PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't anyone make fun of Daniela's weight issues.

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I never once recall so many post or jokes about Daniela's weight issues ever. I've always known there was a double standard and unfairness when it comes to the WS so I don't even know why I even started this thread, but I thought someone should have brought it up. I could have had a field day with Danielas weight or lack of but thought it would be unfair since I don't know what she was going through in her life at the time. In my opinion Daniela looked like she was on crack or maybe or maybe not I don't know but what ever the case I didn't feel like I needed to make fun of her. What about Maria has anyone questioned if shes to thin. Personally I have other questions about Maria. What about her age is she lying about that I think someone should look into that or her father does her abuse her mentally, physically or sexually. My point is when is enough is enough. I know some of you Serena haters dislike her, but why. Is it because she just to good for you to deal with or has she done something personally to you, what is it. I really don't know what all this hate is about. :sad:

-VSR-
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:30 AM
:worship:

alwayshingis
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:32 AM
:rolleyes:

Here's the difference: Dani's weight issue was problematic not just for her game, but for her as a person. It was a serious and unfortunaate problem.

Serena's weight is not a problem for her in her personal life. She needs to work on her fitness as far as tennis goes, but if she were not a tennis player she wouldn't be unhealthy in any way. The same does not apply for Daniela.

Martian Willow
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:34 AM
I never once recall so many post or jokes about Daniela's weight issues ever. I've always known there was a double standard and unfairness when it comes to the WS so I don't even know why I even started this thread, but I thought someone should have brought it up. I could have had a field day with Danielas weight or lack of but thought it would be unfair since I don't know what she was going through in her life at the time. In my opinion Daniela looked like she was on crack or maybe or maybe not I don't know but what ever the case I didn't feel like I needed to make fun of her. What about Maria has anyone questioned if shes to thin. Personally I have other questions about Maria. What about her age is she lying about that I think someone should look into that or her father does her abuse her mentally, physically or sexually. My point is when is enough is enough. I know some of you Serena haters dislike her, but why. Is it because she just to good for you to deal with or has she done something personally to you, what is it. I really don't know what all this hate is about. :sad:

Its because shes got a fat arse.

strawberry.babou
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:34 AM
To make it simple:

Daniela's problem was serious, it was a disease.
Serena was just lazy to work out.

shnit.
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:36 AM
What? Daniela was soo scrutinized before. "Walking stick", "Slovakian Skeleton", "Goo feed the girl a cheeseburger or something". :s

IceHock
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:36 AM
daniela fixed her problem serena has been like this since wimby her record since then has been brutal in my opinion i think she cares more about fashion than tennis and it shows in her weight that she hasnt been training so how bad does she really want it???? doesnt even come close to the old serena shes a totally different person

LeRoy.
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:38 AM
I think many people made fun of Dani calling here "Slovakian Skeleton" or "Daniela Skeletova" or "Skeletor" and other mean/nasty stuff :shrug:

As for Serena , that girl has always had "haters" and some of them seem to get a rise out of annoying her fans here :wavey:

j_dementieva27
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:38 AM
yeah thats ridiculous

daniela's weight loss could have resulted in serious tragedy, hospitalization, even worse... she was depressed and her game was a manifestation of how her life was going, what with the divorce and other things... she was nearly anorexic, and thats a true problem

serena is over weight... is so obese? no... but she is a professional tennis player and part of her job as a tennis player is to remain in shape... her favorite temptation is zingers? yeah that proves my point... all the things that sports journalists have said about serena not being as interested in tennis as she was... you can see that in her eyes, half the time she just doesnt want to be on court, but put her on a red carpet premiere and she is smiling ear to ear

the two problems are hardly comprable... and im a fan of both daniela and serena, so dont give me immature "you're a serena hater" bullshit... grow up and face facts; serenas overweight, she needs to slim down and tone up or she wont ever reach the level in professional tennis that she reached at her height

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Like I said before I don't way I started this thread, you people will come up with the same excuse no matter what the situation anything to justify your hate for Serena. :sad:

IceHock
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:41 AM
thank you jdementieva27 the first serena fan who actually sees it!!!

kwanfan
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Daniela could have died as a result of her weight loss. Serena is simply a big girl, especially for a tennis player. Serena in her current state would be considered perfectly fine weight if she wasn't a pro tennis player. Daniela, in the state she was in, would have been considered sick no matter what career she was in.

Martian Willow
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Moreover, black posters regularly comment on the size of white players behinds.

j_dementieva27
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:45 AM
well said too kwan

i was going to put in that daniela could have died too, but i thought that might have been extreme

point is serena's job is a tennis player, like kwan said... he weight is average for a regular person but as a professional tennis player she is clearly overweight due to laziness, and daniela's near anorexia is in no way comparable to that

-VSR-
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:47 AM
This is just turning into a hate thread. :rolleyes:

Please close this Admins.

careyscott
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:47 AM
So what if Daniella "I couldn't possible have anymore I already ate this month" Hantuchova had "serious" eating disorder. Any of you tried to put down a half eaten box of zingers? It isn't different and I personnally think Hantuchova should have been mocked mercilessly though not in person as she was susceptible to cross winds from talking.

aNYthing
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Moreover, black posters regularly comment on the size of white players behinds.
What does the race of posters have to do with this discussion. :shrug:

*cough* Random *cough*

marmite1
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:52 AM
So what if Daniella "I couldn't possible have anymore I already ate this month" Hantuchova had "serious" eating disorder. Any of you tried to put down a half eaten box of zingers? It isn't different and I personnally think Hantuchova should have been mocked mercilessly though not in person as she was susceptible to cross winds from talking.

:rolleyes:

esquímaux
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:52 AM
What? Daniela was soo scrutinized before. "Walking stick", "Slovakian Skeleton", "Goo feed the girl a cheeseburger or something". :sNo kiddin' :eek: I remember the threads :o

Martian Willow
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:53 AM
What does the race of posters have to do with this discussion. :shrug:

*cough* Random *cough*

"I've always known there was a double standard and unfairness when it comes to the WS". :)

Justeenium
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:54 AM

you joined in OCT 2005, nuff said

-VSR-
I hope you aren't saying that all Williams Sisters fans are black? I'm white here. :retard:

RatedR Superstar
this thread is obviously created to let everyone forget serenas weight issue and remember danielas weight problem back in 2003, this is just a desperate diversion by the thread maker and pretty sad too...

Rexman
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I have a person very close to me going through an eating disorder.

You really can't judge it until it hits home to you. It's a horrible thing to go through and tears both the one with the disorder and their familiy and friends to bits.

shnit.
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I was gonna say that too. :s

Kenny
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Jahrim, I noticed that too.. I thought it wasn't random though and was racist. However, I know nothing about that poster but after that post.. don't want to.

Rohin.
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:04 AM
O M G !

are you serious! :rolleyes:

Justeenium
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Am I missing something because I don't see what "you joined in OCT 2005, nuff said" has to do with race...

Martian Willow
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Am I missing something because I don't see what "you joined in OCT 2005, nuff said" has to do with race...

I think they're talking to me.

Philip
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:06 AM
the thing is, serenas "weight problem" (call it that if you wish :rolleyes: ) has nothing what so ever to do with danielas weight problem(s).

i dont see the comparison.

and neither am i a serena fan, nor a daniela fan.

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:08 AM

I joined in Oct 2005, but have been reading this board for over 2 yrs now, so talk what you know JERK.

Kenny
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I think they're talking to me.

That's right!

shnit.
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I joined in Oct 2005, but have been reading this board for over 2 yrs now, so talk what you know JERK.
Then you should know that alot of people made fun of Daniela and called her names. :confused:

RatedR Superstar
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:11 AM
the thing is, serenas "weight problem" (call it that is you wish :rolleyes: ) has nothing what so ever to do with danielas weight problem(s).

i dont see the comparison.

and neither am i a serena fan, nor a daniela fan.

just like i said, this thread is created in a soul purpose to let the people here turn their attention to someone else rather than Serenas health issue..

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:16 AM
just like i said, this thread is created in a soul purpose to let the people here turn their attention to someone else rather than Serenas health issue..

Or it's an attempt to show that neither should be made fun of. There's nothing fun in making jokes about Serena's weight as there isn't any in Daniela's. Different situations and different women, but there shouldn't be a reason for one and not the other.

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Then you should know that alot of people made fun of Daniela and called her names. :confused:

Didn't your parents ever tell you, well never mind you still wouldn't get it. My point was made.

Philip
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Or it's an attempt to show that neither should be made fun of. There's nothing fun in making jokes about Serena's weight as there isn't any in Daniela's. Different situations and different women, but there shouldn't be a reason for one and not the other.
very true.

Volcana
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Black
White

So Disrespectful
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:19 AM
So basically, the poster of this thread is saying that making fun of other players (Daniela) would solve the problem?

shnit.
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Didn't your parents ever tell you, well never mind you still wouldn't get it. My point was made.

Ohh no no, I'm not saying it's ok to make fun of people's weight. I'm just saying, Daniela wasn't left off the hook, Daniela too, wasn't treated, I guess, nicely when she was going through that time.

Ryan
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Wow, lets analyse your twisted logic. You're basically saying that since Daniela didn't get made fun of, Serena shouldn't. That in itself is understandable, when you forget the fact that Daniela was persecuted mercilessly in multitudes of threads on her weight, over and over. Now, what she had was a disease so it's not funnyto make fun of that at all, although it is ok to discuss it. Serena's situation is completely different. This is a message board where we talk about everything tennis, and someone carrying extra weight is a hot topic.

RatedR Superstar
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:24 AM

yup, but my point is that it is unfair to bring back an issue that has been dead for 2-3 years now just to remove everyones attention to serena or any other player for that matter....personally, i dont care about serenas health issue right now, i admit that i been one of the haters of the williams sisters, but i have never made fun of her health and i dont really care, but to create a thread like this is just pathetic :rolleyes:

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:25 AM
So basically, the poster of this thread is saying that making fun of other players (Daniela) would solve the problem?

Honestly if you think that's what I was trying to say then your so far off that if I explained it to you you still wouldn't get it. Your not that bright are you. :o

vettipooh
Why the double standard? :confused: Some of you say that serena is a professional tennis player who is responsible for her weight/fitness. Isn't Daniela.? Why excuse one and not the other?? Anorexia or not, it's a choice....to eat or not to.:rolleyes: For whatever emotional reasons. Give Serena an effing break, or get back to me when your fav wins 7 slams.:rolleyes:

SzavayFi
Oh everyone talked shit on my poor Daniela even though I wasnt here at WTAWORLD in 03' :sad: But even in the TENNIS magazine people were saying about her Chances at the US OPEN, something like this "the slovakian skeleton has been looking even more two dimentional lately, someone shove a pizza down the girls through and then we'll talk tennis" :rolleyes:

Derek.
:o @ this thread and the thread starter.

Daniela's problems were more serious than Serena's. Daniela is fine now so I don't get why people still talk about it. :shrug: If you think people never said anything about Daniela's problems then you don't know much about tennis. It's that simple.

Serena's problem is just her fitness. Nothing emotional, mental, etc.

RatedR Superstar
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Why the double standard? :confused: Some of you say that serena is a professional tennis player who is responsible for her weight/fitness. Isn't Daniela.? Why excuse one and not the other?? Anorexia or not, it's a choice....to eat or not to.:rolleyes: For whatever emotional reasons. Give Serena an effing break, or get back to me when your fav wins 7 slams.:rolleyes:

see, this is what im trying to tell, daniela has got nothing to do with serenas health problem, now because of this thread, she's part of it and some stupid posters like this one, would comment a stupid post like this :rolleyes:

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:29 AM

HELLO, Great minds think alike. :kiss:

SzavayFi
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Another thing, when Daniela was stuggling with her weight, she was soooo focused on tennis and sooo worried to play well just so she could get the media off her back.
On the other hand, Serena is busy with design and acting while trying to pursue a successful tennis career. :o Serena's is a lack of desire while Daniela's, like most people in their right mind here said, was completely mental and emotional and was really tearing her apart as a person and as a player.

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:30 AM
see, this is what im trying to tell, daniela has got nothing to do with serenas health problem, now because of this thread, she's part of it and some stupid posters like this one, would comment a stupid post like this :rolleyes:

You've just been slapped in the face with the truth and you can't handle it. :angel:

So Disrespectful
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Honestly if you think that's what I was trying to say then your so far off that if I explained it to you you still wouldn't get it. Your not that bright are you. :o

Oh, I know exactly what you're saying. I think you're the one that doesn't understand his own comments.

You're just pissed that you're favourite player is copping it.

Junex
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:32 AM

I am hundred percent sure the same people who made fun of Serena's weight (problem ?) now are the very same shallow persons who made fun of daniela too.

Wieght issue is not something to be laughed about....
Unfortunately...these board is infested by majority of immature posters..so there goes...

To the thread starter,

Its inevitable, if you can't handle it, then dnt bother reading threads that you think contains some issues you are not comfortable with.

If you think there is double standard, indeed there is.
This board is reflective of the real society...double standards exist everywhere...not just between blacks and whites

Now if you are mature enough, please knew better that starting threads like this wouldn't change anything!

Simplicity
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:33 AM
thank you jdementieva27 the first serena fan who actually sees it!!!

I'm offically convinced that some of you guys are mentally ill :o

vettipooh
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Stupid is as stupid does! You talk like I'm one of your whores, Pimp-Daddy!!:wavey:

udachi Elena
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:35 AM
i didn't read any of the posts in this... but i remember tons of cuts on dani b/c of her eating problems

RatedR Superstar
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:37 AM
You've just been slapped in the face with the truth and you can't handle it. :angel:

huh? :rolleyes: are you high? you dont get it do you? are you gonna be a retard for the rest of your life? this isnt about whos the better player, dumbass? this is about your stupid thread and your attempt to make fun of daniela just to let people forget whats the real problem right now which is serenas health..1 question, why pick on daniela, her health issue has been dead for years now, she has gotten all the worst post that you can imagine, why bring it back?

SzavayFi
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:39 AM
I'm offically convinced that some of you guys are mentally ill :o
yourself included ;)

Simplicity
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:39 AM
yeah thats ridiculous

daniela's weight loss could have resulted in serious tragedy, hospitalization, even worse... she was depressed and her game was a manifestation of how her life was going, what with the divorce and other things... she was nearly anorexic, and thats a true problem

serena is over weight... is so obese? no... but she is a professional tennis player and part of her job as a tennis player is to remain in shape... her favorite temptation is zingers? yeah that proves my point... all the things that sports journalists have said about serena not being as interested in tennis as she was... you can see that in her eyes, half the time she just doesnt want to be on court, but put her on a red carpet premiere and she is smiling ear to ear

the two problems are hardly comprable... and im a fan of both daniela and serena, so dont give me immature "you're a serena hater" bullshit... grow up and face facts; serenas overweight, she needs to slim down and tone up or she wont ever reach the level in professional tennis that she reached at her height

:tape: Are you delusional! :tape: :o

Derek.
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Ok for all you dumbo's who think Daniela was anorexic well I guess you never read this..

Hantuchova breaks her silence

Matthew Cronin

NEW YORK - There are your run-of-the-mill daughters and then there are those who go out of their way to protect their parents, sacrificing their own reputations in the process.

Daniela Hantuchova represents the latter and for the past year-and-a-half, has been under tremendous scrutiny for her rapid weight loss in 2003, with many accusing her of being anorexic.

Hantuchova withstood accusations that all she cared about was how good she looked, that vanity was why she dropped all the weight. All the while, she was stressing out because her parents — Igor and Marianna — got separated last year. Her weight loss, and subsequent loss of confidence in herself and consequently her career, was a standard 20-year-old's reaction to having the two most important people in her life break the nest in half.
"That was the main reason," Hantuchova told ***********

To keep her family secret, Daniela Hantuchova was willing to endure speculation about her rapid weight loss.

Hantuchova is not comfortable talking about the subject. Even though she could have eliminated the speculation surrounding her weight loss by revealing she was under tremendous emotional stress due to her parents' conflict, she kept mum on the subject.

Consequently, she endured hours upon hours of questions about her eating habits and read article after article that said the reason why she dropped from No. 5 at the beginning of last year to No. 19 at year's end (suffering some shocking early round losses on the way) was primarily because she was too thin — not because she was choking winnable matches due to the loss of control of her emotions. But she didn't, because she wanted to protect her parents' privacy.

"I didn't want to put my family into an area where they were being talked about," she said. "I wouldn't be that stupid to talk about that to the press so that they would be ridiculed."

While Hantuchova accomplished what she set out to do in protecting her parents, she also damaged her reputation as well as her health in the process. She wasn't eating enough because her stomach was too upset to take down the proper amount of food. She lost her strength and power on her shots and was called a choker.

But the whole time, she was being as loyal a daughter as she could be and withstood the storm of criticism without leaving the tour to personally recover. She stood up, took the blows and is now a stronger person because of it.

"It was very difficult and very hard, but I'm over it now," Hantuchova said, adding that her relationship with both her parents is good. "But I would appreciate if the media didn't ask me about it anymore.

On Wednesday at the U.S. Open, the 32nd-ranked Hantuchova scored her biggest Grand Slam win of the year by upsetting No. 17 Alicia Molik of Australia 6-4, 6-3. That win came after Hantuchova's perilous first-round victory, where she had to go to great depths to knock off the obscure Camille Pim, 9-7 in the third set tiebreaker. For a while, it looked as if the former top-five player would gag again against a lesser opponent. Her coach, Nigel Sears, was so distraught that he left the court.

"It was such a relief because I've been in that situation so many times before where I gave the match to the opponent" she said. "I found a way to get back and then lost in the end. Now I'm starting to win these matches."

Finding the confidence again that brought her to three Grand Slam quarterfinals will likely take the Slovak another six months or so. But she's not only put back on the weight she lost; she actually weighs more than she did before the incident and is in far better shape. She's always had the weapons and the on-court smarts to be a Slam winner, but so much of winning on the elite level is mental. Hantuchova said that's she's a new woman after she managed to avoid choking against Pin.

"That first match was so important because I appreciated so much that I was still in the tournament," she said. "It will make me stronger. It gave me a second life. Against Molik, I felt free and relaxed. I knew I was the underdog and no one expected me to win. I play my best when there are no expectations. That's how I should approach every match. I put a lot of pressure on her and didn't give her a second chance. I need to go for shots because the only way I can get back is to go for it."

In the next round, Hantuchova faces 15th-seeded Patty Schnyder, who beat her at the Olympics. Should she get by that match, Serena Williams likely will be waiting in the fourth round. Hantuchova can play with both those competitors if she's feeling strong inside. Now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag about the reason for her struggles, maybe she'll be able to keep her mind on the court and be the player she knows she can be. "I don't care about rankings; it's how I play technically and how I am on court mentally," she said. "If I focus like I did today, then the old form will come back."

http://www.tennisrulz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11956

Simplicity
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM
yourself included ;)

I am more sane than you freak! Believe me when I say I would rather be over weight than anorexic! :tape: :o

RatedR Superstar
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Stupid is as stupid does! You talk like I'm one of your whores, Pimp-Daddy!!:wavey:

sorry to sound very rude but your post is way out of line :p just like i said, this isnt about whos the better player, this thread is just a sad attempt of the thread-maker to to divert peoples attention from the current situation, i dont care about serenas health, but to make fun of other players, specially one of my fave, is just unfair

SzavayFi
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Ok for all you dumbo's who think Daniela was anorexic well I guess you never read this..

Hantuchova breaks her silence

Matthew Cronin

NEW YORK - There are your run-of-the-mill daughters and then there are those who go out of their way to protect their parents, sacrificing their own reputations in the process.

Daniela Hantuchova represents the latter and for the past year-and-a-half, has been under tremendous scrutiny for her rapid weight loss in 2003, with many accusing her of being anorexic.

Hantuchova withstood accusations that all she cared about was how good she looked, that vanity was why she dropped all the weight. All the while, she was stressing out because her parents — Igor and Marianna — got separated last year. Her weight loss, and subsequent loss of confidence in herself and consequently her career, was a standard 20-year-old's reaction to having the two most important people in her life break the nest in half.
"That was the main reason," Hantuchova told ***********

To keep her family secret, Daniela Hantuchova was willing to endure speculation about her rapid weight loss.

Hantuchova is not comfortable talking about the subject. Even though she could have eliminated the speculation surrounding her weight loss by revealing she was under tremendous emotional stress due to her parents' conflict, she kept mum on the subject.

Consequently, she endured hours upon hours of questions about her eating habits and read article after article that said the reason why she dropped from No. 5 at the beginning of last year to No. 19 at year's end (suffering some shocking early round losses on the way) was primarily because she was too thin — not because she was choking winnable matches due to the loss of control of her emotions. But she didn't, because she wanted to protect her parents' privacy.

"I didn't want to put my family into an area where they were being talked about," she said. "I wouldn't be that stupid to talk about that to the press so that they would be ridiculed."

While Hantuchova accomplished what she set out to do in protecting her parents, she also damaged her reputation as well as her health in the process. She wasn't eating enough because her stomach was too upset to take down the proper amount of food. She lost her strength and power on her shots and was called a choker.

But the whole time, she was being as loyal a daughter as she could be and withstood the storm of criticism without leaving the tour to personally recover. She stood up, took the blows and is now a stronger person because of it.

"It was very difficult and very hard, but I'm over it now," Hantuchova said, adding that her relationship with both her parents is good. "But I would appreciate if the media didn't ask me about it anymore.

On Wednesday at the U.S. Open, the 32nd-ranked Hantuchova scored her biggest Grand Slam win of the year by upsetting No. 17 Alicia Molik of Australia 6-4, 6-3. That win came after Hantuchova's perilous first-round victory, where she had to go to great depths to knock off the obscure Camille Pim, 9-7 in the third set tiebreaker. For a while, it looked as if the former top-five player would gag again against a lesser opponent. Her coach, Nigel Sears, was so distraught that he left the court.

"It was such a relief because I've been in that situation so many times before where I gave the match to the opponent" she said. "I found a way to get back and then lost in the end. Now I'm starting to win these matches."

Finding the confidence again that brought her to three Grand Slam quarterfinals will likely take the Slovak another six months or so. But she's not only put back on the weight she lost; she actually weighs more than she did before the incident and is in far better shape. She's always had the weapons and the on-court smarts to be a Slam winner, but so much of winning on the elite level is mental. Hantuchova said that's she's a new woman after she managed to avoid choking against Pin.

"That first match was so important because I appreciated so much that I was still in the tournament," she said. "It will make me stronger. It gave me a second life. Against Molik, I felt free and relaxed. I knew I was the underdog and no one expected me to win. I play my best when there are no expectations. That's how I should approach every match. I put a lot of pressure on her and didn't give her a second chance. I need to go for shots because the only way I can get back is to go for it."

In the next round, Hantuchova faces 15th-seeded Patty Schnyder, who beat her at the Olympics. Should she get by that match, Serena Williams likely will be waiting in the fourth round. Hantuchova can play with both those competitors if she's feeling strong inside. Now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag about the reason for her struggles, maybe she'll be able to keep her mind on the court and be the player she knows she can be. "I don't care about rankings; it's how I play technically and how I am on court mentally," she said. "If I focus like I did today, then the old form will come back."

http://www.tennisrulz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11956
Dani :bigcry: :sad: :hug: Please...tell me, how can you hate on this girl :awww:

So Disrespectful
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Now for some negative Serena weight comments by tennisjay (the starter of this thread)-

She's going to need an oxygen mask when she gets out there in that Aussie heat, instead of being on ER she should have been on somebody tennis court getting herself in shape.

I think the problem with Serena is that she seems to have bulked up

I don’t know if she’s injured or not, but one thing I know is that she’s out of shape and look terrible, and I’m one of her biggest supporters

So true I hope the A** whooping Dem put on her will make her realize that she is unfit and out of shape

Someone should show Serena a copy of the National Enquirer and maybe she will be so embarrassed that she will get her A** in Gear. :mad:

Serena has just really disappointed me with her appearance

It should have been the other way around with Serena running and Venus riding because seriously Serena looks a mess.

And look at Serena, she looks a MESS.

I would say so, what in the H*ll was she doing during the off season

she is still heavy and out of shape

How about practicing what you preach?

SzavayFi
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:46 AM
I am more sane than you freak! Believe me when I say I would rather be over weight than anorexic! :tape: :o
Whatever you say kiddo :shrug: I never sayed I wanted to be anorexic over being over weight anyway did I :ras:

Simplicity
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:47 AM
I don't hate her! :shrug: Why o you hate Serena Ernie? :sracth:

tennisjay
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:48 AM
huh? :rolleyes: are you high? you dont get it do you? are you gonna be a retard for the rest of your life? this isnt about whos the better player, dumbass? this is about your stupid thread and your attempt to make fun of daniela just to let people forget whats the real problem right now which is serenas health..1 question, why pick on daniela, her health issue has been dead for years now, she has gotten all the worst post that you can imagine, why bring it back?

Don't be angry because someone took you to school DUDE, the point of this thread was self explanatory some Serena haters just took it in the opposite direction and ran with it, so blame them and not me take your fustration out on them and not me, that is if your not a SERENA HATER yourself.

Pheobo
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Daniela actually did get a lot of grief for that.

And now it's Serena's turn.

I don't see why everyone's whining. Serena's fat and lazy. People make fun of fat lazy people. It's not the end of the world, people.

I put up with people calling Davenport Davenpork during her petunia pig years, and whatever they were calling Jen when she was out of shape. And I kept a sense of humor about it. You guys should try it too, it would make your WTA World days a lot easier ;)

SzavayFi
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I don't hate her! :shrug: Why o you hate Serena Ernie? :sracth:
I dont hate Serena :) I think she's great for the game. Shes a champion and always impresses me with her class after she looses a match...I mean the too.

***OK EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD...LETS CALL A TRUCE AND LOCK THIS BABY UP ;)