PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay at the Australian Open.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Robbie.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
I don't think Lindsay can beat Justine, but I sure hope she beats the bitch.

This tournament is so going to shit in the next 48 hours and we're heading for another snooze fest of a final between the prepubescent boy and the belgian moose.

GrandSlam05
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
I love this woman. Why oh why didn't I start watching tennis in the mid-90s? :sad:

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Jesus, could that Sharapova-Petrova match be any more disgusting? Petrova was practically handed that set on a platter and found a way to fuck it up, OVER AND OVER.
I'm never watching her play a top player again, EVER. :lol:
Only 3 more hours til Linds!

chewy
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:39 AM
lindsay is warming up. C'mon lindsay!!! U CAN WIN IT!

chewy
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:47 AM
im loving this, its so exciting...n lindsay looks good in this outfit

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Juju's just shotting herself in the foot with her serve.

Lindsay, you better win this. I got up this early.

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM
BAM. Backhand return winner = Lindsay up 4-1. Hell ya'z.

chewy
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:19 AM
she's got the d 1st set under her belt. good job.

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Wow. Somehow we serve like shit and play some horribly loose games and still win the first 6-2. That's promising.

Thank God she converted that set point. I was afraid it'd be 04' all over again.

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Lindsay missing easy shots. Not good.

Looks like this set we're actually going to have to hold serve to win it.

chewy
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:28 AM
cmon lindsay, refocus n stop the bleeding. please!! U CAN DO IT

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Ok, this is were the fist pump would come in handy.

Just hold serve Lindsay.

fnuf7
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:39 AM
No comment on the match itself, since I seem to jinx things...but if I were Lindsay I'd be so annoyed by Justine's Allez's when Linds makes an error. If I were Lindsay I'd shout allez back to Justine everytime Justine made a mistake ;)

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I think the second is lost for Lindsay.

Just serve well in the third and you have a great chance.

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
No comment on the match itself, since I seem to jinx things...but if I were Lindsay I'd be so annoyed by Justine's Allez's when Linds makes an error. If I were Lindsay I'd shout allez back to Justine everytime Justine made a mistake ;)

Mature. :lol:

fnuf7
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Mature. :lol:

Of course! ;) :lol:

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Of course! ;) :lol:

Lindsay got one break back. :bounce: She went for broke.

Where are the come on's? I don't think I've heard one since Kirilenko.

mike/topgun
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Lindsays ankle doesn't allow her to serve well :mad: ...she's missing some shots I have never thought she would miss...Not looking good with UFE...Not a good match from both players so far...2/6, 6/2 and Christine to serve :rolleyes:
And now it's all about Henin-Hardenne and 3rd set is going to be 6/2 either way :tape:

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
This is ridiculous. No one can hold serve.

Ty-Ty
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Beautiful. End the second with a double fault.

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:55 AM
This is the worst serving I've ever seen from Linds. Something's gotta change, soon.

mike/topgun
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:06 AM
have you'all seen the drop shot from Linzi for break
*1-2 and serve Davenport.. hope she does serve well this set :tape:
now again drop shot...from JHH :lol:
it looks like another break for Christine...Lidsays serve sucks :mad:

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:07 AM
OMG Lindsay just drop-shotted the Rodent and won the point! Allez!

mike/topgun
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:29 AM
This is the end :confused: Lindsay is playing crap and not fighting anymore...:( She's so anxious and pissed :eek:
4-2 leads JHH, her serve and a beautiful FH cross winner...then dfs n#9 and 10...game point JHH for 5-2 lead :sad:
Lindsays serving 2-5 and she plays much better, she's not nervous anymore
and wins the game.
Finally Christine finishes it off 6-3...the most embarrassing performance from Linds I've seen in a long time :tape: :( :o She definitely didn't deserve to win it :lol:
Maybe the injury was a factor with serve but all those UFE...simply crap :rolleyes:
Lets hope for a better start in Tokyo and Dubai...
Along with the loss Lindsay looses n#1 in the rankings after total 99 weeks :fiery:

:wavey:

sweet_angel23
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
:bigcry: :sobbing:

win wimby and US!!!

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I want to cry. She gave it her all. And an ace when it was needed most. Showed the ankle was bad. Loved some shots, but we cant fault her UES, she couldnt serve or move properly. It was expected. she attacked even when she couldnt get the correct foot work. Although disappointed, she wont be too bad, she did everything she could and didnt get down on herself

Christine played poor too. Shes so unsportsmanlike.. alez every 2 secs!
I would say a free pass to the final for maria is likely cos justine was poo, but ive just heard she played awful tennis with YURI SHOUTING INSTRUCTIONS! idiot...

fnuf7
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah to be honest I expected this result, actually thought it'd be done in 2 sets by Justine considering Linds is injured, goes to show how poo Justine is :tape: Anyway, not too shocked because I have a tremendous irrational fear of Justine :scared: always somehow winning when she really isn't playing well enough to...

Anyway, Linds had a tough, tough draw, one of the toughest I've seen in a while, an injury, and an annoying allez-ing opponent so I'm still upbeat for the rest of the year, bring on the grass and hardcourts I say! :bounce: Allez! ;)

Deffo won't watch the rest of the women's games if Martina goes out later tonight...can't stand watching an all belgian final again... :rolleyes:

chewy
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:01 AM
its very sad...i don't know wat to think. her serve just wasn't there. i wonder how much the ankle play a part in this loss.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Now Martina will lose to Kim in 2 sets, and the tournament will suck even more.

dav abu
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
This is a very hard one to take because once again her body lets her down. She could scarcely have done anymore. With her ankle the way it was she couldn't move her feet or serve properly. I don't know how the girl keeps going at times, its been six long years of disappointment, heartache, fuck ups and injury after injury after injury-her body has cost her some amount of titles. She was so positive, had got a new coach and worked so hard over Christmas-don't know how she is going to pick herself up again. Sam Smith was very impressed with her fight as we all should be I feel.

foreva lindsay
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
what a match...lindsay who need to learn when you win the 1st set you then have to WIN the 2nd set!!! :rolleyes: :sobbing:

foreva lindsay
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I want to cry. She gave it her all. And an ace when it was needed most. Showed the ankle was bad

stupid ankle :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I don't know how many of you saw the match tonight but I did Lindsay had trouble all night pushing up on her serve as her left foot takes all the weight when she lands so it was never going to cut the mustard but as badly as thing were going for Lindsay you would never have known from her demeanor and body language tonight also Lindsay was robbed serving for three all a shot that was called out was actually in no that would have made much difference. If Lindsay had played fit she would have beaten Justine tonight and she will lose the number 1 ranking on Monday to Kim or momo. Also give Lindsay credit for the fight she put up she never gave up and I for one admire her for that there is alot of good things to look forward to this year. The new Lindsay will have a great crack at slam this year.

Robbie.
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Now Martina will lose to Kim in 2 sets, and the tournament will suck even more.

Exactly what I'm thinking, Tim. See my earlier post about the tournament turning to shit. In another 24 hours its all over for me.

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I agree with what y'all said about he tournament turning to shit. My one hope is that Kim chokes.
This tournament sucked from the get-go for me. The tough draw, the injury, the slower courts, and the lines calls against Linds have been worse than usual.
Then I get up at 2:30 am to watch that rodent scream "allez" as soon as the ball leaves Lindsay's racket. It's bad sportmanship if Lindsay was 100%, but to take that much pride in beating an injured opponent who can't move or serve worth a shit just shows Justine is capable of reaching a new low.

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Even as much as Christine pisses me off, I'm still rooting her on in this part of the draw. Why?
1) I hate the Shark even worse. They're both bitches, but at least Christine has a brain and isn't all hype.
2) Kim is likely to make the final, barring "injury", and Justine has got a helluva lot better chance of beating the Golden Retriever than the Shark does.

mike/topgun
Jan 24th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I'd prefer someone from the top half to take the title...it'd be unfair if someone from the bottom does it...
In my mind the injury disabled Linzis serve and she couldn't get her footwork right...but she missed some opportunities she's had too. It was clear to me she won't be able to win this shit match in 3 becouse of injury...but I have a thought she tanked the 2nd set while Christine did only get some more balls back...She didn't believe in herself, did not believe she could win it on any point so even poor playing JHH took it away from her :(...

BMP
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Oh Lindsay oh why???!!! :crying2: You played so fabulously in the 1st set!!! You played liked a trued Number One! How come it got screwed up lately?! Everything was being screwed up in 2nd and esp. in the 3rd! Such a tremendous misfortune!!! Oh yeah...and Ju-ju resurrected... Even though she screwed 1st serve so many times, she caught her game and didn't lose her chance... She was really good. But I don't care...

Oh Lindsay... so what is gonna be now? Neither SLam, no #1... Just a QF... Could anyone think of anything worse? :sad:

Of course, maybe there are some positive things about it - maybe if Lindsay had won Slam she would have retired right away and we'd have lost her sweet self... But now I feel too bad to think about anything good... I's such a grief for me, really :crying2: My hope is dying...

But I still love Linzi and I always will. She was so cute, anyway, and she played extremely well in the 1st set today, and in the previous matches. She is amazingly pleasant to look at. :hearts: She'll always be my number one

BMP
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:11 PM
...and I think that Lindsay was out of luck to get in SUCH draw... If she had played Petrova, instead of fortune's darling - Floridian blonde, everything would have been otherwise. :( Where is the end of Lindsay's misfortune?!!! :crying2:

Frederic
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Justine is a great player but I find her and her technic quite coarse and I don't really like her. "Allez, allez allez allez..." :( to each points, that is very incorrect. If I was Lindsay, I would have said:"shut up shut up shut up, you aren't in a zoo please!!!!" :rolleyes: ... And I've not often seen such a pathetic hand shak... Justine is smart, but no comparison with Lindsay...

BMP
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:28 PM
By the way, guys, why so much fuss about "ALLEZ"? Someone of you bitched about it. Did it look like sort of insult? Can you explain what's up with that? Just wondering (I didn't pay attention to that when watching the match)

What would you suggest to do to not feel that down after today's accident? :crying2:

LethalLindsay
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM
While I am SOOOO devastated right now, and think that she said the following not to take anything away from Justine (because she is a class act!) this is the quote from the press conference..................

Davenport, a triple Grand Slam winner, has now gone 20 majors stretching back six years without lifting a trophy and was upset that she threw away the match.

"I felt like I started well, I was being consistent and was in control. There were a couple of quick games in the second where I gave points away and it gave her confidence. I slightly got away from my game plan," she said.

"I've worked really hard and to play well then slowly play worse as the match goes on is a bad feeling."

She was frustrated by an ankle injury in her earlier matches but refused to blame it for her defeat, insisting it didn't bother her Tuesday.

Her serve was appalling, I don't think she has served that bad in a match since the 2000 US Open Final......in that match it was all 2nd serves as well!!!!

fnuf7
Jan 24th, 2006, 03:42 PM
The allez thing is just Justine's 'come on' that she does to pump herself up after points or celebrate a good/important point. It's like Hewitt or Sharapova with their 'come on' and fist pumps but instead it's the french word allez.

The problem is she doesn't (or at least didn't in most of the match with Lindsay, and I've seen her do it other matches as well) she doesn't do it just to pump herself up or celebrate her own good shot or whatever, she does it whenever her opponent hits an error, double-faults, gets broken etc, any kind of point she wins in some way and Justine will allez it...and it annoys me...:fiery:

I personally consider that bad sportmanship cos it's like rubbing it thier face 'ha ha you double faulted! I got a point! haha' but I suppose it could be argued that she's just passionate/competitive and so doesn't mean to distract Linds or whatever, just can't help shouting allez all the time... :rolleyes:

santhuruu
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Well you know, even though I'm a Williams fan but also a bit a fan of Davenport, I think Lindsay will be fine. It was very unfortunate that she had that ankle injury and that she made sometimes an unforced error at the wrong moment but that happens. At least she will be soon very healthy and her ankle will be fine. I'm sure she will win a lot of tournaments this year because in my opinion her groundies are much better than last year. At least the Davenport fans are lucky to see their favorite player on television and you guys are so lucky and I'm also happy for you guys that you can see Davenport winning a lot of titles. Not every fan can say that about their favorite player unfortunately( I still hope that Serena will be fine also Venus too) but that's not your case. The thing is, Davenport will be fine and she also sounded confident during the press conference and I'm sure she'll be able to win a Slam very soon:D

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I got up for this match, and decided not to post on it until I reflected on the loss for a while. My feelings haven't changed.

The injury is not why Lindsay lost this match, and it upsets me that alot of posters in this forum are saying that it hurt her. She moved fine in this match, and contrary to what others are saying, it didn't have an effect on her serve. She served horribly, but it wasn't because she was injured and having trouble pushing off.

The first set was good from Lindsay, but Justine was playing pretty bad tennis, especially on her serve. She looked pretty down, and Lindsay really had the match at that point. But, Lindsay let Justine back in. I knew when she belted the forehand a foot wide to go down 0-1 in the second set that she wasn't winning this match. Things just went downhill from there. The second set was a lost cause, but I was very upset by what I saw in the third. Justine's level dropped from the second to third sets, and Lindsay had alot of chances. She really could have been up 5-3 in the third. But from the second set on, this was an absolutely brainless match from Lindsay. She stopped thinking on court, stopped coming to net, stopped placing her returns well, and went for stupid shots that weren't there.

This loss had nothing to do with injury. Lindsay looked like she never believed she could win. It's all mental, and it always will be. And unless she changes the way she comes into big matches, she's not going to win that slam. And Justine absolutely owns her now. Not in the way that Venus and Serena did for a while, where Lindsay would go on court and absolutely die. But Lindsay goes on court against Justine fine, and then loses belief. By the time she's midway through the match, she doesn't think she can beat her. That's a serious issue.

I'm glad that Lindsay was looking at the "positives" of the match, but there really weren't any. She hit almost 50 unforced errors, and redefined brainless tennis. She needs to learn how to play in a big match again - fast.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 24th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Well that sucks. I was actually waiting for your thought on zee match, I missed it.

I don't get why she just dies after winning a set. :sad:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 24th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Why do you say her movement was fine when people are saying she could barely move, though.

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:02 PM
People are really full of crap saying she could barely move...

When Lindsay is injured, I'm usually the first one to notice it, and to talk about. I admit, I sometimes use it too much as an excuse for her losses. But she was fine for this match, absoultely fine. Her movement was better than in both the third and fourth rounds. This match was lost in the head, not in the feet.

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Looks like Lindsay is pulling out of Tokyo. That's a real shame...the field absolutely blows, and would have probably been a really cheap tier I title.

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:09 PM
She wasn't moving well. In fact it reminded of the USO QF against Demented last year, and her serving sucked there with no injury. I still think the injury had some part.
I do agree about going for shots that weren't there though, especially with inside-out forehands and backhands that were too tough for even her to pull off. Then other times when she should've taken a rip, she didn't.
I don't see many positives either. If Justine had played extremely well and Lindsay had taken her to 3 sets on this slow court, then there might be some consolation, but Justine was not near her best, and Lindsay just wasn't opportunistic enough.

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Lindsay probably drops to #3 after Tokyo, maybe sooner.

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Looks like Lindsay is pulling out of Tokyo. That's a real shame...the field absolutely blows, and would have probably been a really cheap tier I title.
Any more good news? :lol:

GrandSlam05
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Lindsay probably drops to #3 after Tokyo, maybe sooner.
If we're going to continue to get crap draws, then let someone else have it. Seriously ridiculous.
Do you think she could get it back in the summer hardcourt swing seeing as she didn't play it last year?

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Would be easier with quality points, especially if the #1 was someone like Mauresmo.

Justine is my pick for year end #1, if she can somehow stay healthy for half of the season.

Kimmi
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:20 PM
:bigcry: I only managed to see the first set and up to 0-3 in the second before I had to leave for Uni this morning...I had to use the points tracker on the AO website when I got there - I picked it up at 2-5 in the third. With what I saw in the first set, I honsetly believed that she had a chance - I mean, I believed that she had a chance before the match began, but this made me more positive. And although JHH played bad in the first set, some of Lindsay's shots were amazing....I still can't quite believe what happened.

I have to agree with Andrew - from what I saw (bearing in mind that this wasn't much) her movement seemed fine, despite the injury. I have the match on video, but I think it might take a while before I can bring myself watch it - partially due to the fact that part of the tape is chewed because it got stuck in the machine.

Her positivity during this whole tournament has been fantastic, and it's one of the things that I really admire in her. If it carries on throughout the year, then things can only get better....only 125 days til RG :)

chewy
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
as much as i like to think n keep hearing lindsay saying she's improving mentally n staying more positive, it wasn't shown in this match where it counts the most.
she was more pumped up in her previous two matches, but i get the sense that she's only able to try this new 'come'on attitude' when she's over powering or knows she can easily stay on top of the weaker opponents.

i replay the 2005wim SF match no too long ago n i got to say thats the lindsay i want to see 24/7. she was focus, injury free, fight for every point, she wanted it so much n she ran like hell!! i love seeing that match because of all of these things n most importantly, she was victorious! that match is 99% for me, add a few more fist pump n come'ons than its perfect. :)

Robbie.
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I have to agree on the movement issue, I don't think she was really hampered at all. I'm not so sure about the serve though. She served really badly, and I can't help but think that pushing off on that left ankle had something to do with it. Her only two good serves of the match were on her final two service points, thats far from the usual, even for a bad day.

However much she was hampered by the injury, she still could have won the match if she had a held together at the right times. Even though Justine really stepped up her level in the second set, she still wasn't really making Lindsay do too much running. Lindsay was actually quite successful in playing the match on her terms I feel. Even after the first set Lindsay was probably still in control of 60-70 % of the points. It was generally a hitting match, not a running match. But it was a match notable for how many 'finishing' shots Lindsay missed. Too many for a woman who is supposed to have the most technically sound groundstrokes on the tour. Justine's slice really seemed to worry her, and for whatever reason she just wasnt up to hitting two or three really good shots to win a point after Justine found her rhythm.

As for future prospects, well as after each of the last seven slams, who knows? It's pretty clear now that LD is going to keep putting herself in a position to win these big matches, but there really has to be major doubt now that she can lift herself over the line. In 5 of her last seven GS defeats she has started like a steamroller with 6-2, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 and 6-2 sets but just hasnt been able to keep going. It's a dreadful shame. Personally, I think the only GS tournament Lindsay can win is Wimbledon, where she can keep the points short. There are just too many fast, athletic players on other surfaces who can take advantage of her lapses in big matches. If I were Lindsay I would focus on Wimbledon big time this year and if she is to come back in 2007, I'd basically build my whole year around it.

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I disagree about planning the year around Wimbledon. You never, ever, ever construct your entire year around a single tournament, especially with a player nearing the end of their career. All it takes is one bad day, and everything for not just the tournament, but the entire year, goes out the window. And mentally, you're shot.

Robbie.
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I disagree about planning the year around Wimbledon. You never, ever, ever construct your entire year around a single tournament, especially with a player nearing the end of their career. All it takes is one bad day, and everything for not just the tournament, but the entire year, goes out the window. And mentally, you're shot.

I understand your point, and it is strengthened by the fact that Lindsay isn't a player whose injuries are generally caused by overplaying, like say the moose's are.

On the other hand, maybe an all or nothing attitude is really what she needs to get herself over the line in these big tournaments. It's really the mental aspect I'm talking about, more than physcial. Clearly what she's doing at the moment is not working. And if she isn't mentally shot after the wasted chances of the last 7 GS, I don't think anything will do it. I'm not talking about completely abandoning the rest of the tour, but seriously forget the clay season altogether, including Roland Garros from now on as her prep is half arsed anyway and just practice on grass getting herself focused and in the zone. And if she wants to only play sparingly next year then even skip Australia and come back for the spring hard court tourneys.

Lindsay can go on winning 5-6 tourneys and being ranked in the top 5 for another 3 or 4 years, but its not really what she wants. It might be time to take drastic action to get it. Of course that entails risk, but it might be one she has to take.

Andrew..
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Skipping the AO is dumb. I think she has a better shot at the AO than at the US Open.

Robbie.
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Skipping the AO is dumb. I think she has a better shot at the AO than at the US Open.

Really? How so?

jacs
Jan 25th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Yeah I agree, her movement wasn't affected by the injury at all. I also agree that the defining of the match came at the start of the second when she blew that sitter forehand to lose the game. I didn't see it the player I saw earlier this week shouting "come ons" I saw someone clearly dejected.

lindsayno1
Jan 25th, 2006, 04:47 PM
hmmm no lindsay til amelia island now?

i stayed away after initially posting cos of exams and whatever.. but the australian open actually sucks now. Christine, hype, the injury faker and momo... great!

Andrew..
Jan 25th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Where did you get that she wasn't playing until AI? She's still scheduled to play Tokyo, Dubai, IW and Miami. Tokyo I see her pulling out of, Dubai, maybe, but she'll be at IW and Miami for sure.

lindsayno1
Jan 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM
i meant indian wells. I just interpreted from what she said that she wasnt playin tokyo or dubai... but maybe shes just injury focused atm

mike/topgun
Jan 25th, 2006, 09:07 PM
N' I still insist that the injury didn't help her to win this match though...she played great against SvetaK till 3-0 in 2nd set so then she could barly run - was v. lucky while went through escaping thanx to Kuzys awful errors...n in the 1/4 she didn't play anywhere close to 4th rd but still both were reaching their newest low...
I'm aware that we would like Lindsay to win it but we can't expect from her a Slam win when her body is not holding up for the big matches. It didn't hold up last year at AO(exhaustion) n at Wimby(back problem-from that point she couldn't turn to hit the ball with full swing)...
In that match Vs ze JuJu she was distracted by the injury and I think she was surprised how bad tennis Henin played in the 1st set...she wasn't going for her shots, wasn't risking and she didn't believe she could win this as we all pointed it out earlier...And I'm curious why she didn't believe...?

She's lost her n#1...so what? :lol: N# one doesn't usualy win slam as we can see... :tape:
I hope she'll stay healthy = will enjoy the game... ;)
However it's highly probable she'll pull out from Tokyo I'm waitng for an official statement from Linzi - it'd be a great loss for the event if she pulls out:(

:wavey:

LindsayRulz
Jan 26th, 2006, 02:03 AM
hmmm no lindsay til amelia island now?

i stayed away after initially posting cos of exams and whatever.. but the australian open actually sucks now. Christine, hype, the injury faker and momo... great!

I agree. The AO sucks now :retard:

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:48 AM
It sucks even more now Clijsters the ACTUALLY injured withdrew. Hello Australian Open! Wake up!!! When the world no1 AND 2 do exactly same thing because of ur courts, its time to wake up and sort it out!!!

now a christine mauresmo final... Could it suck any more!

GrandSlam05
Jan 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I think I would enjoy the final ALOT if Amelie plays well, but she'll probably choke and Justine will roll over her 2 and 2 or something. That Justine-Maria semi was awesome though! I was kinda looking forward to Justine beating the crap outta Kim though, she'll get her chance soon enough I suppose.
And Rebound Ace is eville.

jacs
Jan 27th, 2006, 02:10 AM
I actually like Amelie but I fear that she will likely choke.

lindsayno1
Jan 27th, 2006, 09:00 AM
http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/mc_vid23022.shtml

Lindsay interview

GrandSlam05
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Ugh I am even more disgusted now. Justine takes out Linds just so she can play her worst match of the tournament against Momo. Why couldn't she "get sick" 2 rounds ago? :sad:
And she could've played the last 4 games. It would've only taken 15 or 20 minutes tops. Though in retrospect I wish Lindsay had done it to SkankaVee at Wimbledon.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Ugh I am even more disgusted now. Justine takes out Linds just so she can play her worst match of the tournament against Momo. Why couldn't she "get sick" 2 rounds ago? :sad:
And she could've played the last 4 games. It would've only taken 15 or 20 minutes tops. Though in retrospect I wish Lindsay had done it to SkankaVee at Wimbledon.

I had the same thought Grand slam but I couldn't wish a default win on anyone including the Williams sisters no come to think of it maybe not the sisters. But I can't on Amelie that for sure I only caught the end of it as I was out but it seems Amelie was hitting the ball well and might have beaten Justine anyway it just horrble not knowing what turly would've happened.

Frederic
Jan 28th, 2006, 07:32 AM
That is a weird give up... Like you Lindsayfan32, I think that Amelie was simply the best and wouldn't have lost this match. Justine was playing very well in the begining, and Justine wasn't suffering... But can someone tell me what she exactly has??

lindsayno1
Jan 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM
a shoulder injury and a bad stomach.

that final blew. i watched the first three games when i got in from the pub then went to bed. Still not the best way to win a grandslam. Boooo! But well done ame

RayRob
Jan 28th, 2006, 11:23 AM
a shoulder injury and a bad stomach.

that final blew. i watched the first three games when i got in from the pub then went to bed. Still not the best way to win a grandslam. Boooo! But well done ame

:lol: Funny, I did exactly the same thing! After 3 games i went bed.

It's a shame for Amilie, because is it 3 "default" matches she has had out of 7!? I mean, this win could end up being slightly tainted because of this and that is a shame. I hope this won't be the only slam she wins or else people may keep asking the question, "well, what if you need to play 7 full matches without any defaults! Will you still be able to win?" :shrug: It's a shame but the media could end up bringing that kind of pressure again.

Well, Lindsay is out of Tokyo - so what will be next? Will she bother with Dubai or will she skip everything because she'll have to play both Indian Wells AND Miami!?

-Rache

BMP
Jan 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah! The YEC story repeated: I was such a distraught after Lindsay loss to Mary, the future finalist. Amelie was the last one of my favorites remained, so she was my last hope. And she won! Everything came out the same way at AO. I know that everyone thinks that this victory of Amelie was controversial, but I don't care. I'm happy that Amelie got it, and it was quite a consolation for me after Lindsay lost.

Anyway, I hope that this is gonna be the year of "elder women" ;) Lindsay has to capute either WImby or USO :D

Kimmi
Jan 28th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Allez Amelie! :worship:

I really want Amelie to win the French then Lindsay can win Wimbleon (please God, let Lindsay win Wimbledon!!) and the US Open.

Andrew..
Jan 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM
So, now Lindsay has gone the longest time without a major title than anyone else in the top five. Cute.

GrandSlam05
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM
So, now Lindsay has gone the longest time without a major title than anyone else in the top five. Cute.
Yep, ol' mare has her beat by a few months. I'm at the point where I don't think Lindsay can ever win one again. If she doesn't believe in herself, how can I? And whereas before she'd get to the semis or finals and tank, now it seems like the quarters is her limit. Troublesome.

lindsayno1
Jan 28th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Yep, ol' mare has her beat by a few months. I'm at the point where I don't think Lindsay can ever win one again. If she doesn't believe in herself, how can I? And whereas before she'd get to the semis or finals and tank, now it seems like the quarters is her limit. Troublesome.

What?!

This tournament showed new attitude from Lindsay!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I seriously think Lindsay could win the French Open with the current state of the tour. I mean, she has more titles on clay than almost everyone else on tour... OK, green clay, but still.

If her new coach can get some belief into her, there is no reason why she can't impose her game, and do really well.

Of course, it's all mental. Lindsay has the game to win there.

GrandSlam05
Jan 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Maybe she could go deep, but IMO she can't show up up cold like she did last year. Either she needs to 1) find a place to practice on the dirt or 2) play some warmup tournament(s)
The bright side there's not a bunch of good clay courters like there are on the men's side.

lindsayno1
Jan 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Maybe she could go deep, but IMO she can't show up up cold like she did last year. Either she needs to 1) find a place to practice on the dirt or 2) play some warmup tournament(s)
The bright side there's not a bunch of good clay courters like there are on the men's side.

I think Justine will win the French...

As much as i like Amelie, i dont think she will go on any rampage now she has a slam. She was pretty much handed it, not her fault I know, but too many players have her number

!<blocparty>!
Jan 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Lindsay probably has a better chance at RG than Amelie does.

chewy
Jan 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I seriously think Lindsay could win the French Open with the current state of the tour. I mean, she has more titles on clay than almost everyone else on tour... OK, green clay, but still.

If her new coach can get some belief into her, there is no reason why she can't impose her game, and do really well.

Of course, it's all mental. Lindsay has the game to win there.
i really wish this will come true, n i believe in lindsay too.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 29th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Grand slam there were signs during the oz open that Lindsay can win that 4th slam and maybe more. Even though thing went like crap against Justine you didn't know it in hedr body languae and demenor the whole match also I think hiring Delucia was a wise move over time I think he will get to that final slam who knows with a better draw she might win the French open and get the career slam. You just have to believe in her.

Frederic
Jan 29th, 2006, 07:41 AM
That's what I think... But I believe in Lindsay's chances to win a slam again, but it looks she doesn't believe in her chances!! I definitely think her best chances to win a slam or maybe two were first, Us Open 2004, and then Wimbledon 2005. You know, serving for the match and finally lose is such a shame!!

mike/topgun
Jan 29th, 2006, 11:53 AM
You scare me people...
Of course Linzis best chances to win a slam were in:
1) last years Wimbledon
2) Aussie Open'05
3) US Open 2004
4) 2004 Wimbledon...but against Masha it was the rain interruption, against Sveta it was thigh injury, Vs Serena she was exhausted and against Venus it was back injury.
As I remeber correctly in Melbourne against Sveta and JuJu it was the sprained ankle...Linzi got very lucky to get to the quarters.

Lindsay has still a chance to win a Slam:
1) if her draw is somewhat easier than last 3 slams,
2) if she plays her best game (like she did at Wimby last year on in 2004) and
3) most importantly if her body holds up...As we all could see the biggest problem of tennis today are the injuries...No matter what the fans say MoMo was vey lucky with those retirements in the semis and final - it reminded me Kuzys run at USO'04...but she was the strongest and healthiest of all top players in Melbourne this year, so it's not surprising she's won it at last...

Lindsay has still got the ability to win a major title...she needs some luck like Amelie's had, and she needs to be fit for gods sake:p

I am sure Lindsay believes she's able to win the 4th slam, but same time I do think she's not that confident whether her body will hold up for the big time matches - and thats the main problem, coz when she's not 100% fit she collapses mentally...but what did Justine yesterday? :rolleyes:
The tour sucks now as Kim and Hardenne are probably out for weeks. The WS are way from their best, Pierce early exit...
That means only Sharapova, Momo and maybe Martina might be the biggest threats to Lids in a couple of weeks...but wait isn't the Dav injured again?

I hope that Lindsay gets fit and mentally prepared to another GS campaign:)

*timtams*
Feb 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
beck u gonna wear ur dav shirt like when we saw u at wimbledon?! that was so funny when me and rach randomly bumped into u! :wavey: :wavey:
Hiya, Im back now!
Aus Open is proper fab in comparison to shitty wimbledon. Did not wear my fab t-shirt cos it were too hot and a little too tight (not cos i shrink stuff in the wash, but cos i bought wrong size) :fiery:
Watched a few of lindsays matches, easier to blag your way onto centre court or sneak in etc and sun bathe.
But saw Sam Stosur play quite a lot also, she is good, watch out for her in years to come, Lisa Raymond in the doubles pairing, that is a FAB teaming.
I have a tan but tis fading fast, cos it aint seen the light of day since i got back COS ITS BLOODY FREEZING.

Anyone got the Hingis 4TH Round match on tape cos i would interested in a copy if possible.

Back to reality now, crap work and crap weather.
Will go again next year. Have to settle for CRAP WIMBLEDON for now. xx beckl :bounce:
Is it too early to start a 'who's going to wimby' thread?