PDA

View Full Version : Avid and talented non-pro tennis players that dont watch pro-tennis

"Sluggy"
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Suck or not suck?

"Sluggy"
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM
They suck. I know a coach here in FrogLand who knows many in the tennis world and he goes only a couple days to RG if that. No open gaz, no Bercy... Whats up with that? Just met another person, ranked 15/0 which is a fantastic ranking and he never goes to watch tennis. IN fact when i was a member of the tennis club, I never met a frenchie who watches tennis live, and only the teans and kids actually went to RG. Pretty wierd, eh?

"Sluggy"
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:57 AM
who said that?

Darop.
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Took me a while to understand the question, but yeah they suck, and there's lots of them too ;)

"Sluggy"
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Sorry Dadyo, I simply meant that most french tennis players (nonpros) dont even bother going to RG, let alone Open Gaz or Bercy. They just dont have an interest and dont even know who the current players are. I know people that played on college teams, men and women that compete nationally, they dont even know players like Silvia, Dinara, Tati, A. Ivan... etc.

Darop.
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry Dadyo, I simply meant that most french tennis players (nonpros) dont even bother going to RG, let alone Open Gaz or Bercy. They just dont have an interest and dont even know who the current players are. I know people that played on college teams, men and women that compete nationally, they dont even know players like Silvia, Dinara, Tati, A. Ivan... etc.

Yeah so true...
Last year I was watching tennis at my club, and people were like "oh my god, who is this Ivanovic girl? She came out of nowhere and beat Mauresmo!"

I didn't even bother saying anything :p

"Sluggy"
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:30 PM
yep!