PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong: Big Babe Showdown - Linzi vs Injured Venus

pierce0415
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.epochtimes.com/i6/5070200131482--ss.jpg

Who will win this match? I want Venus to win but I have a feeling it will be Lindsay, Walkover :tape:

SelesFan70
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:26 PM
http://www.epochtimes.com/i6/5070200131482--ss.jpg

Who will win this match? I want Venus to win but I have a feeling it will be Lindsay, Walkover :tape:

Well, if Venus does play and loses, Lindsay will get little to no credit on this board for sure. :tape: I just want them both to be healthy and playing well!

Maryamator
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
erm venus is injurred so i think lindsay will win.
I dont think venus should play anyway.. What if she plays and then the injury gets wrose then she might to be able to play the aussi open. get well soon vee

Kenny
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Wow, with Venus's injury I'd have to say Lindsay. Don't want her to win, though.

santhuruu
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I have my doubts, I hope Venus can still win though.

40-0
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:44 PM
vee will b fine, stop bothering, she has...MUST...win the australian :D

TomTennis
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM
relax man people!

even WITH the injury (hoping she doesnt withdraw) Venus will win! I have faith in my girl!!!!

TomTennis
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM
vee will b fine, stop bothering, she has...MUST...win the australian :D

:worship: :worship:

IceHock
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:50 PM
lindsay in 2

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Whats wrong with Venus?

santhuruu
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Little injury in the back

mr_burns
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
lindsay will destroy her;-)

jacobruiz
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Why would Venus want to play if she really has injured her back?:confused:

Wouldn't she be taking a big chance to make it worse?

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Jocob...regarding you sig...are you more a super fan of Rose, Sophia, Dorothy or Blanch?

dav abu
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
as I said in another thread Venus can't be that bad if she was injured she wouldn't have played on today and there is no way she would risk her back with the OZ Open so close. I think Lindsay will win but only just and I'm not taking Venus having a scare today into consideration. Hope we get a great match!

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
How did Venus injure her back? Did it happen oncourt? What happened?

V-MAC
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
well if Vee's movement is restricted, then Lindsay has the edge. otherwise, Venus all the way

<!Society!>
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM
davenport in 2

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM

:rolleyes: What do you care? Especially since you never think either WS ever gets injured. They just lie and fake all of the time to get out of playing, right?

vwfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
well if Vee's movement is restricted, then Lindsay has the edge. otherwise, Venus all the waymy sentiments exactly.

Geisha
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Venus can win despite an injury. If she puts her mind to it "nobody can beat her".

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Venus please reestablish dominance of Lindsay now.

tennisluver99
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I hope Venus wins, but if her injury is really bad she should withdraw and get better for the AO.

new-york
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Venus please reestablish dominance of Lindsay now.

:worship:

selking
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:32 PM
injury or not it would be lindsay

faboozadoo15
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
:rolleyes: What do you care? Especially since you never think either WS ever gets injured. They just lie and fake all of the time to get out of playing, right?
it's a good question-- if her back is injured, why would venus play an exhibition in the first place (especially right before the aus open)?
if someone else had asked that question, maybe a venus fan, you would have given a different answer...

a lot of posters get tired of this type of 'excusism' where players talk about their injuries, and then they 'win' the match no matter what, saince people say "well if they hadn't been injured, that match was theirs." and then if they do win it's a "wow, they won that one injured!"

tennisluver99
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:36 PM
injury or not it would be lindsay

Like at Wimbledon :D

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Hope Vee hands Big Lindsay the walkover just for precaution. Oz is too close to risk further injury :shrug:

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
it's a good question-- if her back is injured, why would venus play an exhibition in the first place (especially right before the aus open)?
if someone else had asked that question, maybe a venus fan, you would have given a different answer...

To feel injured during play, why would she have to be injured prior to the exhibition? :scratch: Couldn't she have tweaked something during the match? And you're right, if it had been a Venus fan my answer would have been different, because a Venus fan wouldn't have questioned her word to begin with.

a lot of posters get tired of this type of 'excusism' where players talk about their injuries,..."
Who gives a damn?

faboozadoo15
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM
To feel injured during play, why would she have to be injured prior to the exhibition? :scratch: Couldn't she have tweaked something during the match? And you're right, if it had been a Venus fan my answer would have been different, because a Venus fan wouldn't have questioned her word to begin with.

Who gives a damn?
who is questioning her word? the question is-- if she's injured why would she continue to play at an exhibition.

not everyone is as blind as you. some people question what people say and mean and don't take everything their favorite says as the absolute truth.

PaulHopkins
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Lindsay Davenport will win I think.

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:25 PM
who is questioning her word? the question is-- if she's injured why would she continue to play at an exhibition.

not everyone is as blind as you. some people question what people say and mean and don't take everything their favorite says as the absolute truth.

Did you read what Venus said at all?? :shrug:

TeamUSA#1
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Davenport...

Lindsay always starts the season in near top form, while Vee usually takes a little time to shake the rust off... could be 3 sets though

cometz9
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Go Venus :rocker2: only she knows if she's capable of playing today so let's hope for the best.

cartmancop
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:41 PM
If Vee is having trouble moving, Lindsay will win... However, I think that if Venus thought the injury was any problem @ all or might be worse, she wouldn't have finished the match vs. Mirza. I think she learned her lesson about playing with a worsening injury when she hurt her stomach.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:48 PM

Uhh, jacobruiz and apparently you. :smash:

We don't know if she's going to continue to play and sometimes you can play through a slight injury or tweak.

Why are you getting personal? Because I could say not everyone is as stupid as you, but that wouldn't be very helpful to the discussion.

Why does not questioning someone's word make me blind? Some people question everything, so what? When I don't have a reason to question someone's word about something, why should I?

Do you just want to argue for the sake of arguing? Because I don't.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Did you read what Venus said at all?? :shrug:
I think he just wants to argue with me. :rolleyes:

Wsisters45
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I honestly don't know. Lindsay-Venus matches are so unpredictable. If Venus' injury is still there,Lindsay will most likely win. If Venus is fine for the match,then I really don't know. Lindsay looked sharp against Nicole, and Venus didn't play that well against Sania but we all know she'll step up and especially against Lindsay,since she'll be one of her main competition for the Aus.

If Venus is still injured-Lindsay in 2
If Venus is fine-Venus in three close sets (It can go either way)

I'm taking it too seriously-it's only an exho :lol:

G-Ha
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I think Lindsay will win...not really because Venus is injured but because Lindsay manages to win their unimportant meetings.

LucasArg
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:02 PM
If Venus is in pain, she will not play. I hope she is ok.

venus_rulez
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Venus shouldn't play, especially because she doesn't know what the injury is. Hopefully Serena is reminding her of what happened at Wimbledon '03. Even a fully healthy Venus has difficulty with Lindsay, if she's still not feeling right, Lindsay's going to win. But hopefully Vee will be fine and she'll notch another win. :)

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I think Lindsay will win...not really because Venus is injured but because Lindsay manages to win their unimportant meetings.

Not really.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Jocob...regarding you sig...are you more a super fan of Rose, Sophia, Dorothy or Blanch?

Dorothy is the best, she has the best comedic timing...those pauses :haha: :haha:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Well we know Venus will have no problem withdrawing from the match if she's not feeling well tomorrow. I think Lindsay will win though, as someone said Lindsay wins the unimportant meetings.

TeamUSA#1
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:38 PM
WTF is an unimportant meeting????? I dont care if it is a match with a friend in the backyard to an expo, to a slam,, when you step onto the court, you play to win.....

dav abu
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM
It's not only slam matchs that count. I'm not going to lose the head tomorrow one way or the other because it is an exhibition but its not unimportant, pride at the very least is always at stake on the tennis court. What time British time will the match be starting?

jacobruiz
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:45 PM

You're apparently forgetting that those women were "The Golden GIRLS".

THIS is THE GOLDEN GIRL

http://cache.wtnphotos.com/594/21237469586sharapova.jpg

;)

Simplicity
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I hope she donest play.. Painor no pain :tape:

jacobruiz
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM

What the hell are you on, Denise? Or are you just being your usual charming self?:rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:52 PM
What the hell are you on, Denise? Or are you just being your usual charming self?:rolleyes:
The tone of the post I'm responding to begs the question of why you would even ask. :rolleyes:

selking
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Like at Wimbledon :D

oh yea, when venus had to play her best to beat davenport 9-7 in the final set. yes, that time. Venus never plays that good and thats why injury or not it would be lindsay

Marshmallow
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:01 PM
If Venus feels fine to play, it's okay. She's smart enough not to risk something major - in what is not a slam.

I dont mind who wins. But if Lindsay wins, i hate to think she'd be all 'what coulda woulda' " wimbledon.

I just hope it's a good scrap!

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Hope Vee hands Big Lindsay the walkover just for precaution. Oz is too close to risk further injury :shrug:

I definetely agree :worship: only reason i see her playing is if she gets a massage or something and wakes up feeling fine but then she might tweak it again so i really think she should just withdraw :)

jacobruiz
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
The tone of the post I'm responding to begs the question of why you would even ask. :rolleyes:

My post was to ask "why would Venus even play Lindsay if she has a back injury" because the thread starter seemed to assume that of course she will. It's just an exo; Venus will certainly withdraw, in my opinion. The "tone" of my post is in your hate-filled little mind.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:08 PM
My post was to ask "why would Venus even play Lindsay if she has a back injury" because the thread starter seemed to assume that of course she will. It's just an exo; Venus will certainly withdraw, in my opinion. The "tone" of my post is in your hate-filled little mind.
:lol: Whatever

!<blocparty>!
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Venus in 2.

Paneru
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I have no doubts!

Venus!

If she plays baby
is gonna win!

fammmmedspin
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
How did Venus injure her back? Did it happen oncourt? What happened?

Awful. she hasn't played a tour match this year or since whenever abd she is injured altready?

Its another nail in the coffin of the players play too much argument - its either bad luck, bad doctoring, unhealed damage or poor preparation.

vwfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:40 PM
oh yea, when venus had to play her best to beat davenport 9-7 in the final set. yes, that time. Venus never plays that good and thats why injury or not it would be lindsay Ok, so you're going to make me go there. Lindsay was outplayed at Wimbledon! Period. Every big point, Venus played it better and broke Lindsay at love twice under pressure. BTW, Venus leads 5-4 against Lindsay in Grand Slam matchups, and 3-0 in Grand Slam finals. If she loses in an exo, that's fine. As long as she brings it should they happen to meet in another Grand Slam final this year.

-Sonic-
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Ice is cold.
Fire is hot.
Water is wet.
Venus is injured.

All is normal with the world then. I nearly thought I was in an alternate universe.

Paneru
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
oh yea, when venus had to play her best to beat davenport 9-7 in the final set. yes, that time. Venus never plays that good and thats why injury or not it would be lindsay

Bitch all you want ass! :p

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Ice is cold.
Fire is hot.
Water is wet.
Venus is injured.

All is normal with the world then. I nearly thought I was in an alternate universe.
Okay, what the hell is that poking your leg in your avatar? :confused:

-Sonic-
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Tis not my leg ;) I think its a physio or a Doc or a masseur.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Tis not my leg ;) I think its a physio or a Doc or a masseur.
:lol: Okay, but what is the actual thing poking it? :unsure:

RJWCapriati
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Davenport ~ 6-2, 6-1

<!Society!>
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
dont you just love the way the thread says "injured venus" and then has a picture of the wimbledon final, hahaha

She said herself its nothing major shes gonna get her arse kicked by linds and if she really is injured the only think that shall silence me is if she pulls out

<!Society!>
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I definetely agree :worship: only reason i see her playing is if she gets a massage or something and wakes up feeling fine but then she might tweak it again so i really think she should just withdraw :)

or maybe because you all seem to be trying to make her slight back twinge something that its not. She said it restricted her movement and all that, i actually like venus but i am an avid lindsay fan i must admitt, she beat mirza with a comfortable win and if it was hurting then and she thought it was that bad she would have pulled out. She didnt, and shes playing lindsay tomorrow. May the better girl win

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:24 PM

How then do you explain Venus defeating Lindsay on the way to claiming 4 her of slams?? :shrug: You need to get over that Wimby loss :lol:

-Sonic-
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:26 PM
A hand.............................................. ...................

korben
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Knew it, heavily bad repped after that previous post :lol:

Willie fans really take this too seriously :rolleyes: Damn, they pull that card in every single thread but now that someone who pulled it just for fun of it got punished.

Can only say. :wavey:

Kart
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Absolutely nothing to do with this match / thread but thought to pull this...

Well seeing that it's nothing to do with this thread, perhaps you ought to pull it out before it causes any trouble.

korben
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Well seeing that it's nothing to do with this thread, perhaps you ought to pull it out before it causes any trouble.

No. What is done is done. I take the heat.

I think it was better to do this now, in absolutely wrong thread, than pull that in any AO 1st round match.

Someone would have done it anyway.

:wavey: All the best to Venus/Serana Fans :wavey:

(I probably count as a hater now) :(

Infiniti2001
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:46 PM
No. What is done is done. I take the heat.

I think it was better to do this now, in absolutely wrong thread, than pull that in any AO 1st round match.

Someone would have done it anyway.

:wavey: All the best to Venus/Serana Fans :wavey:

You really need to get a bloody life :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:00 PM
No, just an ignorant and childish troll. :rolleyes:

Haute
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:25 AM
If Vee is having trouble moving, Lindsay will win... However, I think that if Venus thought the injury was any problem @ all or might be worse, she wouldn't have finished the match vs. Mirza. I think she learned her lesson about playing with a worsening injury when she hurt her stomach.

That's what I'm hoping she'll do if the injury is serious; however, her comment about Petra Nemcova at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards is lingering in the back of my head right now, how Vee saw what Petra went through and how Vee wasn't going to retire from any more matches because she knows (or thinks) she can make it to the end of match since it's nothing compared to a shattered pelvis.

Knizzle
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I for one hopes Venus plays through this injury if she gets good treatment. Pulling out to rest hasn't really helped lately so why not.

IceHock
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:38 AM
venus said she could not run her fastest davenport hits the ball so hard and u have to be able to run venus cant she will lose if she plays unless it magicly heals overnight if she plays injured its retarded it could hurt her in the ao

Bounty Hunter
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Like Elena D said in Miami (2004) ... Venus is a good actress.... :tape: :lol: :lol:

Meesh
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Good Luck Lindsay!

selking
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Ok, so you're going to make me go there. Lindsay was outplayed at Wimbledon! Period. Every big point, Venus played it better and broke Lindsay at love twice under pressure. BTW, Venus leads 5-4 against Lindsay in Grand Slam matchups, and 3-0 in Grand Slam finals. If she loses in an exo, that's fine. As long as she brings it should they happen to meet in another Grand Slam final this year.

Here, go here for me. Name me a time that venus has played like that since. I'm waiting....

Infiniti2001
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Here, go here for me. Name me a time that venus has played like that since. I'm waiting....

What exactly is your problem? Venus got to a final of a slam and played to win ---end of discussion :rolleyes:

Haute
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:59 AM

Last set and a half of the Stanford SF against Patty this year. ;)

Simplicity
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Like Elena D said in Miami (2004) ... Venus is a good actress.... :tape: :lol: :lol:
And i'm asked why i don't like her?! No Slam ____________________Title :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Zauber
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:21 AM
mate if you are on the other side of the net you are not injured.
I hate when people show up for a game with build in excuse.
That way its impossible to win.
surveys of this kind are just to promote one player the injured one with an excuse.

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this but Lindsay is 5-2 ahead in the first. Venus broke to bring it back to 4-2 but Lindsay broke straight back.

selking
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
What exactly is your problem? Venus got to a final of a slam and played to win ---end of discussion :rolleyes:

I'm not the one that brought up wimbldeon. All i'm saying is that lindsay is the better player more often now that she has gotten much better in the past 2 years

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Here, go here for me. Name me a time that venus has played like that since. I'm waiting....SF against Schnyder at Stanford. :wavey: If you go to the matchclips thread, you can even view the awesome matchpoint that ended it with Patty walking to the net clapping!

venus_rulez
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I'm not the one that brought up wimbldeon. All i'm saying is that lindsay is the better player more often now that she has gotten much better in the past 2 years

What's your point?

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
All i'm saying is that lindsay is the better player more often now that she has gotten much better in the past 2 years Lindsay is the number one player in the world and she has gotten better, since the times before Venus' injury when Venus was kicking her butt routinely. Nearly forced her into retirement like Hingis.

Lindsay won 3 out of 4 of their matchups since Venus came back in 2004 from her eight-month injury layoff . But on the fourth try, Venus walked away with the aptly named Venus Rosewater Dish. Lindsay is playing better tennis now, but Venus is the 2005 Wimbledon Champion.

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Like Elena D said in Miami (2004) ... Venus is a good actress.... :tape: :lol: :lol:I suppose comments like this is why people "assume" you don't like Venus. :fiery: But thanks for posting the picture and starting the other thread.

selking
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Lindsay is the number one player in the world and she has gotten better, since the times before Venus' injury when Venus was kicking her butt routinely. Nearly forced her into retirement like Hingis.

Lindsay won 3 out of 4 of their matchups since Venus came back in 2004 from her eight-month injury layoff . But on the fourth try, Venus walked away with the aptly named Venus Rosewater Dish. Lindsay is playing better tennis now, but Venus is the 2005 Wimbledon Champion.

yes, venus is the wimbledon champion,basically her only decent tournamnet of the year, but lindsay is the number one player in the world and the better player overall by far. If i had to chose i'd take lindsays situation. Sorry but the days of the williams sister dominating is over. I mean, we allreay knew this when serena was sent home crying by jill crybas. :lol:

Knizzle
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:04 PM
yes, venus is the wimbledon champion,basically her only decent tournamnet of the year, but lindsay is the number one player in the world and the better player overall by far. If i had to chose i'd take lindsays situation. Sorry but the days of the williams sister dominating is over. I mean, we allreay knew this when serena was sent home crying by jill crybas. :lol:

I understand ur bitter cause the WS owned your fave, but one day maybe you'll get over it. And if you asked Lindsay if she was a better player overall than Venus, do you think she'd agree with you??

Infiniti2001
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM

Lindsay would trade that #1 for the Wimby title in a NY minute , because it will forever be in the record books . These days being # 1 means nothing really if you get my drift :tape:

P.S. ask any player on tour which would they prefer, and they'd tell you Venus's only decent tournament of 2005. :p

vwfan
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:32 AM
yes, venus is the wimbledon champion,basically her only decent tournamnet of the year, but lindsay is the number one player in the world and the better player overall by far. If i had to chose i'd take lindsays situation. Sorry but the days of the williams sister dominating is over. Poor you. I don't know Lindsay personally, but she seems like the sensible sort and I am almost 100% sure that she would much rather be the 2005 Wimbledon Champion than the 2005 #1. She has said as much and we all know she is continuing to play because she thinks she can bag one more slam, not one more year as the world #1.

The Williams sisters are dominating but they own 2/4 of the Grand Slam titles for 2005; practically have a lock on the Wimbledon finals; and have the best career W/L percentages among active players. Go figure?!