But take out sport and Seven will win.

One other problem for 7 is the number of people who download shows. The season finale of Season 1 of Lost, was one of the lowest rating episodes of the season for 7. People were sick of 7(and 9 and 10 do it too) showing 3 new episodes, replacing them with repeats for 1-2 weeks, showing another couple of episodes, then showing more repeats or even another show. Instead of showing the series in order they try and stretch it out - they do it in the US, but in the US the viewers can't get the episodes from anywhere else like the can here.

So Disrespectful
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:30 AM
I bet it's Patt Cash :lol:

Martian Stacey
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I hate this show, so i won't be watching, regardless of who it is...

I'm guessing it will be Alicia, but i don't know... they just said "tennis professional"... does that mean a current player, or could it be someone who is retired? Like Pat Rafter or something? Or it could be one of the commentators, like John Alexander... :rolleyes:

roflmao if its Nicole :p Llyeton Hewitt would be funny too :lol:

go hingis
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I'm sure dancing with the stars started in Australia the U.S and U.K (not sure if any other countries) have brought the rights and have their own.

switz
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
terrible terrible show. I really hope it is not Alicia because that would be quite sad for her considering she should be putting every ounce of her strength into getting back onto the tennis court.

I seriously doubt Pat Rafter would do it.

Maybe it's Todd Woodbridge - he just started commentating for Seven.

switz
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM
I'm sure dancing with the stars started in Australia the U.S and U.K (not sure if any other countries) have brought the rights and have their own.

no it didn't - it started in Britain.

Munchen
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:55 AM
:wavey: Pat Rafter / Todd Woodbridge or Alicia Molik :yeah:

:unsure: I would think these three would bring in good T.V ratings. :scratch:

Im enjoying watching the US. series of Dancing With The Stars. :hearts:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I would like it to be Alicia :inlove:

If they had Dawn Fraser, then id have to say it will be Ken Roswell... :haha:

So Disrespectful
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:18 AM
And anyone who thinks that it is Lleyton is being delusional.

Lleyton will withdraw from every tournament so he can master the art of ballroom dancing :woohoo:

Purple_Llama
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Ah yeah-I bet it is Alicia!
If not-let's hope it's not Pat Cash :|

RayRob
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Okay that's good. It was reported here when the show started several years ago that it was a World first.

Not that I want to be fighting over this show ;) :lol: but this show began in the UK even before my time, I'm 24. That many years ago it was called, "Come Dancing" (I don't think celebrities were involved, maybe they were but I'm not sure). About 3 or 4 years ago, the BBC bought it back and renamed it, "Strictly Come Dancing" where celebrities pair-up with a professional ballroom dancer.

If it was Alicia in the Aussie version, I think I would go in search of some episodes to download. :D Could be fun to watch.

I did follow a series once in the UK because one of my favorite sports personalities (Denise Lewis) was competing. She lost in the final to some soap star I can't stand! :rolleyes: That's my shameful secret...

-Rache

anthonyqld
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Not that I want to be fighting over this show ;) :lol: but this show began in the UK even before my time, I'm 24. That many years ago it was called, "Come Dancing" (I don't think celebrities were involved, maybe they were but I'm not sure). About 3 or 4 years ago, the BBC bought it back and renamed it, "Strictly Come Dancing" where celebrities pair-up with a professional ballroom dancer.

I don't care about the show either, but they might have just meant that the Australian one was the first show in the world with that name - the US version has the same name and follows the same exact format - End of each episode the judges give their scores, then people at home SMS vote for their favourite. Home viewer and judges both count for 50/50 and lowest score gets booted off.

There have been several other ballroom dancing shows in Australia in the past, just not like this one.

ClaudiaZ-S
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Alicia :eek: Lleyton :eek:

I bet : Pat Cash

Nicole :woohoo: She can't beat a top 500 player but she can dance !!! Com'on Nicole ! :lol: We want the Macarena dance :eek: :dance:

ClaudiaZ-S
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:55 PM

If it was Alicia in the Aussie version, I think I would go in search of some episodes to download. :D Could be fun to watch.

I did follow a series once in the UK because one of my favorite sports personalities (Denise Lewis) was competing. She lost in the final to some soap star I can't stand! :rolleyes: That's my shameful secret...

-Rache

I love the dancer :inlove: with the 'eastenders' actress :eek: Jill Halfpenny :devil:

eck
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Alicia said on Talking Tennis she's learning to dance.
So, I guess it means she is participating.

LTT
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Alicia :inlove:

Brett.
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:30 AM
I would like it to be Alicia :inlove:

If they had Dawn Fraser, then id have to say it will be Ken Roswell... :haha:

Dawn Fraser wasn't a tennis player LOL

I'm not sure about Alicia because she having problems with her eyes vision - if she does - she would collapsed while dancing and give her a bad results lol

I would give Margaret Court a go - she's a great champion!!

Alicia Rocks
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:31 AM
yep its alicia

FaceyFacem
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:35 AM
it's hewitt as far as i know

bec was on it previously and convinced him to do it, i'm a huge hewitt fan and i've heard this previously (including reading the article on MTF)

Alicia Rocks
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:38 AM
nah it is alicia
she said before thats shes training for it

eck
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:01 AM
If there's another tennis person in DWTS, it'd be John Alexander I think
The host confirmed Alicia, but he said JA too, I think

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Dawn Fraser wasn't a tennis player LOL

I'm not sure about Alicia because she having problems with her eyes vision - if she does - she would collapsed while dancing and give her a bad results lol

I would give Margaret Court a go - she's a great champion!!

:lol: DER we know Dawn is a Swimmer :p ..... Have you Ken Rosewell lately?? :drink: :haha:

They have mentioned Alicia Molik, John Alexander and dancing 2-3 times now in the same sentence. ;)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:35 AM
its Alicia Molik confirmed and they were hinting that John Alexander might be also