PDA

View Full Version : Hobart QF:(4)Iveta Benesova def (5)Amy Frazier 76(3) 76(4)

Wiggly
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Vey tough match as expected but Iveta is in 1/2's :bounce: :worship: :worship:

Like last year and in 2003, I think she likes Hobart :)

Amy...good tournament! Good luck at the AO :bounce: She nerver stop fighting, Iveta led 5-2 in 2nd set before Amy tied it at 5-5 :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Congratas to Iveta.. :D Still a very nice tournament for AMY. Hopefully she will be fully rested for the Ausie Open and she can do some damage on her way to her 500th win this year...12 to go... :D :bounce:

Hachiko
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Great comeback from Amy in the second set though. I thought she was gone for sure.

tennisjam
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM
hope she wins

jrm
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Finally a decent result for Iveta!

xXSarajevoXx
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Iveta :D

jonny84
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Well done Iveta. :)

Think you will be able to pass Santangelo, but if you face Kraijeck in the final........

Harju.
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Aww Amy :hug:. But at least it was a hard-fought match.

Congrats to Iveta though :banana:. After a bad week last week.

auntie janie
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:54 AM
:mad:

Mathijs
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Great win for Iveta, i really feared this match for Iveta, but i am glad she won it :)

Amy, congrats to you as well, having a great tourney :yeah:

MLF
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Too bad for Amy. Benesova is one of these miserable looking players who looks like she has to shovel shit for a living rather than play a sport where she gets paid handsomely. Sounds like quite a heated match, not something you come across too often involving Amy Frazier :

Benesova outguns Frazier

11jan06

CZECH Iveta Benesova claimed the last Hobart International semi-finals berth after knocking out fourth seeded American Amy Frazier in an emotion-charged match tonight.

In a clash rife with contentious line calls and ten breaks of serve, Benesova held firm to win 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-4) to reach her third Hobart semi-finals.

Benesova, who is seeded fifth and ranked No.50 in the world, said it was a tough win.

"She made me move a lot but then I said to myself that I had to be more dominate and I started putting more power in my balls," she said. Benesova will face Italy's Mara Santangelo in tomorrow's match.

Wiggly
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Too bad for Amy. Benesova is one of these miserable looking players who looks like she has to shovel shit for a living rather than play a sport where she gets paid handsomely. Sounds like quite a heated match, not something you come across too often involving Amy Frazier :

Benesova outguns Frazier

11jan06

CZECH Iveta Benesova claimed the last Hobart International semi-finals berth after knocking out fourth seeded American Amy Frazier in an emotion-charged match tonight.

In a clash rife with contentious line calls and ten breaks of serve, Benesova held firm to win 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-4) to reach her third Hobart semi-finals.

Benesova, who is seeded fifth and ranked No.50 in the world, said it was a tough win.

"She made me move a lot but then I said to myself that I had to be more dominate and I started putting more power in my balls," she said. Benesova will face Italy's Mara Santangelo in tomorrow's match.

What do youn exactly means in you're first sentence? :confused:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:55 PM
What do youn exactly means in you're first sentence? :confused:

He was just joking. I think Iveta is a very nice looking lady :D :wavey:

Hurley
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
You're all right. She is a beautiful woman, but she certainly never looks happy while she's playing.