PDA

View Full Version : Will Daniela Crack the Top 10 Again in '06?

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Who else thinks that it is only a matter of time before Daniela cracks the top 10 again? (She is pressing for 15th) When I look at the players ranked directly above her, I can realistically see her beating a few of these players- Schiavone and Dechy have to be easily outclassed by Hantuchova.

beauty_is_pink
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM
it all depends on Daniela, herself.
especially her mentality.

I don't like to predict the future :angel:

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Sorry i dont think there is much chance of that happening

vutt
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:56 AM

agreed!

jonny84
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I think its possible. If she keeps on getting to (and past) the QF stages of her events then there is a likelihood.

Defending points should be easy as there are only going to be a few times when big points drop off (after Doha, LA and Filderstadt/Stuttgart); other than that if she defends the points and does better, then she can.

All depends on others above her doing well/poorly.

Nicjac
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Well, there are many young talents as well as solid top ten players out there right now. Consistency, luck of the draw, and many QF appearances or better will be the key points.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:16 PM
No.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:52 PM
She is only like 170 or something points away from being in top 10. So its very realistic that she can go there

jrm
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:55 PM
She certainly doesn't belong in top10 if we take everyone in account; if she gets there that's another point (Suarez and Sugiyama also cracked into top10)

MisterMan
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM
No way. (I hope i'm wrong though). Top Tenners do NOT struggle tremendously against players ranked in the 100's (Oblizer). She may win them, and a win is still a win, but a Top 10 should straight set these other girls consistently.

cheyk
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Go Daniela! Try it! ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Where is the Hellz Naw Option?
Daniela has just not found a way to get around her high risk game to be top 10 at this time.
She is one of the few young players who is willing to come in at net and knows what to do there.
The issue is still her movement from side to side on the baseline.
She just isn't as quick there as Sharapova, Nicole, Jankovic, golovin, or even Ivanovic.
She needs to play better defensive tennis as well.

blumaroo
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:13 PM
No way.

Sweep
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Computer says no.

She ain't good enough anymore. Doesn't care how many lower tier titles she wins now, she simply isn't good enough to mix it with the big guns.

daniela86
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I agree but I hope we are wrong.

Helen Lawson
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:37 PM
There are some pretty rank specimens in the Top 10 right now, so there is room for anyone!

PaulHopkins
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I think she will break into the top 10 at some point but Im not so sure she will consistently stay there. It will take one hell of an effort to get there though. She will have to play the best tennis of her career - but she is capable of it in my opinion.

isabel_aussie
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I hope so :)

venus_rulez
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:47 PM
yeah she could get there, she has a nice game, but it's hardly elite in my opinion, and these days making the top 10 is a bit overrated Sure it's the top 10, but really anyone can make it just by being consistent and play a trillion tournaments. That mostly has to do with injuries in my opinion. Off topic Henin Hardenne and Both Williams' sisters have been top ten at times with barely 7 or 8 tournaments on their total. There is no way Paola, Sugiyama, Petrova, Schynder, and for the purpose of this thread, Daniela could do that. They got their top 10 rankings mostly on the number of tournaments they played. If she played a bit more consistently, with the number of tournaments she enters every year, she could do it, but it won't mean she's one of the 10 best players in the world.

timray
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:52 PM
She certainly doesn't belong in top10 if we take everyone in account; if she gets there that's another point (Suarez and Sugiyama also cracked into top10)

Exactly!

Here is a list of players that are better than Hantuchova:

1. Lindsay Davenport
2. Kim Clijsters
3. Amelie Mauresmo
4. Maria Sharapova
5. Nadia Petrova
6. Justine Henin-Hardenne
7. Elena Dementieva
8. Venus Williams
9. Anastasia Myskina
10. Svetlana Kuznetsova
11. Serena Williams
12. Nicole Vaidisova
13. Dinara Safina
14. Ana Ivanovic
15. Martina Hingis

Sweep
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Exactly!

Here is a list of players that are better than Hantuchova:

1. Lindsay Davenport
2. Kim Clijsters
3. Amelie Mauresmo
4. Maria Sharapova
5. Nadia Petrova
6. Justine Henin-Hardenne
7. Elena Dementieva
8. Venus Williams
9. Anastasia Myskina
10. Svetlana Kuznetsova
11. Serena Williams
12. Nicole Vaidisova
13. Dinara Safina
14. Ana Ivanovic
15. Martina Hingis

I think there are even more than that. She's more at home where she was about six or so months ago - late 20s or so. There are others with more potential to fufill and have better chances of doing so than Daniela - she is too inconsistent.

wipeout
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Daniela needs some decent results on clay. Last year was not good excluding the French Open so if she is as least as good up to the clay season and then got some points there then why not the top 10?

Pinky
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Like some other around here, i hope she will but i think she won't! :/

Dawn Marie
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Yes. She has few to defend and has increasing self confidence on the court. She'll get inside the top ten this year. Not to mention she has a solid top ten game.

cartmancop
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I'm kind of 50/50 on this.... I know she has the talent, she's done it before, but the top 10 is very crowded & I don't know if she'll break through this year.

switz
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
honestly i'm pretty concerned about her chances of getting back to where she once was.

She has no consistency - she can beat Patty one week and then lose 2 & 1 to her a couple of weeks later.

Sure she's in the semis this week but i wouldn't exactly call her form impressive - especially yesterday - that was horrible.

DragonFlame
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:09 PM
no she won't :angel:

korben
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
No :mad:

VeeDaQueen
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
NO. we shouldn't even discuss it.

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
No way!

charmedRic
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Yes.

Gowza
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:11 AM
she's still inconsistent and i don't think she's got back to her level when she won IW and was making slam QFs, at that level i think she is at home in the top 15 and mixing it a bit with the top 10 players, with her current level there are a lot of players better than her imo.

marmite1
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:13 AM
No

Marshmallow
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I can't even see her winning a title in 2006.

Derek.
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:27 AM
No way!

Do you hate her or something? :confused: You put a lot of negative stuff towards her.

Derek.
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I think there are even more than that. She's more at home where she was about six or so months ago - late 20s or so. There are others with more potential to fufill and have better chances of doing so than Daniela - she is too inconsistent.

She used to be your second favorite and now you like hate her. :rolleyes:

Wiggly
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
When she's on, she can beat a lot of young player overrated :rolleyes:

She's talented and has variety, thing not too much young overrated players has (like knowing how to do a volley :tape: )

Andrew..
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
No. She's still wildly inconsistent.

shnit.
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
She's still wildly inconsistent.
I so agree. :sad: Hope she proves me wrong.

reckless_kelly
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM

yeah. wonder what happened. :confused:

anyway, nothing is impossible to Daniela, she has the talent, it all depends on her.

esquímaux
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Maybe :p:angel:

Derek.
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Daniela is still a lot more talented then a lot of the players ranked ahead of her. She's still never played up to her potential and if she does, she's easily top 10 material maybe even top five since she was once there. A lot of people say she can't get back in the top 10 so if she does it's gonna be nice to rub it in all of your faces. All she needs is consistancy and she'll be right back up there.

Wiggly
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Daniela is still a lot more talented then a lot of the players ranked ahead of her. She's still never played up to her potential and if she does, she's easily top 10 material maybe even top five since she was once there. A lot of people say she can't get back in the top 10 so if she does it's gonna be nice to rub it in all of your faces. All she needs is consistancy and she'll be right back up there.

Can't agree more :worship:

SzavayFi
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Well, we all know she can, as a matter o fact we know she can make the top 5, because she has done it before. But its totally up to her, how hard she wants to work and focus off the court. Looks like she really is putting in an effort with the new physical trainer and phycologist. I am just not gonna make any predictions but I would be absolutely ecstatic if she did :)

So Disrespectful
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Well, I say she will. So much talent and so little to defend. She has been gradually improving since that terrible '03/early '04 form. She will just continue to improve until she breaks back into the top 10, then we'll see what the haters have to say!

Dirty Sanchez
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I hope so, I really do, but time will tell. It's just a question of consistency as so many people have already said.

Pheobo
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM
It'd be nice but she would have to either add more power to her game or get faster.

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I can't see it happening. I think that Daniela has talent but is a top 20 rather than a top 10 player.

Sweep
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM

Things change.

First off, I did a bit of background research I wish I had done before I joined.
Secondly, I realised that a small minority of their fans were really anti-Sharapova. So I got out in order to stop confrontation. I actually have some fuckwit from the CP bad repping me saying "keep your fucking mouth shut, traitor." :lol: Says it all really.

dav abu
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
What background research changed your mind about Daniela?

-cata-
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I don't understand why people in the cp worry so much about the bunch that shows up when Daniela does good and in the snap of a finger dissapear when she is down... :rolleyes:

Sweep
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
What background research changed your mind about Daniela?

It was the general atmosphere. I looked back at old threads and it just seemed as though it could explode at any time.

And I just felt it right, that although I liked most there, there were a few I was bound to get majorly pissed at. So I decided, no trouble, I'll go. :)

SzavayFi
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM
It'd be nice but she would have to either add more power to her game or get faster.
If Dani adding more power?.......:help: I dont think that would work :p The footwork really does need to improve though :yeah:

auntie janie
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:14 PM
No.

Well, I can imagine circumstances falling her way so she COULD re-enter the top 10. Briefly. What I cannot imagine is her staying there for any significant period of time.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:17 PM
No. :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Considering that Myskina , Serena and Kuznetsova are out of the TOP 10 , I don't think so

shnit.
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I don't understand why people in the cp worry so much about the bunch that shows up when Daniela does good and in the snap of a finger dissapear when she is down... :rolleyes:
Yea. It can only mean one thing... :tape: :rolleyes:

Derek.
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM

She already has enough power. I don't get why people act like she doesn't hit hard. It's the footwork, the footspeed, and the consistancy that's lacking.