PDA

View Full Version : Serena unemotional?? very strange

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:00 AM
I noticed from the match with Dementieva and the doubles match that Serena never got emotional during the course of the matches. Positive or negative we are used to Serena with emotion. Even during 2004 or 2005 Wimbledon she still was emotional and tried to fight hard to win.

But yesterday there was no emotion whatsoever, nothing, she looked and played as if she were totally empty which is a really really strange thing for her. The match reminded me alot of 2005 Rome 2r against Schiavone, she was so out of it?

i hope she does better today.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Serena to me is at her best mentally when she is mix of both emotional and cool/collected on court. Last year's AO SF is a perfect example of Serena at her best mentally. She didn't smash any racquets or use curse words, she did get a little testy at the beginning of the 2nd set, but after that she was steely.

crazyroberto6767
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I won't judge on her emotions until the AO, when it really matters. But I do hope that she doesn't fall into either negative emotion only or being completely devoid of emotion. Serena always used to have that glimmer in her eye when she was fighting through a match, that showed she didn't want to be anywhere but that tennis court. That was true magic. But of course, I can't tell what she's bringing to the tennis court emotion-wise until the AO.

esquímaux
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I noticed from the match with Dementieva and the doubles match that Serena never got emotional during the course of the matches. Positive or negative we are used to Serena with emotion. Even during 2004 or 2005 Wimbledon she still was emotional and tried to fight hard to win.

But yesterday there was no emotion whatsoever, nothing, she looked and played as if she were totally empty which is a really really strange thing for her. The match reminded me alot of 2005 Rome 2r against Schiavone, she was so out of it?

i hope she does better today.Wow, the sisters look GREAT in your avatar :hearts: :nubian princesses: :hearts:

Geisha
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:27 AM
'05 Australian Open Final was pure poise by Serena and she won it comfortably.

'02 US Open Final was poise and fire by Serena and she won it comfortably.

I think she needs to do whatever she does, in order to win.

Kenny
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM
She bit her nails during the changeover during the doubles. So odd. I've never seen Serena look maybe so.. unhappy? She looked seriously like she would rather be having an enema. :lol: I do hope she gets better, because I love seeing the tigress outplay 99.9% of the tour when she's on.