PDA

View Full Version : Dinara Has Been Kicking Ass And Taking Names - Is 2006 Her Year?

pierce0415
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Linetskaya 76 60
Benesova 60 61
Medina Garrigues 61 63
Safarova ?

Dinara :worship: Great Play
You will be Top 10 Soon

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM
it's definetly looking good, i hope she does well at the aussie and takes out a few big names

Maryamator
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:11 PM
yay cmon dinara!

"Sluggy"
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I agree. I saw her at Open Gaz and she'd made progress, Dinara is moving up.

Shonami Slam
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:30 PM
she's an amazing indoor player. she's a bit underlooked at that department because she has had AMAZING results on it.
In clay she's mighty fine as well, but it'smostly the lower tiers.
this week she'll be taking a hard court title and she made impressive imporovements on grass as well this year.
she's a great all court player, she's having a great doubles career along the way and she's beaten Mauresmo and Sharapova last year.
She's going to blossom big time,
it's funyy - it seems as though she's been on tour for years now, but she's still so young.
I've been saying it for quite a while - this girl may "only" be Marat's sister - but she has the complete game and she will be a regular top10er in 3-4 years.

IceHock
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:36 PM
wait till she plays someone better none of those that that she played are really good tennis players

Nicjac
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
wait till she plays someone better none of those that that she played are really good tennis players

Huh?

Linetskaya, Benesova, and Medina Garrigues belong to the best sixty female players on earth right now.

You belong to that elite? :rolleyes: If not, show some respect.

IceHock
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:39 PM
im talkin the top twenty players i mean cmon are the players she played really that good???i dont think so i mean wait till she has some tougher matches against like schnyder or petrova or anyof them if she wins those then i will agree with you youve got to beat the best to be the best

Billy Moonshine
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I really hope so as I am a massive Dinara fan. She kind of reminds me of Nalby, I don't know why, it could be the all court game and the cute smile. There is something very down to earth about her and I think I am falling in love......
But like Nalby, she has the talent, however does she have the mentality which he has so often lacked and she has been cited as lacking too?
We shall see very soon....

Nicjac
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:56 PM
im talkin the top twenty players i mean cmon are the players she played really that good???i dont think so i mean wait till she has some tougher matches against like schnyder or petrova or anyof them if she wins those then i will agree with you youve got to beat the best to be the best

I think they are that good or they wouldn't belong to such an elite.

And isn't Dinara in the top 20 herself right now?

I am not a huge fan of hers (but I agree that we should watch out for her after her performances last year), but if I remember correctly she already scored wins against the likes of Dementieva, Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, Schnyder, Schiavone, Ivanovic, (Jancovic?).

She needs to beat them consistently to climb the rankings, but she is a pretty good prospect.

the bambi
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:00 PM
one tourney does not a top ten player make. we'll see.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Dinara is already top 20.
To make a real statement, she needs a big result at a major.

-Sonic-
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I hope not, she's one of the few players I really don't like to watch. Sorry guys, just a preference.