PDA

View Full Version : The situation of Kim is more serious....

itzhak
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Clijsters in Open doubt
January 11, 2006

AUSTRALIAN Open favourite Kim Clijsters is in serious doubt for the season opening grand slam next week after injuring her leg in warm up at the Sydney International tonight.

A clearly dejected world No.2 did not want to even contemplate missing next week's Melbourne Park event but was bracing to face the music tomorrow.

Clijsters will have MRI scans in Sydney first thing in the morning to determine the exact nature of her injury after complaining of an acute muscle strain in her left hip.

The Belgian, who broke her grand slam drought at the US Open last September, said she had been suffering some back problems since flying to Australia from Hong Kong at the weekend.

AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17793582-23210,00.html

sapir1434
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

esquímaux
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
No! :fiery: NO! NO! NO! :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: :sad:

pigam
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:39 AM
yesterday on the news, she said she had already had some x-ray (??) thaken when she came back from HK. Maybe they pointed out something serious.

Klurt
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Truely sad news :eek: :mad:
I hope the MRI scans turn out good for Kim!!

Dexter
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:41 AM
You've got to be kidding me :mad:

This season hardly started and it looks like an end of it :rolleyes:

Lady
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
It looks more like media trying to write a sensation, just like with martina's supposed withdrowal from Sydney.

It's better to wait until official news from Kim come.

nicky
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I sooo hope you're right - but it does sound very serious... :scared: :sad:

xin_hui
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM
UPDATE 1-Injured Clijsters in doubt for Australian Open
Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:29 AM GMThttp://i.today.reuters.co.uk/images/spacer.gif
Printer Friendly (javascript:commonPopup('/PrinterFriendlyPopup.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI%3aurn%3anewsml%3areuters.com%3a2006011 1%3aMTFH86134_2006-01-11_09-28-51_SP234449%3a1', 540, 525, 1, 'printerPopup')) | Email Article (javascript:commonPopup('/EmailPopup.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI%3aurn%3anewsml%3areuters.com%3a2006011 1%3aMTFH86134_2006-01-11_09-28-51_SP234449%3a1&link=news/NewsArticle.aspx', 540, 600, 1, 'emailPopup')) | RSShttp://i.today.reuters.co.uk/news/images/iconRSS.gif (http://today.reuters.co.uk/rss/default.aspx)
http://i.today.reuters.co.uk/news/images/clear.gif http://i.today.reuters.co.uk/news/images/clear.gif

By Julian Linden

SYDNEY, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Kim Clijsters is doubtful for next week's Australian Open after a hip injury forced her out of the Sydney International on Wednesday.

"It's terrible," she told a news conference. "It's not good."

The Belgian, ranked second in the world, was due to play Italian Francesca Schiavone in the quarter-finals but withdrew after feeling a sharp pain during her warm-up.

Clijsters had problems with her hip last season and said she would not know the extent of her latest injury until she undergoes a scan on Thursday.

"I could hardly walk up the stairs. It feels like it's really deep inside," Clijsters said.

"I don't know what the injury is. I'll need to have some tests tomorrow."

Clijsters said she had minor back pain after flying in to Australia from Hong Kong where she played an exhibition tournament at the weekend.

"I don't know if that had something to do with it, maybe it was compensating for my back...I just don't know," she said.

"I hurt it warming up. I was hitting for about 20 minutes, just my ground strokes, and I was feeling fine.

"Then all of a sudden I just started to do serves and as soon as I served I felt some really sharp pains.

"I tried to stretch it out a little bit and do some movements to lossen up my hip or and my back but it just kept getting worse and worse."

Clijsters is one of the favourites to win the Australian Open, starting in Melbourne on Monday, after reaching the final two years ago and winning the U.S. Open last September.

The 22-year-old has been plagued with injuries since she sprained her ankle at the Hopman Cup in Australia two years ago.

She missed last year's Melbourne championship because of a wrist injury and said she could not bear to miss it again.

"That's something I don't want to think about yet," she said.

Meelis
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:53 AM
:sad: :mad:

Lady
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Now (with quotes) it really sounds serious :(

lauryn
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:03 AM
It doesn't sound good at all... :sad:

Ugh, I hate injuries. Give these girls a break please! :mad:

WonderfulLee
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:05 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Elldee
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Oh no! Kim was very dependable health-wise all last year after she'd come back.

CanadianBoy21
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:14 AM
oh kimmy kimmy :sad:

Cersei
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:17 AM
ugh..all these injuries :sad:

azmad_88
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:17 AM
its ok...lets be optimistic

tennisrox
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Fuck!!! :mad:

When will you learn to stop doing those bloody splits Kim?No wonder she's busted her hip. :sad:

xin_hui
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Fuck!!! :mad:

When will you learn to stop doing those bloody splits Kim?No wonder she's busted her hip. :sad:

no connection :rolleyes:

stijntje
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Kim :sad:

Hope it isn't too serious... :sad:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Well Lindsay will stay number 1 for another two weeks after this one at least and I'm totally bummed about kim's injury I like Kim and hope is she able to play in the oz open but its not looking good.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
im staying positive i just couldnt bare it her not playing

mike/topgun
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
This injury may be someway connected with back so it's quite serious thing...but only after MRI the doctors could say what's wrong with the hip. That's a bad news definitely. Not fully fit Kim would be a disatser for the event.

bellascarlett
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
yikes kim! :sad: what happened? She had the best chance out of all of them before this...so I hope she feels much better come AO. It won't be the same without her. Rest up, Kim! :)

Yasmine
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:05 AM
It looks more like media trying to write a sensation, just like with martina's supposed withdrowal from Sydney.

It's better to wait until official news from Kim come.
:yeah: that's a good way of thinking;) let's wait and see when she has tests tomorrow and know more details about it :angel:

Yasmine
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM

:worship: ;)

DomenicDemaria
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:07 AM
im staying positive i just couldnt bare it her not playing

:sad: Let's hope Kim makes it. I would hate to see her out. Geez why do injuries have to ruin grand slams for :mad:

volta
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:07 AM
omg no :sad:

natacha1
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
bad news, bad news at all !! I hope Kim will be ok.

Prizeidiot
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:29 AM
OH dear... it's been so long since Kim's played the AO

It'd be a disaster if she couldn't make it again. Especially considering she was almost certain to get the number 1 spot back if she competed.

DutchieGirl
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Damn it! I hope she can play!

No Name Face
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'm a Kim fan but I don't see why she plays every freaking warm up event. If she just played HK and went to the OZ she might have had a better chance...

gentenaire
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Noooooo :(

Kim was saying just now on the radio that if it's just a strain, she'll need just a few days rest so if she can then play on Tuesday in Melbourne, she might be able to participate. If it's torn, she's out of the open.

KingA
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Maybe someone is cursing Kim to stop her from getting all the attention in Australia if she is going to win the Australian Open!!!!!!

Hmm....... Wonder who'll that be? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope Kim's injury is not that serious and will be able to play at AO!!! :angel:

forever_rafter
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Dammit :fiery: :sad:

alfajeffster
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:20 PM

Give them more grass-court tournaments in their schedule instead of forcing them to play 3/4 of their matches on damaging cement and sticky, tacky rubberized joint-grabbing compounds.

honeyke
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:21 PM
it´s enough! the year began 11 days ago and there are soooo many injured players. it´s frustrating!
hopefully kim is able to play the Aussie Open, although the hip-thing sounds really,realy bad!

Munchen
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Kimmie :hug: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

auntie janie
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I'm a Kim fan but I don't see why she plays every freaking warm up event. If she just played HK and went to the OZ she might have had a better chance...

Why do some people feel the need to blame Kim for her injury??? Injuries happen! So she played a couple matches in HK and then came to Sydney; big deal. That's not an excessive amount of tennis. It's a real shame she got hurt, but it's NOT her fault. :rolleyes:

Heal fast, Kim. We need all our players out there. :wavey:

starr
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:33 PM

I've read that Kimmie feels she plays better with a lot of matches under her belt. That's not so unusual.

Hagar
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I feel so depressed about this news that I might even go to a church and burn some candles (and that's not something I do often!). :sad:
I have been looking SO forward to this year's Australian Open. If there is one tourny of the year that Kim has to play, it's the Australian, she really belongs there, she got so many great results on that turf and I desperately want to win the Australian at least once in her career.

xin_hui
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I feel so depressed about this news that I might even go to a church and burn some candles (and that's not something I do often!). :sad:
I have been looking SO forward to this year's Australian Open. If there is one tourny of the year that Kim has to play, it's the Australian, she really belongs there, she got so many great results on that turf and I desperately want to win the Australian at least once in her career.

please, hagar, go to the church :angel:

azmad_88
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:45 PM
i have a feeling she will play...just hope her first few rounds wont be a heavy matches...if she can get through the first week. wo prob..she will be ok...cos she injured in 2004 as well.. 1 weeks b4 aussie open..she regrouped and she came back strong..she might just do it again...

wateva
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
this is seriously F***ED UP!!!!!! :mad: :bigcry:

Purple_Llama
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:49 PM
More news...Damn @ all the players withdrawing ill :(

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17796529-23216,00.html

Natarajasana
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:53 PM
It really saddens me to hear about all these injuries so early in the season (well....injuries period). Hopefully it won't be too serious for Kim.
I wish the AO wasn't so early in the season....but what can you do?
:sad:

azmad_88
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:54 PM
why wud they wanna put monica seles in the list?

lauramariana
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I hope that the injury isn´t serious. Good luck Kim!

suzie
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:10 PM
:sad:
Let's hope for the best.

SelesFan70
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
On the bright side...at least she doesn't have any points to defend if she does have to withdraw. But still very sad news! :sad:

Lapin
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Poor Kim! Unbelievable her bad luck! :sad: Get well soon Kim! :hug:

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:10 PM
this is just awful....the field is getting weaker and weaker:(

loppy
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Oh no! I'm so looking forward to a rematch of the Toronto final at Sydney. :sad:

timafi
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM
oh Kim why you and why now? :sad: :sad:

meyerpl
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:19 PM
My heart goes out to any player suffering through injury. It must be the realization of their greatest fear.

pisces
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
takecare?

Dawn Marie
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Damn this is not good it could be a bad injury but look on the bright side, she has been seriously injured before and played the AO. She even made it to the finals that year I believe. So maybe she'll play and get a decent draw and go far.

I think she'll play.

nicky
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Damn this is not good it could be a bad injury but look on the bright side, she has been seriously injured before and played the AO. She even made it to the finals that year I believe. So maybe she'll play and get a decent draw and go far.

I think she'll play.

Yes, that's a straw to cling to... :)

It depends on tomorrows verdict: if it's a strain, she'll try to play, but if it's a tear, she can forget about the AO, and she'll go home immediately.
*keeping fingers crossed*

IAM#1
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Clijsters should have never played Sydney.. The Sydney courts always injure the top player going in to the open.. a la Serena Williams two years in a row.... Hingis one year.. Davenport one year.. After the good matches at HK she should have stuck to practice matches.. This was Hingis' mistake I dont think that tourney is good warm up Aussie especially since the rebound ace is a horrible surface for anyones body!!!

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
This is horrible :sobbing: I so hope it's not serious but with all the quotes, it looks really bad :(

MissJessou
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Kim! No! :sad:

She's so unlucky..

migi
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Did Kim receive much money for exhibition in HK she won in final? so sorry for Kim.
Hennin has a free way to AO tittle.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I feel bad for Kim. There's so much pressure for these top players to play as many tournis as possible.
It's a bit unfair. Serena was injured in 2002 in Syndey. She missed the AO as well.
She went on to win the other 3 slams in 2002. Funnier scenarios have happened after an injury.

cometz9
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Kimmie :bigcry: what a poor start in 2006 for some of the top players, damn injuries :mad: I hope she is well for the AO and the injury is not too serious.

Yasmine
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:09 PM
This is horrible :sobbing: I so hope it's not serious but with all the quotes, it looks really bad :(
:hug: David I know :sad:

jonny84
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Let's just hope Kim all the best and recovers from the injuries she has sustained.

Marshmallow
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Please tell me you're not serious! All because a millionaire, slam champion, former number one, 30+ titles, happy family, not single, well liked tennis player may not compete in one slam.

I don't mean to be rude but please save candles in church for people in real need.

alfajeffster
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
...I don't mean to be rude but please save candles in church for people in real need.

And at $2+ a pop going into the Catholic Church coffers for the privilege of lighting said candles, that could really add up after a lifetime of top players missing the Australian...

serenafan08
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:38 PM
NOOOOO! :mad: I hope she can get better and compete.

Corswandt
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Clijsters in Open doubt
January 11, 2006

AUSTRALIAN Open favourite Kim Clijsters is in serious doubt for the season opening grand slam next week after injuring her leg in warm up at the Sydney International tonight.

Surely people are over-reacting? The understandable reaction to an injury so close to a major competition is panic.

At least I hope so.

No Name Face
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Why do some people feel the need to blame Kim for her injury??? Injuries happen! So she played a couple matches in HK and then came to Sydney; big deal. That's not an excessive amount of tennis. It's a real shame she got hurt, but it's NOT her fault. :rolleyes:

Heal fast, Kim. We need all our players out there. :wavey:

she knows her body more than anyone...knowing that she's been out for a while, she should know her limits more

raquel
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:41 PM
:sad: This is terrible news. I hope somehow Kim can recover in time. It would be so disappointing if she couldn't play :( Get better Kim :hug:

alex.2812
Jan 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM
poor Kim. hopefully she won't have to skip the Open :(

fammmmedspin
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM
it´s enough! the year began 11 days ago and there are soooo many injured players. it´s frustrating!
hopefully kim is able to play the Aussie Open, although the hip-thing sounds really,realy bad!

3 walkovers in one QF plus the other injuries to people like Serena and Nathalie is simply awful for week 2 of the season.Its even worse if you add on the walking injured like Dinara and Francesca. Its obviously not overplaying but it might well be damaging playing?

jenny161185
Jan 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I really hope Kim can play I was looking forward to cheering her on in Melbourne - it will be terrible if she cant play - fingers crossed till the scan tomorrow

gmak
Jan 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM
no no no noooooooooo :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :crying2: :mad:

OK, let's stay positive guys! she played injured in 2004 and made the final!
she will be ok and she will play, i can't imagine another AO without kim! :(

Hagar
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Please tell me you're not serious! All because a millionaire, slam champion, former number one, 30+ titles, happy family, not single, well liked tennis player may not compete in one slam.

I don't mean to be rude but please save candles in church for people in real need.

Of course there are bigger problems in the world.

But as a tennis fan, your favourite playing a Slam with a chance of winning it, brings magic and excitement in your life (well, at least that is how it is for me and I know I am not the only one). I would hate to miss that, especially since we know that Kim will only play for two more years.

goldenboi356
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooo please kim fans, pray with me that it's not as serious as the article sounds

meggz_star
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:03 PM
This really sucks :sad: Hope she gets better in time for the Open :bounce:

drake3781
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Question: since this is after the Qualy draw, and Qualies have already started (I think) then if Kim has to W/D, her 1R opponent will get a walkover? Or is it handled some other way?

~|Naomi|~
Jan 12th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Her place would be taken by a lucky loser.

drake3781
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:21 AM
thx!

Myggen
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Anybody know anything about Kim's MRI and the result of it?

Rub
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:42 AM
this is very sad... i can't say anything more...

azmad_88
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:08 AM
she will be fine...we will all pray for her

Pinkie
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Belgian radio just reported that the injury is an inflammation of the hip. There is no tear :bounce: She remains hopeful for the AO :bounce: Let's keep our fingers crossed

xin_hui
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:19 AM
i'm so relieved right now:bounce:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Belgian radio just reported that the injury is an inflammation of the hip. There is no tear :bounce: She remains hopeful for the AO :bounce: Let's keep our fingers crossed
:sobbing: This is SUCH a relief :hysteric: Even if in the worst case she didn't play the AO, we can rejoice in the fact that it's not a SERIOUS injury that could AGAIN threaten her season. Still, I'd love her to play the Aussie Open! Come back fully healthy Kim :D

xin_hui
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:22 AM
in kim's words:)

Scans clear Clijsters of serious injury
Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:02 AM GMThttp://i.today.reuters.co.uk/images/spacer.gif
Printer Friendly (javascript:commonPopup('/PrinterFriendlyPopup.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI%3aurn%3anewsml%3areuters.com%3a2006011 2%3aMTFH09205_2006-01-12_07-01-12_SP249516%3a1', 540, 525, 1, 'printerPopup')) | Email Article (javascript:commonPopup('/EmailPopup.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=URI%3aurn%3anewsml%3areuters.com%3a2006011 2%3aMTFH09205_2006-01-12_07-01-12_SP249516%3a1&link=news/NewsArticle.aspx', 540, 600, 1, 'emailPopup')) | RSShttp://i.today.reuters.co.uk/news/images/iconRSS.gif (http://today.reuters.co.uk/rss/default.aspx)
http://i.today.reuters.co.uk/news/images/clear.gif http://i.today.reuters.co.uk/news/images/clear.gif

SYDNEY, Jan 12 (Reuters) - Kim Clijsters has been cleared of serious injury after undergoing a scan on a hip problem that threatened her participation in next week's Australian Open.

The world number two said the scans revealed she had inflamed her left hip and would require further treatment before she could be certain of playing in the Open, starting in Melbourne on Monday.

"I had an MRI scan this morning and it's shown I have an inflammation of the hip joint and tendon," she said in a statement released by the Women's Tennis Association on Thursday.

"The good news is that there is no tear of the muscle.

"In the next couple of days I'm going to receive more treatment and do some stabilisation exercises. At that point I'll have a better idea of my condition."

Clijsters was seeded second for the Open on Thursday and is considered a favourite to triumph in Melbourne.

She suffered a scare on Wednesday, though, when she withdrew from the Sydney International after feeling a sharp pain during her warm-up.

Clijsters said she had minor back pain after flying in to Australia from Hong Kong where she played an exhibition tournament at the weekend and thought that might have been a contributing factor.

~|Naomi|~
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:44 AM
:sobbing: This is SUCH a relief :hysteric: Even if in the worst case she didn't play the AO, we can rejoice in the fact that it's not a SERIOUS injury that could AGAIN threaten her season. Still, I'd love her to play the Aussie Open! Come back fully healthy Kim :D

My exact thoughts. I still think AO might be too soon, but at least it isn't an injury that would most likely disrupt her whole season.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:58 AM
go kimmy i know you can be well enough to win

Rub
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:07 AM
not so bad... get better kim... good enough to win the ausopen!