PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry for all the guys who were in sydney for the QF

mr_burns
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
only 3 sets...

It's always the same there. Nobody wants to risk anything.

Can you remember a similiar situation

jonny84
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:03 AM
It kind of happened last year;

Samantha Stosur made the final when Davenport and Dementieva withdrew from their quarter-finals and semi-finals respectivley. Nadia also withdrew last year from hyer quarter final.

It is a shame for the spectators; hopefully they will get some sort of a refund.

Prizeidiot
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Nope, we don't get refunds. If there is 1 hour of play, regardless of who it is, we don't get a refund.

Fortunately for me, I'm in free for the week since I'm working there.

But it is a shame. The most tennis I watched was Vaidisova's set and a bit against Hantuchova.

Sam L
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:21 AM
They should ban Nadia from ever playing here again. :lol:

GoDominique
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Quarterfinals day is always the worst day. I don't know why, but it's true.

Mattographer
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Nope, we don't get refunds. If there is 1 hour of play, regardless of who it is, we don't get a refund.

Fortunately for me, I'm in free for the week since I'm working there.

But it is a shame. The most tennis I watched was Vaidisova's set and a bit against Hantuchova.
We can refunds for night sessions :) or exchange ticket in the following year with same night without paid at all :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:37 PM
not only that but best mens match was also a walkover
Moya withdrew too :( :( vs Blake.

Monica_Rules
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Its just ridiculas, tennis is becoming a farce with all these injuries.

Helen Lawson
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I think you could make up for it by having Little Masha come onto the court and sing "Big Spender" or something.

Prizeidiot
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I think you could make up for it by having Little Masha come onto the court and sing "Big Spender" or something.
I was thinking if you let Nikki and Daniela play in the rain with wet Tshirts, no one would complain?

natacha1
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM
A few years ago I went to the qf of antwerp. I was thinking to see : venus, momo, justine, dementieva, Schnyder and Kim.
Schnyder played just a few minutes then she stoped.
Venus, momo and justine withdrawed. And Kim her match only took 50 minutes.
I saw Danilidou, Sprem, Schiavone, Loit, maleeva and casanova. It costed me 70 euro and I really was dissapointed
Now I am scared to buy my ticket for antwerp allready, it is too expencive to see only one top 10 player playing only one hour.

Helen Lawson
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I was thinking if you let Nikki and Daniela play in the rain with wet Tshirts, no one would complain?

I'm telling you, early round casualties who are hot could make some decent back-end money by hanging around and entertaining the crowd. They have like a "losers" tournament at Eastborne I think for people who lost, hey, it's a way to let people see someone even if they lost early and can't be there the whole week.