25. Kirilenko
26. Sugiyama
27. Bartoli
28. Medina Garrigues
29. Koukalova
30. Zvonareva
31. Dulko
32. Mirza

These rankings may not be completely correct, because of confusion with the new formula and all, but either way Tati is #24. And I just noticed Bartoli is creeping up on Tati for 4th highest ranked frenchwoman, don't let it happen Tati :mad:

yukon145
Jan 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
good luck Tati! a good draw and a few wins could mean a chance to add some ranking points after last years run.

i hope she plays doubles with Hingis too. Hingis isn't playing doubles in Sydney, so maybe she has agreed to play with Tati for a while, could be wrong though and shes just resting.

martirogi
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:14 AM
please! PLEASE! make a QF here tatiana!

selyoink
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:43 AM
please! PLEASE! make a QF here tatiana!

I'd be happy with the 4th round. Quarterfinals seem a little unrealistic at this point. I hope Tati can prove me wrong.

Harju.
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:06 AM
She has zilt to defend @ AO. I just hope she gets a good draw, at least beast the players that are lower ranked than her, and gives us something to cheer about on the second week of AO. Allez

Tati & Dani
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:42 AM
qualify for the second week Tati :worship:

willrock
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:26 PM
A fourth round would be great especially if she beat a player ranked higher than her. I can't wait to see the draw.
Good luck Tati! :hug:

rseto
Jan 10th, 2006, 06:50 AM
i'm just happy she is seeded 24. at least she can avoid the top 8 a little longer. i'm hoping she can make the 2nd week also.

Craigy
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Go Tati! I guess you will could go further that Serena :tape:

saby
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Bonne chance pour l'OZ, prends le quart Tati !!

wurzelman
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Best wishes Tati :kiss: I'm hoping for at least a 3rd round appearance.

Ballbasher
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Tati :worship:

willrock
Jan 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM
*fingers crossed*
The draw is tomorrow. I would like Tati to be vs Serena (not in form :angel: ) in the last 32.
She could face LenaDementieva, Venus, Dechy, Myskina, Kuznetsova, Schiavone or Vaidisova...
What would be your pick?

selyoink
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Dechy would be my choice. She hasn't played yet this year and I think she may have an injury. Schiavone would be my next pick but she is in the finals of Sydney. No Nasty or Lena D. Don't want Tati playing any of my other favorite players.

martirogi
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:17 PM
no myskina, demen, or venus

maybe she'll get nikkie v and beat her :boxing: but thats unlikely :o

beauty_is_pink
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Tati's in the Top Half of the women's draw:

(1) L.Davenport vs. (WC) C.Dellacqua
K.Bondarenko vs. K.Sprem
E.Gagliardi vs. Voskoboeva
E.Linetskaya vs. (25) M.Kirilenko
(24) T.Golovin vs. M.Sanatangelo
K.Srebotnik vs. S.Foretz
T.Panova vs. A.Parra-Santonja
L.Breadmore vs. (14) S.Kuznetsova
(10) V.Williams vs. T.Pironkova
L.Granville vs. (Q)
L.Dominguez-Lino vs. V.Ruano-Pascual
L.Raymond vs. (18) E.Likhovtseva
(26) A.Sugiyama vs. C.Martinez-Granados
(WC) J.Dokic vs. V.Razzano
H.Sromova vs. A.Morigami
M.Domachowska vs. (8) J.Henin-Hardenne

(4) M.Sharapova vs. S.Kloesel
S.Peng vs. (Q)
M.Washington vs. J.Kostanic
Z.Ondraskova vs. (28) A.Medina-Garrigues
(17) D.Hantuchova vs. S.Obata
D.Randriantefy vs. (WC) A.Ammanduradova
M.Diaz-Oliva vs. C.Pin
N.Li vs. (13) S.Williams
(9) E.Dementieva vs. J.Schruff
(Q) vs. E.Vesnina
(Q) vs. (Q)
J.Craybas vs. (23) J.Jankovic
(29) K.Koukalova vs. E.Bychkova
M.E.Camerin vs. (Q)
(Q) vs. M.Muller
S.Ferguson vs. (6) N.Petrova

-----------

yukon145
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:38 PM
i think Tati got a shit draw, we need to take it match by match though. i still hope Tati enters doubles with Hingis too.

yukon145
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM
i dont know anything about Tati's first round so i looked her up on the WTA tour website and it said she made the 4th round of the Aussie in '04, has made the doubles quarter final of the Aussie, and went 3 sets with Serena last year at Wimbledon.

im not sure if that means anything, but it makes me nervous. Tati will have to be on her game right away to win her first round match.

martirogi
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:12 AM
if tati cant make it to the 3rd round she's fucking ridiculous and an embarassment. that being said kuzzy is not a bad player to get. she's been better than last year, but if tati plays her best she could get a very good win.

ZAK
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Tati should get to the third round, and then we'll she what happens. Svetlana can be terribly inconsistent, but she did just beat Ivanovic this past week.

In response to yukon145's concern about Santangelo, Mara's 2004 form is pretty gone and did you see how Serena was playing at Wimbledon? I mean she ended up losing to Craybas. Mara did badly on the WTA circuit in 2005 and by the end of the year just played challengers. She had pretty good success there, but of course the competition wasn't that great.

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:17 AM
http://tatiworld.free.fr/

website updated for ao!

rseto
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM
i don't like the possible 2nd round match with srebotnik. she ended last year good but didn't have a good tournament in auckland last week.

but tati has to make the 3rd round with this draw. and the entry list for her next tournament in tokyo is loaded.

selyoink
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:28 AM
This is an impossible draw for Tati. This is by far the toughest quarter in my opinion with Davenport, Venus, Justine, and Sveta. That said Tati needs to be able to live up to her seeding. No excuses to lose any earlier. And maybe she can upset Sveta or beat whomever else may await in the third round.

yukon145
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:01 AM
if Tati was to meet Sveta in the 3rd round i like Tati's chances. Tati crushed her before (6-4, 6-1 i think) and that was only 2 months after she had won the US Open.

Tati has to get their first, and thats the hard part.

willrock
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Hmm not an easy draw... Santangelo and Srebotnik should be beaten. :unsure:
If Tati reached the 3rd round, she would then have nothing to lose.
Tati has already beaten Kuzy, there's hope!
A fourth round would be a great result for Tati...

willrock
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:34 AM
if Tati was to meet Sveta in the 3rd round i like Tati's chances. Tati crushed her before (6-4, 6-1 i think) and that was only 2 months after she had won the US Open.

Tati has to get their first, and thats the hard part.

That was in the Fed Cup final 04 :yeah:

TatiAnnahølic
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Ummm... nice draw,me likes it :D Sveta has been playing better but Tati can do it... let's go Tania, Tati, Tatiana, Mademoiselle Hot Pants... !!! :bounce::drool:

Oural56
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:34 PM
It's a great test

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Tough quarter for Tati. :scared:. The first match shouldn't be a problem. Against Srebotnik would be a little tougher that we might have thought though :o. But at least a 3rd round performance for Tati or else all the coaching would be :help:. Kuzzy is beatable if she plays 35904865098 errors in a match. Let's take it match by match ;)

And anyone knows whether she still suffers the injury she had last year :o.

Hopefully she plays double with Hingis. Very likely. Keeping my finger crossed.

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:16 PM
And is it just me or are you guys excited to see what Tati would wear @ AO :bounce:

martirogi
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:50 PM
i have this horrible feeling that tati will lose 1st or 2nd round. if that happens i'll be SO frustrated because she seems stuck at the same level of play.

ZAK
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
i have this horrible feeling that tati will lose 1st or 2nd round. if that happens i'll be SO frustrated because she seems stuck at the same level of play.

From reading some of your posts, you seem like the soothsayer of doom ;)

martirogi
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
From reading some of your posts, you seem like the soothsayer of doom ;)

:lol: im just mad at tati for being ranked at the same level for a year. if she cant improve this year, she'll never be a consistent grand slam threat. the best young talents keep improving and she's not doing that.

selyoink
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:39 AM
:lol: im just mad at tati for being ranked at the same level for a year. if she cant improve this year, she'll never be a consistent grand slam threat. the best young talents keep improving and she's not doing that.

You are dead on with that analysis. She is considered one of the future stars but if there is no improvement this year then she will probably just be a middle of the road player. I'll still support her though.

rseto
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:56 AM

i can understand a 2nd round loss but i'll go crazy if she loses in the 1st. and i think an early loss will be more disappointing because we were looking forward to her improving under a full time coach (although the year is still early).

win or lose, i'm still a fan. :)

Oural56
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Court 18 Start Time 11.00 AM (Monday)

Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.

Tatiana Golovin (FRA)[24]vs. Mara Santangelo (ITA)

:bigclap: Allez Tati!!!!!!!! :bigclap:

yukon145
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:23 PM
please win anyway you have to Tati!

willrock
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Hopefully Eurosport will show Tati!
Anyway I'll wake up or stay awake at 1.00am :D

Solitaire
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Geez court 18 seems so far away. Do they even have cams on that court? I think Tati will beat Mara.

wurzelman
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Good luck Tati, I really think if she wants to keep up with the likes of Nicky and Ana she needs to start getting past these early rounds with little fuss, and I reckon she can take out Kuzzer if she really has improved.

tennisrulz8
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Good luck against Mara!

nouf
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Hopefully Eurosport will show Tati!
Anyway I'll wake up or stay awake at 1.00am :D

i think

rseto
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:04 AM
get a quick win in the 1st round, tati!

willrock
Jan 15th, 2006, 08:18 AM
i think

Yeah I really hope! There's no exciting match at the same time...
But btw is it at 1 or 2am??? Because Eurosport says 1.OOam but there's only 9 hours between Paris and Melbourne... So if play begins at 11.00am in Australia, it should be at 2.00am in France :confused:

TatiAnnahølic
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Eleni Daniilidou GRE (15)
Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (15)
vs.
Michaella Krajicek NED
Agnes Szavay HUN
Jelena Jankovic SCG
Silvija Talaja CRO
vs.
Nathalie Dechy FRA
Tatiana Golovin FRA

Liga Dekmeijere LAT
Mariana Diaz-Oliva ARG
vs.
Amy Frazier USA
Janet Lee TPE
Laura Pous Tio ESP
Mashona Washington USA
vs.
Cara Black ZIM (2)
Rennae Stubbs AUS (2)

willrock
Jan 15th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Thanx TatiAnnahølic ;)
Tati plays doubles w/ her friend Nathalie Dechy. Hopefully they could win a match or two! :D
Martina doesn't seem to play doubles at AO.
Focus on singles :p

yukon145
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Tati and Dechy have had good results together, i think semis at Zurich in 04, but i hope Dechy doesnt pull out because i have heard shes injured.

rseto
Jan 15th, 2006, 11:59 PM
martirogi - nice prediction!

tati lost 4-6 6-4 4-6 to santangelo. at this rate, she'll lose in next year's AO qualifying! :fiery:

ZAK
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:33 AM
What the fuck, Tati?

martirogi
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:35 AM
:rain: :rain: :rain: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :armed: :speakles:

tati where is your game?

:rain: :rain: :rain: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :armed: :speakles:

rseto
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:35 AM
and what the hell is up with 52 unforced errors? but her serving is better; she only had one double fault.

martirogi
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:37 AM
how did this happen? how did she just stop improving since last april?

Solitaire
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM
I'm really shocked with this result :eek: I really didn't see Tati losing this match. :sad: All those UE's is just horrid. At least Tati fought hard and get things into a 3rd.

yukon145
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:43 AM
i knew i had a bad feeling! seriously Tati what the fuck? she had 4-6 6-4 *4-4 40-15. when i get to europe next week im gonna find you and set you straight! :fiery:

ZAK
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:48 AM
im blaming all you people with your bad karma ;)

im still not sure what to say

tennisrulz8
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:55 AM
52 unforced errors?! That is a lot.

rseto
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
i'm lucky i didn't see that 4-6 6-4 *4-4 40-15 score or i would be even more pissed off.

Ceze
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 16th, 2006, 03:10 AM
this has got to be a joke right? :speakles:

nooooooooooooooo :sobbing:

JS
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:29 AM
:sobbing: :bigcry: :sobbing:
I can't believe it....

TatiAnnahølic
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I want to think that she's still trying to work on new things and she's not 100% yet... otherwise this is the most dissapointing loss of her career :fiery::mad:

LostGlory
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:50 AM
:speakles:
:bigcry:

I just can't believe this.......

rseto
Jan 16th, 2006, 11:07 AM
now that i've digested this loss, some quick thoughts.

from her 50+ errors, i really hope she isn't trying to change her game and going for more winners and stuff like that. she needs a good tournament soon and her schedule isn't easy with tokyo and paris. if not, she might not be seeded for indian wells and nasdaq.

i'll give her the benefit of the doubt. maybe she is working on something and she'll have better results later in the year but right now, i just hope she can stay top 32.

améliemomo
Jan 16th, 2006, 11:25 AM
OH NO!

disappointing loss for tatiana.Good luck for the doubles.

Lollipop
Jan 16th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I can't believe it. First round... :sad:

juanito7
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:17 PM
awful, terrible loss....

wurzelman
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM
:sad: my fave out in the first round :sad: And we thought she did bad last year :sad:

selyoink
Jan 17th, 2006, 03:27 AM
A terrible start to the season. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Please don't have peaked already Tati.

Craigy
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Oh Tati :sad: Please pick your game up :sad: I thought you would go further than serena :speakles: :sad:

willrock
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:53 PM
A terrible start to the season. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Please don't have peaked already Tati.

Don't worry.
Tati is young, she played vs an experienced tricky player...
That's a match she won't lose in 2 years.
Concerning tati's peak, I'm sure she'll reach the top 5 in some time. But you know she's young, and Frenchies have the tendency to peak later than other (eg Mauresmo, Tauziat, Dechy...)

selyoink
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Don't worry.
Tati is young, she played vs an experienced tricky player...
That's a match she won't lose in 2 years.
Concerning tati's peak, I'm sure she'll reach the top 5 in some time. But you know she's young, and Frenchies have the tendency to peak later than other (eg Mauresmo, Tauziat, Dechy...)

Its a match she shouldn't be losing now. She is a far better player than Santangelo. There are no excuses for this loss. None.

willrock
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Its a match she shouldn't be losing now. She is a far better player than Santangelo. There are no excuses for this loss. None.

The excuse is that she's got less experience than Santangelo. Trust me. This italian is a tricky player, which will break into the top50. Tati served quite well in comparison to last year stats. Yet she made huge number of errors. She can only improve!

selyoink
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:59 AM
A player attempting to break into the top 50 shouldn't be much of a problem for a 25 player. Santangelo may be a tricky opponent but Tati should still be beating her almost every time.

willrock
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:34 AM
A player attempting to break into the top 50 shouldn't be much of a problem for a 25 player. Santangelo may be a tricky opponent but Tati should still be beating her almost every time.

I agree but we should forgive those losses to young player sometimes.
And so as to prove that Santangelo isn't that bad, she just beat Srebotnik to reach the third round. :rolleyes:

yukon145
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Tati and Dechy play their first round doubles match today if anyone cares. hopfully they can pull out the win.

tennisrulz8
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Good luck to Tati and Nathalie

ZAK
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Tati/Nat won 1-6 6-3 6-3 :D

tennisrulz8
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:13 AM
yay! :bounce:

yukon145
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:53 AM
glad that those two were able to win, and in other good news Ana Ivanovic lost after blowing a 5-1 second set lead. YES!

willrock
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:29 AM
glad that those two were able to win, and in other good news Ana Ivanovic lost after blowing a 5-1 second set lead. YES!

:lol:
Ok the Tati/Ana rivality is strong! Every Tati fan once said that Ana was a bitch.
Nevertheless i wouldn't say that i'm happy that Ana lost, i'm rather glad for Aussies that Stosur keeps up carrying their flag :wavey:

willrock
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Tati and Nat play their second round tomorrow vs Szavay/Krajicek.
Another win would be nice :D

TatiAnnahølic
Jan 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM
glad that those two were able to win, and in other good news Ana Ivanovic lost after blowing a 5-1 second set lead. YES!:devil: :woohoo:

congrats to Tats and Nat! :worship: they play against Szavay & Krajicek next, a winnable match... let's go frenchies!!! :D:D

TatiAnnahølic
Jan 19th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Court 7 Start Time 11.00 AM: Women's Doubles - 2nd Rnd

Michaella Krajicek/Agnes Szavay
vs
Nathalie Dechy/Tatiana Golovin

Harju.
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Tati. :help:. Awful loss. *Dead*

That loss just showed that Tati is still inconsistent as ever. This loss is even worse than the one's @ Wimbledon. At least we know that Tati was injured. I truly have a high hope after she paired up with a coach during the off-season but so far it has been bleah. Granted, it's just the second tournamet, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

And what's up with the outfit. We want a new outfit with hot pants.

Good luck @ doubles.

tennisrulz8
Jan 20th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Nathalie and Tatiana lost to Krajicek/Szavay 2-6 7-6 6-3

willrock
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:23 AM
AO is over for Tati :hug:
Get your sh*t together Tati and please give us an occasion to cheer up in Tokyo...

Tatianandmary
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:33 AM
It's the better way. She must return at the training and play again and again.
I believe in her, we should just wait...

Come on Tati !!!
The top 10 is possible.

Harju.
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:25 PM
All over. First month of the season hasn't been nice towards Tati.

Now everyone, we need to take out the (dusty) voodoo doll back and start the ritual. ;) We want a title already, don't we? :p

tennisrulz8
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Yes, we do!

willrock
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:44 AM
Yeahhhh of course we do!!!
A third final of her career would be nice and then if she could win the title, it would be AWESOME...

martirogi
Jan 21st, 2006, 03:55 PM
her goal for the next month should be not to lose to people ranked below her :smash:

rseto
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:31 PM
her goal for the next month should be not to lose to people ranked below her :smash:

i like this goal. ;)

tati/nat should have found a way to win considering they have much more experience. hope tati can get a good draw in tokyo.

wurzelman
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:01 PM

:yeah:

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
But Tatil will find a way to choke her match away :sad:.

She needs a title. Tons to defend @ Paris.