PDA

View Full Version : FOR Martina Hingis Fans!

sioul
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
well i have to admit regardless of what people were saying, when i saw that our martina had lost 3 and 3 to Justine henine Hardine i was a little nervous.

however, after having finally downloaded and watching a good portion of the first set and having seen for myself what level hingis is at, i am now really not to worried.

Martina IS playing or trying to play some fearless tennis. for those who thought that she could have gone for more in the final shot, perhaps, but you have to look at how she was getting to alot of those final shots. she is not sitting back and hitting mid balls. she's dictating whenever she can and its natural for her to miss (which accounts for the scary amounts of UE compared to her winners - out of sorts for martina) considering its like her 5th match back??

She's coming to net alot more. and if you wathced carefully, martina has flattened out her first serve but didnt yet have the guts to use it every service games. when she did use that flatter serve she actually held some games at love or 15.

i've been a hingis fanatic since 1997 maybe even 96 and i know her game pretty well, so i really think this was a positive match for martina. she's definetly added some muscle to her game, but more importantly its her mind frame. there was not that much of the hit every shot down the middle crap, granted she did do that a few times when she got nervous, but for the most part, i saw alot of glimpses of the martina we all know and love from 2000 or mid 2001.

if this is her form just after coming back and playing one of the greatest players we have seen (Justine, lets face it people thats not an easy task, not for anyone, serena, lindsay, venus, all the top players) then im ecstatic, martina will only get better.

i think the scoreline was really deceaving, it could have easily been 6-4 7-5 .
it was really a few key points that justine won.

so rest assured hingis fans, martina has a bright bright future i think. she's just still trying things out on court. but her game is still beautiful and much improved.

PS : make no mistake, martina also did not play a rusty henin... justine came out and played a really great match. justine's stats alone tell the story of wut level she was playing at.

*Jool*
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Thx :yeah:

TonyP
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the encouragin report. I too am not that worried, not yet. I thought the scoreline was acceptible, especially in light of the fact that Justine was really ready for this match. They had been practicing together at Saddlebrooke and at Sydney, I guess, and Justine was very aware of all the Hingis hype, so she really wanted this win.

Justine was the one with everything to lose, not Martina, and she played well and deserves the victory.

But Hingis is only just beginning. More than anything, this girl is no fool and will not fool herself. She has been there, she knows what it takes and if she is committed, then she will eventually deliver.

I think Justine and every other player has someone else now to worry about

LoveFifteen
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you!

LeRoy.
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah , it was a decent showing by Martina and it was the first time she played a top 10 player in her comeback but what bothered me most was her serve. It was a huge liability when she left and it still is. I wasn't expecting a total revamp but like the commentators were saying she could improve her serve by increasing the racquet head speed when striking the ball on the serve. Again like they said , practicing serve wasn't going to be stimulating enough for Martina and that she hasn't done much of it was apparently clear. :)

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Her serve is much much better and losing to Justine is never something to worry about;)

However - as a fan of both players - further meetings in later stages of tourneys please!

Martian KC
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Very nice to hear Martina is attacking again.:eek:

Can't wait to watch this. If only this damn d/l didn't take so long!

Seed people!:mad:

Helen Lawson
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM
well i have to admit regardless of what people were saying, when i saw that our martina had lost 3 and 3 to Justine henine Hardine i was a little nervous.

however, after having finally downloaded and watching a good portion of the first set and having seen for myself what level hingis is at, i am now really not to worried.

Martina IS playing or trying to play some fearless tennis. for those who thought that she could have gone for more in the final shot, perhaps, but you have to look at how she was getting to alot of those final shots. she is not sitting back and hitting mid balls. she's dictating whenever she can and its natural for her to miss (which accounts for the scary amounts of UE compared to her winners - out of sorts for martina) considering its like her 5th match back??

She's coming to net alot more. and if you wathced carefully, martina has flattened out her first serve but didnt yet have the guts to use it every service games. when she did use that flatter serve she actually held some games at love or 15.

i've been a hingis fanatic since 1997 maybe even 96 and i know her game pretty well, so i really think this was a positive match for martina. she's definetly added some muscle to her game, but more importantly its her mind frame. there was not that much of the hit every shot down the middle crap, granted she did do that a few times when she got nervous, but for the most part, i saw alot of glimpses of the martina we all know and love from 2000 or mid 2001.

if this is her form just after coming back and playing one of the greatest players we have seen (Justine, lets face it people thats not an easy task, not for anyone, serena, lindsay, venus, all the top players) then im ecstatic, martina will only get better.

i think the scoreline was really deceaving, it could have easily been 6-4 7-5 .
it was really a few key points that justine won.

so rest assured hingis fans, martina has a bright bright future i think. she's just still trying things out on court. but her game is still beautiful and much improved.

PS : make no mistake, martina also did not play a rusty henin... justine came out and played a really great match. justine's stats alone tell the story of wut level she was playing at.

Shouldn't you be attending to that poor cat you abandoned over Christmas instead of watching Martina Hingis tennis matches? You don't deserve to watch any tennis after what you did! :fiery:

sioul
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Shouldn't you be attending to that poor cat you abandoned over Christmas instead of watching Martina Hingis tennis matches? You don't deserve to watch any tennis after what you did! :fiery:

holy jeeze lady, did u put a lil extra crazy powder in ur crazy shake this morning?

do urself a favor and check urself into a clinic, fast.

Helen Lawson
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
holy jeeze lady, did u put a lil extra crazy powder in ur crazy shake this morning?

I'd rather be crazy than be cruel to a kitten you voluntarily took on! :fiery: I can't believe you even come around here anymore after what you admitted! I'd be ashamed!

<!Society!>
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:39 PM

haha, shes definately long over due a wacko test

Helen Lawson
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:40 PM

So you're cruel to animals, too?

sioul
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM

lol no kidding, i've kind of learned to block people like that out,....anyways...back to the real issue, MARTINA HINGIS :cool:

<!Society!>
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM
So you're cruel to animals, too?

how on earth do you come to that conclusion from me saying what i did. I love animals and have my own little pet budgie :)

Helen Lawson
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM
how on earth do you come to that conclusion from me saying what i did. I love animals and have my own little pet budgie :)

Keep telling yourself that, hon! Just keep telling yourself that!

kj-
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
good to hear that.. :)