Sevenseas
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Congratulations, Venus! :D

vettipooh
Wtg Vee!!! :yeah: :bounce:

K-Dog
ugly stats. vee will have to improve against lindz.

Munchen
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Venus :yeah:

Any pics?? :kiss:

pigam
:) :banana:

new-york
Yeah!!!!!!!!!

(even if the stats are not flattering at all. :o )

VRee_Willario
ugly stats. vee will have to improve against lindz.
And a lot! But good that she won
And Lindsay has revenge on mind

Greenout
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:12 PM
LOL...Sania made 37 UEs:eek:

She tried 1st hit return winners off the Venus serve. Sania- you are no Justine. ;)

I have no idea why Sania did that? Baffles me- I can't imagine Roche telling her to do that.

Bounty Hunter
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:16 PM

:eek: Better luck next time Sania!!

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:18 PM
GOOD FIGHT VENUS makes stats great tomra lol

jamatthews
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:19 PM

She's almost cut them in half... :lol: :p

solid3k
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Sania was leading 3-0 in the 1st set... :worship:

She also came back in the 2nd set from 0-3 to 3-3 :devil: and then lost it 3-6... :sad: !!!

Sania 37 UE'S, work on that ... :fiery: !!!

Greenout
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks Big V for sparing the STAR SPORTS viewers based in Asia, the Vijay Singh, and Co "Second Coming of Christ as an Indian Steffi Graf" hype on Sania during the Australian Open 2006 live tv telecast.

davidmario
you are wrong she wasn't leading 3-0.

iine:
good job venus ;)

Paneru
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Good job Venus!

Just shakin' off
the rust. :)

solid3k
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks Big V for sparing the STAR SPORTS viewers based in Asia, the Vijay Singh, and Co "Second Coming of Christ as an Indian Steffi Graf" hype on Sania during the Australian Open 2006 live tv telecast.

Teri jaat kaa... :devil:

santhuruu
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Does anyone have pics of this match?

wateva
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:27 PM
37 unforced errors? :eek: i don't know what she learnt from tony roche. i thought the first thing that she needed to be taught is to play smart tennis. i don't care if she's 18 or 80. playing that aggressive throughout the whole match is just plain dumb.

solid3k
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:28 PM
stats for Venus
aces 2
double faults 6
winners 9
unf. errors 28

stats for Sania
aces 1
double faults 5
winners 15
unf. errors 37

Those ue's are the matters...

Greenout
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:30 PM

:haha:

I'm so Sorry, sorry. Oh- come on. *Vijay Amitraj is so over the top. I liked Sania on her BBC interview, but STAR SPORT gushing is just over board.

*I can't believe he's got a ROLEX watch sponsorship now!

solid3k
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:35 PM

I'm so Sorry, sorry. Oh- come on. Vijay Singh is so over the top. I liked Sania on her BBC interview, but STAR SPORT gushing is just over board. :cool:

MisterMan
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:44 PM

That's HALF the amount Hantuchova made yesterday and she WON !!

Timofy
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:54 PM
that means there ll be no williamses' match

WonderfulLee
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:54 PM

I'm so Sorry, sorry. Oh- come on. *Vijay Amitraj is so over the top. I liked Sania on her BBC interview, but STAR SPORT gushing is just over board.

*I can't believe he's got a ROLEX watch sponsorship now!

i don't like Vijay Amritaj! :tape:

spokenword73
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:56 PM
nice job Vee.

hwanmig
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:11 PM
At least she won two more games than Nicole.

SelesFan70
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:20 PM
This is not a surprising result. Sania is all forehand, which she hits very well, but when it's off it's a bad match. Sort of like Groenefeld losing to Dulko 6-1, 6-0 at Hopman Cup. :tape:

SJW
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Sania isn't that good :)
Venus :cool:

hingis-seles
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Yaar, Vijay ki commentary ne naak mein dum kar rakha hai. Jab bhi Sania ka match Star sports par dekhatay hain, mein mute par dekhta houn. :p Aur baki post, angraizi mein...;)

No surprise. I feel Sania's been a bit hyped by the press. Don't get me wrong. She's got great potential and I think she can be a very good player some day, but right now there are far too many areas to work on. How about starting off with strategy (no, not bashing the ball! :p )

Too many unforced errors. Ugly match.

Go Venus! Win against Lindsay. :rocker2:

hingis-seles
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Sania isn't that good :)
Venus :cool:

Okay, I swear. This time, when I started writing my reply, you hadn't posted yet. :p :lol:

I've run out of the number of times, you and I have posted similar thoughts in the same thread. :haha:

drive-volley
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:51 PM
:bounce: Way to go, Big V!!! Good she didn't waste too much power, she gotta use it against Lindsay. Nice fight from Sania :) .

SJW
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Okay, I swear. This time, when I started writing my reply, you hadn't posted yet. :p :lol:

I've run out of the number of times, you and I have posted similar thoughts in the same thread. :haha:

mmmmmmmhmmmmmm i know you like to copy me :cool::kiss::hearts::p

solid3k
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Yaar, Vijay ki commentary ne naak mein dum kar rakha hai. Jab bhi Sania ka match Star sports par dekhatay hain, mein mute par dekhta houn. :p Aur baki post, angraizi mein...;)

No surprise. I feel Sania's been a bit hyped by the press. Don't get me wrong. She's got great potential and I think she can be a very good player some day, but right now there are far too many areas to work on. How about starting off with strategy (no, not bashing the ball! :p )

Too many unforced errors. Ugly match.

Go Venus! Win against Lindsay. :rocker2:Tu toh mute pe hi rakenga naa :rolleyes: ... Aur waise bhi yeh ek close match thaa un dono ke beech mein :angel: ... Venus ne bilkul bhi aasaani se yeh match nahi jeeta :wavey: ...Jahan se main dekh raha hoon She will get better and better with time :bounce: ...!!!

lizchris
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I hope it isn't serious, but if she thinks it may keep her out of the AO, she shouldn't play another match. Agassi withdrew this morning from the AO and as of today, Nadal and Sharapova are questionable, so her not being there could be a big blow to the tournament.

Maryamator
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:14 PM
great vee:)

Bероника
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Great result for Venus :D I hope the injury is nothing serious.

tennisrox
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:50 PM
There's not even going to be an AO at this rate! :(
The number of injuries are getting ridiculous!

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Venus :worship:

Kenny
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
What was the score? There's a different score on yahoo isn't there??

Kenny
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:44 PM
NVM, that scoreline that is under her picture is Hewitt's score..

Nickk
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Yay, Vee :)

But that injury thing... :tape: :sad:

Kunal
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM

okay.....the vijay singh???? do u mean vijay amritraj...

And if you dont like the hype then dont watch it instead of bitching all the time..

Kunal
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:54 PM
and good job venus!!

I hope you kick all sorts of asses this year....I really want to see you and kim do well!

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM
WTG Vee. I hope the injury isn't serious. Is this injury the reason Sania had more winners than Vee, which is hard to believe.

V-MAC
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
:) wtg Vee :worship: I just hope this injury isn't going to intefere with her tennis schedule. Says a lot about her though that with barely having the ability to move fast out there on the court, she still wallops Sania in straight sets :eek:

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Did this come on CCTV5?? Kim is on now so does that mean I missed Venus??

harloo
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Oh no, please don't say Venus is semi injured. First Serena, and now this?:sad:

Martian
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Winners vs UFEs

Venus 9:28

Sania 15:37

If she cuts down on the attack, her winners would go down as well. I think she needs to pick and choose. May be she will next time.

Well played Sania! Remember, Venus is a top class player. This loss is nothing to feel sorry for.

Haute
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Apparently Venus took the injury time-out at 2-3 in the first set, so maybe it's a good sign that she was able to play the rest of the match after that? Hopefully it's just her being a little rusty from not playing in 4 months.

Geisha
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Go Venus - I hope you pull out if this injury is bad...don't play injured, girl!

:) :D :)

tennisrox
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Winners vs UFEs

Venus 9:28

Sania 15:37

If she cuts down on the attack, her winners would go down as well. I think she needs to pick and choose. May be she will next time.

She needs DISCIPLINE!!!She is sorely lacking in it.37 UE's is just shocking!Not excusable,especially not against a player like Venus.She will also give free points on her second serve,until she can sort out the problem.
Going for her shots is all very well,but sania is just plain reckless at times.She needs to learn controlled agression.She plays as if she thinks the percentages don't apply to her.She can't just toy with top players the way she does with lesser players.Maybe she can get away with shocking indiscipline,and error counts against lesser players,but not against the top guns.I hope she gets to play a lot more matches against players like venus,and loses some more,because she's so stubborn she'll never learn t be patient otherwise.Still,she has played this way for so long,she can't just mellow overnight.It'll take time.She's like a totally wild version of mary pierce. :rolleyes:

Pheobo
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Cut down on those UE's Sania :(

You can't go for EVERYTHING

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I'm watching now and Venus didn't need half her best to beat Sania. Venus was taking it easy out there.

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
BTW Venus' second serve looks great here.

Denise4925
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:54 PM
BTW Venus' second serve looks great here.
How are you watching it, Knizzle?

Knizzle
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
How are you watching it, Knizzle?

CCTV5 using the PPLive program.

hingis-seles
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:43 PM
mmmmmmmhmmmmmm i know you like to copy me :cool::kiss::hearts::p

But, I love the ass in your avatar! :drool:

Wsisters45
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Venus :worship: I hope her injury will be fine in time for her match with Lindsay. I want them to both give 100% and we'll see another great match between these two :yeah: I'm sure she'll be fine :)

hingis-seles
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Tu toh mute pe hi rakenga naa :rolleyes: ... Aur waise bhi yeh ek close match thaa un dono ke beech mein :angel: ... Venus ne bilkul bhi aasaani se yeh match nahi jeeta :wavey: ...Jahan se main dekh raha hoon She will get better and better with time :bounce: ...!!!

Hahaha! :lol: Mute par Vijay ki bakwas ki waja se rakta houn. :rolleyes:

Yeh match kafi close thaa dono ke beech, laikin Sania ke paas talent hai keh woh yeh matches jeet sakti hai. Laikin abhi tak, mein ne us ki game mein koi strategy nahin dekhi. Woh ball ko zor se marti hai laikin kuch rallying hee nahin karti (like Sprem). Uss ki serve aur movement mein improvement ki zaroorat hai. Kher, yeh tau uss ka sirf dusra saal hai, tau waqt hai! I'm hoping she improves as time passes...it would be wonderful to finally have a champion from the subcontinent! ;) :bounce:

cometz9
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Venus :D hope the injury isn't serious, i want her at the AO

hingis-seles
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm getting CCTV1 on tv. Ugh. :(

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I hope Venus isn't injured too bad, sounds like Sania really beat herself out there, 37 UEs?? You can't have more UEs in a match against a Williams and expect to beat them, especially against Venus who will switch up her game and just keep the ball in play against an opponent like Mirza who is missing.

Simplicity
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Great result for Venus :D I hope the injury is nothing serious.
Like omg! Your avatar Rocks!! My mom went to the same school as Merlene Ottey!! I loved her soooo much!! I used to be heavily engaged into track and field untile she retired :sad: But now I have Venus and Serena :kiss: :)

nouf
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/5676/sania2je.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/5980/sania24ex.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:eek: :eek:

nouf
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM
http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/719/saniavenus7fg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/9437/venus5lb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/3849/venushk1rp.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM
:scared: if she doesnt get to play the Oz Open i will :shout: :hysteric: :crying2: :sobbing: :tears: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :banghead: :drink: :help:

Marshmallow
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:19 PM
OMG @ sania's bust! Anyway, a good result. Sania IS a dangerous player - but still those UFEs. Just erratic - a little like Gael M. [A little].

Dawn Marie
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:33 PM
34 ue's aint nothing for her high risk game. She's young and V@S did the same thing coming out of the gates. Her problem is the movement and getting her serve in. She has a pretty good serve but needs to not go for so much. This will come in time.

Venus still makes 34 ue's but she does have a better offensive and especially defensive game than Sania. Having great defense can hurt a player like Sania. I know Venus forced many of those errors.