PDA

View Full Version : Can Elena Back Up Her Claim To Be GS Champ By Taking Out Kim?

pierce0415
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.sport.be/nl/images/2004/oktober/elenakim.jpg

If Kim plays the way she did today, she is going to be pummeled by Elena :D

wateva
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
beating kim does not make elena a grand slam champ. :shrug:
anyway, if kim continues this sorry form, i'll say elena wins in straight sets. :(

No Name Face
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Elena in three.

:)

Ferosh
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Oui!

Mark for Martina
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
With everybody either injured or out of shape... Elena has a good chance for the Aussie Open... but... She could be in trouble if she draws either the Auckland, Gold Coast or Sydney winner in her quarter...

KClijsters
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
tomorrow is another day. So it's possible that Kim play good. We have to see.

xin_hui
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:39 PM
it's not the finals of a GS tmr. she cant back up her claim with a win tmr.

if she wants, beat kim (or actually anybody) in a GS final

marmite1
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Elena all the way.

Apoorv
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
elena all the way

Billy Moonshine
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Elena is straights, 6-4, 6-2.

Paldias
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Even if Elena wins, it'll mean nothing. This is an exhibition. Dementieva has one of the most similar time change to Hong Kong nex to all the other players, I'm sure a lot of them are just tired.

Volcana
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:16 PM
If she thinks her serve is good enough to win her a GS title, that's one person who does.

Dawn Marie
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Elena needs to stop it with the grandslam crap and just let her raquet do the talking when she is playing in a semi-final, quarter-final or final. Right now nobody is going to take her seriously because of her past choking, bad errors and horrible serve.

kabuki
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Kim just needed to get warmed up.

miffedmax
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
If this tournament were a grand slam, Lena wouldn't have to talk about winning one.

She is my favorite player, but until she gets her head problems figured out and wins a final that matters, she's just giving the haters fodder and teasing her long-suffering (but fanatically loyal) following with these kinds of statements.

Dementinator
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:31 PM
well i am not sure what she is supposed to say really ,"Nope it wont happen ,i may as well pack it in , I am just going through the motions ,I stand no chance at all"

She thinks she can do it and thats fine by me what the fucks wrong with that? she hasnt said she definately WILL do it ,just she has the tools for the job and she does ,take it from someone who has seen lots of female tennis over 25 years ,shes one of the most talented out there ,her mental problems and serve ,which is mental too ,are stopping her ,but hopefuly she can overcome them ,she thinks she can and thats good.

When the rest of the haters and other nobodys can achieve in life what she has ,they can talk ,until then bollocks to them ,they mean nothing anyways.

As far as beating Kim tomorrow ,well its possible but true this doesnt carry a lot of weight in the great scheme of things but its all good confidence building stuff.

tennisluver99
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Cmon Kim, play better tomorrow!!!! :D

RAA
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
elena can only prove herself to be a GS champ by, ahem, winning a GS.

not by beating a champ in some exho before the christmas decorations are even off the trees.

E. Blackadder
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Elena 6-3 6-2

Geisha
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Elena will win because she is the EXHIBITION QUEEN.

vwfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Elena will probably win, primarily because it means more to her than to Kim. Kim has nothing to prove at an exho. She has gotten the biggest monkey off her back and why waste her mental or physical energy on match that is for the most part meaningless, except for getting some match play in. Kim should have bigger fish to fry than beating Dementieva, but she will undoubtedly get a good workout in the process.

jogoss_78
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Kim will win

Pheobo
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Elena's playing great right now...and Kim isn't. So I think Elena should take this in three sets.

MisterMan
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:50 PM
The time is NOW, and at the AO. Kim losing a set to Jie, being a doormat at the YEC -this is the time for Elena to POUNCE. Because come summer time, Kimmie's gonna be back in town.

kabuki
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM
;)

Dawn Marie
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Why do these players only have a solid 4 weeks off and come out in Januraury like they already revamped their game to the highest level and will win what they didn't 4 weeks prior?? Enough.LOL