PDA

View Full Version : When the AO rolls around, who will do the following?

-VSR-
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:33 AM
When it comes time for the Australian Open and it is into the second week. Imagine your favorite in one of the biggest matches of the tournament. This could bring them to the big stage, win it, and break their hearts. The match is being played, but you have to go to work/school/ect. Would you call in sick for work/school/ect? :lol:

So the question is, if your favorite is playing one of the biggest matches of the tournament (may not even be the final) would you stay home to watch it, disregarding whatever you have that day?

I am in school. But if Venus and/or Serena have a really big must see match, I am not going to school that day! What about you guys? ;) :lol:

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I would try to miss school if one of my favorites was in a big match, all though I don't know if I would be able to

Mana
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Last year when Nadia played the US Open Q/F against Maria, I skiped my English exam and did not get a resit. When Nadia was 0-4 down in the first set, I was thinking...omg...wtf am I doing? But Then Nadia started playing well and it turned out to be one hell of a match! Worth missing my English exam any day of the week.

Ryan
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:07 AM
When it comes time for the Australian Open and it is into the second week. Imagine your favorite in one of the biggest matches of the tournament. This could bring them to the big stage, win it, and break their hearts. The match is being played, but you have to go to work/school/ect. Would you call in sick for work/school/ect? :lol:

So the question is, if your favorite is playing one of the biggest matches of the tournament (may not even be the final) would you stay home to watch it, disregarding whatever you have that day?

I am in school. But if Venus and/or Serena have a really big must see match, I am not going to school that day! What about you guys? ;) :lol:

If Hingis made it to the Quarters/Semis of the tournament, I would watch the match in the middle of the night live and not go to school the next day! :lol:

strawberry.babou
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I've skipped my drawing class to watch to the Men's RG SF.

And during the olympics, I didn't go to my english class for the two whole weeks.

martirogi
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:12 AM
i wouldnt miss a test, but i would skip a regular class.

i hope i get to do that in two weeks myskina :fiery:

martirogi
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:14 AM
If Hingis made it to the Quarters/Semis of the tournament, I would watch the match in the middle of the night live and not go to school the next day! :lol:

ill prob stay up and still go to school. :tape: four or five hrs sleep everynight next week.

Dexter
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:16 AM
I have exams exactly about AO time - It sux :(

SzavayFi
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Well I am in the USA so coverage doesnt start till like 8 at night. But it Dani makes quarters or something of that sort, I am blowing off whatever I have going on at that time :p