PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Qualies - Friday 6th Jan

broncosven
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Today i was on court 6

Fedak d Musgrave 62 63

Trudi was too hesitant to come to the net, if she came in more often she would of won this for sure.Trudi's also took a little while longer to find her range . . . really good Spin on shots. Lots of long Deuce sets - both players were playing really consistent tennis. Fedak had good court coverage, probably a little more depth on her shots and made Trudi play alot more then she would of like. Trudi had her right thigh strapped from the beginning. Quite a few of the line calls went against Trudi in this match . . . i spoke to her after and got her autograph (she really likeable) :hearts: :kiss:

Watson d Klosel 36 63 64

YESS !!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Right from the start i know Cindy was having a good day. Her Serve and Backhand were on fire - Using Spin, Slice and Flatness well to confuse Klosel. Klosel had much greater power but Cindy kept on the getting the ball back - there were some really good 'point savers' by Cindy and this was the difference. It seemed the Klosel couldnt give a shit at times. Thoughout the whole match Klosel was only going for the lines . . . which is stupid she would have the whole court and she would go for the line ??? Otherwise both players kept up a high quality match (best match of the day in my books)

Sun d Morigami 26 61 63

I dont think i have ever seen a bigger turn around in how well a player was playing. Sun was outplayed in the 1st but didnt change how well she was playing in the 2nd or 3rd. Morigami just started playing like shit - her backhand was dreadful (especially her slicing) and she kept trying drop shots but Sun was too awake to fall for them. Sun's groundies had great depth on them and her forehand was really working well for her. I was i know chinese and japanese as both players were often screaming at themselves for large portions of this match

Dushevina d Breadmore 62 62

I think that Nerves got to Lauren cause played like absolute shit !!! She couldnt get her shots in, She was trying to hard and hit way to many balls out. Dushevina has got to have the worst 2nd serve i have ever seen - its like 60mph . . . Breadmore did have some good rallies but overall was way to streaky. I can see where her game goes away since she is trying to work on finishing off points more and its good too see but needs refinement . She so looks like a mini Pratty. Dushevina's returns and passing shots were really working and that's where she stalled Lauren when Lauren was getting into the match.

Others i saw

Chladkova d Sekulovski 64 75
From what i saw it was a really close match. Both girls held serve really well but overall i think Beti was a little less consistant then Chladkova. Beti did Save 2 match points at 5-4 but was broken a couple games later. Beti has a good all court game.

Li d Martinez Grandes 61 61
Well let's just say see you in the Main Draw Li . . . THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE !! What a Forehand !!

Yan d Birenova 61 61
Way to strong. Very powerful game but mixed well with Slice and Spin.

Tu d Gallovits 75 46 60 (i think)
WORST MATCH ON THE DAY !! During the first two sets only two service games were held. From what i could hear from the line calls they were having problems hitting the ball in the court.

These are the main matches i saw - if anyone wants any results or asks question about other players just ask! While i did watch a portion of all matches these were the ones which i watches the most.

Cheers
Sven :wavey:

andrewC
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Awesome reports, thanks :D

ozfan44
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for scores and reports mate!

King Aaron
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks. :)

matthias