PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay at the Australian Open.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Frederic
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:05 PM
http://tv.net9.org/files/feidian.exe

Install this software, it's peer to peer so the more people watching the better the pictue quality!

Aus Open coverage will be on StarSports, not CCTV-5.

Install the software, when it's running it'll ask what channel you want. StarSports is in strange symbols on the list so just open any channel. when you've done that there should be a little icon in your botton right tool tray on your computer screen. it looks a bit like a TV. right click on it, roll onto "select channel" then click on StarSports.

I've been watching federer/safin rerun from last year. Quality is excellent but buffers a few times. though its annoying, it's not unwatchable.

Try it!

-Rache
Well, it's annoying!! Starsports doesn't work anymore!! Are the matches broadcasted on other channels??

joaco
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I liked what Lindsay said of her new coach that she was changing some shots on court and specially the part where she said she was working on what to THINK on court, things really deep that she hadn't work for years. I believe right there we've got the change guys. GO FOR IT LINZ

Kimmi
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Cool story :D Thanks for sharing.....I wonder how Delucia is pronounced? I don't even know if I spell it right....:confused:

So far I have heard "Dee-loo-chee-ah" and "Dee-loo-see-ah". Depends if it's Italian or Spanish origin...I dunno, that didn't really help, huh? *Doh* :lol:

Lindsayfan
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:49 PM
DiLucia is a common surname in Italy but I dont know whether it is common in Spain too. if it's italian, you should pronounce it 'dee-loo-chee-ah'.

dav abu
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:27 PM
how do everyone feel about the Sprem match? I'm a little nervous I have to say, but I'm like this before every single match she ever plays. Will it be a facile, routine victory or could Sprem cause problems?

Frederic
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Come on Lindsay! :woohoo: First on Vodafone tonight....I wonder who will show it. Eurosport or starSports? At least I have both to chose from now!

-Rache[/QUOTE]
Starsports doesn't work anymore on internet via the program you advised... But yes, Lindsay will play the first on Vodafone arena... and international eurosport will show it!! I expect a much better match than the first on. Sprem is a hard hitter and Lindsay likes playing against that kind of players... I just hope a double baggle!!!! :lol: GO Lindsay!!!

Andrew..
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:58 PM
how do everyone feel about the Sprem match? I'm a little nervous I have to say, but I'm like this before every single match she ever plays. Will it be a facile, routine victory or could Sprem cause problems?
Well, it's Sprem. She's amazing when on, but she hasn't been in that form in over a year. Even when playing very well, Lindsay would have to really help her to a win.

alfonsojose
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I'm worried about this one :rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
It all should depend on how Linzi serves, coz if she serves well she'll handle Karolina pretty easily. In my mind Dav likes to play against Sprem and it's going to be a far better match than the first one.It can be tough if Lindsays serve crap. Though you'd never know what the hell they're going to play untill you see the match;)
I'd like Karolina to play well enough to force Lindsay to do better than against Dellaqua:p
I see it now as Linzi advances;) still in str8, but after a hard fought battle. It'd surely give her some more 'matchplay confidence' before potential clash with SvetaK and JHH.
I'm watching it 4 sure:)

GrandSlam05
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:34 PM
So are they not showing Davenport/Sprem match on Espn? I looked at the online listings and it looks like their night coverage is giving Ree/Pin, no mention of Lindsay. This is ridiculous, and the Tennis Channel is not even available in my area.
And BTW, I had NEVER seen Hingis play before except part of a WTT match so I watch her first ever WTA match this morning before work. She's awesome!

lindsayno1
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:46 PM
hingis is amazing..just needs to watch her mouth sometimes. I hope she goes far. Although I want Mahree too as well... but yeh cant wait for their 4th round clash if they both get tehre!

Elldee
Jan 17th, 2006, 11:13 PM
hingis is amazing..just needs to watch her mouth sometimes. I hope she goes far. Although I want Mahree too as well... but yeh cant wait for their 4th round clash if they both get tehre!
Third round. It's blatantly gonna happen.

RayRob
Jan 17th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Well, it's annoying!! Starsports doesn't work anymore!! Are the matches broadcasted on other channels??

hey. Try this one http://www.tennisdvd.org/Videos/viviplay.exe same priciple, different desktop programme. you should be able to "right click" and then "save target as...." I saved mine on the desk top so that when I double click, it connects straight away.

If the above link doesn't work, go to: http://www.tennisdvd.org/ If you scroll down about half way the link is to the left under a screen cap of the system screen. I think it's called "TVKoo" and it's better than the other one. Yesturday, there were 153 users watching the tennis on StarSports, so the picture was great and hardly buffered!

-Rache

RayRob
Jan 17th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Third round. It's blatantly gonna happen.

And I can't wait! Hingis was a master out ther today. I look forward to a match-up from the "good ol' days" one day: Davenport vs Hingis.....memories. :p

:lol: @ Grand Slam 05 - you make me feel old by you not having seen Hingis play on tour before....and that scares me. You either got into tennis late or you're still fairly young now ;)

-Rache

Ty-Ty
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Lindsay and Karolina are now on court.

fnuf7
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Assuming all goes to plan :) What day would a Martina - Lindsay match be? Would it be Friday? Cos then that'd be Thursday night in the UK right? Which would be excellent cos then I'd be able to stay up and watch cos my exams will be over by then! :bounce:

Would love to rekindle old memories with a Hingis v Davenport match!! :cool:

foreva lindsay
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Lets go Lindsay Lets go!!!

Ty-Ty
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Assuming all goes to plan :) What day would a Martina - Lindsay match be? Would it be Friday? Cos then that'd be Thursday night in the UK right? Which would be excellent cos then I'd be able to stay up and watch cos my exams will be over by then! :bounce:

Would love to rekindle old memories with a Hingis v Davenport match!! :cool:

A Martina - Lindsay match would be the final if they played.

Karolina is wearing a pregnant lady dress. :tape:

fnuf7
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:22 AM
A Martina - Lindsay match would be the final if they played.

Karolina is wearing a pregnant lady dress. :tape:

Ah even better!!! The final! :bounce: Woo! But won't get carried away yet ;)

Come on Lindsay! :bounce: Have a good game whilst I sleep, hopefully I can wake up tomorrow morning and find she's won and then have a good exam! :)

Ty-Ty
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Lindsay is missing some easy shots. Hitting the ball fairly well. Serving very well other than a few missed serves.

There are a lot of Croats here.

Ty-Ty
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Sprem playing really well. Not looking too great. Lindsay's serving well, hopefully it will carry into the tiebreak.

Ty-Ty
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:03 AM
I'M LOVIN' THIS.

Fist pump when she hits a winner for a set point. Fist pump when she hits a winner for the set. She's not getting down on herself .. I'm lovin' this.

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:09 AM
I'M LOVIN' THIS.

Fist pump when she hits a winner for a set point. Fist pump when she hits a winner for the set. She's not getting down on herself .. I'm lovin' this.

Yeah. Not loving the way Lindsay's playing but the two fist pumps are great! First bringing up set point and the second one with winning set point. I'm sure she even shouted "yes!" too.

Sprem playing great but Lindsay not so great ATM.

-Rache

PS. Sprem and the dress :eek: don't like it!

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:10 AM
oh, and what's with the serve!?

Right, I'm going beck to watch it now...

Andrew..
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Yay. Finally breaks.

What went on. I've been out.

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Serve not been too great but second set it's improved! So far I've counted 3 fist pumps, 1 "YES!" and 1 "Come on" after that game where she broke at 2-all in the seoncd.

It's a very possitive vocal Lindsay that has come to aus :D

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Also, Forehand has been dreadful - that coupled with the fact that Sprem is playing asesome....and I'm not exaggerating!

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Croat fans did my head in in the first set.... GRRRR very nosey between 1st & 2nd serve!

Kelly
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:38 AM
no ur not exagerating....put it this way andrew..if she played like this against henin in the possible qtr's i would be very very very worried.

Kelly
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:40 AM
YES!!! finally...that could have been a tricky situation.

3rd round here we come!

Andrew..
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Lindsay never plays well in the 2r here, so it's not really that shocking that she struggled.

Ty-Ty
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I think it was a decent performance, considering that Sprem was playing well, at times.

The attitude is what gives me hope. If she can do that against Justine, it would help her so much. And this was when she wasn't even playing her best.

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Phew. i breathed a sigh of relief. ES didn't show the interview this time :(

From 3-2 in the first set when Sprem broke back, I started getting very nervous! In fact I haven't been that nervous since my first professional job interview and not that nervous during a tennis match since Lindsay saved 4 match points against Mary at US Open 1999!

Lindsay didn't play Grand Slam winning tennis. Serve was a bit off in the first set (it was here, then it was there) was a bit more with her in the second. Forehand was horrible until 2-1 in the second. Movement is poor but then i think that was because Sprem got Lindsay on the defencive through out the match so credit has to go to Sprem for that.

Sprem really did play great! It was inspired tennis and showed much of her form from 2004. I was amazed at how sometimes she made Lindsay look like a Wild Card.....as worrying as that sounds. (OK, so I'm exaggerating there ;) )

Possitive aspect is, like at RG05 (whether this is a good thing of bad, I don't know) Lindsay was able to win ugly. I'm not sure how she pulled that tiebreak out, maybe it's because Sprem didn't use her secret weapon today ;)

Also, Lindsay being very vocal, not in an annoying mumbling way but in an encouraging herself way. three fist pumps, one shout of "yes" and a "come on" all add to the greatness and suprise of new Davenport. I like this new aspect of her. Instead of winning silently (with lack of entusiasm), Lindsay is winning vocally with great enthusiasm!

If Lindsay's going to meet a higher ranked opponant than Sprem next, Lindsay's gotta pick up her winning game.

Come on Lindsay!

-Rache

Solitaire
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I just loved the fact that Linds gave some "Come Ons". I really like it when she gets fired up. Sprem played well all do credit to her. Tho Linds was def not at her best in this match.

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Also, those Eurosport watchers, did you notice Frew McMillan's crappy error!? There was a view of Lindsay's crew (though I didn't see Dilucia), mum on the left, guy in the middle (not Dilucia, at least I don't think so) then Lindsay's physical theropist (?) - you know, the lady with the brown hair.....well, Mr McMillan said, "That's Lindsay's mum on the left and on the right, Lindsay's friend and doubles partner, Corina Morariu". I'm like :confused: "What the heck are you talking about!? How much do they pay you for talking crap!?".

OK, so he was wrong on two accounts, because this year (even if it was Corina that was there - which I know it wasn't) she isn't Lindsay's doubles partner. What a pillock!

-Rache

Andrew..
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Phew. i breathed a sigh of relief. ES didn't show the interview this time :(

From 3-2 in the first set when Sprem broke back, I started getting very nervous! In fact I haven't been that nervous since my first professional job interview and not that nervous during a tennis match since Lindsay saved 4 match points against Mary at US Open 1999!

Lindsay didn't play Grand Slam winning tennis. Serve was a bit off in the first set (it was here, then it was there) was a bit more with her in the second. Forehand was horrible until 2-1 in the second. Movement is poor but then i think that was because Sprem got Lindsay on the defencive through out the match so credit has to go to Sprem for that.

Sprem really did play great! It was inspired tennis and showed much of her form from 2004. I was amazed at how sometimes she made Lindsay look like a Wild Card.....as worrying as that sounds. (OK, so I'm exaggerating there ;) )

Possitive aspect is, like at RG05 (whether this is a good thing of bad, I don't know) Lindsay was able to win ugly. I'm not sure how she pulled that tiebreak out, maybe it's because Sprem didn't use her secret weapon today ;)

Also, Lindsay being very vocal, not in an annoying mumbling way but in an encouraging herself way. three fist pumps, one shout of "yes" and a "come on" all add to the greatness and suprise of new Davenport. I like this new aspect of her. Instead of winning silently (with lack of entusiasm), Lindsay is winning vocally with great enthusiasm!

If Lindsay's going to meet a higher ranked opponant than Sprem next, Lindsay's gotta pick up her winning game.

Come on Lindsay!

-Rache
Lindsay saved two MPs against Pierce at the US Open, I thought.

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:12 AM

:shrug: if it was two, it felt like four ;)

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:21 AM

You are right! I just double checked. I think like the game of "whispers" goes the story changes as time goes on.....for me, in my mind it became 4 MP's to add to the drama ;)

Thanks for correcting me :D

-Rache

jacs
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:21 AM
That "come on" after that game was a delight. :)

chewy
Jan 18th, 2006, 04:22 AM
I just loved the fact that Linds gave some "Come Ons". I really like it when she gets fired up. Sprem played well all do credit to her. Tho Linds was def not at her best in this match.
yeah i pick those up aswell, wasnt 100% sure i heard right the first time :lol:
i rewind the tape just to be sure, love her attitude n those fist pumps! :devil:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 18th, 2006, 04:31 AM
I saw the first set of Chrstine match and she was playing worse than Lindsay so is there is some hope yet. Lindsay was missing the lines by inches chrstine was missing 3 to 4 feet over the baseline and Lindsay did rain the uf errors in in the second set it wasn't her best by a long shot but this time last year Sprem was a top 20 player and she better than her 66 ranking. Christine was stuggling against a srub who does nothing but return the ball back and only won the first set 7-6 and didn't do much to win it.

Andrew not shit Lindsay struggles in the 2nd round I was glad to see it go in straight sets this time and was glad I could watch it.

lindsayno1
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Ok just watched the match. I dont stay up unless its perceived as exciting as I have exams.

im LOVING the positivity. 3 fist pumps, and a YES! And its only the second round! No slumped shoulders and head anymore either. Serving was a lot better this time. She cut down on the double faults and upped the aces.

Forehand left a lot to be desired, but its only the second round, so who cares. Some lazy backhand shots too...but on the flip side she produced some amazing returns of serves off both sides which were winners deep into the back corner of the court.

Think her movement could have been better, but I think K-lina was underestimated. She played 2004 style tennis today and gave Lindsay a taste of her own medicine. Credit is due to K-lina! Although is she developing a grunt like 'hype'..sorry Sharapova?! I think movement will come to Lindsay further on in the comp. Its 2nd round..so she doesnt wanna work hard.

Saw Christine had a similar scoreline and played poop. Kuzzy went to 3 sets and Maria is playing now. Not watching cos I dont care about her.

On another note...WHAT THE HELL IS WITH EUROSHIT COMMENTATORS!!

Rache I saw/heard the comment about Corina. I was like 'so shes mutated into her physio trainer woman!' lmao!
When it got to 3-3 I wanted to smack the telly cos of the garbage they were talking. 'This performance is much worse than the great performance Davenport produced in the first round!' 'Shes sloppy and error stricken'. I was like 'HELLO! Are you watching the same match as us?! Yeah shes been broken but *if memory serves me correctly* shes just had 2 love service games with a couple of aces! This opening IS better than the first round.
The comment about her movement being crap annoyed me as well. 'This isnt good movement and this will pave the way for the rest of the tournament'. 2 mins later she started serving well again and they were like 'and even if Davenports in trouble she has the ability to shift the momentum in a flash'....Not contradicting yourself there in any way guys!

So do we have Krilenko next?

lindsayno1
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Interview from sprem match

L. DAVENPORT/K. Sprem

7‑6, 6‑3

Q. That looked nice and competitive?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it was a really tough match. I knew she had definitely the ability to play really well and be dangerous, and that was the best that she's played against me. I think I played her three previous times.

But really tough. I felt like I was hitting the ball well, just not quite hitting my spots. So really tough match to pull out. But was able to play well when I needed to and, you know, get through a tough opponent early on.

Q. It looked like you needed a bit more aggressiveness to get on top of her?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, being the second match of the year, and she hits the ball quite hard a couple times, maybe was just caught a little off guard.

But the more aggressive I could be, I felt like the match was in my favor. But a couple times I just missed a few balls, and the balls were flying. It was a little bit quicker than I was ready for.

So, you know, made a few errors but was made to work very hard to win and was happy I was able to come through and do some things well.

Q. Is it better for your preparation to have a nice tough match like that that goes over an hour and you have to defend and it's in, you know, reasonably warm conditions?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think it was great for me. I think that I was able to come through not playing perfect tennis but I still thought I did some things well. I thought she played really well and didn't give me tons of opportunities. She served well and would take advantage when I didn't hit a good shot. And I think everything about the match was a positive for me.

Q. How were you feeling when you came through that first set? Was that a rare fist pump?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, it was good. I knew that I needed to play well this match. And I knew whatever her ranking is now or however she's played over the last few months, I knew she had the ability to play really well, and I wanted to come through that first set. After being down in the tiebreaker, to come back and play ‑‑ construct a few really good points, it was very key to get out of that first set and make sure that didn't let her get a lead with the first set.

Q. What did you think of Martina's match last night?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You know, I was at dinner. When I came back, it was like 6‑1, 4‑1.

You know, as long as she's winning, I'm sure I'll get a chance to see her play. Everything that I heard in the last like three games I saw, she looked like she played really well. She's always played well in Australia. Her record and history here is very good. It's great she's feeling good and playing well.

Q. Do you buy into the idea that power issue is going to be a problem for her or do you think there's a way around it?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: She always found a way around it before. People have always kind of said that about her. More than anything, the girl finds a way to win and finds a way to get her opponent uncomfortable. I'm sure she has a way to negate power still. We'll see. I mean, you know, she gets through to play Mary, that will be really, really an interesting match and another great test for the other players and the fans to see exactly where Martina is at. Sometimes we have a difference in level between top 10 and then 10 through 20 and 20 through whatever, but so far she's been playing excellent.

Q. Going back a few years, can you just talk about the process you sort of went through in solving her game.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Uhm, yeah (laughing). I mean, back then, I mean, you had to make her feel bad about her second serve because it was the first shot you would get and a shot you could definitely take advantage of. She seemed to, if you could attack that, lose more and more confidence on it.

Her strategy with me was always to try to get me moving and try to get the first hit. I just found that going for my shots and keeping them deep and not letting her kind of move in, in through the court, always helped me play her. But, I mean, you had to serve well and hold and really attack her second serve.

Q. I know you only saw a couple games last night. What did you think of her second serve, what you did see?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Easy to hit good second serves up a set and 4‑1. We'll see against the better players who are taking advantage of it early on. But, I mean, having said that, Vera is a really good player. Obviously in the beginning of the match she was feeling confident and holding serve.

That was a shot at 4‑All or 5‑All that you know that it was just going to get in. Saying that, too, a lot of times with her first serve, she would just try and get it in. We'll see when it's a big point if she's able to come up with the big serves, which she might be able to.

Q. The end of that first set, it was 3‑1, she's serving in the breaker, has a little momentum at that point. Were you ever really concerned? Do you have a reservoir of confidence from having played her before?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: That was the thing. Like I felt ‑‑ I felt good. I mean, I felt within myself. I felt like I was hitting the ball well. I felt like I was just missing some of them. So I wasn't panicked and I wasn't uptight about anything. I had some confidence that, you know, hopefully she'd make a few errors. And she did give me that double‑fault to get the break back in the tiebreak. I mean, I was serving well. I was, like I said, feeling the ball well. I didn't feel panicked.

But I didn't want her to get that first set, and was happy from the last few points I hit ‑‑ played well and played contained tennis. You know, any time someone wins a first set, they obviously can play with a lot more confidence in the second set, where it's a much more uphill battle for her if I can pull out that first set not playing my best. So when I got that set under my belt, I felt a lot better about stuff.

Nikki
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Glad she was able to win this in 2 sets. First she struggled but managed to turn it round. Her serve seems to be working well.

Go Lindsay:)

sweet_angel23
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:35 AM
that was a good game..:worship: I enjoyed it.
i was there in the front row. ;) it was a good view and i was sitting with two big fans of her, so we were cheering but i did most of the shoutings..:lol: did anyone here my crap voice?:haha:lmao.
anyway, Lindsay was great, but it was nerve racking when Sprem was really keeping up on the score board. the first set was tough. Lindsay was getting a bit angry when she had double faults but the fist pumps were great! Did anyone see K.Sprem's fans? :tape: Did they show them?!? UUGGHH!! :o they're annoying! :( at first, they're alright cuz they were just cheering but they keep on distracting Lindsay when it was her time to serve. the umpire shoosh them up, saying "pls be quiet between service!!" No one in LD's fans did that when Sprem was serving..did anyone here the 'quack quack' at the end?? some guy from the K.Sprem's fans shouted 'quack quack' when Lindsay served for the win :fiery: but what was Lindsay's reply??? slaps you in the face and win the game!! that's what you get when you disrespect Davenport - VICTORY!! :worship:

lindsayno1
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Quack Quack?! Thats awful!

Elldee
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Kirilenko struggled in her match today and was trashed by Petrova in Auckland so it would seem we're in for an easier third round but nothing's garunteed. Fingers crossed.

Andrew..
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM
That's a very positive interview from Lindsay. I really hope that attitude appears in her later matches.

RayRob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Did anyone see K.Sprem's fans? :tape: Did they show them?!? UUGGHH!! :o they're annoying! :( at first, they're alright cuz they were just cheering but they keep on distracting Lindsay when it was her time to serve. the umpire shoosh them up, saying "pls be quiet between service!!" No one in LD's fans did that when Sprem was serving..did anyone here the 'quack quack' at the end?? some guy from the K.Sprem's fans shouted 'quack quack' when Lindsay served for the win :fiery: but what was Lindsay's reply??? slaps you in the face and win the game!! that's what you get when you disrespect Davenport - VICTORY!! :worship:

Didn't really show them on TV. But i heard loud cheers at the beginning when Lindsay missed, then chanting at the end of the game. I'm like, :confused: "What?! What's going on? K-Lina has fans?" (:lol: Just kidding, I quite like Sprem ;) ) But to be honest I was amazed at the magnitude of people supporting Sprem. It was fun at first, but then it got very annoying!

Between Lindsay's serves they would cheer because Lindsay missed a serve. One point I thought, "AAARRR, in your face!" was when Lindsay threw up her toss and someone did a high-pitched wistle (I think lindsay's second service game). Didn't put Lindsay off (as I'm sure was the intention), she hit the ace out wide and Sprem was standing there in the hope for a "let". I think the umpire was fully aware that the fan intended on putting Lindsay off, so let the ace stand.

Umpires should do that more - that'll teach the fans! :lol:

-Rache

Frederic
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM
hey. Try this one http://www.tennisdvd.org/Videos/viviplay.exe same priciple, different desktop programme. you should be able to "right click" and then "save target as...." I saved mine on the desk top so that when I double click, it connects straight away.

If the above link doesn't work, go to: http://www.tennisdvd.org/ If you scroll down about half way the link is to the left under a screen cap of the system screen. I think it's called "TVKoo" and it's better than the other one. Yesturday, there were 153 users watching the tennis on StarSports, so the picture was great and hardly buffered!

-Rache
Thanks a lot Rache!!! It works out soooo well!!! Thank you so much!! :worship:

mike/topgun
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I really hoped for a good tough match but stil a str8 sets victory for Linds...and it was indeed. Karolina played like in 2004 against Venus:p
Very happy with the way she served through out and those fist pumps and 'come one/yes' after she won the big points...very promissing. This looks like a new, eager, determined Lindsay openly showing her positive emotions;)
Fairly promissing...:)

foreva lindsay
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM
well she got there in the end and thats all that counts

yay lindsay :bounce:

Robbie.
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I was there and it wasnt very pretty. Her serve really saved her, and that is a big positive to take out of the match. When she gets into the later rounds against players who is hit as hard as her but run faster, the serve is going to be crucial.

GrandSlam05
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:14 AM
I didn't know ESPN was gonna re-air the Sprem match today so I didn't set the Tivo this morning. Fuck! Is she playing Friday night or day?

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
wow mahree is out! how did she lose to Benesova?!

Lindsayfan32
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Ok just watched the match. I dont stay up unless its perceived as exciting as I have exams.

im LOVING the positivity. 3 fist pumps, and a YES! And its only the second round! No slumped shoulders and head anymore either. Serving was a lot better this time. She cut down on the double faults and upped the aces.

Forehand left a lot to be desired, but its only the second round, so who cares. Some lazy backhand shots too...but on the flip side she produced some amazing returns of serves off both sides which were winners deep into the back corner of the court.

Think her movement could have been better, but I think K-lina was underestimated. She played 2004 style tennis today and gave Lindsay a taste of her own medicine. Credit is due to K-lina! Although is she developing a grunt like 'hype'..sorry Sharapova?! I think movement will come to Lindsay further on in the comp. Its 2nd round..so she doesnt wanna work hard.

Saw Christine had a similar scoreline and played poop. Kuzzy went to 3 sets and Maria is playing now. Not watching cos I dont care about her.

On another note...WHAT THE HELL IS WITH EUROSHIT COMMENTATORS!!

Rache I saw/heard the comment about Corina. I was like 'so shes mutated into her physio trainer woman!' lmao!
When it got to 3-3 I wanted to smack the telly cos of the garbage they were talking. 'This performance is much worse than the great performance Davenport produced in the first round!' 'Shes sloppy and error stricken'. I was like 'HELLO! Are you watching the same match as us?! Yeah shes been broken but *if memory serves me correctly* shes just had 2 love service games with a couple of aces! This opening IS better than the first round.
The comment about her movement being crap annoyed me as well. 'This isnt good movement and this will pave the way for the rest of the tournament'. 2 mins later she started serving well again and they were like 'and even if Davenports in trouble she has the ability to shift the momentum in a flash'....Not contradicting yourself there in any way guys!

So do we have Krilenko next?

Yes we do and the crappy commintator thing must be catchy. Lindsay has played two morning matches and we have had to listen to John Barret's dribble both times. So Lindsay has had a slow start its the middle and end that counts and kept on with the same crap in during the sprem match yesterday. I hope Tracey Austin and Alicia commintate Lindsay match tommorw or we might have tv left. Totally love what the new coach is getting her to do too.

RayRob
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well, Lindsay is third on Rod Laver after Maria, then Andy. I'd say it's going to be about 4am CET though it could be a bit later.

This moring, I woke up at three different times to try and catch some of hingis' match. I woke at 5am, wasn't on so i went sleep, then woke at 7.30am, went back sleep and finally woke up and stayed up at 8.45am. Managed to catch that match in drips and draps as ES did.

I hope i don't have to go through that with Lindsay's match tonight - I'll be dead!

one thing I do hate about Eurosport, is that it doesn't stick with one match. I suppose it's good in a way if they weren't showing Lindsay match, but some other one then chopped over to Lindsay's a bit. But if it's a match I want to see and they chop over to another match, it really winds me up!

That happened this morning, i think i managed to record 7 games of the hingis match so pretty much just half of the match. They better not do that on Lindsay's match! At least I have the star Sports alternative though!

I'll look forward to waking at 4am.....:rolleyes:

-Rache :wavey:

mike/topgun
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:12 AM
So in the bottom half all the way open for Martina till the quarters coz Mahryy was defeated 6/3,7/5 by Iveta Benesova...Pierce played not as well as in YEC semi against Lindsay thats for sure, but she served quite good and then made 41 UE along with 30 winners.Benesova took advantage of Marys errors and played smart game to make her opponent run. Clijsters through but still far from impressing performance against Chinas Meng Yuan (48 UE,19 winners) and she had to fight with pain.
I think Lindsays form is not top yet but she found the way to win in str8 in 2nd rd down under against a tough opponent...I don't remember when Linzi won in str8 sets in 2nd rd there...wait was it in memorable 2000 when through the whole tounament Dav didn't look impressive until 6/1, 7/5 win in the final over Hingis:p
Lindsays match should start about 14 - 15 pm Melbourne time...it's going to be a tough one as well :bounce:

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:40 AM
i think she will trounce kirilenko personally. Shes a bit hyped at the mo. Her game isnt 'quite' good enough to cause major damage yet. I sat 6-3 6-3

Solitaire
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Maria K has some game and I wouldn't take her lightly. But I do think at this stage Linds should be able to handle her in str8's.

Frederic
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Really positive attitude from Lindsay, especially the "come on" she shouted... Come on Lindsay!!!!

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Maria K has some game and I wouldn't take her lightly. But I do think at this stage Linds should be able to handle her in str8's.

thats what i basically said. yeah shes good but not good enough at this moment in time

Elldee
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM
After reading all the Mary fans 'I think Mary'll double bagel her' type posts, I am never going to make assumptions or be overconfident again. Good luck, the Davster.

Lindz Rulez
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Thats exactly how i feel now. This AO is really unpredictable.

Kelly
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
well RLA has a pretty good line up so im thinking they will stick with that. they have so far shown all marias, andys and lindsays matches so i think it will stay on there and maybe flick to the other courts at the end of teh sets like it has been doing. heres hoping for 2 straight set wins b4 lindsay....im not the patient type lol

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
lmao! what was it we were cursing over before? It was some night match at the uso maybe?

candystripe
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Come on Lindsay!!!. You can Do it. I think she is really focused for the AO

dav abu
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
With so many seeds falling and both Mary and Venus crashing out not even a third round clash can be rated easy. I think Lindsay will win in two close sets but it could be a struggle.

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:40 PM
lol some people need to take some of the positivity medicine lindsays been on recently!

Lindsayfan32
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Lindsay's 3rd round is the last match of the day on centre court.

GrandSlam05
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Awesome day of Tv tennis. Martina then Linds!

Lindz Rulez
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:48 PM
lol some people need to take some of the positivity medicine lindsays been on recently!

Yes i would love some of what Lindsays on!!! :lol:
Dya Know where i can find it?? ;)

RayRob
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I think I've decided to wake up at 4am for this. If it's not on, I will sleep and wake up in hourly intervals (depending on how close the match prior is to finishing). I'm pretty sure that Eurosport will stick with Lindsay's match, nothing much good to see on the other courts.

hopefully, i won't be as nervous as I was during the last match - might get to bed soon.

-Rache

sweet_angel23
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Dya Know where i can find it?? ;)

Di Lucia's bag..:haha: :lol:

im not going to the tennis todaY..i need a break..lol
come on Lindsay!!!

Andrew..
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Lindsay served two double faults in a row to lose serve.

GrandSlam05
Jan 20th, 2006, 04:58 AM
ick, now a 3rd set. This is way too close for comfort.

Kelly
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:05 AM
maybe lindsay should have played sydney and some matches under her belt...cos she needs to improve alot....i am not enjoying this match at all....and it seems grumpy lindsay is coming back lol...come on lindsay remember the fistpumps and yeahs!!

chewy
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:06 AM
m.k is playing pretty solid tennis on 13ue's with 20 winners, lindsay already made 32!
n m.k is serving first in the final set...

come'on lindsay! fight!!

Kelly
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:09 AM
lindsay broke!!

come on lindsay---finish it off

chewy
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:10 AM
maybe lindsay should have played sydney and some matches under her belt...cos she needs to improve alot....i am not enjoying this match at all....and it seems grumpy lindsay is coming back lol...come on lindsay remember the fistpumps and yeahs!!
i think i did hear one positive come'on..but alot more negative body lang this time

GrandSlam05
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:12 AM
consolidated the break! That's what the bitch gets for trying to drop-shot LIndsay LOL

Kelly
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:20 AM
finally eurocrap put the match back on...how dare they interupt my match to show christine.

chewy
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:28 AM
another come'on from lindsay!!! woohoo

Solitaire
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:29 AM
another come'on from lindsay!!! woohoo

Yea oh I saw that too. It's great and I love it!! Oh boy she just gave another. Miss Linds is in flow.

GrandSlam05
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Yea oh I saw that too. It's great and I love it!! Oh boy she just gave another. Miss Linds is in flow.
I loved it too! After those two big forehands!

Kelly
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:34 AM
c'mon liiindsay!!!!

Solitaire
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Alright now Linds is letting Maria back in this, Come on linds close her out.

Solitaire
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I love it how almost no one in the crowd is cheering for Linds :rolleyes:

chewy
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:43 AM
yeah!!! she broke back...love the last point for 5-2

Solitaire
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Now she just needs to keep focus and close this one out , no silly UE!

GrandSlam05
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Phew, thru to R16. She has really had a couple of tough opponents already.

chewy
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:51 AM
congrats lindsay!

nxt match will be tough, she must take out those UE's

Solitaire
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Not the best match from Linds but all due credit to Maria she played well. Str8 sets would have been nice tho I think it was a good test for Linds. It shows she's still hanging tough and willing to fight things out.

All of these "Come Ons" are making me gitty. :D Linds saying the wind was getting to her a little bit in this match. So cute in her interview.

bis2806
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Oh I saw that interview too, and she was soooo cute :hearts: She said she didn't want to take the official 10-minute break, but went in to just change and was told they'd get from the locker room. But after she changed, she said she kept waiting for the person to come and when no one did, she decided to take advantage of the 10 min break :lol: She was so adorable when she giggled while saying this! Also, they mentioned Jon is flying over now that Lindsay is through to the second week of this slam. :D Whee....

Lindsayfan32
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:48 AM
She's not quite in the second week just yet unless Sunday is considered the second week. This match was way too much exitement for my liking and I am just glad I can watch the matches at sane hours. I just hope Lindsay doesn't play her 4th round at night as there is going to be night matches on the middle Sunday for the first time if memory serves me correctly I don't want a late night before working the next day. . It hasn't been an easy road for Lindsay and she not at her best but I'm proud of fight she showing and replacing Adam with David seems to ber great decision I thought she was mad at first but she's making be a beliver.

jacs
Jan 20th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Noooooo! No Jon! No Jon! No Jon!

Nikki
Jan 20th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Not a bad win considering the conditions, although I didn;t see the match just read the reports:)

She seems to have more fight this year, hopefully it will carry on.

lindsayno1
Jan 20th, 2006, 08:59 AM
NO!!! Jon cant go!!!! Hes bad luck!

SO how was the match? i was in bed. And whats this about an ankle injury?!

sweet_angel23
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:35 AM
NO!!! Jon cant go!!!! Hes bad luck!

how come?? wouldn't he be an inspiration to Lindz?? :confused:
i didn't get to see the 3rd set as i was at work but my mom recorded it..lucky i have scoreboard on my fone.. :)
we have Sveta next, dya think it would tough?? :confused:
Come on Lindsay!! Kick some butt!! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:34 AM
me and rayrob saw lindsay play sveta at wimbledon in 05 from the second row. Lindsay owns sveta now.

And how can u not know about the Jon thing?! I thought that was a well known assumption/joke now!

Frederic
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:37 AM
How was the match? I didn't see it, and it's hard for me to wake up at 2 or 3am just to check weather Lindsay is playing or not... What about the ankle injury?? And next round, Svetlana... Well, Lindsay needs to play better this time, she has the mental strength now, but her shots are a little bit average, good serve from what I've seen (the 2 first matches), great mouvements, but too much unforced errors... She needs to rise her game and I'm sure she's gonna do it as she is full of goodwill, that is very important... Come on Lindsay!!!!!!!!!!

sweet_angel23
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
me and rayrob saw lindsay play sveta at wimbledon in 05 from the second row. Lindsay owns sveta now.

And how can u not know about the Jon thing?! I thought that was a well known assumption/joke now!

oh! my bad..:haha: so how he became a bud luck?? was it when he was at wimby05?

i would love to meet someone from TOP cuz all the Lindsay fan i met at AO haven't heard of TOP before...well, i was hoping to see lindsayforever but her fone is always dead when i tried to call her..

lindsayno1
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Whenever he shows up generally. i cant believe u dont know of this long standing joke!

it wont look right in the players box now! Fit adam and jon sitting together chewing the gum along with Ann!!!

sweet_angel23
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Whenever he shows up generally. i cant believe u dont know of this long standing joke!

it wont look right in the players box now! Fit adam and jon sitting together chewing the gum along with Ann!!!

ooowww ok..now i know... :lol:

chewy
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM
i think lindsay will bring whoever makes her happy n comfortable. :)
this jon thing is only an urban legend... :p

dav abu
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Lindsay will have to up her performance to get past Sveta. I saw them playing at Wimbledon too but Lindsay was in great form having just beaten Kim, this time it won't be so clear cut. Serena is another big name to fall so shocks are happening. One thing we do know now is that Lindsay will fight tooth and nail to stay in this tournament.

RayRob
Jan 20th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I missed the first set, as at 4.30am, i continually heard Lindsay's name....thought I was dreaming that i was at the AO but then I realised that my TV had come on from the timer (I should have stayed asleep believing i was at the match ;) ). I didn't realise a set had gone by the time I woke up. My eyes were blurry and i though, "Oh no! she's down in the first set" (I thought it had not long started). I went to the loo and the second (though I still thought it was the first set) was almost over. I began to get nervous again, when my eyes managed to focus to see that Lindsay already had a set under her belt - i was able to breath a sigh of relief ;)

Kirilenko didn't seem to want to take the 10 min break, but Lindsay went to get changed so they had the full ten minutes. What annoyed me a bit was that Maria had a medical timeout at 0-2 in the final set for blisters. Surely she was aware that they were there during the 10 minute break, so why didn't she get them sorted then. I guess she was trying to break Lindsay's flow at that time!

Anyway, from what I saw in the second, although Lindsay played fairly badly at times, Kirilenko played very well I thought. She's quite a good solid player and with a bit extra time she could be really good.

It does seem though, that Lindsay is having to take the more tricky root than other players at the moment. Lindsay is currently having to play all the seeds she's come into contact with, whereas some of the other players didn't meet their seeded player in the 3rd. Serena is out now, but Henin looms in the quarters.

First though, is Sveta...apparently she has picked up form this year, so really Lindsay is in a dangerous position right now. Like Lindsayno1 said, we saw her play at Wimbledon against Lindsay, though Lindsay struggled she eventually came through it OK. We have to remember that Sveta has beaten Lindsay before and I really think that the outcome depends on whether or not Lindsay turns up 100% for the whole match.

At the moment, Lindsay shows flashes of 100%ness but has mostly been playing around about 70/75%. I have heard her say many times before that sometimes she plays just enough to the level of her opponant to get her through the matches....I'm hoping this is so this week. nothing wrong with winning ungly now and again - just let's not make a habit of it :lol:

I hope the scheduling on Sunday is kind to me. It's been tough on me this year....Lindsay plays one day and Martina plays the other.....that's some hard nights for me!

Also, has anyone noticed Petrova creeping through the draw? I think she's a dangerous dark hourse because she's winning her matches fairly easily! I have a feeling that she's going to creep through the second quarter of the draw. I guess so far, she's doing well because she's not having to play on the big stages yet - she might get a bit nervous if put on the main courts....but I see her as a slight danger.

-Rache :wavey:

fnuf7
Jan 20th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I'm more concerned about Justine, in fact I'm terrified of Justine :scared: ;) Just cos she can play so amazingly sometimes, but then there are also times when she has no energy/is injured etc so she's quite an unpredictable player to see your favourite play against. She's beatable, yet can also sometimes be unbeatable :scratch: :lol: I'm always nervous watching my favs play her...

But I suppose first she gotta get through Sveta, which could be hard depending on how Sveta is, if she's like how I expect her to play then it'll be a tough/close match, but also win-able for Lindsay. If Sveta turns up as her 2005 version then I don't think we have too much to worry about (of course depending on Lindsay herself then! ;) )

Anyone know yet when this match is on UK time? I'm still v confused with dealing with the Aussie time difference! :lol:

mike/topgun
Jan 20th, 2006, 02:13 PM
This was Mashas match...Lindsay made some errors and didn't serve well.
Afterwards she complemented Maria coz she thinks Kirilenko is already a great player and who knows how good she'll be in the future...;)
But Dav didn't look positive in 2nd set...and was kinda pissed before the interview...the conditions were tough.
Hope she'll show some better tennis against Sveta. Here's something I've noticed - when it isn't going Linzis way she trys to overpower her opponents - not thinking bout the placement that much what makes her play more predictable for rivals f.e. Masha was hardly startled with pace and direction of Lindsays shots.
Hardenne isn't playing her best but she's yet to loose a set, Sveta is geting stronger.
I'm not 100% sure whether Lindsay playes like she did against Masha she'll win the next one...

Kimmi
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Ok, I haven't seen any of the match yet, but THREE SETS?!? I fell out of bed this morning when I saw that on Teletext :eek: But I guess that the heat was a factorhuh, 40 degrees or something? *Phew* What I wouldn't give for some of that weather over here just now :)

lindsayno1
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM
i wouldnt like to play tennis in that though

I think the heat was a big factor. Remember the molik quarter final?! Lindsay looked like she was gonna die at the end of that match!

RayRob
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Anyone know yet when this match is on UK time? I'm still v confused with dealing with the Aussie time difference! :lol:

She's not scheduled to play until sunday morning (UK time) against Sveta, so we won't know until tomorrow what time she is due on court.

-Rache

Kimmi
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:39 PM
:lol: I just read an article on Yahoo:

"Probably I'll hit a little bit less, probably will stay in my room and drink all day -- drink water -- and really take it easy in anticipation of needing all my strength for Sunday's match."

Yeah....water.....I'm sure that's exactly what she meant :lol:

Andrew..
Jan 20th, 2006, 04:18 PM
That was a hideous match. I'm glad I fell asleep half way through the second set, though waking up in the third set was nice.

I like how she's yelling "C'mon!". Those are good. But it still doesn't quite make up for her form. While her attitude may be good, she's not beating Christine playing like that, and would have serious problems against Sveta. Please get better. :(

Elldee
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Seriously, did people see Svetlana's stats? They're AMAZING.

Andrew..
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yes, and that's why I'm concerned.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:36 PM
She played well in the early rounds last year, I think. Then bombed out.

lindsayno1
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:39 PM
do u think sveta has any mental issues against lindsay? for a start kuzzys a gnome in comnparison to lindsay!

Andrew..
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:59 PM
No, she choked hard to MIA in the QF. I still hate her for that match.

Andrew..
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:00 PM
do u think sveta has any mental issues against lindsay?
No.

for a start kuzzys a gnome in comnparison to lindsay!
What.

mike/topgun
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Seems like Sveta is regaining her confidence. She's playing solidly, serving aces and hitting lots of winners. As I wrote earlier, she's getting stronger - definitely a threat to any top player atm.
We need better serving, less UFE and more winners to take this next one. Just lifting the level of play a bit. :p In other way, it'll be a pure struggle, coz Lindsay is not playing great, great tennis in Melbourne - I think she's been worse than in HK. Once again, like you all I'm really happy with the fact, she stays positive bout her chances, even though she's missing some "easy" shots.
However, it's gonna be tough, tough 4th round, I'm only dreaming that Linzi will play her striking game at some point in the tournament. Hopefully she'll do it, when she needs it the most. I'm aware, that atm it's hard to imagine a quarterfinal win over Christine, but that'll be the potential opportunity when she could show her best at last;)
C'mon Lindsay :bounce:

Elldee
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:53 PM

She gifted Sharapova that match after the first set.. it was weird.

Also, Kuznetsova didn't have that bad a year last year or play particularly bad tennis she was consistant until the summer and then once she acknowledged it and talked about it, it became an issue. People romanticise about her form at the US Open, it was good, but she would have been demolished by a fit Lindsay and then she won Bali... it wasn't amazing.

Kuznetsova also played quite well in Sydney, even against Henin which is damn scary.

mike/topgun
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:59 PM
SvetaK's always played well against JHH. She's almost a complete player with many skills she can use to beat her opponents. Lindsay knows for sure how to keep her on distance, but Dav needs to show somewhere near her best to make it to the 1/4...

foreva lindsay
Jan 20th, 2006, 09:36 PM
i havent seen the match either, luckily i cant :lol: i hope this is a one off scare :)

joaco
Jan 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Do you guys know if her last interview is available? I've been meaning to find it, but I wasn't succesful. Anyway, I'm more troubled of her 'ankle injury'... what is that all about? Did she show any signs during the match? I so want her to play much better against Kuznetsova! And so want her to be injury-free . Come on LINDSAY!!!!!!

Joaco

!<blocparty>!
Jan 20th, 2006, 09:43 PM
No, she choked hard to MIA in the QF. I still hate her for that match.

Yes.

Australian Open Jan 30 2005
1 S Kuznetsova(5) - J Kirkland-Q 6-1 6-1
2 S Kuznetsova(5) - M Bartoli 6-2 6-0
3 S Kuznetsova(5) - M Diaz-Oliva 6-3 7-65
4 S Kuznetsova(5) - V Douchevina 6-4 6-2
QF M Sharapova(4) - S Kuznetsova(5) 4-6 6-2 6-2

Bombed out = choked.

GrandSlam05
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I missed that match last year. Of course I wasn't that crazy about the Shark's matches anyway.
From what I can tell, in all their infinite wisdom ESPN2 is going to show KFC instead of the Swiss Miss tonite. Is there no justice in the world?

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:30 AM
And martina won! I woudlnt be surprised if she made the final

Lindsayfan32
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:55 AM
Do you guys know if her last interview is available? I've been meaning to find it, but I wasn't succesful. Anyway, I'm more troubled of her 'ankle injury'... what is that all about? Did she show any signs during the match? I so want her to play much better against Kuznetsova! And so want her to be injury-free . Come on LINDSAY!!!!!!

Joaco

Joaco it seems yesterday didn't happen I just looked on the offical site and they are still on Thursdays interviews. But I am interested to read what Lindsay had to say too. She has to get better for tommorow's match and hope water is the only thing she's drinking today as it darn hot and will be tommorow.

GrandSlam05
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:46 AM
And martina won! I woudlnt be surprised if she made the final
Yeah, me neither. She's brilliant out there, frustrating them so badly. They did show her match, I don't know why they listed Kim in the first place.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:44 AM
Lindsay will play on centre court not before 12:30pm local time. Hopefully she will play the best she played this tournement and blow Kuzzy off the court or if they both hit alot of ufs we could be in for a long match again. Or even better a lot of winners from Lindsay would be good.

Elldee
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:47 AM
It was great to see Hingis... she has such a great draw to do so well here.

sweet_angel23
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:03 AM
it's gonna be like 43 tomorrow..hope they'll cope fine with the heat!!

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
woah hot!

ive just looked at christines and svetas stats and christines are worse than lindsays. they look poor actually

over 3 matches svetas
% 1st Serves In 68 48 62
Total Aces 4 3 10 - eek 10 aces!
Total Double Faults 0 3 1
% 1st Srv Pts Won 82 83 74
Winners 12 34 34

over three matches christines are:
first serve % is 56% 47% 47%
% 1st Srv Pts Won 69 65 81
Total Aces 3 4 4
Total Double Faults 4 9 4
Winners 17 32 14

so by that it seems on paper that sveta is gonna be the tougher nut to crack.

lindsays stats:
% 1st Serves In 44 62 50
% 1st Srv Pts Won 82 80 64
Total Aces 3 6 1
Total Double Faults 3 3 6
Winners 17 18 33

RayRob
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
I'm hoping that by the time the mens doubles match is over, the extreme heat rule would have been put into play, so therefore the roof will be put on. at least then, the conditions won't be so bad for Lindsay's match.

Not sure if this would make a difference.

I've had so many borken sleep patterns this week. I think tonight, I'm going to try get a couple of hours sleep before Lindsay's match, wake-up watch, then go sleep again. Being a fan is hard work :lol:

-Rachel

sweet_angel23
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:18 AM
i like Sveta. me thinks she's cool but it's not cool if she beats Lindz-maybe 4 Sveta's fans...
Com'on Lindsay!!

sweet_angel23
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'm going to try get a couple of hours sleep before Lindsay's match, wake-up watch, then go sleep again.
-Rachel

have a good sleep :angel:

Being a fan is hard work :lol:

ur right..last year, USO and wimby. ive been busted so many times by my dad 4 sleeping in cuz i stayed up late just to watch tennis..:haha: but my mom's there to cover me up cuz she was watching with me..:lol:

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:54 AM
have a good sleep :angel:

ur right..last year, USO and wimby. ive been busted so many times by my dad 4 sleeping in cuz i stayed up late just to watch tennis..:haha: but my mom's there to cover me up cuz she was watching with me..:lol:

hehe me and rache were at wimbledon. so its all good for us! we get screwed over majorly with the AO and night matches at the uso!

on another note. where the hell are the interviews from friday!

fnuf7
Jan 21st, 2006, 12:38 PM
woah hot!

ive just looked at christines and svetas stats and christines are worse than lindsays. they look poor actually

over 3 matches svetas
% 1st Serves In 68 48 62
Total Aces 4 3 10 - eek 10 aces!
Total Double Faults 0 3 1
% 1st Srv Pts Won 82 83 74
Winners 12 34 34

over three matches christines are:
first serve % is 56% 47% 47%
% 1st Srv Pts Won 69 65 81
Total Aces 3 4 4
Total Double Faults 4 9 4
Winners 17 32 14

so by that it seems on paper that sveta is gonna be the tougher nut to crack.

lindsays stats:
% 1st Serves In 44 62 50
% 1st Srv Pts Won 82 80 64
Total Aces 3 6 1
Total Double Faults 3 3 6
Winners 17 18 33

Woah! :eek: Sveta's got some good stats there! Seems consistent and high, who did she play in those matches? I mean were they tough opponents or ones you would expect her to beat 6-2 6-1 etc?

Also since Lindsay won't be on court before 12:30pm (Oz time) does that mean she'd be on court around 1:30am - 2:00am Sunday morning (UK time) cos I think the time difference is about 10 or 11 hours... :unsure: Plus they better close the roof if she's playing just around 1pm cos that's the hottest part of the day she'd play in! :eek:

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM
yes and maria gets to play at normal times ie first thing or in the evening!

foreva lindsay
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
it's gonna be like 43 tomorrow..hope they'll cope fine with the heat!!
omg thats hot :eek:

foreva lindsay
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping that by the time the mens doubles match is over, the extreme heat rule would have been put into play, so therefore the roof will be put on. at least then, the conditions won't be so bad for Lindsay's match.

Not sure if this would make a difference.

thats a good thought actually, you never know if it will, I really hope it isn't that hot out there but I think Sveta would struggle more if it was.

Lets go Lindsay 1.30am here we come :sad: :bounce: :lol:

Andrew..
Jan 21st, 2006, 02:09 PM
Martina will lose to an "injured" Clijsters in the QF, and I can vomit, and swear away the WTA forever, or until Tokyo.

GrandSlam05
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:09 PM
Martina will lose to an "injured" Clijsters in the QF, and I can vomit, and swear away the WTA forever, or until Tokyo.
Yes, the "injury" looks fake as Kim has had easy romps. I haven't watched any of her matches (whatta shock) so I don't know how much she's had to move. From what I've heard she's played very offensive. Two days she said it was awful and now, all of a sudden, she says it's better and not bothering her. :rolleyes: We'll know for sure if it's real or not when she plays Martina because Martina will move her around.
Let's just hope it one of those good days where KFC's forehand goes AWOL.

Andrew..
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM
She's "injured" when she sucks. But "I better! I love fan!" when she plays well.

I'm not a fan of Venus or Serena, but I don't understand how this behavior is acceptable for Kim, but not for them.

Kelly
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:20 PM
i want hingis to beat kim...dont know why...and i also want henin to lose for obvious reasons

Andrew..
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:26 PM
Justine is not losing that match. Ever.

RJWCapriati
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'm really hoping Lindsay can win the tournament!!! Once she gets by Kuznetsova, I think the winner of the tournament comes between Lindsay and Justine.

chewy
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM
just want to thank rayrob for this site http://rayrob4.tripod.com/lindsaydavenport/id10.html

which i stumbled across trying to search for the missing AO friday interview.
once i began reading one i didnt finished untill i read all of them, some completely new to me n some i'm pretty sure i've read b4 but become blurred in memory over time.

was good read, thx :)

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:16 PM
yeh is that interview anywhere yet?!

RayRob
Jan 21st, 2006, 06:58 PM
just want to thank rayrob for this site http://rayrob4.tripod.com/lindsaydavenport/id10.html

which i stumbled across trying to search for the missing AO friday interview.
once i began reading one i didnt finished untill i read all of them, some completely new to me n some i'm pretty sure i've read b4 but become blurred in memory over time.

was good read, thx :)

:eek: WOW, that was a long time ago since I started that site.....I forgot about it. I ended up stopping because I was busy at uni....very stressed....amazing that you found it. I'm even suprised that you can see the pages because when I tried the link, the background came up but not the pictures/links etc.

-Rache

RayRob
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:09 PM
:lol: it works now - just had to wait a while. I might start it up again. I just checked my site stats and it still gets quite a bit of traffic each month. I have no idea if people have tried to email me because as far as I know, that email address on my site doesn't work anymore - possibly because I'd forgot of it's existance!

-Rache

GrandSlam05
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:27 PM
She's "injured" when she sucks. But "I better! I love fan!" when she plays well.

I'm not a fan of Venus or Serena, but I don't understand how this behavior is acceptable for Kim, but not for them.
Because Kimmie is so NICE! :bounce:
Anyway, I agree. The WS pull that shit all the time, but hey, they take a helluva lotta heat too, whereas sweet little Kimmie gets to have her waffles and eat them too.
Where is Jen's snappy mouth to say, "It's always something." when you need her?

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:52 PM
im missing jcap. she was always so animated on court! her antics about dementievas serve always made me laugh!

GrandSlam05
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:59 PM
im missing jcap. she was always so animated on court! her antics about dementievas serve always made me laugh!
Me too! Though that match was a heartbreaker. Jen always made me laugh though. That beer gut flopping all over the place while she chased every ball down! :lol:

mike/topgun
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
I desperately want Tina to wallop Kim :devil:
and I want Hardenne to bomb out to Virhinia, therefor Linzi has an easier way to her 2nd Ozz Open title :angel:
But I'm somewhat worried bout the Kuzy match :tape: :lol:
About 10 aces n 40 winners should do for the win :p I believe in Svetas UFE - that would help Lindsay too ;)
4 hours to go :bounce:

Cliodhna
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
so whats the chances of Lindsays match being shown on BBC intractive then????

joaco
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
I hope Lindsay plays her best today, I so want her to up her level. At least for herself. I trully believe is she plays very well today, it'll give her the confidence to beat Justine. Anyway, I hope martina gets to the QF and beats poor Kimmie :rolleyes: Did you guys read what she said in her 'diary', ughhh she is so phony ('HC')

Joaco

mike/topgun
Jan 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM
so whats the chances of Lindsays match being shown on BBC intractive then????
don't know if it's going to be transmitted on BBC interactive, but surely it is LIVE on ES...not before 1.30 am
:wavey:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:08 AM
The roof is on.

Kelly
Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
thank god for that.

good luck lindsay!!!

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:49 AM
The roof closed is good for Lindsay.

I still think this match is going to be a real issue, though.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:55 AM
I should go to bed, Petrova is boring me.

I'm not really worried about how Svetlana plays. If Lindsay plays well, she's better then her, and that's what she needs to do. I don't want her to play like shit, win in three, and tank to Justine.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Omg! They'd better show Lindsay v Sveta once Petrova's match is done...I don't want to watch Justine v Ruano Pascual...

Edit: Just realised the Petrova match is on another court to Lindsay's so gotta wait for the men's doubles match to finish anyway, regardless of whether Petrova has finished or not...still hoope they move to Lindsay's match once they do actually start :)

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:18 AM
This match actually doesn't worry me Sprem did, and a bit of Kirilenko, but I think Lindsay will come through fairly convincingly, if she serves well that is.

Robbie.
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:25 AM
Well, I'm worried about Kuzzie. Should be starting very shortly :scared:

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:33 AM
Damn. Kerr and the Bird Man were supposed to take the Bryan brothers to three so I could watch the match on ESPN2 and finish watching Mrs America. :mad:

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:44 AM
Woo! They're on :D Should be a good match, hopefully! :bounce:

Kelly
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:51 AM
lindsay has her ankle taped....come on linds!! you can do it

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:52 AM
Yeah I noticed the ankle...they say it's from the Sprem match where she turned it slightly in that match apparently :( Still doubt/hope it's not bad :)

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:02 AM
Too many wrappings for my taste. Lindsay serving very well.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:06 AM
Come on break! :bounce: Now a nice consolidation please :D

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:08 AM
Horray. Break. Sveta nearly ran into the net with that spilt.

I'm just going to sit here and talk to myself since I'm alone at home. On Saturday night. Eating cake.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:14 AM
Horray. Break. Sveta nearly ran into the net with that spilt.

I'm just going to sit here and talk to myself since I'm alone at home. On Saturday night. Eating cake.

:lol: Is it a nice cake? ;) I'm all curled up in bed, watching the match, am v comfy! :D

Lindsay's doing good so far, kept the UE low so far, good winners, great serving. Keep it up Linds! :D

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:17 AM
:lol: Is it a nice cake? ;) I'm all curled up in bed, watching the match, am v comfy! :D

Lindsay's doing good so far, kept the UE low so far, good winners, great serving. Keep it up Linds! :D

Any cake is good cake crazy. It's the kind with whip cream, so duh. :angel: Lucky that you get coverage. I have to sit here on the computer and watch it till 9 when ESPN2 shows it.

And Lindsay is playing great. Two errors only I think and up 5-2 and a few aces. I love this.

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:21 AM
BAM. Amazing backhand down the line for the break.

I knew this would be easy.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:21 AM
Any cake is good cake crazy. It's the kind with whip cream, so duh. :angel: Lucky that you get coverage. I have to sit here on the computer and watch it till 9 when ESPN2 shows it.

And Lindsay is playing great. Two errors only I think and up 5-2 and a few aces. I love this.

Mmm, nice cake... :)

Yeah Lindsay is doing great, got the 1st set, and already broken Sveta in the 1st game of the 2nd set! :yeah:

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:27 AM
In fact Edit: I don't want to jinx anything! ;) :D

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:31 AM
In fact Edit: I don't want to jinx anything! ;) :D

Haha. I just quoted you and was about to say.

And btw, it's not you. When I came back from the kitchen, I could tell something was not the same. Lindsay missing a few and Sveta picking it up.

It'll probably go something like 6-2, 7-6(4)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:34 AM
She's having her ankle re-strapped.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:34 AM
Hmm, maybe...I reckon the last 2 games might re-awaken Linds and get her doing what she was doing earlier just so she can close it out quickly, so here's hoping for a few holds of serves :)

Uh-oh! Injury timeout! :scared: Looks like just a re-wrapping but still :scared:

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM
She's having her ankle re-strapped.

:o

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
I am not making another comment til the match is over :wavey: ;)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:41 AM
She's injured badly now.

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:45 AM
She's injured now, big time.

I think she'll retire after she loses the set.

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:45 AM
She's wincing after almost every point.

If she finds some way to win this match, there's no way in hell she's going to beat Justine if she can't move.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:57 AM
Score! :cool: And also PHEW!!!! Hope that ankle miraculously heals itself! :scared:

Oh and Justine got through...:(

Also I am NEVER making comments whilst a match is in progress again, I think I may have a jinxing curse :scared: ;)

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
Damn...she was lucky to get out of that one.

Hopefully she feels better soon. I loved her reaction on MP.

Lindsay :hug:

Ty-Ty
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
Eh. That was a fairly convincing win, bearing her injury.

It had better heal before Justine.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:04 AM
She is playing so well too, that sucks badly.

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:04 AM
Did anyone watch the on court interview afterwards? My webthing cut to adverts instead... Did she mention the ankle etc?

joaco
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:07 AM
Ok.... let's recapitulate. 1 set. Lindsay NOT being injured played PERFECT. She played amazing

Set 1 Summary Davenport (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/bios/ws/wtad106.html) (USA)Kuznetsova (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/bios/ws/wtak552.html) (RUS) 1st Serve %14 of 18 = 78 %10 of 25 = 40 % Aces21 Unforced Errors27 Winning % on 1st Serve12 of 14 = 86 %7 of 10 = 70 % Winning % on 2nd Serve4 of 4 = 100 %6 of 15 = 40 % Winners (Including Service)95 Receiving Points Won12 of 25 = 48 %2 of 18 = 11 % Break Point Conversions2 of 2 = 100 %0 of 0 = 0 % Net Approaches2 of 2 = 100 %1 of 2 = 50 % Total Points Won2815

Then the second set came she was 3-0 up and then the injury started bothering her. And then we all know what happened, she closed it out but only because of Sveta's silly play.
SO... the thing is, if Lindsay plays against Justine the way she played when she was not injured she definetely has a chance, and I would even dare say favourite against Justine. If she plays like the last part of the match, she has absolutely no chance whatsovever.

Still, her statistics where the best of the Open so far, so that is a positive sign:
Match Summary Davenport (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/bios/ws/wtad106.html) (USA)Kuznetsova (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/bios/ws/wtak552.html) (RUS) 1st Serve %23 of 45 = 51 %21 of 52 = 40 % Aces22 Double Faults11 Unforced Errors919 Winning % on 1st Serve17 of 23 = 74 %13 of 21 = 62 % Winning % on 2nd Serve14 of 22 = 64 %11 of 31 = 35 % Winners (Including Service)1512 Receiving Points Won28 of 52 = 54 %14 of 45 = 31 % Break Point Conversions5 of 7 = 71 %2 of 3 = 67 % Net Approaches4 of 4 = 100 %3 of 5 = 60 % Total Points Won5938 Fastest Serve
180 km/h183 km/h Average 1st Serve Speed
172 km/h168 km/h Average 2nd Serve Speed
139 km/h136 km/h

what do u guys think?
Joaco:wavey:

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:10 AM
I think she's in some serious trouble with this injury. But I'm proud of her, and how she fought through the injury.

Robbie.
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:15 AM
After she got the ankle taped the first time at 3-2, she came out and looked really effected for those two games to go down 3-4. I was really worried. But I thought after the second treatment, she looked somewhat more comfortable for the last three games for the match. It didnt look THAT bad to me when she had the strapping off either. She said it didnt bother her at all in the first set, but that she 'jarred' it again. It's definitely not the kind of thing you want hanging over you at this stage of the tournament. It's a real shame because at 6-2 3-0 she was looking awesome.

Christine's match looked like an error fest. 28 UE's. :tape: I hate it how she wins when she is sucking.

GrandSlam05
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:17 AM
Yeah, she could've just said, "Oh, ankle hurts, slam over."
She seemed really optimistic during the interview. Thank god it's not wimbledon where you have to play 2 days in a row.
I have to say that this fucking sucks though. She starts playing awesome tennis and now this.

joaco
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:18 AM
After she got the ankle taped the first time at 3-2, she came out and looked really effected for those two games to go down 3-4. I was really worried. But I thought after the second treatment, she looked somewhat more comfortable for the last three games for the match. It didnt look THAT bad to me when she had the strapping off either. She said it didnt bother her at all in the first set, but that she 'jarred' it again. It's definitely not the kind of thing you want hanging over you at this stage of the tournament. It's a real shame because at 6-2 3-0 she was looking awesome.

Christine's match looked like an error fest. 28 UE's. :tape: I hate it how she wins when she is sucking.

excuse me for my ignorance but what does 'jarred' means??:confused:

GrandSlam05
Yeah, and the shitty part is she manages to do it ALOT.

Ty-Ty
She really didn't say to much in the on court interview. She said it had been feeling perfectly fine until a long rally at 3-0 then it started to hurt.

She said she's just going to keep her feet for the next 48 hours.

dfsajkf;dsaljf;l. This is frustrating.

Elldee
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:19 AM
Anti-inflamatories, rest, treatment and taping will hopefully help but it's obviously unlikely from now on as a sprain is pretty bad.

Good luck, the Dav... you really found your game.

My take on the injury: I think for her groundies she just grinned and took it but it effected her serve a bit more.

Anyway, good night.

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:19 AM
She has a full 48 hours (likely more, as I think she'll play the night match) to rest the ankle. That helps.

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:20 AM
Anti-inflamatories, rest, treatment and taping will hopefully help but it's obviously unlikely from now on as a sprain is pretty bad.

Good luck, the Dav... you really found your game.
She could take a cortisone shot to completely kill the pain, but you're killing everything else in there too.

GrandSlam05
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:25 AM
I'd take the cortisone shot myself.

Robbie.
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:28 AM
excuse me for my ignorance but what does 'jarred' means??:confused:

It's hard to explain in other words. Probably the best way to describe is that she has landed on it awkwardly with an unpleasant effect.

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:29 AM
It's not a cure-all though, and it's not even a sure thing that it would kill the pain. It would take away the swelling, but if we're talking bone injury, it won't help much. And she'd need to get it right now. Cortisone burn can last for two or three days after the shot, and make the pain even worse.

chewy
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:16 AM
:eek: WOW, that was a long time ago since I started that site.....I forgot about it. I ended up stopping because I was busy at uni....very stressed....amazing that you found it. I'm even suprised that you can see the pages because when I tried the link, the background came up but not the pictures/links etc.

-Rache
it came up first thing after i typed 'lindsay davenport interview' on yahoo. :)

joaco
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:29 AM
I don't think the cortisone shot is such a good idea... The thing is that you feel nothing when playing, but it's like you're damaging an injured zone without you feeling it. It's like it is OK but it is really not. And when the effect is off, then you may really start worrying about it. I'd say I'd give myself the shot if the injury is not so seriuos, considering the fact that this is a Grand Slam, and Lindsay might try just about everything to win it.

Joaco

chewy
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:36 AM
im so tired i was napping in hot afternoon and whn i turn on tv to check her progress for the 2nd time(i hav the match taped) it was 6-2 3-3 n the commentators were saying something was bothering lindsay. but i was so sleepy i couldnt bare the stress...so i turn off tv n went back to sleep hoping for the best. :o so glad she pulled thru. but this pain she's feeling seems pretty serious :sad:

GrandSlam05
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:26 AM
Well, not all is lost tonite. I just got to see Roddick take a beat-down. :lol:

sweet_angel23
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:33 AM
we have Justine next..i'm a bit scared of JHH, she's been playing really well..
i hope im wrong...

I just got to see Roddick take a beat-down. :lol:

i just lost a $10 bet to my mom..:haha:
Baghdatis is funny...

mike/topgun
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Amazing play from Linds:) the first 11 games...
But she was so lucky to end it up in 2...if Sveta kept balls coming she could have easily won it in 3. I'm not opticmistic before Henins' match. Christine gives less errors on big points and is mentally stronger - she uses her opponents weaknessess and she'll definitely take advantage of Lindsay not being fully fit :(

Frederic
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:23 AM
Who is Christine???

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:35 AM
Chritine = Justine Henin-Hardenne - and I'm quite terrified of thaat match especially if Lindsay's movement is affected cos Justine is a v clever player and will know exactly what to do to take advantage. :(

Hope Justine has a really bad off-day in the match! ;)

sweet_angel23
Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Christine?? is that her second name or somethin?? that match is gonna be tough!! i hope it's on tues morning cuz i have work on tues :tape: but i reckon she'll play night session as she needs extra time to rest her ankle..
i really really really wanna Lindz to win this thing! get better so0n please!! :angel:
Jon's gonna be here on Tues..:haha:the urban legend thing.. :lol:

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
I don't think the cortisone shot is such a good idea... The thing is that you feel nothing when playing, but it's like you're damaging an injured zone without you feeling it. It's like it is OK but it is really not. And when the effect is off, then you may really start worrying about it. I'd say I'd give myself the shot if the injury is not so seriuos, considering the fact that this is a Grand Slam, and Lindsay might try just about everything to win it.

Joaco
If it's just a flat out sprain like she says it is, she really can't damage it much more. It would just be extremely painful to play on it without any kind of treatment.

RayRob
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Christine?? is that her second name or somethin?? that match is gonna be tough!! i hope it's on tues morning cuz i have work on tues :tape: but i reckon she'll play night session as she needs extra time to rest her ankle..
i really really really wanna Lindz to win this thing! get better so0n please!! :angel:
Jon's gonna be here on Tues..:haha:the urban legend thing.. :lol:

Some people on the board stared reffering to her as "Christine" because some commentator, perhaps American (maybe Mary Carillo [sp?] ) called her Christine instead of Justine. So, as much as these changes annoy me, it seems to have stuck.

-Rache

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Andrew does come up with the best nicknames. It's funny seeing everyone copying them.

Did you make up Tina?

Frederic
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:18 PM
Some people on the board stared reffering to her as "Christine" because some commentator, perhaps American (maybe Mary Carillo [sp?] ) called her Christine instead of Justine. So, as much as these changes annoy me, it seems to have stuck.

-Rache
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frederic
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
If it's just a flat out sprain like she says it is, she really can't damage it much more. It would just be extremely painful to play on it without any kind of treatment.
I totally agree with you Andrew, but it would be nice if she doesn't agravate it, because it would be such a shame if it bothers her for the rest of the year, and makes her no to play at 100% for Wimbledon for example ;) .

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Andrew does come up with the best nicknames. It's funny seeing everyone copying them.

Did you make up Tina?
Yes, I've called her Tina for years.

But the other name I've picked up for her recently, Tina Tightbuns, I cannot take credit for.

A few people (myself included) have been calling Justine by the name "Christine" since the US Open final in 2003. People have ripped that one from us big time.

Kelly
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
i remember watching that final and as soon as Bud said it i was in tears laughing....so funny.

it happens pretty much everyslam....when 'kick ass' lindsay turns up...the injurys turn. the strapping was imense but fingers crossed she will be ok, Christine however scares me she is always so lucky..in her matches,..her draw...pfff

Elldee
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Just to go off on a tangent... Lindsay looked so hot last.

Frederic
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Totally agree with you!!! But Christine(loooool) is playing very well at the good moment, she never tanks a match, that makes a huge difference with Lindsay who sometimes does it. But ith her new coach, I hope she will always be focused on her match... You know, this match against Svetlana makes me remember to the semi in us open 2004, Lindsay was injured but totally went out of the match. Yesturday, Lindsay proved she doesn't give up, keeps fighting... That's a great attitude, even if there is an ankle injury...

fnuf7
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Wasn't Jon there last night? I swear I saw him sitting in the viewers box thing with the new coach, who also on a sidenote looked quite nice last night :D ;)

Maybe he is a bad omen after all, what with Lindsay's injury... ;)

joaco
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
I HATE AUSOPEN.COM :fiery::fiery::fiery:

They put the link to Svetlana's interview in 'Lindsay Davenport' and there is no Lindsay interview..... this is getting me soooo mad. Anyone knows where I can find her interview??

Joaco

GrandSlam05
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
And considering the book/movie "Christine" about the car that is evil and can get demolished and repair itself, the name is quite fitting for Justine. The bitch can be down and out and find a way. :fiery:

Kimmi
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Wasn't Jon there last night? I swear I saw him sitting in the viewers box thing with the new coach, who also on a sidenote looked quite nice last night :D ;)

Maybe he is a bad omen after all, what with Lindsay's injury... ;)

Yep, Jon was there - you're not seeing things :) I'm not a fan of her new coach...I want lush Adam back! :drool:

I am quite concerned about the ankle injury. I checked the BBC's WAP (mobile) site this morning and they said that she is going for a scan and if she can take painkillers and play without making the injury worse then she will, but if not then she doesn't know what she'll do. My main concern at the moment is Lindsay getting to the match, I will worry about JHH when the match starts.

What a trooper though, playing through the pain. She looked in agony :sad: GO LINDSAY! YOU ROCK! :rocker2:

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
Someone please revoke John's visa.

Cliodhna
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
I have to say i was well impressed with Lindsays optimism after the match she was very upbeat, with the ankle now a factor too and her draw being really tricky if she still comes through and wins (which i have all faith that she will!) all credit to her!

I'm no expert but i think a good start against Justine and she can take it in two, but if she has any mental doubts shes gone! The most irratating thing about JHH (apart from her husband!) is that she still manages to win when playing like crap! Judging on the moment Linds is by far the better player!!

Kelly
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
who's Justine??? ;-)

Cliodhna
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
oh my mistake Christine of course!! ;)
No matter what we call her i just can't seem to like the girl!

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:43 PM
She could take a cortisone shot to completely kill the pain, but you're killing everything else in there too.

shes already had cortisone in her foot before when she had to have her surgery. thing is u can only have 3 in ur life, we odnt know how many shes had already

on another note, i had cortisone in my knee. i cried...it kills!

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
You can have more than three in your life. And the injection was in the foot. This would be up higher.

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
i was told I was only allowed to have 3 because theyre not good for u and can mess up ur natural balences of it

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:27 PM
I've had two, and was told I could have at least one, probably two, more - in the same area.

mike/topgun
Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
However, there's no rule bout how many times one can get a cortisone shot physicians often prefere max 3 in the same place as a limit point, becouse when it doesn't help it's not worth to use it again when there's a high risk it would additionaly affect or weaken tendons and cartilage (sometimes even more than the actual inflammation). Also some anesthetic drugs should do to relief presumptive pain...
Linzi never haven't got the shot on the ankle and if she gets it like 2 days or a day before the match the pain won't be a factor on Tuesday ( even if the cortisone does crystalize ) ...but she'll feel numb - discomfort for sure.
Lindsayno1 you've probably had a so called 'cortisone flare' in your knee back then, thats why you felt that brief but severe pain worse than before the shot - it's a common side effect, fortunately it doesn't last too long and some icing helps alot.
Hope she hasn't torn ligaments :tape: ...nah she could not walk if they were torn. :p
Anybody, when you'll know something bout the case please post it in "Breaking news..." thread.
Thanx:)

jacs
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:24 AM
Revoke Jon's visa! Revoke Jon's Visa! Revoke Jon's visa!

And lol, I first saw the christine thing from one of the locker room confrontations...

GrandSlam05
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:38 AM
Why revoke Jon's visa? Does she start playing shitty when he comes to town?
Maybe he "lasts long" and it wears dear Linds out?

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Eugh I dont want to know!

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:22 AM
Lindsay will play the night match against Justine so she must intend on playing.

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
thats good. an extra few hours rest

sweet_angel23
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
dya reckon she'll be practising tomorrow morning? i hope she will cuz i wanna give her my get well so0n card..

i wonder what was the result of her scan...any news?

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
i posted the article in the other thread. its prob a sprain or strain. she wont aggrivate it anymroe if its just that

i doubt she will play tokyo thou unless it makes a kim style recovery

foreva lindsay
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:36 PM
night match, wicked, wont be as hot and longer to rest :D

Lets go LINDSAY!!!!

chewy
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
im still trying to find the missing AO friday interview after lindsay bt.kirilenko.
if any1 finds it can u pls post the interview or a link. thx

bis2806
Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
The australian open is retarded like that. Where is Lindsay's Friday and saturday interviews? :rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
australianopen.com is filled with shit info and they have difficulties to get transcript interviews on the right place :o

Found another one from Lindsay (and here's the link (http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/australian-open/2006/sport_sto817910.shtml) ):

'Crocked Lindsay faces real test' - Eurosport - 23/01/06

Lindsay Davenport will have to overcome a sprained ankle if she is to progress to the semi-finals of the Australian Open on Tuesday. The number one seed will have to be on top form to beat her quarter final opponent Justine Henin-Hardenne, but she feels she has a new weapon to help her cause.

The hard hitting American went over on her ankle during her third round match against Maria Kirilenko, and then went on to aggravate the injury in the last sixteen against Svetlana Kuznetsova.

"It's annoying," Davenport said. "You do everything you can and then something as flukish as tripping and falling over trying to hit a volley hampers my progress.

"I'm still in the tournament and I've got plenty of time to recover before my next match so hopefully if I can get the swelling down things will be OK."

Asked if she had made any adjustments to her game over the close-season, the number one seed revealed that the majority of improvements lay in the physical department.

"I've tried to get fitter and become stronger and I've tried to be able to play with aggression and to be consistent out there," she said.

"I think I've improved my forehand. It's more of a weapon than a liability now." :bounce:

TOUGH DRAW

Davenport has not had it easy to get this far, having had to play, and beat, Karolina Sprem, Kirilenko and Kuznetsova on the way. And it is not getting any easier for the 29-year-old.

"I've had an extremely tough draw here and I feel that this has actually made me come through and concentrate more.

"I think that (Henin-Hardenne) is a phenomenal player. No matter what her ranking is, she's one of the most feared players.

"It doesn't matter if I meet her in the quarter finals or the semi finals I know that she will bring a very high level to me. I'm going to have to play really well."

"I haven't beaten her for quite a while and maybe I'll have to come up with a new strategy."

Really nothing new, but still something ;) I hope that this "new strategy" - if there is one - will work for her.
Lets pray for two quick sets for Linzi and
16 aces
40 winners
10 UFE etc. - that would be good stats for injured n#1 and that shall do for the win :tape: :lol:

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
and in that shes still positive! awesome

Golinds
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
keep positive Linds and u cant go wrong!! :bounce:

foreva lindsay
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
"I think I've improved my forehand. It's more of a weapon than a liability now." :bounce:

Yay!!! :worship:

Lets go Lindsay!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

joaco
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks a lot!!! GO LINDSAY!!!!!!