PDA

View Full Version : Serena in National Enquirer

venusfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Apparently they noticed Serena's weight gain also where they had two photos before and after. From what the NE said Serena gained about 20 pounds.

Helen Lawson
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I saw it, she is a "Diet Sinner" for 2005. I recall it says she went from 145 to 165. Let's get real, does anyone think at her best she was only 145? You can't trust the photos, they are notorious for taking photos with bad angles, or that are really old, and juxtaposing them.

Other "Diet Sinners" included Janet Jackson, Kelly Ripa, and Vince Vaughn.

ampers&
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:32 PM
:rolleyes:
Venus fans=:retard:

CJ07
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Serena probably did gain about 20 pounds. It's not trying to be negative, just stating the obvious

venusfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Well she looks like Davenport pre '97

Nickk
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
She may have gained some weight, and look a bit too heavy as a tennis player.

Generally, her body is still ok, though.

SelesFan70
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM
She may have gained some weight, and look a bit too heavy as a tennis player.

Generally, her body is still ok, though.

I agree with you. Outside of tennis, her body is just fine...except that she IS a tennis player and can't be out of shape in today's game. In previous years a player could be out of shape and still be great...Monica Seles comes to mind. She was never in great shape and did just fine.

TonyP
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Weight not withstanding, my questions is, did she do a news conference after her loss to Elena? Serena is important to tennis and I'm wondering what is going on with her. What did she say after the Hong Kong match?

Kunal
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM
serena has lost her head.....i dont know wtf she is doingl...

It pisses me off when players i like fool around like this.....It puts players into their respective categories.....

A Graf....would never do that..
If Serena stays focussed all the time she can achieve more than anybody has....BUT the discipline that a true champion has is obviously missing.

IDIOT

Geisha
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
It's not possible that she was 165. Her changed weight at the US Open was 143.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Apparently they noticed Serena's weight gain also where they had two photos before and after. From what the NE said Serena gained about 20 pounds.
venusfan, I gave you more credit than this to post something the National Enquirer said about Serena. What is the point of this thread?

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I saw it, she is a "Diet Sinner" for 2005. I recall it says she went from 145 to 165. Let's get real, does anyone think at her best she was only 145? You can't trust the photos, they are notorious for taking photos with bad angles, or that are really old, and juxtaposing them.

Other "Diet Sinners" included Janet Jackson, Kelly Ripa, and Vince Vaughn.
Those photos of Janet and Kelly :rolleyes: PUHLEEZE. I see Kelly every morning and she wears low cut dresses sometimes and never have I seen her bones sticking out of her chest like that. And Janet :haha: no way is Janet Jackson going to let herself go like that unless she's pregnant. Me thinks a lot of photoshopping was going on at the NE for this spread.

tennisjay
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Someone should show Serena a copy of the National Enquirer and maybe she will be so embarrassed that she will get her A** in Gear. :mad:

ampers&
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:12 PM
serena has lost her head.....i dont know wtf she is doingl...

It pisses me off when players i like fool around like this.....It puts players into their respective categories.....

A Graf....would never do that..
If Serena stays focussed all the time she can achieve more than anybody has....BUT the discipline that a true champion has is obviously missing.

IDIOT

lmao...you call Serena an idiot and you can't even spell correctly.
it's doing and focused.
moron. :rolleyes:

dav abu
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Don't take any notice of the enquirer, itís no better than a tabloid rag. I wouldn't trust anything in it, I used to buy it with my friends for train journeys so we could laugh at all the rubbish in it. Serena is definitely not in good shape but I wouldn't be surprised if the picture was manipulated.

volta
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Those photos of Janet and Kelly :rolleyes: PUHLEEZE. I see Kelly every morning and she wears low cut dresses sometimes and never have I seen her bones sticking out of her chest like that. And Janet :haha: no way is Janet Jackson going to let herself go like that unless she's pregnant. Me thinks a lot of photoshopping was going on at the NE for this spread.
infact she is working on her body since september and doesnt want to be seen till the new single + video drop in Feb. i see that NE source is amazing like The Sun :rolleyes:
Rena is much small then she was maybe her muscles arent at their place yet but she lost some good weight imo

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Someone should show Serena a copy of the National Enquirer and maybe she will be so embarrassed that she will get her A** in Gear. :mad:
OMG :rolleyes:

daffodil
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
A tennis magazine I have said that Serena was clearly 10-15 overweight, but 165 lbs. is just rubbish. I hate when magazines bring down other people to boost their sales. Pathetic.

Helen Lawson
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Everything I've ever read has indicated that, unlike Monica, Serena loves the gym and to work out. Remember how buff she was in Miami a few years ago when she'd been out a long time? Why not this time? I can't understand her still being overweight (if that is true). Is she still injured?

Kunal
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:27 PM
lmao...you call Serena an idiot and you can't even spell correctly.
it's doing and focused.
moron. :rolleyes:

get a fucking life you dyke.... they are called typos...

lemme guess you are going to check the word 'typos' in the dictionary and correct me again..

waste of time.

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:30 PM

lemme guess you are going to check the word 'typos' in the dictionary and correct me again..

waste of time.

:tape:

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:31 PM

waste of time.
:speakles:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM

She is definately not that bad. She does reminds me of Xena garrison when I saw Xena as the Fed Cup Captain.
Her thighs are so big that they likely rub against each other when she moves.
I don't mind big thighs thoug.

Serena is probably 5'8 170. There's no way she weighs under 160. Kuznetsova is supposedly 160 as well. Have u seen her thighs as well?
They're big.
Even though I'm a dude, I'm 5'8 160. I know that women are shaped differently but there shouldn't be anyway that Serena weighs less than me. The girl has a big jug, a fat ass, and big thighs where most of her weight resides and she still looks big.
She's getting into plus size model range. She likely wears a 14-16 now.
I don't mind if she enjoys shopping at Lane Bryant.

ampers&
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:40 PM

waste of time.
lol...
is someone jealous because i'm getting more pussy that he is???:awww:

i pointed out your "typos" because you had the nerve to call someone else an idiot.
but i won't get into a childish argument with you because I don't have the time, nor the patience, to do so. :wavey:

Nicjac
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:43 PM

waste of time.

Well, typos is on thing, but somehow I got the feeling that you don't know what a dyke is.

Here some words of encouragment ... look it up :D

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:44 PM

waste of time.

I suggest you back the fuck up you little dumb muthafucka. You shouldn't talk shit if you don't have your own shit together bitch. You got called out cause you called someone else stupid while looking stupid yourself.

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:47 PM
:tape::rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:48 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah I know :rolleyes:

ampers&
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Well, typos is on thing, but somehow I got the feeling that you don't know what a dyke is.

Here some words of encouragment ... look it up :D
I suggest you back the fuck up you little dumb muthafucka. You shouldn't talk shit if you don't have your own shit together bitch. You got called out cause you called someone else stupid while looking stupid yourself.
:hearts::hug:

but guys...it's ok.
let him say what he wants.
no need for an argument or anything.
it's all good.;)

venusfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
venusfan, I gave you more credit than this to post something the National Enquirer said about Serena. What is the point of this thread?

The point is it's not just us who think Serena is out of shape for tennis. That picture of her in Hong Kong sitting on the side was just horrible.

le bon vivant
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM

Oh please! :rolleyes: :retard:

le bon vivant
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM

LOL you did??!! His username says it all. :tape:

le bon vivant
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM
She is definately not that bad. She does reminds me of Xena garrison when I saw Xena as the Fed Cup Captain.
Her thighs are so big that they likely rub against each other when she moves.
I don't mind big thighs thoug.

Serena is probably 5'8 170. There's no way she weighs under 160. Kuznetsova is supposedly 160 as well. Have u seen her thighs as well?
They're big.
Even though I'm a dude, I'm 5'8 160. I know that women are shaped differently but there shouldn't be anyway that Serena weighs less than me. The girl has a big jug, a fat ass, and big thighs where most of her weight resides and she still looks big.
She's getting into plus size model range. She likely wears a 14-16 now.
I don't mind if she enjoys shopping at Lane Bryant.

Its confirmed - You stoopid.

vwfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Serena may be out of shape, but what should be of bigger concern to her fans is her mental state. I saw her in DC swing of the Williams sisters exho (again, it was just another exho) and she just didn't look focused or like she even cared. She didn't seem to be enjoying herself. I wonder if there are things going on outside of tennis that is bothering her. And I don't mean the usual "gone hollywood" accusations. Serena is a fierce competitor and loves the attention that comes with being a great champion. That seems to be what is missing; fix that and the game and rest will follow.
I don't think it is fair taking pot shots at her when she is clearly struggling with something. Tennis may not be a priority for her now and no amount of c'mons will do it if her focus can't be there. Give her break, because everyone was questioning Venus' dedication and desire and she proved them wrong. Everyone goes through cycles, even great champions like Serena.

dreamgoddess099
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM
lol...
is someone jealous because i'm getting more pussy that he is???:awww:

:spit: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:47 PM
The point is it's not just us who think Serena is out of shape for tennis. That picture of her in Hong Kong sitting on the side was just horrible.
Personally, that article in the NE is not about her being out of shape for tennis and secondly, why do we care what the NE thinks about a tennis player or anyone for that matter? Secondly, I think its bashing her. What good does it do to start a thread like this, but further upset her fans? Is a thread like this supposed to motivate Serena to get in shape or change the minds of her fans who think otherwise? No, I don't think so. What it is, is an inflamatory thread that results in further insults, bashing and flame wars. I doubt you'd feel kindly towards someone starting a thread if the NE did a bad skin article on stars and included Venus.

pigam
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:49 PM
people, enough already about serena's weight. It's getting so old.
I am convinced she thinner now than she was during Wimbledon, so what's all the fuss about?

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Serena may be out of shape, but what should be of bigger concern to her fans is her mental state. I saw her in DC swing of the Williams sisters exho (again, it was just another exho) and she just didn't look focused or like she even cared. She didn't seem to be enjoying herself. I wonder if there are things going on outside of tennis that is bothering her. And I don't mean the usual "gone hollywood" accusations. Serena is a fierce competitor and loves the attention that comes with being a great champion. That seems to be what is missing; fix that and the game and rest will follow.
I don't think it is fair taking pot shots at her when she is clearly struggling with something. Tennis may not be a priority for her now and no amount of c'mons will do it if her focus can't be there. Give her break, because everyone was questioning Venus' dedication and desire and she proved them wrong. Everyone goes through cycles, even great champions like Serena.
:worship: :worship: This is a great post.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Its confirmed - You stoopid.

Huney. Darling. Sweetie.
You seem to be the only one who feels that way.
I didn't see anyone else respond to the post.
If she was a model in the industry than she would be considered plus size.
That's just a fact.
She might be closer to a 12 than a 14-16 but it doesn't mean she might be wearing 14s or 16s in some clothes.
She's probably about a good 35 pounds from being Toccara's size from ANTM cycle 3.
She's just a big girl. If she can still play her tennis being a step or two slower than I'm fine with that. Serena should do Serena.
I'm just acknowleding the fact that she looks to be even bigger now than last year.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Huney. Darling. Sweetie.
You seem to be the only one who feels that way.
I didn't see anyone else respond to the post.
If she was a model in the industry than she would be considered plus size.
That's just a fact.
She might be closer to a 12 than a 14-16 but it doesn't mean she might be wearing 14s or 16s in some clothes.
She's probably about a good 35 pounds from being Toccara's size from ANTM cycle 3.
She's just a big girl. If she can still play her tennis being a step or two slower than I'm fine with that. Serena should do Serena.
I'm just acknowleding the fact that she looks to be even bigger now than last year.
Not really. I didn't respond because you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how flawed it is. :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Denise let's try to start off the year on a good note.
I really don't feel like bitching about something that is obvious. Serena is a big girl.
She's never going to be this skinny bitch.
She just will have to adjust to play big babe tennis (power tennis, lack of superior movement around the court) if she wants to continue to be successful at her size.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Denise let's try to start off the year on a good note.
I really don't feel like bitching about something that is obvious. Serena is a big girl.
She's never going to be this skinny bitch.
She just will have to adjust to play big babe tennis (power tennis, lack of superior movement around the court) if she wants to continue to be successful at her size.
If you really feel that way, why did you write such an insulting post about Serena?

I'm all for starting the new year on a good note, but I disagree with you. She gained weight after she injured her ankle last year. It was very evident at Wimby, but she's lost at least ten of those extra pounds since then and the more she plays, the more fit she will get. I agree that she will never be skinny and even at her prime weight in 2002, she was considered by some to be big and fat, so when I hear that she's fat and obese now, I take it with a grain of salt. As far as playing big babe tennis, that's all I've ever known her to play. At the weight she is now, she's still quicker than most on court. Therefore she doesn't suffer from lack of movement, but as you say, lack of superior movement.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:32 PM
If you really feel that way, why did you write such an insulting post about Serena?

I'm all for starting the new year on a good note, but I disagree with you. She gained weight after she injured her ankle last year. It was very evident at Wimby, but she's lost at least ten of those extra pounds since then and the more she plays, the more fit she will get. I agree that she will never be skinny and even at her prime weight in 2002, she was considered by some to be big and fat, so when I hear that she's fat and obese now, I take it with a grain of salt. As far as playing big babe tennis, that's all I've ever known her to play. At the weight she is now, she's still quicker than most on court. Therefore she doesn't suffer from lack of movement, but as you say, lack of superior movement.

What the hell is so insulting about my post?
There is nothing wrong with being big. She's probably a size 12-16. So what!!!
I don't care. There is some cute stuff at Lane Bryant if she has to go.
She has big thighs. If they do rub against each other when she moves than so what. It happens!!!
I said the girl wasn't as big as Lindsay before 97'. Xena looked aiight at the FED CUP last year. Her skirt was cute. She wasn't that big.
Seems like some people picking at straws really.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:41 PM
She has big thighs. If they do rub against each other when she moves than so what. It happens!!!
I said the girl wasn't as big as Lindsay before 97'. Xena looked aiight at the FED CUP last year. Her skirt was cute. She wasn't that big.
Oh whatever Wannabe, I'm not even going there today. :wavey:

le bon vivant
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Zina looked closer to Oracene at Fed Cup last year than Serena.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Now that doesn't seem to be a nice thing to say about your Fed Cup Captain.

le bon vivant
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Now that doesn't seem to be a nice thing to say about your Fed Cup Captain.

or my favorite player's mama.... :tape::p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Yeah, when I look at my tapes of Venus and Serena For Real, Serena isn't even CLOSE to Zina's weight. Zina was looking real boiled egg :tape:

volta
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, when I look at my tapes of Venus and Serena For Real, Serena isn't even CLOSE to Zina's weight. Zina was looking real boiled egg :tape:
:lol: :lol: