PDA

View Full Version : °°The Australian Open Thread°° ¬¬THE AO IS HERE!

AJZ.
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Let's cheer on Ai in this thread!!

Not only in singles, but in doubles too! And we can talk about Sydney as we wait for the actual Australian Open :)

Does anyone know if Ai is playing mixed doubles at the AO?

pcrtennis
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
She's been playing mixed more as of late, I hope she does!

She plays Schiavone...I hope she beats her and jumps around in her face...wait Ai wouldn't do that...that's what IIII would do. She also plays doubles with Hantuchova again against Huber/Groenfeld! GO DANI/AI!

AJZ.
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM
:) We should definately talk more in this forum, it's so much fun!

Yeah, I hope she plays mixed ^-^
I like it when she plays with Kevin Ullyett, they seem to play well together. They've played the last few US Opens together. She also did well with Paul Hanley at Wimbledon 04... But, I don't know if she will play mixed doubles :sad: I guess it depends upon her mood, because she doesn't always played mixed doubles. :sad:

As for Sydney, best of luck to Ai against Shiavone :) I know she can do this, so I hope she does! I believe she's in Kim's quarter though @_@.
And I hope Ai & Dani CRUSH Anna-Lena & Liezel.

pcrtennis
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I was hoping for an easier first round but if she could beat Schiavone for the first time it would give her sooo much confidence! I hope Ai/Daniela win more titles this season and I hope they dont choke huge leads like they did this eyar...I bet they'll qualify for the YEC, since they almsot did last year and they only started playing together half way through the year!! GO Ai!

AJZ.
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah! I totally agree with that. I think their biggest choke was at Zurich against Stubbs and Black in the final, that was :sad:, but their win over Raymond and Stosur was a huge boost for them. Had they only played that last tournament they would've qualified for YEC :sad:

I really hope they win the Australian Open, over all else though. Ai has never won the doubles title there; it would complete her Grand Slam if she did =)

AJZ.
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Sugiyama

I attempted to "update" Ai's entry. All I really did, though, was add the paragraphs about 2005 & 2006, and reformat the Grand Slam Doubles Titles section. Can someone lend me some help with redoing pre-2005? Or generally touch it up?

I was hoping to put a table, with all her titles and the opponents in the finals, but I'm not sure how.

AJZ.
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
:( Dani/Ai lost their doubles match...

ex hopman
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Ai is not feeling well lately, actually...
Come on, Ai, you can do it!

pcrtennis
Jan 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM
She's not feeling well? Like a sickness or......? What's going on Ex HOpman?

AJZ.
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Ai drew Conchita Martinez Granados for her first round match at the Australian Open. She's in the first quarter; seeds include (1) Davenport, (8) Henin-Hardenne, (10) Venus Williams, (25) Kirilenko, (18) Likhovtseva and (24) Golovin.

pcrtennis
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:05 AM
I LOVE THIS FIRST ROUND MATCH-UP!

She destroyed Martinez-Granados at the USO a few years back, MG has nothing at all to concern Ai with. That's a good match. The she either has Dokic or Razzano, both are potentially tricky but she'd be the fav against both. The Henin-HArdenn who Ai beat last time, HOPE SHE DOES WELL! 3rd round at least!

Daniel Nixon
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:03 PM
who is Ai sugiyamas doubles partner i hope it isnt daniela i hope it is kim cijisters (wrong) she play somuch better with her . COME ON AI SUGIYAMA SHOW THEM WHAT YOU GOT. :) :) :) :) :)

ex hopman
Jan 16th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Ai was diagnose as cholecystitis before sydney... so she couldnt practice for one week completely.

she said compared to last year, her motivation is much much better at this point of the season...i am sure she'll be back playing better soon. :)

AJZ.
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Lost in the first round of the AO... :sad:

I hope she and Daniela do well, though - seeded sixth. They should meet Raymond/Stosur in the QF should they make it so far *touch wood*

pcrtennis
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Ai was diagnose as cholecystitis before sydney... so she couldnt practice for one week completely.

she said compared to last year, her motivation is much much better at this point of the season...i am sure she'll be back playing better soon. :)

That's good news that she's motivated!

AJZ.
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Ai Sugiyama is playing today in women's doubles; has entered the Mixed Doubles event with Wayne Arthurs!

AJZ.
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Ai/Dani def. Strycova/Vaidisova 7-5 6-3 :bounce:

They had 0 unforced errors and 6 winners! Insane! They converted 4 break points (on 8 chances) :)

So now, they will face Na Li/Shuai Peng! I hope they crush them, personally - I like Na and Shuai, but I really want Ai & Dani to do well!

Ai plays her first round mixed doubles match tomorrow with Wayne Arthurs, against Carlos Moya & Flavia Pennetta. Good luck Ai!

AJZ.
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:07 AM
Ai/Dani def Li/Peng 6-4 6-3! Congratulations girls :kiss: Impressive performance!

Ai/Wayne def. Moya/Pennetta 6-4 6-4 a few days ago, too :kiss:

Ai & Dani now face the 10th seeded team of Dulko and Kirilenko. You can do it girls, crush them!

Ai and Wayne face... Rennae Stubbs and Todd Perry.

Good luck again :bounce:!

pcrtennis
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:56 AM
Go Ai! She seems to be having a blast in doubles/mixed! I think Aurthurs is a good partner for her and Hantuchova is clearly confident which is also good!

AJZ.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:40 AM
:sad:... Dani and Ai lost 6-1 6-1 to Dulko/Kirilenko... This sucks... I really thought they could win this...