PDA

View Full Version : News from the Medibank Int. Qualies

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Hi guys i went to the first day of Qualies today.

I saw Justine and Amelie training on the centre court, they both trained twise today they both looked terrific and very very fit. Justine didnt look to good in the morning but practiced much better in the afternoon. Amelie practice with Paula in the afternoon and she too was really muscleing the ball really well. I saw Shennay Perry play and she has a terrific game with so much variety and speed, she served and vollyed as well ans was such an entertaning player to watch. Also saw Dulko practicing and she looks even prettier close up she was hitting the ball well. Pend, Na and Ann C. were also avout the place and i aslo caught part of Haynes first round and she is a terrific fighter but was over powered

davidmario
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:11 AM
and "terrific" is your favourite word :p
...anyway thanks;)

Greenout
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM

I saw Justine and Amelie training on the centre court, they both trained twise today they both looked terrific and very very fit. Justine didnt look to good in the morning but practiced much better in the afternoon. Amelie practice with Paula in the afternoon and she too was really muscleing the ball really well. I saw Shennay Perry play and she has a terrific game with so much variety and speed, she served and vollyed as well ans was such an entertaning player to watch. Also saw Dulko practicing and she looks even prettier close up she was hitting the ball well. Pend, Na and Ann C. were also avout the place and i aslo caught part of Haynes first round and she is a terrific fighter but was over powered

Thanks for the on-site report M.M.F. :)

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
You can really tell the difference up close between the elite players and the others, Justine and Amelie looked suprime and they just thundered the ball Amelie looked so good in practice she is going to be tough top beat, Plus they were out there practicing for well over an hour. Amelie was htting her overheads so well and her volleys and her and Paula were having a really good time out there. Amelie's coach has a real sence of humour her is a really nice guy. Justine lifted up her shirt at one point and her abs were fierce, she is very prepared. Li Na also looked very sharp from what i saw and looked a little fitter as well compared to last year as did peng who i thought has gotten quite a bit thinner/fitter.

Prizeidiot
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM

Are you a volunteer? I might've seen you. I'm in fanfest for the week.

I should've hung around... I only saw Gisela. Got a photo with her which is nice. You're right, she does look good up close ;)

Anyway, are you going to be there all week?

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah i will be going for most of the week, im not a volunteer though

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Foxy & I will be heading out tomorrow to see whats around :woohoo:

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I was there all day today and i watched quite a few players practicing. Amelie and Justine trained twise on centre court again both looking the goods and i will repeat myself again but they are incredibly fit and hitting the ball so well and with huge pace. Sami was out there as well today and her groundstrokes have improved so much i the last year she is so much more consistent. Makiri was practicing with asagoe and she was really hitting the ball well and mixing up her shots and pace. Ivanovic was hitting with Kuzzi and they were having a great time togehter. Kuzzi is so nice and a real character and she was hitting very well better then Ana IMO. Dani was hitting with Anna C and she did not look to be in rhythem today and came off second best in their practice. One thing i have noticed with Dani is that she is quite sour around the courts and doesnt smile at all.

Lemonskin.
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I'll prolly venture out later in the week if I can :D

Lady
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks a lot, MMF! Justine news are always welcome, you can repeat yourself as much as you want! ;) :kiss:

Sveta really is a nice girl. ;) And practising with Ana, yay!

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Another thing i likied is that after their practice session on cetre Amelie and Justine signed for all the fans wanting autographs. I just have to say that i was in heaven today and it was one of the best days of my life there were tennis players everywhere they were so close you could touch them. When i watched Maria practice and then to have a photo and autograph with her i had a huge smile and she noticed. Dani has legs that go on forever and i was sort of in awe seeing all of these player. Ana and Kuzzie as well. Some of the shots that Kuzzie and Ana hit made me gasp. Kuzzie was so chatty and funny. Sam Stosur was practicing without Gigi and this tall American women was directing her. I also had good chats with Shennay Perry and her coach while at a match.

Meesh
Jan 7th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the report!

Wintermute
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Dani was hitting with Anna C and she did not look to be in rhythem today and came off second best in their practice. One thing i have noticed with Dani is that she is quite sour around the courts and doesnt smile at all.

Dani and Anna C together! :hearts:

But if you were hitting as many errors as Daniela has been in the last week you wouldn't be smiling either. :p Hopefully she'll have sorted it out by her first round.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks a lot :wavey:

Always get excited myself when reading reports such as these :cool:

drake3781
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Thank you, nice info. Any scouting on Peng or Ivanovic for first round? I see you say Ana was not hitting so well in practice. Anything more ?

bellascarlett
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Wow thanks for the reports! Good to know the girls are hitting with each other as I thought it doesnt happen often. Sveta seems like a funny one.

nbaker53
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:37 PM
How did Shenay play against Kanepi? I was scared that she was going to bow out as Haynes is quite a good player.

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Thank you, nice info. Any scouting on Peng or Ivanovic for first round? I see you say Ana was not hitting so well in practice. Anything more ?

Yeah i saw peng practicing the last two days, yesterday she was all over the place but she was on song today, hitting the ball with much greater conviction, im also very impressed with her physical fitness which i think has greatly improved from last year.

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
How did Shenay play against Kanepi? I was scared that she was going to bow out as Haynes is quite a good player.

Shenney played great. I think she has the makings of a top player. She does get a little moody and annoyed with herself but she played great yesterday. Served and vollyed really well, served awesome, has one of the best second serves i have seen in the womens game. She has a terrific slice and that really helped yesterday in forcing errors and her forehand had great power and variety, she is also a terrific athlete and out manuvered her opponent 10 fold yesterday. She put on a great display and she was very happy afterwards, I had a little chat with her and her coach at the Harkelroad match and she was very pleased.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:48 PM
We spoke Groenefeld & her Coach for a little while. :hearts: I must say he is a very nice gentleman. :D

Anna-Lena is a CUTEY!!! :inlove: Very sweet, and polite. :)

anlavalle
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:56 PM
please, tell me who is paula?

martinafan
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Foxy & I will be heading out tomorrow to see whats around :woohoo:

Damn, i was out there all day yesterday myself too - probably walked past you guys heaps of times without realising!!

Andy.
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:25 AM
We spoke Groenefeld & her Coach for a little while. :hearts: I must say he is a very nice gentleman. :D

Im pretty sure i saw you and Gary today Drew if you were wearing a black singlet.

timafi
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:46 AM
new pixs Mighty?

Prizeidiot
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Ok... this isn't WTA, but it's Medibank Qualifying news.

It's too amazing.

After winning his last qualifying match, Ivo Karlovic (2.08m guy) walked towards the gate, and instead of opening it and walking out, he took a normal step and stepped over it!!!

It was the coolest thing I have ever seen :p

Oh and back to WTA, and I got a photo with Anna C, who was hitting with Patty. Both looked ok, not great in practice. I also saw Elena Likhotseva, who seemed in good touch. She didn't miss a ball from what I saw, so look out for her to perhaps do well.

Andy.
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Anastasia and Dani were going hard at it and thay both looked very good especially Dani
I also watched Nicole hit and she was really pounding that ball

nouf
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
if you have fotos nicole ! :-)

think to me

CooCooCachoo
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
please, tell me who is paula?

I think he means Paola Suarez?

CooCooCachoo
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM

He got chased off the court in Rosmalen by Aravane Rezai's (psycho) dad :lol:

Prizeidiot
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Anastasia and Dani were going hard at it and thay both looked very good especially Dani
I also watched Nicole hit and she was really pounding that ball
Yeah... from afar, I thought it was Hantuchova, and seeing her hit the ball, I was thinking "what the heck?! since when does she serve like that?!"

Then I went closer and all made sense

Paule22
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:38 AM

First impressions could be wrong sometimes. Watch out for your tennis-playing kids - Rafael Font de Mora is around. :eek:

Did Anna-Lena say more then 10 words in your conversation?

Paule22
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:39 AM
He got chased off the court in Rosmalen by Aravane Rezai's (psycho) dad :lol:

A Hero!

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:18 AM
First impressions could be wrong sometimes. Watch out for your tennis-playing kids - Rafael Font de Mora is around. :eek:

Did Anna-Lena say more then 10 words in your conversation?

:scratch: What is the story behind Shaughnessy/Groenefeld's coach?? :confused:

:wavey: Can someone please tell me? .. Ive heard a few negative comments made about him. :o

CooCooCachoo
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:41 AM
A Hero!

:spit:

What is wrong with Rafael? He seemed OK :)

Paule22
Jan 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM
many mothers and dads of young wta-players know him quite well, mostly because they told him to stay away from their daughters.

he has methods like, how many tournaments Anna-Lena played last year?, why is she training with metal around her ankles?, why she has to train 6-8 hours every day?, why she has to hear a 30 minutes agression from him after a match she actually won?

why he was in love with meghann, before she was 18? why he took her out of school and home at the age of 14? why is Meghann so broke these days? why has Meghann such a bad back?

Just a few examples. Some say, it's normal and it's like the girls know what they are doing and it's their lifes.

But I, from my side, don't want to close my eyes.