PDA

View Full Version : Serena withdrew from HK...

itzhak
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:21 AM
no details yet.

The Kaz
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:23 AM
That not fair on Vaidisova who come in wanting match practice and she gets 1 match...she should of played Gold Coast :mad:

SilK
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I wanna know why. :(

tennisjam
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM
sh#t :o

hope nothing serious...

LH2HBH
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM
she doesn't want to look like a loser

Melusine
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:25 AM
That not fair on Vaidisova who come in wanting match practice and she gets 1 match...she should of played Gold Coast :mad:
Vaidisova plays Mirza....

Serena was due to play Zheng

The Kaz
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Silly me :lol: ...OK poor Zheng then!

fifiricci
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM

I suspect that's exactly it. :devil:

willrock
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:35 AM
She is due to lose weight before AO :lol:
She withdrew because of many sauna and dietician sessions planned for the 15 days to come...

Dementinator
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Typical ,very dissapointing indeed, she not bloody injured at all ,theres nothing wrong with her ,well nothing that putting a combination lock on her fridge would solve.

Every time EVERY STINKING time she suffers a loss shes ' injured' then shes off partying again ,players suffer losses ,even Serena ,and they just pick up and carry on ,but oh no not her lately ,well sadly I see her getting her ass kicked early in the AO and its her own fault ,she deserves it ,she has not even tried to get in shape and work ,doesnt seem to know the meaning of the word ,so she needs a big wake up call and fast.

Serena is a legend and won countless slams that is true ,so maybe her fans will have to accept shes just not interested anymore ,she has nothing to prove and I think she doesnt care a shit ,I hope I am wrong ,but you have to accept it ,for a WS fan to say Serena is not out of shape is like me as a huge Elena fan denying that there is anything wrong with lenas serve.

Get it sorted Serena ,get ya ass out of Maccy Ds and back on the courts pronto...your fans are waiting ,and they wont wait for ever...

_LuCaS_
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
AO's gonna be fun

Gunter
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Serena Williams pulls out of Hong Kong, will play in Australian Open

January 6, 2006

HONG KONG (AP) -- Serena Williams pulled out of the Champions Challenge exhibition tournament in Hong Kong on Friday with a knee injury, but plans to play in the upcoming Australian Open.

"Serena has developed inflammation and swelling of her left knee joint over the past two days," tournament physical therapist Donna Sutton said in a statement. "After assessment and treatment, we have advised her to rest and continue treatment to prevent further irritation."

Asked before an autograph session if the injury would affect her participation in the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16, Williams simply said, "No."

Williams lost in straight sets to Russian Elena Dementieva in the exhibition tournament Wednesday.

sports.yahoo

moby
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Losing some weight would help the knees.
Get it together, Serena, and come back strong. (But not too strong, k?) ;)

SloKid
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Sounds right to me...But by doing what she did in HK she sure comes out that way...

But she shouldn't have been there in the first place, not the way she is playing at the moment...:tape:

Mica
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
That not fair on Vaidisova who come in wanting match practice and she gets 1 match...she should of played Gold Coast :mad:.

LOL @ "not fair".

I'm sorry I guess you are right, the next time any tennis player wants to forefeit due to health reasons, they should DEFINITELY think about the NEXT player instead of what is best for their OWN health.

Let's all base our own decisions on how it will effect the next person.

That is hate if I've ever seen it.

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:36 AM
i think all of you in here should SHUT THE FUCK UP!

If serena is having problems, then they are her problems. How do you know she is not feeling well, tired, injured etc etc.

All of you with the "put the lock of the fridge" or "going on a 15 diet regime" should just get lost!!!!! You guys have no idea.

Serena - get rested for the AO girl, and prove all these knob-jockeys wrong!!!

Dasha_
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
OK, Serena, now you simply show all this people who you really are...
... and win AO

But, even that will not stop them from making those stupid threads....

TomTennis
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:52 AM
OK, Serena, now you simply show all this people who you really are...
... and win AO

But, even that will not stop them from making those stupid threads....

excatly!!! :rolleyes:

volta
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:52 AM
i think all of you in here should SHUT THE FUCK UP!

If serena is having problems, then they are her problems. How do you know she is not feeling well, tired, injured etc etc.

All of you with the "put the lock of the fridge" or "going on a 15 diet regime" should just get lost!!!!! You guys have no idea.

Serena - get rested for the AO girl, and prove all these knob-jockeys wrong!!!
PREACH :worship:

talk about stupid people this thread is full of them :rolleyes:

Mica
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Typical ,very dissapointing indeed, she not bloody injured at all ,theres nothing wrong with her ,well nothing that putting a combination lock on her fridge would solve.

Every time EVERY STINKING time she suffers a loss shes ' injured' then shes off partying again ,players suffer losses ,even Serena ,and they just pick up and carry on ,but oh no not her lately ,well sadly I see her getting her ass kicked early in the AO and its her own fault ,she deserves it ,she has not even tried to get in shape and work ,doesnt seem to know the meaning of the word ,so she needs a big wake up call and fast.

Serena is a legend and won countless slams that is true ,so maybe her fans will have to accept shes just not interested anymore ,she has nothing to prove and I think she doesnt care a shit ,I hope I am wrong ,but you have to accept it ,for a WS fan to say Serena is not out of shape is like me as a huge Elena fan denying that there is anything wrong with lenas serve.

Get it sorted Serena ,get ya ass out of Maccy Ds and back on the courts pronto...your fans are waiting ,and they wont wait for ever...

You do realize that partying and playing a professional tennis match are two different things right?

And did it ever occur to you that the more "partying" she does, the more premieres she goes to, the more award shows that aren't sport related she attends, that that is just more marketing and visibility for tennis right?

That maybe a person watching doesn't really watch tennis all that much but because, for example, they see Serena at the BET Awards, or catch a clip of her at a fashion show, that the next time they see her on tv for tennis, they will stop and watch?

Oneofakind0490
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I don't understand why they have a loser draw. They withdraw half the time. Get Well Serena.

fifiricci
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:15 AM
You do realize that partying and playing a professional tennis match are two different things right?

And did it ever occur to you that the more "partying" she does, the more premieres she goes to, the more award shows that aren't sport related she attends, that that is just more marketing and visibility for tennis right?

That maybe a person watching doesn't really watch tennis all that much but because, for example, they see Serena at the BET Awards, or catch a clip of her at a fashion show, that the next time they see her on tv for tennis, they will stop and watch?

Oh dear, I can understand you wanting to defend Serena at this time, but I think you are a touch delusional!! Surely you will only watch a sport if you are interested in it? I've seen many a chunk of hunk in civvies at a premiere or award show, but if I find out they are speedway stars or professional wrestlers, you wont find me desperately flicking the channels tne next day to see them in action! :lol:

Dementinator
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM

Well that as well may be ,but the simple fact is Serena is not looking to show any dedication ,I am not a hater at all ,I n fact I have followed the WS from day 1 ,I still remember seeing live at Eastbourne Venus's very first grass court match against Nastasha Zvereva years ago , and was thrilled when Vee and Serena won Wimb then went on to do well ,it was great for the game ,but things move on ,the game is different ,there are many big powerful girls now who can handle power and Serena has to take stock ,shes got nothing to prove ,but if she wants to continue she MUST get back in shape ,she cant do it otherwise .

If she has a true injury then thats bad luck ,but i doubt it ,she doesnt wanna play simple ,now all the HK Serena fans who bought tickets wanting to see her are dissapointed ,shes let them down and as its and exhib ,she coulda played ,the result would not have mattered anyways.

Bounty Hunter
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Oh well..... Get well soon....

Go and kick some major butt at the Australian Open!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Kenny
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I knew it was her knee.. so crazy..

vettipooh
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Rest up Rena!!! Get in gear for AO!!!! :hearts:

tennisrox
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Knee inflammation.Doesn't sound good at all. :sad:

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
People are really wacko. You mean the tournament folk are being paid off too. An official of the tournament made the statement about her knee. She is injured! No conspiracy. Injured. :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Well that as well may be ,but the simple fact is Serena is not looking to show any dedication ,I am not a hater at all ,I n fact I have followed the WS from day 1 ,I still remember seeing live at Eastbourne Venus's very first grass court match against Nastasha Zvereva years ago , and was thrilled when Vee and Serena won Wimb then went on to do well ,it was great for the game ,but things move on ,the game is different ,there are many big powerful girls now who can handle power and Serena has to take stock ,shes got nothing to prove ,but if she wants to continue she MUST get back in shape ,she cant do it otherwise .

If she has a true injury then thats bad luck ,but i doubt it ,she doesnt wanna play simple ,now all the HK Serena fans who bought tickets wanting to see her are dissapointed ,shes let them down and as its and exhib ,she coulda played ,the result would not have mattered anyways.

You're just convinced that Serena isnt injured because you want to believe that Lena beat her 63 61 totally on her own merit. She was obviosuly struggling with something, when has Serena ever DFed so much and allowed so many winners to go past her. You think maybe her injury is not allowing her to train as much as she would normally, not just her being fat and eating Big macs, idiot.

Meesh
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Oh shit, not the knee again. :( get well Serena

SloKid
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM
You're just convinced that Serena isnt injured because you want to believe that Lena beat her 63 61 totally on her own merit. She was obviosuly struggling with something, when has Serena ever DFed so much and allowed so many winners to go past her. You think maybe her injury is not allowing her to train as much as she would normally, not just her being fat and eating Big macs, idiot.
So you admit that part is true? :p
If she was injured, why was she even playing in HK...Same goes for Venus, if you're injured don't play.

Stamp Paid
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM
So you admit that part is true? :p
If she was injured, why was she even playing in HK...Same goes for Venus, if you're injured don't play.

No, Im not admitting shit.

And I'm sure she didnt come into the tournament with inflammation in her knee. She most likely thought she would be fine.

Rocketta
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:30 PM
awww, Serena...not the knee. :( :tears:

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:55 PM
"Serena has developed inflammation and swelling of her left knee joint over the past two days," tournament physical therapist Donna Sutton said in a statement. "After assessment and treatment, we have advised her to rest and continue treatment to prevent further irritation." Hello?! Anyone there? It may be more fun to speculate than to listen to the facts.

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM
she plays, she withdraws, that's typical Serena :rolleyes:
i bet WWC organizers would never invite her to play there anymore 'cuz Serena did this to them last year as well :o

SelesFan70
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
i bet WWC organizers would never invite her to play there anymore 'cuz Serena did this to them last year as well :o

I wonder if they'll give her a discounted appearance fee just for the one match. :o

ampers&
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
again...a lot of idiots here speculating on whether she's really injured or not.
only Serena and Venus have to deal with these types of questions.
it's just ridiculous.
i hope they both get well soon.
i hope they're on opposites side of the draw and steamroll their way through the Australian Open...straight to the final.
that'll shut ya'll morons the fuck up.

volta
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:39 PM
yeah blame her for getting an injury :retard:
of course she widraws with a GS right ahead ur expecting her to play injuried and risk to make the injury even worse and not be able to play the AO? :retard: i guess that the exho adds much much more and it means much much more to her carrer then having a grand slam :retard:

volta
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
again...a lot of idiots here speculating on whether she's really injured or not.
only Serena and Venus have to deal with these types of questions.
it's just ridiculous.
i hope they both get well soon.
i hope they're on opposites side of the draw and steamroll their way through the Australian Open...straight to the final.
that'll shut ya'll morons the fuck up.
worse then that is just that there is a oficial statement that Rena has a knee inflammation but this idiots preffer to not read it just so that they can go on with the hating :rolleyes:
pathetic :rolleyes:

silverwhite
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Wow! She managed to fool the tournament therapist then! Totally faked the swelling! Serena! :worship:

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Serena is obviously not in any shape to play, even without being injured she wouldn't be able to stir on court and was on a hiding to nothing.

GogoGirl
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Hey All,

I called it in the Elena beats Serena thread. I had a feeling her knee still wasn't right. Hopefully, she'll never have to have another surgery.

It is so sad to see that she - Venus and any others that have recurring injuries are not always at their over all best.

Anyway - regardless of how some folks talk a lot of smack about Serena or any other injured player - it is not a kool thing to do - IMO. We should all be hoping that all the players get and stay well.

"GET WELL SOON - SERENA - VENUS AND ALL OTHERS"

tennisjay
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Losing some weight would help the knees.
Get it together, Serena, and come back strong. (But not too strong, k?) ;)

So true I hope the A** whooping Dem put on her will make her realize that she is unfit and out of shape. Put you priorities in order Serena and come back strong like we know you can.

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:46 PM
To some of you, have you heard the saying: "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I really have to wonder how old some of you people are. Some of you are so childish and very immature. You are not in Serena's postion! How dare you accuse her of faking an injury!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Wow! She managed to fool the tournament therapist then! Totally faked the swelling! Serena! :worship:

Maybe she will win an Oscar afterall ;)

I mean people diss her acting, but she must be good if she "faked" her injury!!!

Dumb haterz!!!! Never consistent!!!! FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darrinbaker00
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I don't doubt for a second that either sister's injuries are genuine, but my question is, why are they getting injured so frequently? It certainly isn't from playing too much.

tennisjay
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM
To some of you, have you heard the saying: "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I really have to wonder how old some of you people are. Some of you are so childish and very immature. You are not in Serena's postion! How dare you accuse her of faking an injury!

I don’t know if she’s injured or not, but one thing I know is that she’s out of shape and look terrible, and I’m one of her biggest supporters. I’m really disappointed in Serena I was hoping that she would come back this year strong and kicking A** but instead of kicking A** she’s getting hers kick and by Dem no less. :fiery:

Dawn Marie
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Serena withdrew due to injury. This is better than playing with an permanent head injury ala Dementieva and her serving.

Karma is a bitch.

7/0 Serena J. Williams

The girl is injured and when she gets back to 100% health and fit and continues to rack up her slam total.. don't get all hissy. You can bitch all you want about her withdrawing but I know you'll cry and bitch more when she starts to beat your favs down to a pulp.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR BECUASE YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:)

santhuruu
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Well you know, actually I'm not so worried anymore about Serena.
I saw some parts of the match Serena vs. Elena, and I thought her first serve was quite okay. Her groundies were also fine to me, especially the backhand. It's just only a little bit of her movement, but I think she has really lost weight if you compare it to Wimbledon. So she is really working on it. And you know Serena can still win the Australian Open, because if your movement is not the way you want,then use your power, because if you put a lot of power in the groundies for example or in your serve, you won't have to walk a lot. And then you are the player who moves the player from the left to the right. That was also the way she tried to win points in one part of the match in the YEc 2004 final. Even though she didn't win that match, I saw her groundies that made her go 4-0 up. So I am actually not really worried, because Serena can still walk and run a little bit. And if she takes good medical treatment, what she will do for sure, she will be okay.

serenafan08
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The knee surgery in 2003 affected Serena more than we all thought. I mean, seriously, she hasn't been the same player since then. I think it affected her confidence, her movement, and her strategy. Serena was so sure of herself on the court when she was dominating; it was almost like she didn't have to think about anything - she just swung and the ball went right where she wanted it. Obviously that's not the case today. She seems so angry all the time, and that's because the confidence in her game isn't there. Her movement is part of her strategy. She used to be able to run down anything and send balls back with lots of interest. Serena and Venus could turn defense into offense with one shot. She can't do that anymore because of her poor mobility - and I never thought I would ever say that Serena's mobility was poor. I think we - and Serena - need to realize that she isn't going to be the same dominant player that she was. She can dominate again, but she'll have to find another way to do it.

RAA
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Well I certainly hope that she gets better soon. while I think she could certainly be in better shape I don't think its the crisis that some are making it out to be. plus HK is an exo, yes? .. I think her knee started bothering her and she decided not to risk it for an exo.

I know she won OZ last year and all but truly I don't expect Serena to hit her stride until a few months from now. Venus as well. January has never been one of their stronger months.

Sanneriet
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM
7/0 Serena J. Williams

:)

Isn't it 7/2?

I have wondered over the last couple of years what the real story on the knee is? Even when she had the surgery, the reports regarding it conflicted. She was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks and ended up out for months. I don't think she will repeat her strong performance at AO this year. When she won last year, she was coming off the end of a pretty good 2004. Although she was injured in the final at the YEC, she was able to play and also played some fall tourneys as well. But, it would not be the first time she surprised me.

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:17 PM
for all of you who keep criticising serena's weight, i want you to do me a favor. send me your picture to my e-mail or over aol im. i would bet everything i own that the bitch is way more attractive than you, and i am so sick of hearing you talk shit about her. she is NOT that overweight. so please, humor me and send me your pictures because i want to laugh my ass off at how gross you probably look.

on a side note, as a huge fan of serena's, i would rather see her pull out of the rest of the year to rest her "knee inflamation" than to see her keep pulling out of tournaments and lose so badly. she is obviously not ready to play at the tour's level and i can't stand to watch her anymore.

Williams Rulez
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Serena is really injured. she was really apologetic abt when she came on court. and had an autograph session with her fans to make up for it.

but she's really injured... against elena, she was not serving well, to begin with... this was due to her knee bothering her. she was not moving well at all. i was there to see it... she kept touching her knee against elena.

and even when she was signing autographs, i could see tt she had strapping around her left knee under her track pants. she's definitely not lying...

Justeenium
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
:serena fans: :rolleyes: :smash:

pigam
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
hope you get banned again

Slumpsova
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM
for all of you who keep criticising serena's weight, i want you to do me a favor. send me your picture to my e-mail or over aol im. i would bet everything i own that the bitch is way more attractive than you, and i am so sick of hearing you talk shit about her. she is NOT that overweight. so please, humor me and send me your pictures because i want to laugh my ass off at how gross you probably look.

on a side note, as a huge fan of serena's, i would rather see her pull out of the rest of the year to rest her "knee inflamation" than to see her keep pulling out of tournaments and lose so badly. she is obviously not ready to play at the tour's level and i can't stand to watch her anymore.

you even said this but you talking shit to the people who thinks Serena is fat? all i can say is double stantard :rolleyes:

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:32 PM
um i am saying that she isn't in shape, i'm not being a moron and saying shit about her eating burgers and stuff. you guys need to get a life

hablo
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Come on Serena, get heathy for AO!!! :bounce:

You have a date vs Momo, remember ? :devil:

tennis ace
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
If serena had said she had a knee injury and then went out and lost most of you would be saying if she was injured she shouldn’t have made the stupid decision to step on the court, like you've been saying for venus. So serena does the smart thing and withdraws from an exhibition match that doesn’t count for anything and you people are still on her ass:rolleyes:

-VSR-
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:32 PM
TOO many damn haters in this forum! :o

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
If serena had said she had a knee injury and then went out and lost most of you would be saying if she was injured she shouldn’t have made the stupid decision to step on the court, like you've been saying for venus. So serena does the smart thing and withdraws from an exhibition match that doesn’t count for anything and you people are still on her ass:rolleyes:Exactly, they can't win.
Not play due to an injury. They're unprofessional.
Play, with the injury and lose. It's the second coming of Christ for the victor and they're making excuses about the loss.
Play, with the injury and win. They were faking anyway just to hedge their bets. :lol:

LeRoy.
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM
wow Serena still has so many haters :bounce: She msut still scare these people to make them feel sooo insecure about their faves :sad:

Go Serena ! She is at her best when people under estimate her :D

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM
TOO many damn haters in this forum! :o
Well, if you watch the clip from Venus' match against Sania, it was obvious that she was in pain. She wasn't moving and she was so exasperated and clearly wanted to get the match over with.

But Sania was playing to the crowd and alternatively spraying winners and errors all over the place. Venus won that match with a lot of help from Sania. She was in no shape to play a competitive match with Davenport.

I hope that they both get better. Win or lose, they keep people talking. ;)

Wsisters45
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Serena :hug: I don't think she should play the Aus open. wait till she gets at 100% then come back,no matter how long it takes. I want her to come back and dominate.

-VSR-
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Well, if you watch the clip from Venus' match against Sania, it was obvious that she was in pain. She wasn't moving and she was so exasperated and clearly wanted to get the match over with.

But Sania was playing to the crowd and alternatively spraying winners and errors all over the place. Venus won that match with a lot of help from Sania. She was in no shape to play a competitive match with Davenport.

I hope that they both get better. Win or lose, they keep people talking. ;)

:confused:

I know what you mean. But what does it have to do with my post? :lol:

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:47 PM
:confused:

I know what you mean. But what does it have to do with my post? :lol:Oh, sorry. :lol: I was agreeing by just saying that Venus appeared to be hampered in her match with Sania. If you look at the clip you can see she is in pain, but a lot of Williams haters don't want to see what is right before their eyes.

pigam
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
and thanks for the bad rep :banana:

Sanneriet
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread her migraine medicine in regards to weight gain. I looked it up out of curiosity. Weight gain is not listed as a possible side effect, but check this out:

Musculoskeletal: Infrequent were arthralgia, arthritis, arthrosis, bone (javascript:defwindow('bone')) pain, myalgia (javascript:defwindow('myalgia')) and myasthenia. Rare were bone (javascript:defwindow('bone')) neoplasm, joint (javascript:defwindow('joint')) disorder, myopathy (javascript:defwindow('myopathy')) and tenosynovitis

Tenosynovitis is inflammation of the tendons.

pisces
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Is Serena the only person to withdrawal,so far?

pigam
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM
arn't we taking this a little far? :unsure:
it almost becomes scary. she lost a match. that's all.

hablo
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread her migraine medicine in regards to weight gain. I looked it up out of curiosity. Weight gain is not listed as a possible side effect, but check this out:

Musculoskeletal: Infrequent were arthralgia, arthritis, arthrosis, bone (javascript:defwindow('bone')) pain, myalgia (javascript:defwindow('myalgia')) and myasthenia. Rare were bone (javascript:defwindow('bone')) neoplasm, joint (javascript:defwindow('joint')) disorder, myopathy (javascript:defwindow('myopathy')) and tenosynovitis

Tenosynovitis is inflammation of the tendons.

that sucks for Serena if her medication is party responsible for her injury... not good!!!

iWill
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I just found this on ESPN.com

Updated: Jan. 6, 2006, 8:41 AM ET
Injured Serena expects to play in AussieAssociated Press

HONG KONG -- Serena Williams pulled out of the Champions Challenge exhibition tournament in Hong Kong on Friday with a knee injury, but plans to play in the upcoming Australian Open.

"Serena has developed inflammation and swelling of her left knee joint over the past two days," tournament physical therapist Donna Sutton said in a statement. "After assessment and treatment, we have advised her to rest and continue treatment to prevent further irritation."

Asked before an autograph session if the injury would affect her participation in the Australian Open, which starts Jan. 16, Williams simply said, "No."

Williams lost in straight sets to Russian Elena Dementieva in the exhibition tournament Wednesday.

Sinnet
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I just found this on ESPN.com

Updated: Jan. 6, 2006, 8:41 AM ET
Injured Serena expects to play in AussieAssociated Press

HONG KONG -- Serena Williams pulled out of the Champions Challenge exhibition tournament in Hong Kong on Friday with a knee injury, but plans to play in the upcoming Australian Open.

Already been posted.

Serena's injured? Glad that's settled.

Now please, I don't want to hear anyone saying she's a threat whatsoever at AO, because she's not.

Bounty Hunter
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:29 PM

I really believe you like Serena and her fans... :lol: :lol: You bad rep me in Serena's Forum :tape: :lol: :lol: What the heck are you doing in Serena's forum? I haven't set foot in Justine's forum....

pigam
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I haven't set foot in Justine's forum....
neither has Justeenium, luckily.

Stamp Paid
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM

:lol: :tape:

Justeenium
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:25 PM

:retard:

http://www.wtaworld.com/search.php?searchid=425275