PDA

View Full Version : (5)J.Henin-Hardenne BEL hammers (6)S.Kuznetsova RUS 6-3, 6-1

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:42 AM
sigh.....Justine....bring back the glory days girl! bring it home tomorrow in the final and good luck :D :D :D ALLEZ!!! or should I say Oi Oi Oi! ;-)

pretty decent 1st service % (especially in that 1st set) and kept the double faults down. this is a form that can win a second Australian Open if she keeps it up.

Knizzle
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Sveta sucks.

SzavayFi
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Justine played a nice match but Sveta :help: She looked near death during the match. But when she finally won a game in the 2nd she smiled and she made me laugh :p

goldenboi356
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:44 AM
wow u r quick. JUstine!!!!

-VSR-
:yeah: Justine!!!

I am so glad she is looking back to form. I love it when the tour is all healthy, now we just need to hope for the other players! :bounce:

Berlin_Calling
wow nice win Juju. this title is yours!

Vaidisova
Looks like Justine played really well. Congrats to her making the final :)

hablo
:mad:
sveta :smash:

SelesFan70
Svetlana was totally flat! Her serve really let her down, too! But Justine was also just too good! :bowdown:

Billabong
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Seems like Hingis was her toughest opponent so far;)! Martina:worship:!

Allez-H
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Justine :worship: Keep up the good work :bounce:

lucashg
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:46 AM
:woohoo:
Well done, Justine! That's a very good score, keep it up for the final and bring home the title! Allez! :)

--Zazou--
Justine! :yeah:

Junex
Nothing but all Happiness for me!!!

eck
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Congrats to JuJu

loppy
sigh.....Justine....bring back the glory days girl! bring it home tomorrow in the final and good luck :D :D :D ALLEZ!!! or should I say Oi Oi Oi! ;-)

pretty decent 1st service % (especially in that 1st set) and kept the double faults down. this is a form that can win a second Australian Open if she keeps it up.

My exact sentiment too. The Justine of 2003 is back! Well done :bounce: :bounce:

RenaSlam.
Congrats, Justine. You show hard work does pay off...

SERENA ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:48 AM

yes isn't that ironic? that's a good sign for Hingis. I love my girls JuJu et Martina!!! double trouble! :)

hablo
That's one way to look at it :lol:
(I can't wait to watch that match!!!! :bounce: )
congrats to Juju, by the way...
it's nice that's she back and I can cheer against so fiercely :devil:
(it's no fun when these players are injured :angel: )

Mightymirza
yeah juju really impressive keep it up and AO is yours...

lucashg
:yeah: Justine!!!

I am so glad she is looking back to form. I love it when the tour is all healthy, now we just need to hope for the other players! :bounce:

Yes, it's so exciting when everyone is around and playing well. Now let's hope Clijsters and Petrova make the Open and Serena, Venus and Maria are all better and Lindsay, Mary and Amelie fit and in form. And Hingis! And the other russians! And the young guns! :p

Simplicity
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:49 AM
:bigclap:

Junex
yes isn't that ironic? that's a good sign for Hingis. I love my girls JuJu et Martina!!! double trouble! :)

I can only dreamed of a Justine vs. Martina AO final!!!

well Justine would win of course....

natacha1
wow, justine is back !!!

Ryan

ROTF, didn't even think about that. Marti :worship: ;)

Allez-H
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I'm just sooooooooo happy that she's fully healthy again :) *crosses fingers that it'll stay that way*

Dexter
Looks like a great match from Justine - only one DF, 4 aces, many many winners - and she was only twice bps down (3rd game of 2nd set - but she held this game at the end). Swieta won only 12pts on Justine's serve...
Can't wait till ES shows it later

Keep it up Justine! Win this title :bounce:

Allez :rocker2:

Simplicity
yeah juju really impressive keep it up and AO is yours...
Let's not get carried away now :lol: :ras:

Kworb
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Wow Justine!! Please stay healthy!

Mightymirza
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Let's not get carried away now :lol: :ras:
LOL wats harm..

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I can only dreamed of a Justine vs. Martina AO final!!!

well Justine would win of course....

lol its tough when Martina came back.....i fell in love with Juju when Marti left in 2002....it's like having two wives....i had a seizure while they were playing in Sydney. Give Hingis till next year to really challenge these top girls. Give her time. As for Justine....allez! ;-)

MissJessou
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Justine! :worship:

moby
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Seems like Hingis was her toughest opponent so far;)! Martina:worship:!Exactly. :yeah:

Ju appears to be in great form. Keep it up!

komorli
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:56 AM
wow....

partbrit
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Sounds like Justine may be getting her serve back. If she is, then she is in good shape to win the AO. When she's serving well (as in 2003), I think she's the best the tour has.

shava
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:00 AM
:bounce:

RJWCapriati
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
so dominant again :devil:

Cp6uja
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
I dont expect surprise tonight - when JuJu is without injury problems she is nearly unstoppable.

Sveta is back decidedly and thats is good for tennis.

Sveta's 6:1 crush in 2nd set after lose 1st, tell me that Ana Ivanovic not only lose 3 set points when lead yestarday vs. Sveta 6*:5 40:00 - she lose obviously 3MP in thats moment... but this is sport and i hope she will have better luck at AO.

marmite1
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Poor Sveta :sad:

JustineTime
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Justine was on FIRE! :eek:

70% 1st serves in the first set! :eek:

At one point she hit a backhand winner off a Sveta overhead. FEE-NO-MEE-NULL! :yeah:

I haven't seen her play this well since she was numero uno.

It's SO good to have her back! *SIGH!* :)

:hearts:

Mightymirza
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:06 AM
I dont expect surprise tonight - when JuJu is without injury problems she is nearly unstoppable.

Sveta is back decidedly and thats is good for tennis.

Sveta's 6:1 crush in 2nd set after lose 1st, tell me that Ana Ivanovic not only lose 3 set points when lead yestarday vs. Sveta 6*:5 40:00 - she lose obviously 3MP in thats moment... but this is sport and i hope she will have better luck at AO.
Doesnt make sense :tape: :tape: ..Of course anything cud hav happened..Justine was just too good today..Just coz sveta lost 2nd set easily doesnt mean shes always gonna lose 2nd set easily..

TF Chipmunk
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:06 AM
:eek::eek::worship::bowdown::hearts:

Marshmallow
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Wow - i dosed off for 2 seconds and the match is over. lol

Shame i have to wait till 2moro to see this match. Justine seems to be in amazing form - i'm happy. She's looking good for Australia. The only women that can beat her - have question marks hanging over them.

As for Svetlana - well, i'll have to see how she played. The score line doesn't seem like something an inform Svetlana should be producing, even to Justine. Hope she can get some rest, and show us again what she's made of at the AO.

Best of luck to them both.

shnit.
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Jujujujujujujujujuju. :yeah:

Mightymirza
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Wow - i dosed off for 2 seconds and the match is over. lol

Shame i have to wait till 2moro to see this match. Justine seems to be in amazing form - i'm happy. She's looking good for Australia. The only women that can beat her - have question marks hanging over them.

As for Svetlana - well, i'll have to see how she played. The score line doesn't seem like something an inform Svetlana should be producing, even to Justine. Hope she can get some rest, and show us again what she's made of at the AO.

Best of luck to them both.
Well it was similar thing what juju did to sahrapova on clay..Taking kick second serve really early..Too much pressure on 1st serve..Precise backhands..Good serving..But sure sveta cud hav done better esp with the serves and forehand..

Cp6uja
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Doesnt make sense :tape: :tape: ..Of course anything cud hav happened..Justine was just too good today..Just coz sveta lost 2nd set easily doesnt mean shes always gonna lose 2nd set easily..

No, some players have bigger problem to back in match when lose 1st set than others - Sveta is one of such players in past and today she dont shew nothing new about that her problem.

ezekiel
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:15 AM
this sounds very good to me

tennisrox
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Sveta :smash: :sad:

But Justine :eek: :yeah:
Carry this form over to the AO please.

cometz9
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Justine :scared: someone is making another comeback from injuries. I hope Nicole wins tonight, their match in Toronto was fun to watch.

Meesh
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:25 AM
:eek: Surprising scoreline... Congrats Justine...

azinna
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Woah.

Munchen
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Justine :D She did play an awesome match. :worship: She was really attacking very well. :hearts:

Sveta :hug: Bad luck. :sad:

Dawn Marie
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:42 AM
I saw the match and Svetlana played great that first set she played some amazing groundies but Justine raised her level of play. Sveta then just kind of left the match in the second set. It was alot closer then it looke BUT Justine played everyball like she was on fire. Justine had one of them days where the ball goes where you want it to. Her serve was cracking and her return game was on fire. In short this was actually one of the best matches Ive seen her play. I mean EVERYTHING she owned in her arsenal was ON POINT. If this form keeps up she'll win the AO imho unless Venus is in the final with her. Venus has a knack for breakin down Juju's backhand.

Anyway.. sorry I got off track. Justine was dominant but Sveta didn't play too badly at all.

Rub
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:49 AM
great... and because kim is injured... my focus is on justine! win the AO juju!

Alfie
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:52 AM
I saw the match too.
Justine was on fire especially in the first set. Her first serve percentage was impressive in the first set and that helped her hold serve easily in a few games. First set was close even though I always had the feeling that Justine was dominant (she does such a great job at putting her opponents on the defensive, teeing off on Sveta's first and second serves).
Svetlana competed really well in the first set--It was obvious that Justine was on top of her game (serve, backhand and forehand were lasers), and Sveta did a good job staying in the first set despite her horrible serving.
In the second set the level of play dipped a bit from both players.
I must say Justine looked amazing--both her form on the court and her body. Incredibly cut and looking healthy. It's good to see she's recovered from her injuries.

Mark for Martina
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Hehehe.. Martina got a better score... =)

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:56 AM
i'm over it, sveta will bounce back. jhh needs to play the top 10 and see where she's really at. i don't think she's a threat at all next week.

JustineTime
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Hehehe.. Martina got a better score... =)

Yeeaahh....good luck with that! :yeah: :)

Meelis
Jan 12th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Justine :yeah: :bounce:

Sam L
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:37 AM
This was very predictable from watching Justine practice yesterday and watching Sveta play her match.

cheo23
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM
i don't think she's a threat at all next week.
:rolleyes: Please....Queen Justine is always a THREAT When she's Healthy!!!!!!
Congratulations Queen Justine!!!!!!!! :bounce: :woohoo:
Please Win this tournament!!!!! :worship:

U're SERVE IS ON FIRE, & that BAckhand :worship: :bowdown:

Need more matches under your belt!!! ;)

Lady
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM
OMG!! Easy score again! :banana:

It's been such a long time since we got them! :)

and Ju is in the final, win the title, please, cause we're waiting for a long time now. :)

silverwhite
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Sveta :sad:

Chance
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:59 AM
I can't believe people on the other side of the world have this match and I haven't - I hate my coverage. I actually thought it would be a closer match. Great stuff, Justine!!! Now get the title!!!

katrientje
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Excellent way to start my morning, hearing this news
well done Justine!:bounce:

malaye
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:23 AM
:D Life is good.

MH_3571
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Justine :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

arn
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Well done Justine, seems like it was a great match with an easy scoreline :)

flyingmachine
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Justine. :worship:
Sveta. :hug:
Justine for the title. :rocker2:

Dementinator
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Well done Justine...Great job!

tennisjam
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:31 AM

definitely, and I think Schiavone won't do any better tomorrow...

Sveta...:o

schris
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I`m very happy for Justine :)

Bart
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Justine :worship:

Fat Frog
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Sveta sucks.

Ah now thats unfair..she did look to be suffering from whatever injury had her both legs strapped up in the doubles yday..no surprise to me that she lost but i reckon you can count on her being back from it.

DragonFlame
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:40 AM
yesssssss go justine!!! you're the best win it!!! :bounce: :worship:

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Yes, it's so exciting when everyone is around and playing well. Now let's hope Clijsters and Petrova make the Open and Serena, Venus and Maria are all better and Lindsay, Mary and Amelie fit and in form. And Hingis! And the other russians! And the young guns! :p

I would definetly love that! No more drama with injuries, doping-scandals, personal matters, illnesses...just some nice tennis with the top-players in top shape.

Justine...ahhhh :worship:

manu
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I KNEW Justine would come up with this sort of form sooner or later :) I KNEW she wanted to get that bad 2005-second-half-of-season off her mind, and I'm sure seeing other top players, especially Kim, do so well last year, has been an extra motivation to her. Justine is definitely one of the 3 favourites for the Australian Open along with Kim and Lindsay IMO... Though that's still a little early: we'll have to wait for the final to really be able to make a reasonable judgement, but I've been having this feeling about Justine since her first match in Sydney against Hingis :) Go Justine! :yeah: Good luck in the final! ;)

Tennisaddict
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Svetlana :fiery:

Congrats to Justine for a convincing win.

Prizeidiot
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Justine has been simply awesome all week, that's all I have to say. She has dominated from the baseline, without looking like missing a ball, and has served big whenever challenged.

Svetlana, Vera and Martina have not played bad tennis this week.

I pity anyone who crosses Justine's path at the AO if she continues in this form. She would have to be the favourite for Melbourne at this moment in time.

Allez-H
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:52 AM
i'm over it, sveta will bounce back. jhh needs to play the top 10 and see where she's really at. i don't think she's a threat at all next week.

:retard:

faste5683
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=JustineTime]

At one point she hit a backhand winner off a Sveta overhead. FEE-NO-MEE-NULL! :yeah:

:eek:

Trying to picture that shot...:haha:

Great job, JuJu!!

:wavey:

Bounty Hunter
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:26 AM
grrrrrr Svetlana!! :fiery: Come on Svetlana, make this year count...

Better luck next time.....

faste5683
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=SAEKeithSerena]i'm over it, sveta will bounce back. jhh needs to play the top 10 and see where she's really at. i don't think she's a threat at all next week.[/QUOTE

:tape:

sapir1434
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:41 AM
:crying2:

Elldee
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Justine's looking good for a second Aussie Open. REALLY impressive.

foreva lindsay
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:46 PM
:eek: Well Done JuJu

spudrsca
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I saw the match too.
Justine was on fire especially in the first set. Her first serve percentage was impressive in the first set and that helped her hold serve easily in a few games. First set was close even though I always had the feeling that Justine was dominant (she does such a great job at putting her opponents on the defensive, teeing off on Sveta's first and second serves).
Svetlana competed really well in the first set--It was obvious that Justine was on top of her game (serve, backhand and forehand were lasers), and Sveta did a good job staying in the first set despite her horrible serving.
In the second set the level of play dipped a bit from both players.
I must say Justine looked amazing--both her form on the court and her body. Incredibly cut and looking healthy. It's good to see she's recovered from her injuries.

I've just seen the match and I find Justine more impressive in the second than the first set, her groundsrokes were deeper in the second and it was really a backhand show in the second with winners all over the place.

R. Federer
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Wow

Juju's form is IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Also impressive is that Marti, after 3 years out, took more games off Juju, than sveta!

SelesFan70
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:18 PM
By the way, she's now 8-1 against Svetlana :)

Marshmallow
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I just have to add, that now after watching the match - Svetlana was not at her best, and justine was on fire.

Svetlana's forhand was not on, she wasn't playing as aggressive as she did when she won the USO. I think that is just from a lack of confidence (considering the appauling year she had in 2005). Just remember Svetlana can play much better than she did. When she did play more agressive, the points were closer, and she overpowered Justine.

But congrats to Justine, her backhand was unbelievable.

In 2004 (post USO) when Svetlana was on fire, the only player that stopped her run was Serena... and she wasn't even 100%. Interesting no?

Elldee
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Wow

Juju's form is IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Also impressive is that Marti, after 3 years out, took more games off Juju, than sveta!

Against Svetlana it was a semi, against Martina it was the first match of the year for Justine and the second round... it's not that directly comparable, IMO.

R. Federer
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Against Svetlana it was a semi, against Martina it was the first match of the year for Justine and the second round... it's not that directly comparable, IMO.
But it wasn't Sveta's first match of the year right?
She has had several matches and won them, and showed good form in beating the previous opponents
I think most people (certainly me) believed that Sveta would have a closer match with Juju than Marti did. I was quite surprised to see the opposite

Dexter
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Impressive scoreline... BH awesome :drool: :worship: Almost no trouble on her serves :eek: - if we count out 3rd game of the 2nd set, when Swieta had 2BPs, but Justine took this game.

Keep it up Justine and win the title tomorrow :bounce:

jacobruiz
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Last year when Svetlana was on fire, the only player that stopped her run was Serena... and she wasn't even 100%. Interesting no?

Sveta was playing pretty well when Maria beat her at the AO last year.;)

Justine is major contender next 2 weeks, imo.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM
That was quite frightening from Justine, especially towards the end of the first. :scared:

She's still a bitch on court though.

Alfie
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I've just seen the match and I find Justine more impressive in the second than the first set, her groundsrokes were deeper in the second and it was really a backhand show in the second with winners all over the place.

I see what you're saying, but i was more impressed with the first set because even though Sveta was playing better in the first set, Justine managed to outplay her. The first set seemed really close and despite Sveta fighting off break points to hold, Justine prevailed. In the second set, Justine's groundies were on which helped her immensely because her 1st serve percentage really dropped.

R. Federer
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM

You mean that in a good way, no?... not like sh'e cheating or anything
She is ruthless, goes for the points, but plays fairly

I love Juju and Serena. BUt I don't love them more than Marti
Still, realistically I have to hope that either JJH or SW win the AO. But if miracles are allowed, the HOPP MARTI!

LoveFifteen
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:23 PM

Amen! That was my thought! I was like, Sveta does realize that Martina put up a better fight than she did, right?

faste5683
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
That was quite frightening from Justine, especially towards the end of the first. :scared:

:haha:

:kiss:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:56 PM
at least sveta made the semis, a good week

Marshmallow
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Sveta was playing pretty well when Maria beat her at the AO last year.;)

Justine is major contender next 2 weeks, imo.

That was a typo, i meant in 2004 post USO. She wasn't on fire at the AO 2005 - just physically hot, and not concentrated. Post USO she spanked Maria 6-2, 6-2 in Bali 2004. She lost only 2 Serena at the China open 2004, having had a match point to win in str8 sets.

Svetlana > Maria IMO. Though i'm sure i could get away with calling that a FACT!!!