Jan 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM
:sad:

mr_burns
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:14 AM
injured or not? she wouldn't played an exhibotion if it was serious

Lindsay rocks

vutt
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:16 AM
ha-ha, nice ass kickin indeed, injured or not, but if you step on the court then...

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM
A great morale boost for Lindsay!! Of course no one is going to go crazy over an exhibition but with OZ Open so close it a great win over someone she could meet there. Congrats Lindsay!!

adachi
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Venus:sad: Get well soon

WF4EVER
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:26 AM
If she was injured she shouldn't have played. Great start to the year by both sisters. They should take another vacation.

Sevenseas
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Congratulations to Lindsay. :)

Get well soon, Venus...:sad: :sad:

Tenisci
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Venus :sad:

Andy T
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:40 AM
ha-ha, nice ass kickin indeed, injured or not, but if you step on the court then...

Surely, there is no way she'd risk making an "injury" worse a couple of weeks before Melbourne by playing an exhibition. That'd be unbelieveably stupid, which Venus is not. Therefore, the injury must be very minor.

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
A great morale boost for Lindsay!! Of course no one is going to go crazy over an exhibition but with OZ Open so close it a great win over someone she could meet there. Congrats Lindsay!!

finally someone talking some sense around here. :wavey:

SloKid
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Saying she's injured even before the match is just making excuses...If you're injured don't play and get ready for bigger events in 2006, like I don't know, AO maybe...:shrug:

Nice one Lindsay. I hope this year she finally wins another Slam...:yeah:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Well maybe Venus didnt think playing would further hinder her injury, and wanted to see how it went. cut her some slack!

Pheobo
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:02 PM
The sisters always have an injury excuse handy...

Lindsay :yeah:

lizchris
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:11 PM

You should have told that to Lindsay last July 2 (I think you know what happened that day).

BTW, Venus isn't seriously injured because if she was, she would have withdrawn like Serena did (who has a knee injury).

lizchris
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:13 PM
The sisters always have an injury excuse handy...

Lindsay :yeah:

They also have the AO and Wimbledon trohpies and one of them was injured en route to beating Lindsay.

thrust
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Playing injured in a Wimbledon final is far more understandable than playing injured in an exhibition.

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Saying she's injured even before the match She indicated that she was in pain after her first match. Venus needs to bring her A game to beat Davenport, who undoubtedly wanted/needed the win more than Venus did.

Why not fulfill your obligation without sweating it and risking further injury?

Afterall, Venus has the Wimbledon 2005 trophy to console her.

lizchris
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Playing injured in a Wimbledon final is far more understandable than playing injured in an exhibition.

Neither is because if depending on the injury, you could be hurting yourself even more. Venus found that out in 2003.

sunset
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Double trouble: Williams sisters' prospects in doubt.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/01/ipt/1136507169.jpg

lizchris
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Double trouble: Williams sisters' prospects in doubt.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/01/ipt/1136507169.jpg

Nothing is in doubt. Both said they will play the AO.

starr
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:34 PM
It is terrible that both Venus and Serena are injured their first match back after having taken off nearly all of the fall season to recover from injuries and get back in shape.

But very very fortunate that both already know they will be recovered from these injuries and ready to play in the Australian Open.

Kimdsay
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:47 PM
:woohoo: Lindsay!! :cool:
Happy to hear that Venus is not seriously injured... :yeah: :)

SelesFan70
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Funny how some fan bases can't take a defeat without some sort of excuse to go with it. :rolleyes:

Yay, Lindsay! :D

tenn_ace
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I don't care about the result as long as Venus is ok... Is she?

silverwhite
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Vee :sad:

416_Man
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM
It must not have been that bad of an injury, as she played the match :confused:. If you're injured, don't play. Otherwise, you're just acting on court.

Irish
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Lindsay :D

Get better soon Venus.

new-york
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Lindsay :D

Get better soon Venus.

Post of the match. :worship:

sfselesfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Neither is because if depending on the injury, you could be hurting yourself even more. Venus found that out in 2003.

Don't forget she was booed and her sister was called a "n-gg-r" at the 2001 Indian Wells tournament...because Venus didn't play injured.

Can't have it both ways.

I think the decision should be up to Venus and her trainer. I respect her for playing, injured or not. I also think she probably lost fair and square. Venus and Lindsay are both incredible players and either can lose to the other on any given day.

Cheers to Lindsay and Venus.

SF

new-york
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Don't forget she was booed and her sister was called a "n-gg-r" at the 2001 Indian Wells tournament...because Venus didn't play injured.

Can't have it both ways.

I think the decision should be up to Venus and her trainer. I respect her for playing, injured or not. I also think she probably lost fair and square. Venus and Lindsay are both incredible players and either can lose to the other on any given day.

Cheers to Lindsay and Venus.

SF

:worship: