PDA

View Full Version : Has the AO winning podium been pathed out for Davenport?

<!Society!>
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
So Venus has been injured and could still pull out, Kim could yet be out, Serena perhaps, and according to BBC news petrova is out...

Has the path basically been paved for Davenport? #1 seed and probably wont be troubled until at least the quarters / Semis, and thats providing all the other players advance...If her main competition Clijsters, Venus and maybe serena definately dont participate....will this finally end the 6 year grand slam gap for davenport?

TomTennis
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM
who says Venus is out. Venus will play.

and just because Kim pulled out of Sydney was only to be caustios going into the AO. Unsure about Serena, so you are right there, but Petrova (Davenport qould squash her like a bug anyway!).

:wavey:

santhuruu
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
For the so maniest time, Venus has healed from injury, so she isn't out! Gosh how long have I to say this again:P

treufreund
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
don't forget Pierce, Sharapova, Justine, Amelie and Dementieva (all of whom have beaten Davenport)

pierce0415
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Venus is out? That is the first time I heard that
Petrova? She is not even a contender

Volcana
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM
So Venus is outPlease provide a source

fammmmedspin
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
don't forget Pierce, Sharapova, Justine, Amelie and Dementieva (all of whom have beaten Davenport)

as have Myskina (form totally unknown) Kuznetsova (playing better) and Schnyder.

<!Society!>
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:59 PM
thats my bad sorry Venus hasnt pulled out, the article i saw was regarding Venuss sore pelvis from Hong Kong - its not official but it aint official that shes recovered yet either.
Sorry guys :)

venus_rulez
Jan 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
thats my bad sorry Venus hasnt pulled out, the article i saw was regarding Venuss sore pelvis from Hong Kong - its not official but it aint official that shes recovered yet either.
Sorry guys :)

i was on the floor clutching my chest, slowly and desperately trying to make my way to the phone, when I saw this post. You alomst killed me!!! :fiery: but I forgive you :wavey:

RenaSlam.
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:48 PM
It usually is she just can't take it. She regularly makes finals but usually falters at the last step.

pcrtennis
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:50 PM
She wont make finals this year...

tobi
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I would love to see her as a champion but I wont say anything until I can see trophy on her hands :hearts:

_LuCaS_
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:54 PM
as have Myskina (form totally unknown)
I'm counting on the hot weather mostly

!<blocparty>!
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:04 PM
but it aint official that shes recovered yet either.

Hehe.

Lindsay won't win the Ausralian open.

shap_half
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Lindsay has had the path to a GS so many times. It's time she just believes in her tennis skills.

<!Society!>
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
got a feeling she is gonna do this, then again i had the same feelin last year and wimbledon, fingers crossed all the way.

Pheobo
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Who knows how she'll do with this new coach...

I'd love to see her win, and I think she can.

Elldee
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Kim is her biggest foe and if Justine and Venus were in the opposite half I'd be confident she could well win. Fingers crossed.

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I wasnt aware Petrova was out, but Lindsay definetely has a great chance! so Kim's withdrawal was just precautionary?

frenchie
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:04 PM
I think the AO is more open than people tend to think.
A lot of players can do damages

foreva lindsay
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I would love to see her as a champion but I wont say anything until I can see trophy on her hands :hearts:

ditto, i hope she does it!!!

Lindsayfan32
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Kim's injury sounds quite serious. Also hate to make a point of besides the Wimbledon final when was the last time Venus was a threat to Lindsay. Let's wait for the draw to come out and see who lands where before having this debate but it would be nice to see Lindsay break her slam drought in Australia and if she retires at Indian wells so be it but I will miss her if she does.

RJWCapriati
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:15 PM
for me its between Davenport & Pierce :)

Corswandt
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I think the AO is more open than people tend to think.
A lot of players can do damages

Maybe. But one of the things that I find most surprising about tennis is how rarely dark horses and outsiders actually *win* Grand Slams.

mike/topgun
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:32 PM
There are soooo many true contenders!
About 6-8 players are able to win this event with a good draw a bit of luck and a good preparation...The main favorites are:
1.Kim <if she recovers & plays 100% fit>
2.Lindsay <lets see what she can do along with new coach>
3.Justine <seems to be well prepared>
4.Mary <big"???" over her form>
5.Maria <fortunately she's there to play>
6.Venus <an injury sustained in HK...def. not 100%)
(7).Serena <maybe not looking good, but still a great competitor>
(8).the Russians, Mauresmo and so on... :lol:
However, if the DrAw will be made in Lindsays' favoure at the start she's a big chance no question bout it. :angel:

junlee_vee
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Kim's injury sounds quite serious. Also hate to make a point of besides the Wimbledon final when was the last time Venus was a threat to Lindsay. Let's wait for the draw to come out and see who lands where before having this debate but it would be nice to see Lindsay break her slam drought in Australia and if she retires at Indian wells so be it but I will miss her if she does.

Uh, Venus has been a threat since always....Venus can beat her on any given day if she is playing her best.