PDA

View Full Version : Main Draw?

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM
When does it come out?
Cant wait to see whom Ana plays in the first round.

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:02 PM
they'll put her in nice little quarter, and she'll beat them all to win the title without a lost game :bowdown: GO Ana !!!!!!!!!! ;) at my wish

Louis Cyphre
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM
any news?

Louis Cyphre
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
no?

AaronJoyB
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I think we will have it 5-6 hours

Buitenzorg
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I think today? (now is Saturday 7 Jan 2006 @9.08 am SYNDEY time)

LefandePatty
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the ''?'' :yeah: :D ^^

Buitenzorg
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM
hopefully won't belong ;)

Greenout
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:07 AM
The main draw is being made now! 12 noon Sydney.. :)

*Men's draw too- so it will take a while.

Buitenzorg
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I would say it would up around 3 pm (Sydney)

Greenout
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I would say it would up around 3 pm (Sydney)

Really? I got the info from this.

http://www.stevegtennis.com/factsheets/2006/a-sydney.htm

eck
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:37 AM
The draw for the 2006 Medibank International will be held Saturday 7 January at Pitt Street Mall in the Sydney CBD, close to the entrance of the Myer Department Store. The draw will begin at approximately 12.30 and players from the ATP and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour are expected.

Taken from medibankinternational.com.au

Which means it's announced now. (12:37 pm)

Derek.
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:58 AM
How long till 12:37?

switz
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:00 AM
an hour and 21 minutes ago :lol:

ivanovic
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:21 AM
they have the doubles but not the singles yet - strange?

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:45 AM
an hour and 21 minutes ago :lol:

The countdown has begun :lol: ....Hobarts DOUBLES DRAW is already out aswell ..yet the SINGLES draw is still a mystery :scratch:

Uncle Jason
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Hingis draws Henin-Hardenne in Sydney
Saturday January 7, 2:17 PM

Martina Hingis faces the sternest test of her comeback to professional tennis after drawing French Open champion Justine Henin-Hardenne in the opening round of the Sydney International starting on Sunday.

The clash of the two former world No.1s is the marquee first-round match-up at the $1.3 million Australian Open lead-up event at Olympic Park.

Australian star Samantha Stosur, runner-up last year to countrywoman Alicia Molik, opens against eighth seed Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic.

After his early exit this week in Adelaide, Lleyton Hewitt has been handed a great opportunity to gain much-needed match practice ahead of the Melbourne Park grand slam, drawing a qualifier in the first round.

Hewitt is the top seed and defending champion and chasing an unprecedented fifth title in Sydney.

Fellow Australian Chris Guccione is up against fifth seed Juan Carlos Ferrero, the Spanish former world No.1 he so spectacularly eliminated from the event in the first round two years ago.

anybody can confirm it ???

cartmancop
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:54 AM
oh wow Hingis/Henin :) Should be interesting JHH should be a lil rusty since she hasn't played & was dealing with health issues @ the end of the year...

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Hingis draws Henin-Hardenne in Sydney
Saturday January 7, 2:17 PM

Martina Hingis faces the sternest test of her comeback to professional tennis after drawing French Open champion Justine Henin-Hardenne in the opening round of the Sydney International starting on Sunday.

The clash of the two former world No.1s is the marquee first-round match-up at the $1.3 million Australian Open lead-up event at Olympic Park.

Australian star Samantha Stosur, runner-up last year to countrywoman Alicia Molik, opens against eighth seed Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic.

After his early exit this week in Adelaide, Lleyton Hewitt has been handed a great opportunity to gain much-needed match practice ahead of the Melbourne Park grand slam, drawing a qualifier in the first round.

Hewitt is the top seed and defending champion and chasing an unprecedented fifth title in Sydney.

Fellow Australian Chris Guccione is up against fifth seed Juan Carlos Ferrero, the Spanish former world No.1 he so spectacularly eliminated from the event in the first round two years ago.

anybody can confirm it ???

Oh WOW...i hope this can be CONFIRMED quickly. This could be good for Hingis. I know she is tired from last week ...so this could be a quick test tosee where she is at against a solid top 10 player.
If she wins ..GREAT! If she loses then she would have still gottin in 7 matches before the Ausie Open ( including doubles ) and an extended rest could be good for her before the Ausie Open ;)

Cp6uja
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Is any have full main draw here?

Chance
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:05 AM
but doesn't justine have a bye?

ivanovic
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:15 AM
oh c'mon Sydneysiders get us the draw already -jesus.

komorli
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:28 AM
but doesn't justine have a bye?

That's what I thought too. I'm still a little skeptical, but I'll believe it when I see the draw. It would be an interesting match. :) Allez....:bounce:

Munchen
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:29 AM
TOP 4 have BYE's, I always thought?? :)

1. Kim Clijsters (Belgium)
2. Amelie Mauresmo (France)
3. Justine Henin-Hardenne (Belgium)
4. Patty Schnyder (Switzerland)

kimclijsters4ever
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:35 AM
TOP 4 have BYE's, I always thought?? :)

1. Kim Clijsters (Belgium)
2. Amelie Mauresmo (France)
3. Justine Henin-Hardenne (Belgium)
4. Patty Schnyder (Switzerland)

Yes but Someone said they are using the new rankings without the bonus points so juju would only be seeded 5th....

Linnie
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Main draw out on WTA site: http://www.wtatour.com/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=/global/Pdfs/events/2006/sydney_draws.pdf

Website has the seeds wrong :rolleyes:

xin_hui
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:42 AM
can someone post the draw here? i cant seem to read PDF format

dli
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:44 AM
can someone post the draw here? i cant seem to read PDF format

me either

Paldias
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Same here :fiery:

Linnie
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:47 AM
(1) Clijsters - bye
Pennetta - Q
Q - Chakvetadze
Sugiyama - (7) Schiavone

Schnyder (3) - bye
Hantuchova - Mirza
Likhovtseva - Q
Stosur - Vaidisova (8)

Henin-Hardenne (5) - Hingis
Q - Zvonareva
Dulko - Kirilenko
bye - Petrova (4)

Kuznetsova (6) - Asagoe
Groenefeld - Safina
Peng - Ivanovic
bye - Mauresmo (2)

xin_hui
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:49 AM
thank u so much:kiss:

Linnie
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
:wavey:

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Finally!!! Thanks Linnie!!!

Good luck Ana - you will need that FO magic again it appears if you can get past Shuai to play Momo!!!

Really tough draw all over. This will be a very competitive tournament!