!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I care.

Filadidas
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
At least Venus has turned up to play...... unlike....... :o

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:21 AM
anyone taking this win away from Lindsay because they think Venus is injured would have to also award Wimbledon to Lindsay, absolute nonsense people. If Venus was injured she wouldn't have played, would have retired or at the very least have stopped for treatment. Well done Lindsay on a convincing win.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
:retard: An exhibition win at the start of the year over an *injured* Vee is hardly worth celebrating. I just asked what was wrong with her.

Lindz Rulez
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Go Lindsay!!!! :bigclap: :worship:

volta
gratz Lindsay :hearts:

Vee hope the injury is nothing and ur 100% to AO :hug:

Elldee
:retard: An exhibition win at the start of the year over an *injured* Vee is hardly worth celebrating. I just asked what was wrong with her.

I don't know, I couldn't see it, but it's nothing new and she didn't have treatment. Ultimately, she made a lot of errors.

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM
This is not good i hope Vee will be OK for the AO

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I don't know, I couldn't see it, but it's nothing new and she didn't have treatment. Ultimately, she made a lot of errors.

Hmm, k.

6-2 6-2 6-3 6-1 = nice way to begin the year, I guess. :)

jogoss_78
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Congratulations Lindsay :)
I think Venus will be fit for AO

Elldee
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Hmm, k.

6-2 6-2 6-3 6-1 = nice way to begin the year, I guess. :)

Indeed. Ruthless and yet not too taxing.

Libertango
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Congrats Lindsay!! I really hope she gets a grand slam this year! :yeah:

Poor Vee....the sisters aren't starting 2006 too well. :sad:

mr_burns
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM
for lindsay it seems to be nice to draw nicole in the 4 round and venus in the qf;-)

Nicjac
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Great Linds :D

Bounty Hunter
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Congrats Lindsay :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

aholloway
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:53 AM
GO LINDSAY DAVENPORT. HA HA VENUS 6-3 6-1 WAS IT. WERE IS YOU R WINBLEDON VICTORY NOW. Wait for the oz open and a girl name lindsay will be there to defeat your as* again in 2

Wow, over an exhibition match? That is sad. Nope Venus Williams still wonthe 2005 Wimbledon Ladies Singles title.

Kimmi
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:55 AM
GO LINDSAY DAVENPORT. HA HA VENUS 6-3 6-1 WAS IT. WERE IS YOU R WINBLEDON VICTORY NOW. Wait for the oz open and a girl name lindsay will be there to defeat your as* again in 2

:lol: Lol, I love it!

I think I'll join in the chant:

LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! :rocker2:

jacs
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:57 AM
I feel that this thread is about to get ugly... er, uglier.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Vee :unsure:

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:58 AM

OMFG. lmao!!!! :lol:

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM

OMFg X2! lol.

wow these fans are non stop. Well done on the exo win Lindsay!!

But cmon guys, do you really think that this means as much as the Wimby fina?? honestly???

A win over an injured Venus at an exo doenst even come CLOSE to a GS final!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:03 AM
OMG :scared:

I would have to agree with this statement. 6-3 6-1, and in straight sets. who gives a sh*t about weather venus was injured or not. In Winbledon lindsay was injured and it took venus 3 long sets to defeat the brave lindsay Davenport who had a back injury and brought it to a tie break in the second set and 9-7 in the third. Lindsay did n't want to think that Venus was going to defeat that easy. But this result tells it all. WELL DONE LINDSAY FOR BEATING THE WINBLEDON CHAMPION 6-3 6-1. ONLY YOU COULD HAVE DONE IT . :devil: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:tape:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:03 AM

:music:

-VSR-
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Am I finally seeing the ugly side of Davenport fans? This is starting to me make me less a fan of Lindsay.

Also its an exhibtion match don't get your panties in a bunch. Vee was prob not even trying since she did not have her great speed. Davenport was NOT injured at Wimbledon, so don't play that card. Wow, Davenport fans are getting ugly. :o

Kimmi
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
But cmon guys, do you really think that this means as much as the Wimby fina?? honestly???

A win over an injured Venus at an exo doenst even come CLOSE to a GS final!

I know :sad:

My only excuse is that I have been without tennis since November and therefore a win like this makes me slightly over-excitable. But still, I will celebrate.....

LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! :lol:

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm sure no one is putting this on a par with a slam win :lol: but it's great stuff from Linds and people are entitled to be thrilled with any win, anywhere over Venus. The OZ Open is only days away at this stage and its important that Lindsay is fit and well and playing some clinical tennis.

servenrichie
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Get hold of yourself. It is just an exhibition match, not even a wta match. As far as I am concerned, I think Venus also, Lindsay could have all the exhibition matches and leave the grandslam titles for Venus. Party along, I suspect though, you dont event understand what it is all about:tape:

Bounty Hunter
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Am I finally seeing the ugly side of Davenport fans? This is starting to me make me less a fan of Lindsay.

Also its an exhibtion match don't get your panties in a bunch. Vee was prob not even trying since she did not have her great speed. Davenport was NOT injured at Wimbledon, so don't play that card. Wow, Davenport fans are getting ugly. :o

That is the same way I feel about the Venus fans when Serena lost her "exhibtion" match to Elena.... Pay back is a b@#$ .... I love that the score line is the same... :lol: :lol:

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I know :sad:

My only excuse is that I have been without tennis since November and therefore a win like this makes me slightly over-excitable. But still, I will celebrate.....

LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! LINDSAY!! :lol:

its understandable. lol.

I would probably be pretty smug with Venus had it been the other way around, and Venus lost in the Wimby final and won here. lol.. (but in the same way as some of you ..i dont think so :tape: :lol: )

Congrats Lindsay! Cant wait to see if you play Clijsters in the final! Will be very entertaining!!!! :bounce:

..but Vee WILL beat you in AO...its inevitable. lol :lol: :worship:

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM
People shouldn't get so wound up, Lindsay won and her fans are delighted-whats the harm?! In a couple of weeks we will see the true worth of this win but for now its nice that Lindsay has started the year so well with a win over one of her biggest rivals (that she could draw in OZ).

jamatthews
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM

You're only just seeing it? :eek: ;) :p

mjones
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Where did the rumor start that Venus is playing with an injury? I find it hard to believe Venus would play an exhibition match injured with a grand slam only a week away.

cometz9
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Venus :sad: i'm glad she was able to play for the fans, hopefully she'll be ready for the AO.

Lindsay :D good luck in the final, still playing the best tennis

Kenny
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Good win, Lindsay.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:33 AM
anyone taking this win away from Lindsay because they think Venus is injured would have to also award Wimbledon to Lindsay, absolute nonsense people. If Venus was injured she wouldn't have played, would have retired or at the very least have stopped for treatment. Well done Lindsay on a convincing win.

Whatever! Lindsay served for the match twice before her injury so please spare us. Yes she beat Venus today in an exhibition good for her, but at least we knew Venus injury (if she was) was mentioned yesterday not during the match where she had the opportunity to serve for it.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:36 AM

They are probably 12 year olds, and have less than 50 posts.

She WAS injured at Wimbledon, but that's totally irrelevant.

Kimmi
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I feel that this thread is about to get ugly... er, uglier.

Yep :) I think it's all downhill from here :lol:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:42 AM
How can u be surprised by Venus unforced errors ?

She made thousands and thousands UE since years now ... She's one of the most inconsistent player and she's in the top 10 only because she played great 2 weeks last year ...
If she didn't improve, she will be 16 or sthing like that at the end of the year ... and i don't think her game deserves a better rank ! :tape:

Then, great lindsay ! Will she play Sydney ?
'Cause i think that Sydney winner will have a very good shot at Oz ... even if nobody knows what to expect from Mary Pierce :cool:

vettipooh
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Nicely done, Lindsay!!!:yeah: Time to step it up, Vee!! AO is around the corner!!!:)

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM
How can u be surprised by Venus unforced errors ?

She made thousands and thousands UE since years now ... She's one of the most inconsistent player and she's in the top 10 only because she played great 2 weeks last year ...
If she didn't improve, she will be 16 or sthing like that at the end of the year ... and i don't think her game deserves a better rank ! :tape:

Then, great lindsay ! Will she play Sydney ?
'Cause i think that Sydney winner will have a very good shot at Oz ... even if nobody knows what to expect from Mary Pierce :cool:

ROFLMABOA so Venus with 33 WTA caree titles which consist of 5 Grandslams not including her doubles and Olympic medal is inconsistent and should not be in the top 10 because she had two bad years after an abdominal strain. Yet Petrova with her 1 WTA win after 6 years , Patty Schnyder with her 10 titles after 11 years deserve to be there because they played 25 and 26 tournaments respectively.

If you people will look at Venus game objectively you would see why she's not playing Venus-like tennis. Her game has changed so much as she taking some of her pace off and working on other elements but then again, I think most people would prefer her to play in a lot of tournaments make qtrs and semis like Petrova and others so that they can sing the consistency song.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I think most people would prefer her to play in a lot of tournaments make qtrs and semis like Petrova and others so that they can sing the consistency son

Thats nice. Do you know anything about tennis fans? :tape:

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Thats nice. Do you know anything about tennis fans? :tape:

I know that most of them if they are realistic would stop this crap about consistency and talk more about results. Yes Venus did not have a great year outside of Wimbledon. I and I'm sure all of her fans would prefer her winning more tournaments, but to tell me that you prefer a player being consistent and not winning titles is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Hell Patty is ranked above Justine. Why? She played more tournament not because she's better.

Nickk
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Now I actually wish Venus had a minor injury as an excuse. :tape: ;)

Congrats, Lindsay.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:18 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well, not surprising with Lindsay on court :angel:

Lindsay, the current number one :bounce:

Meesh
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Congrats Lindsay!

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Congrats Lindsay!

Not to worry fellow Venus fans. Venus has nearly two weeks to prepare for the Aus Open. She and Serena can pack it up now and head over to Australian and begin work. It is enough time for Venus to be ready. It took her two weeks between RG and Wimbledon to bring her game together to take the most prestigious title in tennis. She has about that much time here. She'll be ready to rumble come Aug. 16! This loss to Lindsay is just what she needed to get her focus.

And, as to all the other rubbish about her consistency. She is the most consistent player on tour and even more consistent than the current #1 player. She has been in more grand slam finals than any active player and has the second highest number of Grand Slam titles. Her career, grass, hardcourt, and clay W/L percentages are higher than Lindsays, and she is 3-0 against Lindsay in Grand Slam finals.

Has she been as consistent since coming back from injury? No! But throughout her career, she has been pretty darn consistent. Just look at the facts.

Infiniti2001
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Congrats Lindsay!

Not to worry fellow Venus fans. Venus has nearly two weeks to prepare for the Aus Open. She and Serena can pack it up now and head over to Australian and begin work. It is enough time for Venus to be ready. It took her two weeks between RG and Wimbledon to bring her game together to take the most prestigious title in tennis. She has about that much time here. She'll be ready to rumble come Aug. 16! This loss to Lindsay is just what she needed to get her focus.

And, as to all the other rubbish about her consistency. She is the most consistent player on tour and even more consistent than the current #1 player. She has been in more grand slam finals than any active player and has the second highest number of Grand Slam titles. Her career, grass, hardcourt, and clay W/L percentages are higher than Lindsays, and she is 3-0 against Lindsay in Grand Slam finals.

Has she been as consistent since coming back from injury? No! But throughout her career, she has been pretty darn consistent. Just look at the facts.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:, meanwhile there's nothing better than winning that Wimbledon trophy, so I doubt Venus is out crying in her beer :lol:

Paneru
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I would have to agree with this statement. 6-3 6-1, and in straight sets. who gives a sh*t about weather venus was injured or not. In Winbledon lindsay was injured and it took venus 3 long sets to defeat the brave lindsay Davenport who had a back injury and brought it to a tie break in the second set and 9-7 in the third. Lindsay did n't want to think that Venus was going to defeat that easy. But this result tells it all. WELL DONE LINDSAY FOR BEATING THE WINBLEDON CHAMPION 6-3 6-1. ONLY YOU COULD HAVE DONE IT . :devil: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Oh come off it!

Lindsay choked having had the match
in her hands twice, get over it! :p

Venus will be ready for the AO
which is what the goal is. :)

fnuf7
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Woo! :woohoo: Pleasing news, even if it is just an exhibition tournement, always good to beat people who you sometimes have trouble with. Pity this couldn't have happened at Wimbledon last year! :lol: Nevermind, onwards with 2006!

Oh and hope Venus isn't badly injured, cos I actually think she's quite cool. :)

marmite1
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nice one Lins ;)

lizchris
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:07 PM
It is funny that some on this board are making a big deal of Lindsa'y's win over Venus in a exhibition that:

Isn't an official WTA torunament
Doesn't count towards anyone's 2006 record

So Lindsay beat Venus. Both are great players. But it doesn't take away from the fact that Venus is the holder of the Wimbledon trohpy, not Lindsay.

This exhibition is getting more press than the three WTA tour events that are going on this week.:rolleyes:

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Woo! :woohoo: Pleasing news, even if it is just an exhibition tournement, always good to beat people who you sometimes have trouble with. Pity this couldn't have happened at Wimbledon last year! :lol: Nevermind, onwards with 2006!

Oh and hope Venus isn't badly injured, cos I actually think she's quite cool. :)Yeah, Lindz is one of my favorites, too. I love when she and Venus play as they both go at it usually, often bringing out the best in each other. Their rivalry goes back a long way and their head to head indicates that they both have a lot of respect for each other.

Lindsay was the most supportive player of Venus when she was struggling in 2004 and said that she always roots for Venus when she is not playing. And Venus said the same thing after the Wimbie final that she if she and Serena had not won Wimbledon, she would have wanted Lindsay to win!

I wanted Venus to win Wimbledon, but if Davenport had then I would have had a smile on my face, too!

drive-volley
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Everybody knows that one has to be in a great form to beat Lindsay, even if the one's name is Venus Williams. So how could Venus win that one if the's not 100% fit? Anyways, bravo Lindsay, I didn't expected this match to be so short. Looks like she's in a great shape :yeah: .

ampers&
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM
lmao at some of these fans. :rolleyes:
shit never changes does it?
congratulations to Lindsay and better luck next time Vee.

SelesFan70
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Yay, Lindsay! :D

starr
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM
How horrible to start off the season injured after having taken off for that last part of the year to recover and be injury free.

MisterMan
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Lindsay will do well at the AO - she will (as usual) get a very easy cakewalk draw to the semi's.
I'm thinking the usual draw - Qualifier, then a lucky loser, then a Wildcard, then Hantuchova...
she seems to really luck out on draws pre-semi final.

starr
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
oh, yes. Lindsay is very lucky. It's amazing that she's ever managed to win even one slam.

hingis-seles
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Congrats, Lindsay. With Hingis back and Davenport beating up on pretty much everyone, it feels like the good old days again. ;)

Venus shouldn't be too upset with this loss. It's just an exhibition and she gets time to give her injury time to heal. Besides, she looked smoking hot in the press conferece. :drool:

Maajken
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
woohhoooo lindsay! :bounce:

you still rule! :worship:

Elldee
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Lindsay will do well at the AO - she will (as usual) get a very easy cakewalk draw to the semi's.
I'm thinking the usual draw - Qualifier, then a lucky loser, then a Wildcard, then Hantuchova...
she seems to really luck out on draws pre-semi final.

Do you watch any tennis?

Lindsay drew Kim Clijsters in the fourth round of both the French and Wimbledon and beat her both times, whilst Venus had to play Crazybas in the fourth round of Wimbledon and it was in fact Venus who has played Hantuchova in the last two slams.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I think most people would prefer her to play in a lot of tournaments make qtrs and semis like Petrova and others so that they can sing the consistency song.

I and I'm sure all of her fans would prefer her winning more tournaments

Oh.... so by most people you didn't actually mean Venus fans? :shrug:

but to tell me that you prefer a player being consistent and not winning titles is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Hell Patty is ranked above Justine. Why? She played more tournament not because she's better.

Who wants her to be consistent and not win titles? :confused:

Maryamator
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM
It was an exhibition and vee was injured i do like lindsay cant u show some respect for venus because she played eventhough she was injured?

darrinbaker00
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Lindsay would gladly exchange a double-bagel in an exo for Vee's Wimbledon title. That being said, this is one of the rare times, exo or not, that either of these ladies beat the other so convincingly. Good job, Mrs. Leach.

tennisjay
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I’m a huge Lindsay fan also, but common most of you guys are sounding a little desperate here. I mean your this joyous over a expo match that didn’t mean S**t. Let’s get real here, but I guess a win over Venus at any cost will bring out the hater in anyone. :(

Dawn Marie
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Oh nothing wrong with gloating. Lindsay won an expo match.. great job.

Venus still was the one who beat Lindsay at Wimbeldon playing a great 2:45 minute match and held the trophy after a long break from a slam win. I can go on this for another year becaus ethe victory was THAT fullfiling.

Lindsay needs to win a slam, period.:)

Venus and Lindsay imho are veterens who have much respect for each other's game. They tight. There oldschhool.

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
imagine if Venus and Lindsay were to play at the AO.....imagine the choas in the thread. This was an exhibitiona and people are going nuts!!!

St.Sebastian
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Well done Linzi :woohoo:

Haute
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Lindsay would gladly exchange a double-bagel in an exo for Vee's Wimbledon title. That being said, this is one of the rare times, exo or not, that either of these ladies beat the other so convincingly. Good job, Mrs. Leach.

Lindsay does deserve credit for winning, whether Venus was injured or not. However, the fact that the scoreline is so one-sided should be telling that something was not right with Venus since their matches are hardly one-sided affairs.

It is a little disappointing how some people on here are reacting to this match. I thought there was a better relationship than this between Lindsay and Venus' fans? :shrug:

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM

Yaaaa Lindsay!!! You beat Venus in an exhibition match where she was barely trying and you LOSE to her in the biggest and most prestigous event, WIMBLEDON! Woo Hooo Lindsay!!! :kiss:

*PS- You fans need to stop making excuses about Lindsay being injured at Wimbledon. That's BULL! She had a match point during that Finals, after the aclaimed injury! Any true Champion would have taken advantage of that one in a life time opportunity. I think many of you have ofrgotten that Serena was injured in the Australian Open Finals, and she still demolished Lindsay in the 3rd. What was the score?? 6-0 :kiss: :tape: I don't think lindsay scored more than 2 points in that set :tape: :tape: :kiss:

Jakeev
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Hey I am glad to see Lindsay win but this is just a freakin exhibition folks. Big deal. And for some of you to dump on Venus.......not very cool.......

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Venus still was the one who beat Lindsay at Wimbeldon playing a great 2:45 minute match and held the trophy after a long break from a slam win. I can go on this for another year becaus ethe victory was THAT fullfiling. I'm with you! The way Venus played in the QF and SF against Pierce and Sharapova was just. :eek: While the final match with Lindsay was more intense, Venus brought it at every critical! I mean those two times she "got serious" and broke Lindsay at love; and the third time again in the third, where Lindsay only won one point on her serve. Then, that 25 point rally late in the third. Great stuff. She soooo was not going to be beaten in that match that day. After she broke Lindsay at 7 all, everyone in the stadium knew (including Lindsay) that a Venus victory was inevitable and not to be denied.
If Venus brings that kind of intensity and focus, she is always the one to beat. I hope that she can quickly recover from this hip thing and hit the courts. Once she is in the second week, I expect her to take it into another gear at the Aus Open. Watch out.

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Candy stripe. Venus is in a league of her own tennis wise! No amount of injuries can prevent her from taking home that trophy babes! :kiss: I think you should probably give up! Davy will never iwn another GS.. Sorry babes :kiss:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:17 PM
OK guys.... who wants to bet on candystripe?

I'm going with Leena. :tape:

candystripe
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Well done lindsay again

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Lets everybody chill out, this is getting way too nasty in a thread that should be congratulating Lindsay. Lindsay won today, Venus was beaten off the court by the better player in the semi final of an exhibition. Either side shouldn't be getting hysterical. Can't we just say-well done Lindsay on a nice start to the year, keep it going-and leave it at that.

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Unkile who :fiery:
Like omg! :o Look at your VStrip thingy. It's really red :o

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Serena has pulled out.

candystripe
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
imagine if Venus and Lindsay were to play at the AO.....imagine the choas in the thread. This was an exhibitiona and people are going nuts!!!

Yea it will be interesting

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:35 PM
The chaos would be something to behold, I'd say the site would crasg :-D

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Venus is the btter Champion. Hands Down!

LindsayRulz
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Good job linds :worship: 6-3 6-1 :hearts:

venus_rulez
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Lindsay herself said that her injury did not affect her performance in the last games at wimbledon, and anyway even if it did, the match would have ended the same anyway. venus showed several times in that match that when she played her best she was going to win. Granted she only played her best tennis when she needed to, but that's the goal of any sport...to win. At 2-5 down in the first set, Venus hit 7 winners to get 4-5, playing spectacular tennis. At 5-6 down in the second Venus won 7 consecutive points to lead the tiebreak 3-0. She also came back from game score deficits in the third set at 2-4, 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7. In most of those you'll find that it was Venus who played amazing tennis to win those points, Not Davenport errors. And really anybody that believes that either of the two could beat the other 6-3, 6-1 without there being something major going on, considering they almost always go three sets and there last meeting went 9-7 in the third is RIDICULOUS. At the same time, anyone who thought a not 100% Venus would win this match, against a player she ALWAYS has difficulty against is also ridiculous. Most people on this board don't like listening to reason, but that doesn't make it any less true, so go ahead and attack each other it doesn't change that Lindsay still won this match and venus still won Wimbledon.

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Yes lets try to be reasonable and look forward to 06 instead of sniping at eachother at whats been and gone in 05. Heres to a great 06 and lets hope we have another great Slam dual between Lindsay and Venus to look forward to.

venus_rulez
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Yes lets try to be reasonable and look forward to 06 instead of sniping at eachother at whats been and gone in 05. Heres to a great 06 and lets hope we have another great Slam dual between Lindsay and Venus to look forward to.

:worship:

Stamp Paid
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:56 PM
OK guys.... who wants to bet on candystripe?

I'm going with Leena. :tape:

nah, this ones not scathing enough to be that whore.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM
nah, this ones not scathing enough to be that whore.

Leena's apprentice then, you know who I mean. :tape:

Stamp Paid
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Leena's apprentice then, you know who I mean. :tape:

lol, too pathetic. :haha: the big ass sig should have been a dead giveaway.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:03 PM
And "Winbledon".

:o

new-york
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:05 PM
First. Congrats Linday, you had really strong win in this tourny. Keep it up.

Then. Venus, i hope you're feeling good and be ready for the AO.

Now. :o

Listed in the history books. Along with the 2 others she won and the 2 finals she made between 2000 and 2003.

Well, i agree Lindsay must have played well and i'm the first to congratulate. But as Lindsay said, Venus just took it away from her every time she almost had it at Wimbly, and oh...i remember that she also said that it Venus playing well was the factor.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it's tough to try to really put it into words right now. Obviously, I'm extremely disappointed. But, I mean, I feel like I gave it everything I had out there, and every time the chips were down for Venus, she played unbelievable.I mean, you know, I thought I played really well. I thought I had a lot of chances. And I felt like she never allowed me to take advantage of those chances. She just played great whenever she was down.

Q. Could you give us a medical report on your back.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it just -- all of a sudden I went to go down to return and I kind of always kind of bend over, kind of just tightened up all of a sudden on me. It's tight now, but I was really, really thankful that it never got worse and it didn't detract from my tennis. I mean, I was a little nervous there that one ball it might completely lock up. But towards the end of the match, it wasn't really a factor. I don't feel it cost me to lose the match. Was happy about that.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: 3-2. But, you know, it just kind of got really tight, then it stayed that way. But it was totally -- able to play through it. I mean, it wasn't anything that made me not be able to perform.

So please. And congrats Lindsay. ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM
at least she turned up to play, unlike my serena.:( i give her credit, even if she lost.

candystripe
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Bhi an lindsay Davenport ag imirt an cluiseacht an-maith inniu. Bhi si ag imirt go hailainn aghaidh Venus Williams. (Gaeilge)

candystripe
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:15 PM

Listed in the history books. Along with the 2 others she won and the 2 finals she made between 2000 and 2003.

Well, i agree Lindsay must have played well and i'm the first to congratulate. But as Lindsay said, Venus just took it away from her every time she almost had it at Wimbly, and oh...i remember that she also said that it Venus playing well was the factor.

I am sorry, who would go to all this trouble. Is cuimhin leis ta tu bronach

Wsisters45
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Yaaaa Lindsay!!! You beat Venus in an exhibition match where she was barely trying and you LOSE to her in the biggest and most prestigous event, WIMBLEDON! Woo Hooo Lindsay!!! :kiss:

*PS- You fans need to stop making excuses about Lindsay being injured at Wimbledon. That's BULL! She had a match point during that Finals, after the aclaimed injury! Any true Champion would have taken advantage of that one in a life time opportunity. I think many of you have ofrgotten that Serena was injured in the Australian Open Finals, and she still demolished Lindsay in the 3rd. What was the score?? 6-0 :kiss: :tape: I don't think lindsay scored more than 2 points in that set :tape: :tape: :kiss:

Wow that post was extremely unnecessary. Why attack Lindsay just cuz she won the match? You don't her gloating about it, yell at her fans,not her dumbass. And you're extremely stupid if you dont think Lindsay was injured in the 3rd set. Venus won fairly 100% at Wimbledon. She deserved it. Your post just screams Sour grapes,all of the other venus fans give credit where credit is due. And Lindsay has 3 slams, how many have you won?

Lindasy :) beat Kim in the finals!

Venus :) get better for the AO and win it :yeah:

candystripe
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Póg mo thóin! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

new-york
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM

learn respect.

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Pog mo thoin :lol:, I haven’t heard that one in a while!! Ta tu an dána candystripe! Ta na daoine eile sa forum ar buile faoi do posts! Nil mórán Gaeilge agam. Lindsay Abu!

PatM04
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Congrats Lindsay!
Get well for the AO Venus!!

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM
US OPEN '98/WINBLEDON '99/AUSTRIALIAN OPEN '00

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
ah be nice Candystripe speaks Gaeilge first;)

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Congrats Lindsay :)

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
ah be nice Candystripe speaks Gaeilge first;)
Well, she spoke perfect english when she was talking all that shit.

pisces
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Threads are only ugly ,when it a Williams.That when you see,people true color"s.Great match Lindsay.Your"ll one of my girls.I love all my American ladies.Jenny can"t wait for you too!Born in the U.S.A........

Lindsayfan32
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM

Wasn't injured hello were we watching the same match. Lindsay ended the match with a lower back strain that kept her out for four weeks after wimbledon. Take nothing away from Venus victory as I'm not an ugly Lindsay fan I'm a fair one.

Veenut
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
It's quite obvious that some of Lindsay's fans are still seething after that Wimbledon loss to Venus. Anyway I think they could have at least waited for a "real" match before ranting like this, then the victory would be valid. Not even Lindsay herself will be revelling in this victory.

Anyway, I'm happy that Venus lost so that she doesn't aggrevate her injury any further and hope she will be healthy for the AO where it counts.

Congrats Lindsay!

Barlos
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Wether venus was injured or not it's a perfect start for Lindsay. She's playing great going into the Austalian Open and that's what matters :)

V-MAC
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM

:o Oh great, some Irish eejit seems to have crawled out from under a stone somewhere to give the rest of us Irish people on the board here a bad name :rolleyes: Candystripe, ta langer ort! :tape:

Anyway congrats Lindsay, nice win for her.
But now I'm just concerned about Venus and her injury coz even Venus back in 2004 (when she was in awful form) could still push Lindsay all the way. Now with only winning 4 games altogether in this match, there is obviously something wrong...just hope Vee is FULLY fit for AO :)

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Threads are only ugly ,when it a Williams.That when you see,people true color"s.Great match Lindsay.Your"ll one of my girls.I love all my American ladies.Jenny can"t wait for you too!Born in the U.S.A........
What??

meyerpl
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
:worship: Best post in the thread. :worship:
Without a doubt the post both Venus and Lindsay would agree with wholeheartedly.

-VSR-
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Wasn't injured hello were we watching the same match. Lindsay ended the match with a lower back strain that kept her out for four weeks after wimbledon. Take nothing away from Venus victory as I'm not an ugly Lindsay fan I'm a fair one.

The "injury" did not affect her play at all.

Also, I love the this "injury" is brought up by so many Davenport "fans". But if someone said anything about a Williams losing a match because of "injury" all hell breaks lose.

RJWCapriati
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:10 PM
well I was close, said 6-2, 6-1

GO LINDSAY!!!!!

servenrichie
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I am sorry, who would go to all this trouble. Is cuimhin leis ta tu bronach
Obviously, someone who really want to call you on your stupidity, du bist aber auch wirklich beim Geburt auf dem Kopf gefallen:o

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Some of the posters are really being ignorant. Both Davenport and my fellow Venus fans are being ridiculous! And1bsk310 and Candystripe are both acting like 4 year olds come on! I think we can all see this wasnt a match that either player considered very important! Great win lindsay! i have a strong feeling she will go far at the Oz and I hope Venus gets well soon for Australia!!!

oh and btw Candystripe learn to spell before you go nuts on your signature

Kar16d
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Nobody really plays at Exho's anyway

meyerpl
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Congrats Lindsay :)
:worship: True class. :worship:

meyerpl
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Nobody really plays at Exho's anyway
I disagree. A professional athlete doesn't know how NOT to compete. They play hard if they're playing tic-tac-toe. It's second nature for them, or they're in the wrong field.

Leo_DFP
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Nice win, LD. :) Looks like someone is taking 2006 seriously from the start.

Leo_DFP
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:09 PM
The "injury" did not affect her play at all.

Also, I love the this "injury" is brought up by so many Davenport "fans". But if someone said anything about a Williams losing a match because of "injury" all hell breaks lose.

No, people make more of a deal because Venus has made excuses in the past couple of years for her losses due to "injuries" and discredits her conquerors. Lindsay does not, certainly not to the same degree, even if some of her lame fans do.

Anyway, this is just an exhibition and the board should not be going so nuts.

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:57 PM
No, people make more of a deal because Venus has made excuses in the past couple of years for her losses due to "injuries" and discredits her conquerors. Lindsay does not, certainly not to the same degree, even if some of her lame fans do.

Anyway, this is just an exhibition and the board should not be going so nuts.
I don't think that's true about Venus. I've never seen her discredit any opponent. She and Serena have been accused of that ad nauseum, but I've yet to see any proof. I think accusations about them attributing a loss to injury and discrediting their opponent was a piece of fiction that just by word of mouth became fact.

meyerpl
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I don't think that's true about Venus. I've never seen her discredit any opponent. She and Serena have been accused of that ad nauseum, but I've yet to see any proof. I think accusations about them attributing a loss to injury and discrediting their opponent was a piece of fiction that just by word of mouth became fact.
I don't think Venus does this any more than any other player. They all seem to do it to some extent after a loss; say that they either played poorly or they played hurt, and, oh yeah, my opponent played pretty well.

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Wow that post was extremely unnecessary. Why attack Lindsay just cuz she won the match? You don't her gloating about it, yell at her fans,not her dumbass. And you're extremely stupid if you dont think Lindsay was injured in the 3rd set. Venus won fairly 100% at Wimbledon. She deserved it. Your post just screams Sour grapes,all of the other venus fans give credit where credit is due. And Lindsay has 3 slams, how many have you won?

Lindasy :) beat Kim in the finals!

Venus :) get better for the AO and win it :yeah:
My mom won 1 :)

bis2806
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM
If you all think Venus didn't give a damn about the match, well, you're wrong. I was there sitting in the first row and Venus was NOT injured. She was playing just as normal, and Lindsay simply outclassed her. Period. No bullshit about injury please. She also played fine against Mirza the day before, even after she fell down.

meyerpl
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:20 PM
If you all think Venus didn't give a damn about the match, well, you're wrong. I was there sitting in the first row and Venus was NOT injured. She was playing just as normal, and Lindsay simply outclassed her. Period. No bullshit about injury please. She also played fine against Mirza the day before, even after she fell down.
I agree that players care about any and every match they play regardless of the situation. They care a lot.

I disagree that Lindsay "outclassed" Venus Williams. Nobody "outclasses" Venus Williams. Nobody "outclasses" Lindsay Davenport either, for that matter. Come on, that choice of words just incites hard feelings.

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Gosh, I'm so glad this win gives some of you so much joy. There's so little left in the world. :)

bis2806
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:57 AM
I give so much joy for every win that Lindsay makes. This win probably made you so much sulkier.

Foot_Fault
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:06 AM
This could go On and On and On and ....well you get the point.

vwfan
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:13 AM
It's so funny. :lol:

It's an exo; nothing on the line, except maybe a little injured pride. Dementieva won last year and I don't think it helped propel her very far in the Aus Open. Venus beat Sharpie the year before and she exited during the third round at the Aus Open.

I am sure Venus didn't enjoy losing and certainly not with that scoreline. If she plays that way during the Aus Open, well, she'll just get another beatdown. And if Lindsay flubs another chance at a GS title, then she will confirm that she is currently the best tennis player in the world, outside of slam competition. We will only know when we know.

Peace Out everybody.

candystripe
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM

And your point being!!! :bounce:

candystripe
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Pog mo thoin :lol:, I haven’t heard that one in a while!! Ta tu an dána candystripe! Ta na daoine eile sa forum ar buile faoi do posts! Nil mórán Gaeilge agam. Lindsay Abu!

O god yea!!!!!! dav abu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denise4925
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I give so much joy for every win that Lindsay makes. This win probably made you so much sulkier.
Not really, as it doesn't mean as much as a Wimbledon victory, but I guess you haven't had that feeling in quite some time, so any little thing will do. :wavey:

Denise4925
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM
And your point being!!! :bounce:
No, that's at the top of your head. :)