PDA

View Full Version : SCG def Russia 2-1, but USA gets to final...

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Sweden withdrew from mixed doubles after leading USA 2-0, by that they put USA in the finals. Not at all sportish.
Ana and Nole you had a great debut, and only to unfair behavior you missed the finals. Next year you'll get them all.

Ana/Nole beat Sveta/Yuri 62 76

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:33 PM
only if Sweden beats USA 2-0 in mixed doubles Serbia will go through

most probably same number of points but better set difference for USA

When we needed most Anci failed :sad: But good debut for SCG anyway. Better luck in Sidney Ana !

Thats not truth!

All Sweden wins in mix vs. USA team means that in final go winner of SCG-RUS match (because if lose mix USA have worst match record than winner of SCG/RUS match!).

But problem is that Lisa/Artur is BEST MIX DOUBLE AT HC2006.
So, real USA chances right now is about 80%, not 99%!

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:47 PM
well points are the same after two matches today

it's same in matches 4 won and 4 lost. They'll have better diff in sets, they need only 1 set from Swedes, and i doubt Raymond/Dent will lose 2-0

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
PROPOSITON:
1. WINS RECORD
2. MATCH RECORD
3. SET RECORD
4. GAME RECORD
5. H2H

IF USA win mix match (2:0 or 2:1 no matter):
1. USA and winner of SCG/RUS have 2 "wins", and SWE and SCG/RUS loser have 1 "wins".
2. USA and winner of SCG/RUS match have 5/4 match record
3. USA have 12/8 or 12/9 and thats is always better than winner SCG/RUS 10/8 or 10/9 set record.
USA go in Final

IF USA lose mix match (2:0 or 2:1 no matter):
1. USA and winner of SCG/RUS have 2 "wins", and SWE and SCG/RUS loser have 1 "wins".
2. USA 4/5 match record, but winner of SCG/RUS match have 5/4 match record.
Winner of SCG/RUS go in final!

Right now Serbia lead vs Russia 6:2 1:1 in mix.

Klurt
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:04 PM
And because Johansson just withdrew from the doubles.... It's NED-USA in the Hopman Cup final. Official.

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Sweden withdrew.
US enter the finals via cowardly way.

omg - did n e 1 c when the organiser came up to Novak Ana and Svetlana and told them to move to the Center court that SWE has withdrawn and that USA has made the final - it was such a personal moment - I felt I was there coz the camera on that court is so close it feels like you're with them on court - anyway - when some guy said on the loud speakars that SWE withdrew and US was in the final- my heart just sank and I had a lump in my throut. The look on Ana's beautiful face was so sad - it almost made me cry - and poor Sveta she also looked so dissaponted.

Then when the guy said to move to the other court - they all just draged their stuff behind them - still in saddness - it was just a really sad moment - I felt like Ana wasnt gonna get up from the sofa - she and nole looked like they weren't gonna even try.

God- SCG was so unlucky.
I so badly wanted SWE to defeat the USA 2-1 and a miracle did happen.
and I was so sure SCG was gonna bt Russia 3-0
It was all up to Ana and she let us down - she better win the AO to make up for this.

We are so unlucky - I'm not gonna watch the final tomorrow - I'll go out or go and c a movie if I c the US team again I think I will vomit.

We better be invited next year because SCg has put on an amazing performance this week - sure we might not have made the final - but these to 18 yr.old have done so well -especially Ana and if they are not invited next year than that would be such a hypocracy. Krajcek, Gronefeld and Dulko were invited back despite never winning a singles match so Ana better be in Perth next year - coz I'm sure I'll go and c them live.

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
GROUP A horor finish is over!

Sweden (Thomas Johanson) withdraw mix match!

Final match: The Netherlands - United States

Erika_Angel
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Sweden withdrew.
US enter the finals via cowardly way.

omg - did n e 1 c when the organiser came up to Novak Ana and Svetlana and told them to move to the Center court that SWE has withdrawn and that USA has made the final - it was such a personal moment - I felt I was there coz the camera on that court is so close it feels like you're with them on court - anyway - when some guy said on the loud speakars that SWE withdrew and US was in the final- my heart just sank and I had a lump in my throut. The look on Ana's beautiful face was so sad - it almost made me cry - and poor Sveta she also looked so dissaponted.

Then when the guy said to move to the other court - they all just draged their stuff behind them - still in saddness - it was just a really sad moment - I felt like Ana wasnt gonna get up from the sofa - she and nole looked like they weren't gonna even try.

God- SCG was so unlucky.
I so badly wanted SWE to defeat the USA 2-1 and a miracle did happen.
and I was so sure SCG was gonna bt Russia 3-0
It was all up to Ana and she let us down - she better win the AO to make up for this.

We are so unlucky - I'm not gonna watch the final tomorrow - I'll go out or go and c a movie if I c the US team again I think I will vomit.

We better be invited next year because SCg has put on an amazing performance this week - sure we might not have made the final - but these to 18 yr.old have done so well -especially Ana and if they are not invited next year than that would be such a hypocracy. Krajcek, Gronefeld and Dulko were invited back despite never winning a singles match so Ana better be in Perth next year - coz I'm sure I'll go and c them live.

:rolleyes: You are so deluded.
Get over it. So SCG didn't make the final and the USA did? USA made the final DESERVINGLY. Lisa and Taylor are a fantastic Mixed doubles team and even though they won by default they would've probably won anyway. The Swedish team weren't strong in the Mixed.
To blame USA is just immature and completely unfair. It was the "cowards way to win"?!?! What a stupid thing to say. They won deservingly. They won both their other ties against Russia and Serbia/Montengro, so why should either of them deserve to reach the final instead of the USA? The USA were all round more consistant.

A Stupid bitter post.

Langers
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM

Nah head down to some courts and I'll teach you a tennis lesson! :lol:

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Get over it, SCG didn't make the final and the USA did DESERVINGLY mind you aswell. The chances of Lisa and Taylor losing the Mixed was slim to none anyway, they are a great team in mixed doubles and Thomas and Sofia arn't really great.
To blame USA for SCGs loss is completely unfair, it was not the cowards was to get to the final, what a stupid thing to say. They deserved it. They beat both Russian and Serbia/Montenegro. Why would either of those teams deserve a place in the final moreso than the USA? The USA got themselves in the position that they needed 1 match to go to the final. They got it by default, but they probably would've won the mixed anyway.

Stupid bitter post.

looks to me you are bitter all your life. Didn't you read what i wrote in rep points! Go get a life

Erika_Angel
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:23 PM
looks to me you are bitter all your life. Didn't you read what i wrote in rep points! Go get a life

Oh whatever.

If you honestly think that SCG is more deserving than USA you have alot of bias.
It is not USA's fault that SWE withdrew from the mixed doubles.
The fact that they beat both SCG & RUS in their previous ties means they only had to win one match. That match came at a default, so what, they still deserved it (and would've won it anyway).
You need to get over yourself. Stop blaming other teams like the USA for your teams loss. I'm sure Ana & Novak don't blame the USA. It is noone's fault but your own if you fail to reach the final.

Erika_Angel
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
OMFG! At your edited first post. Could you be any more of an idiot! Thomas withdrew due to an injury he got at the end of his singles match. You have no idea, you are so stupid. Why anyone would take you seriously, I have no clue. :rolleyes:

SelesFan70
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:31 PM
We paid them to withdraw :devil: :rolleyes:

Klurt
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Media Release
USA Advance to Another Hopman Cup Final
5/01/2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE United States pair of Taylor Dent and Lisa Raymond has advanced to Friday night’s Final of the $1-million Hyundai Hopman Cup international tennis championship and will play outsiders the Netherlands.

In a night of cliff-hangers with three of the four nations in action all in with a chance of making the Final, it was finally down to an injury suffered by Sweden’s Thomas Johansson that determined the USA’s place.

Johansson had battled manfully to beat Dent in a fluctuating singles, finally winning 7-6 (7/5), 2-6, 6-3, but as he then told the fans in the Burswood Dome “I have pain everywhere.”

His withdrawal gave the USA the mixed doubles on a walkover and that was enough to slip the USA past Serbia & Montenegro and Russia, who were locked at one rubber each and into the mixed doubles decider on the adjoining court.

Johansson had recovered from an infected foot early in the week and then suffered pain in his hip and then a shoulder as he hung on grimly to beat Dent.

Could you please edit your 1st post again... It's not called for to call the Swedes bitter and bad behavioured. Johansson was injured, grueled out his match against Dent, but was forced to withdraw from the mixed.

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Like big SCG team supporter here i must thanks Sweden players (Thomas and Sofia both) for FAIR-PLAY! They win both singles today and give SCG possibility to go in final. Ana play very bad today, and that is only reason why Serbia dont win Hopman Cup this year.

Klurt
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Like big SCG team supporter here i must thanks Sweden players (Thomas and Sofia both) for FAIR-PLAY! They win both singles today and give SCG possibility to go in final. Ana play very bad today, and that is only reason why Serbia dont win Hopman Cup this year.
:worship: :yeah:

shava
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:40 PM
If a player withdraws due to injury, there's nothing u could do about it.:shrug:
enough for injury! Tons of events out there every year, not surprising if one has to fight against his own health problems! hope ATP could do something to prevent this from happenin, otherwise,they'd lose both players and crowds!
Congrats to U.S. and Netherlands!!:yeah:

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM
OMFG! At your edited first post. Could you be any more of an idiot! Thomas withdrew due to an injury he got at the end of his singles match. You have no idea, you are so stupid. Why anyone would take you seriously, I have no clue. :rolleyes:

yeah all of a sudden it's an injury. If this is sport then kill me please. It's all about money in politics. Why get SCG in finals when you can get USA! Pure colonialism and unrespect to other nation. Why does USA deserve a place in Finals. They lost to Sweden, we beat Sweden, Lisa lost all her matches! Serbia deserves it more.

But hey why having sports when you can have politics on court!

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:45 PM
And finally all the luck to team Netherlands in the final. I'm sure you'll win. Go Misa!!!!

Erika_Angel
yeah all of a sudden it's an injury. If this is sport then kill me please. It's all about money in politics. Why get SCG in finals when you can get USA! Pure colonialism and unrespect to other nation. Why does USA deserve a place in Finals. They lost to Sweden, we beat Sweden, Lisa lost all her matches! Serbia deserves it more.

But hey why having sports when you can have politics on court!

Oh you are so dumb it is laughable. :lol:
So you are saying that Lisa lost all her matches so that means that they shouldn't reach the finals .... :lol: It takes more than just singles matches in the Hopman Cup. It is a team event. Lisa helped her team win all their mixed matches securing their place in the final.

Cp6uja
Serbia win vs Russia mix 6:2 7:6(4)!

Final GROUP A standings:

team WINS
1. SCG - 2 WINS.
1. USA - 2 WINS.
3. RUS - 1 WINS.
3. SWE - 1 WINS.

MATCH wins
1. SCG - 5 match.
1. USA - 5 match.
3. RUS - 4 match.
3. SWE - 4 match.

SET record
1. USA - 12/8 (60%)
2. SCG - 10/8 (55%)
3. RUS - 8/10 (45%)
4. SWE - 8/12 (40%)

Congrats USA team for this unexpected wins (Without Rodick, Agasi, Blake, Ginepri, Bryan brothers and Williams sisters and Lindsay)!

P.S.
Strong support for Dutch team to win tommorow!

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Oh you are so dumb it is laughable. :lol:
So you are saying that Lisa lost all her matches so that means that they shouldn't reach the finals .... :lol: It takes more than just singles matches in the Hopman Cup. It is a team event. Lisa helped her team win all their mixed matches securing their place in the final.

yeah especially the last mix one vs. Sweden-she was briliant :rolleyes:

Langers
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Gosh, Ana is the most attractive person alive and Novak is the funniest guy in the world. The post match interview was perhaps the most classic thing I've heard. Great stuff, they better be playing next year, because it won't be the same without them. Two great characters of the game.

croat123
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM
u can't blame the u.s. for the fact that sweden pulled out

cometz9
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Ana and Novak :sad: kick some ass at the AO then :devil:
Let's Go Netherlands :rocker2:

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:27 PM
:bigcry: They should advance :(

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Get over it. So SCG didn't make the final and the USA did? USA made the final DESERVINGLY. Lisa and Taylor are a fantastic Mixed doubles team and even though they won by default they would've probably won anyway. The Swedish team weren't strong in the Mixed.
To blame USA is just immature and completely unfair. It was the "cowards way to win"?!?! What a stupid thing to say. They won deservingly. They won both their other ties against Russia and Serbia/Montengro, so why should either of them deserve to reach the final instead of the USA? The USA were all round more consistant.

A Stupid bitter post.

How bout you show some respect towards the Swedes - they might have just beaten the US - the US got too tight and extremly nervous becuase they knew what hangs in balance - so I think the Swedes might have just come on top in that match - especially after Dent lost his singles he's weapon the serve would probably go of the boil in the mixed and it was great to see that Arvidsson got into her own - the Swedes just might have pulled off an upset.
So no the US didnt deserve the final so hopefully Misa and Peter kick their butts tomorrow.
It was all up to Ana and unfortunately she lost it - But I'm 110% sure that SCG will be back to win HC 19 next year.
Go NED tomorrow.

Ellery
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Lisa and Taylor :woohoo: Fantastic! I love this team :kiss:

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:57 PM

I wonder what your opinion would be if India was in SCG's situation.

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
:bigcry: They should advance :(

tell me about it :sad: Hope they do the same to some other team next year. No, they aren't like that they are true sportsman. They kept playing mixed even they knew Sweden withdrew! We are proud on you Anci and Nole! Now rock them all at AO!!!!!!

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
u can't blame the u.s. for the fact that sweden pulled out

you must be having a field day. lol

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah a BIG - MASSIVE thanks to Sofia Arvidsson and Thomas Johansson for giving Serbia a chance at the final.
It was in our hands and Ana let it slip. But yeah a miracle did happen Soph and Tom did win their matches - its just that Ana woke up one the wrong side of the bed this morning - and Kuzzys forehand was really good.

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:06 PM

Yeah, she blew everyone off court - literally. lol

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM

it's no worth speaking to her. She should first get a life and stop terorizing other people. But i guess that happens when you are soooo negative about everything. She just has a bug for SCG.

And do i have to say that SCG was twice f*cked up by the "true" sportswomen/men. First in that famous 2003 FED CUP Dokic "injuryfakeidontwannaplaywhenjankovicisaround" pull out, and now this! Both time SCG would get through. If Jankovic played the match JD played and 3rd player played singles-we would probably get through. But some people are just not motivated to play, but they are to get money. Those people should leave other true players play their game!

vutt
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:34 PM
And do i have to say that SCG was twice f*cked up by the "true" sportswomen/men. First in that famous 2003 FED CUP Dokic "injuryfakeidontwannaplaywhenjankovicisaround" pull out, and now this! Both time SCG would get through. If Jankovic played the match JD played and 3rd player played singles-we would probably get through. But some people are just not motivated to play, but they are to get money. Those people should leave other true players play their game!

LOL! So today's loss is Dokic's fault then... :angel:
...oh whatever keeps you happy :rolleyes:

Harju.
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Didn't USA beat SCG? So why is SCG more deserving than USA? Please enlighten me.

Wiggly
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Well, id they lead 2-0, that's mean they beats USA, so why USA would win the tie? :confused:

Erika_Angel
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM

I wouldn't care firstly because I have no ties to India at all. Where you got that from I have no clue. & Secondly because I actually am looking at this from a non-objective standpoint. USA won get over it.

Not this again :rolleyes: Jelena was injured, it was your stupid idiot Serbian coach who decided to not withdraw her until the last minute because they said that the other players "had no chance of winning anyway" and just in case Dokic miraculously recovered. Has nothing to do with Jelena, she told them she couldn't play WAY before the match in time to get replaced.

Well, id they lead 2-0, that's mean they beats USA, so why USA would win the tie? :confused:

USA didn't win the tie. They ended up 2 wins 1 loss, same as Serbia/Mont. USA had a better win/loss set record.

Rtael
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:27 PM
How bout you show some respect towards the Swedes - they might have just beaten the US - the US got too tight and extremly nervous becuase they knew what hangs in balance - so I think the Swedes might have just come on top in that match - especially after Dent lost his singles he's weapon the serve would probably go of the boil in the mixed and it was great to see that Arvidsson got into her own - the Swedes just might have pulled off an upset.
So no the US didnt deserve the final so hopefully Misa and Peter kick their butts tomorrow.
It was all up to Ana and unfortunately she lost it - But I'm 110% sure that SCG will be back to win HC 19 next year.
Go NED tomorrow.

Mooooooooooooooron.

charmedRic
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Who's in the NED team?

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:03 AM
To some Serbian posters, do favour for me - shut the fuck up! :rolleyes: Get over it and USA got deservedly place in the final because of win/loss set record!

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Who's in the NED team?
Michaella Krajicek and Peter Wessels

ceiling_fan
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:20 AM
it's a shame sweden withdrew.. but the dutch and american pair deserve the final. i reckon

krajicek def raymond
dent def wessels

??? def ???