PDA

View Full Version : Kuznetsova def Ivanovic 6-1 6-4 (Ana-just terrible)

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
how many GP do you need in each game Ana, how many BP- i guess 20 and then you can win a game! Terrible performance

at 5-3 saved 3 MP, and took her 6 GP to win the game :rolleyes:

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:08 AM
:)

LeRoy.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:10 AM
wow Vera and Sveta must have done some serious soul-searching to come up w/ such impressive performances at the start of this season after their nightmarish 2005 :eek:

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Go SVETA :woohoo: I hope you can climb back into the top 10.

Lemonskin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:12 AM
CMON Sveta :rocker2:

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I guess Sveta must be serving thunders out there

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:22 AM
im pretty dissapointed in Ana early on

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:25 AM
pretty much over! 50 min on court Sveta with a break 4-2 2nd set!

Ana -miserable

Dasha_
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:36 AM
what the hell is going on over there....?

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Keep it up Sveta

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
61 53
Ana serving to stay in match

silverwhite
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Sveta :hearts:

Can't wait to catch the match. :D

Lemonskin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:41 AM
what the hell is going on over there....?
Ana's getting her arse kicked by Sveta :)

Dasha_
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Ana's getting her arse kicked by Sveta :)

No, that would be 6-0 6-0... You know, just like at INDIAN WELLS... :tape:

Lemonskin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:45 AM
No, that would be 6-0 6-0... You know, just like at INDIAN WELLS... :tape:
Yes, I know :)

LefandePatty
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM
:sad:

switz
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Ana was ordinary but it was much more like the Sveta of old. Come to think of it she was pretty damn good all year until after Wimbledon.

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:51 AM
well done Sveta :hug:
me thinks Schukin stands a decent chance against Djokovic :rocker2:

©@®eLess
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:52 AM
And what's worse Sofia leads Raymond! If SWE beats USA and SCG loses to Russia. I'll shoot myself! What a chance wasted for SCG

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:53 AM
very bad from ana but great from sveta

Dasha_
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:54 AM
And what's worse Sofia leads Raymond! If SWE beats USA and SCG loses to Russia. I'll shoot myself! What a chance wasted for SCG

Nemoj tako. Jos nije gotovo. A Nole? Mozda je sad red na njega da dobije mec...

Lemonskin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Svetaaaaa :)

Andy.
Well done Sveta great to see you back in form and confident

©@®eLess
Nemoj tako. Jos nije gotovo. A Nole? Mozda je sad red na njega da dobije mec...

:sad: :sad: A dubl? :sad: :sad:

vutt
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Sveta :)

Dasha_
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:59 AM
:sad: :sad: A dubl? :sad: :sad:

ja iskreno mislim da ana i nole imaju vece sanse u dublu... :bounce:

Sevenseas
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Oh no!!! :sad: What happened out there, Ana??? :sad: :sad:

CooCooCachoo
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Sveta :yeah:

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Ana was terrible - a LOT - a LOT of work needs to be done on her in order for her to rise higher.
Her movement is so terribke - its just pathetic - she hits an amazing forhand then once her opponent gets it over the net - she's like "wtf you weren't supposed to get that back - I'm Ana Ivanovic the women with the best forehand in the game".
Like her couch siad there's a LOT of thing that need improvement - especially her movement - she's just not moving well - she could have gotten so many balls back but chose not to run to them.
Also here second serve is pathetic - gets to nervous and just DF's.

I have a feeling that Ana wants to make her backhand just as strong as her forehand - but I'm not sure if that will ever happen coz she's just too tall and finds it hard to get down to get the low backhands so she just returns the ball like a junior player it just lands lightly onto the center of the court - an easy put away for power hitters like Svet or the Williams Sisters.

So defenitly improvements on BACKHAND and MOBILITY.
Ana has a great attitude - was ready to fight and push it into a 3rd set - so thats not a problem but her play against sveta today was just plain crap.
But Kuzzy did play great too - at least on the low balls that Ana returned with her weak backhand - Kuzzy was able to easily putt them away as winners.

I dont think Ana will do that well in Sydney - coz if she runs into players like Clajsters, Dementieva, Vaidisova she really is going to have a tough time coz she cannot think that she can rule the world with her forehand - it just wont cut it.

btw, I liked when the commentator said "She could play here to secure $20,000 or hit the nearest catwalk and make a million". Lol

In a way I'm glad Sveta kicked her ass - coz now Ana needs to know that ther's a lot of work to do. :)

korben
Sveta :D

Look for huge rebound year for her, Vera Z and Nastya M. :)

Langers
I also posted this in the Hopman Cup thread, but I'll put it here too.

Right from the opening game you could see that Ana just wasn’t ‘on’ tonight. She struggled to get a first serve in, and Kuznetsova just simply punished every second serve, regardless of the speed or placement. She just loaded up and smashed returns down the line and cross court. Ana’s first serve percentage was somewhere around 40-50%, nowhere near good enough.

Kuznetsova served pretty well, but Ana simply made far too many errors when returning. I can’t remember the last time when Ana made so many unforced errors, even her extremely powerful forehand wasn’t working, it seemed like every shot was going into the net. Even the net didn’t go her way, a few balls dropped down on her side.

In saying that, Kuznetsova played extremely well. She hit so many clean winners, her forehand was firing tonight. The main concern tonight was Ana’s mobility around the court, Svetlana really exposed her movement. Ana just wasn’t able to track down her shots, and even if she did, the point was as good as gone, getting the ball back in mid court. Really disappointing game tonight, it was such a one sided display. She wasn’t able to get any momentum, wasn’t allowed to play her natural game. And one last thing, I don’t know why Ana bothers to come into net, she hasn’t got great skills at the net, and she hasn’t exactly got the best movement at this stage. Stick to the baseline, even if you’re struggling! Ah well, maybe she’ll improve for the doubles.

tennisrox
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I like Ana,but...

Gooo Sveta!!Prove all those haters wrong!She just doesn't get enough credit for her talent. :yeah:

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:10 AM
ja iskreno mislim da ana i nole imaju vece sanse u dublu... :bounce:

Yes, but we're still out even if SWE def USA 2-1

becuase then it will probably be 5 wins to the USA - 5 winns to SCG ( we'll beat Russia 2-1) so then its head to head that counts and USA def SCG so they're through anyway.

tennisjam
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:10 AM
she hits an amazing forhand then once her opponent gets it over the net - she's like "wtf you weren't supposed to get that back - I'm Ana Ivanovic the women with the best forehand in the game".

:lol:

considering the score, she must have played like a crap...

Sevenseas
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I'll tell you what's happening in here: People having a conversation in some crazy-ass language!

It was a rhetorical question. ;)

Langers
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Yes, but we're still out even if SWE def USA 2-1

becuase then it will probably be 5 wins to the USA - 5 winns to SCG ( we'll beat Russia 2-1) so then its head to head that counts and USA def SCG so they're through anyway - Fuck you Ana. lol ( omg whats wrong with me) lol.
You just swore at your hero :cuckoo:

LOL! Nah she'll make up for it in the doubles, just you wait! ;)

watrat
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:12 AM
ajmo SCG. ne mozete mi sada popusiti.

VRee_Willario
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I'm hoping Svetlana will have a better year. And I have a feeling it will be :D

Dasha_
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I'll tell you what's happening in here: People having a conversation in some crazy-ass language!

That is not very nice thing to say, don't you think?

It is very rude to call someone's native language a "crazy-ass language" :fiery:

Langers
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Ana was terrible - a LOT - a LOT of work needs to be done on her in order for her to rise higher.
Her movement is so terribke - its just pathetic - she hits an amazing forhand then once her opponent gets it over the net - she's like "wtf you weren't supposed to get that back - I'm Ana Ivanovic the women with the best forehand in the game".
Like her couch siad there's a LOT of thing that need improvement - especially her movement - she's just not moving well - she could have gotten so many balls back but chose not to run to them.

I have a feeling that Ana wants to make her backhand just as strong as her forehand - but I'm not sure if that will ever happen coz she's just too tall and finds it hard to get down to get the low backhands so she just returns the ball like a junior player it just lands lightly onto the center of the court - an easy put away for power hitters like Svet or the Williams Sisters.

Ana has a great attitude - was ready to fight and push it into a 3rd set - so thats not a problem but her play against sveta today was just plain crap.
But Kuzzy did play great too - at least on the low balls that Ana returned with her weak backhand - Kuzzy was able to easily putt them away as winners.

I dont think Ana will do that well in Sydney - coz if she runs into players like Clajsters, Dementieva, Vaidisova she really is going to have a tough time coz she cannot think that she can rule the world with her forehand - it just wont cut it.

btw, I liked when the commentator said "She could play here to secure $20,000 or hit the nearest catwalk and make a million". Lol

In a way I'm glad Sveta kicked her ass - coz now Ana needs to know that ther's a lot of work to do. :)
Top recap mate, agree with everything you said. Her movement is a big concern, she just doesn't move well enough if she expects to beat the top players, such as Davenport, Williams, Sharapova ect. If an opposition players hits a powerful shot, she's pretty much gone. Doesn't have the mobility to get back into the point. How many times did Kuznetsova put away short balls? Too many times to count. She has all the weapons, but she needs to work on three aspects of her game; Backhand, Mobility and Volleys.

lauryn
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Ana :sad:

ivanovic
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:20 AM
That is not very nice thing to say, don't you think?

It is very rude to call someone's native language a "crazy-ass language" :fiery:

hey he's either an American or a Williams sisters fan ( like your self) they can say anything and everything without being banned or argued with coz they rule the world. "rolls eyes" would use a sarccastic smilie but tehy have al dissapeard from the right side of my screen. lol

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Damn'...
Sweden lead vs USA.

I not startled with this Ana results. I expect her win, but if she lose - she allways lose last season with very bad play and terrible result (when she have bad day - she realy have bad day!).

Dasha_
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:41 AM
hey he's either an American or a Williams sisters fan ( like your self) they can say anything and everything without being banned or argued with coz they rule the world. "rolls eyes" would use a sarccastic smilie but tehy have al dissapeard from the right side of my screen. lol

I wouldn't expect a Williams fan to do so. I think it comes down to a person, and it looks like that levo person is not a nice one...

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Sveta :woohoo:

Munchen
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Sveta played just too good. :)

She was just explosive off the ground and even moved forward a few times, putting the volleys away nd continued to try a make her way forwards as much as possible. :kiss:

She was serving VERY well, compared to yesterdays matches. :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Sveta :banana: :)
she's gonna be back with a vengence this yr.

Kimdsay
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Damn, Ana... :sad: :sad:

gillibean
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Poor Ana - good luck next week in Sydney

Experimentee
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Though I wanted Ana to win this so Serbia makes the final :(
I think they still have a chance, because it comes down to matches and sets won, and not H2H

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Though I wanted Ana to win this so Serbia makes the final :(
I think they still have a chance, because it comes down to matches and sets won, and not H2H

Sorry, but truth is that no more chances for Serbia now - Artur win 2nd set vs Thomas and now SWE must win 3:0 vs USA if Serbia want to go in final. Because Dent/Lisa is best mix at HC and Sweden without motivation - Hopman Cup 2005 is over for Serbia (or Russia), even if Johanson win 3rd set.

Anyway - thanks for support :wavey: SCG team.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:49 PM

thanks for the summary, i didnt watch the match but ana does tend to "ball watch" when she's hit a good shot which she cant afford to do against someone who moves as well as sveta

well done sveta :D :worship:

marmite1
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Nice win Sveta :) keep creaming them.

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Sveta :worship:

My 2 favorites...

Ana, please keep working, girl :kiss:

Sveta good luck in Sydney :wavey:

Corswandt
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:07 PM

:lol:

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Oh Ana... ;)

Fingon
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
who cares? it's just Hofman cup, I will be worried if she does it in a real match.

raquel
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well done Sveta :D

3 encouraging singles wins this week :yeah:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:35 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER12501051153.jpg

Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia prepares to serve during a women's singles match against Ana Ivanovic of Serbia and Montenegro at the mixed teams Hopman Cup tennis tournament in Perth, Australia, Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006. Kuznetsova won the match 6-1, 6-4. (AP Photo)

tennisrox
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
who cares? it's just Hofman cup, I will be worried if she does it in a real match.

who cares its just hopman cup?That report has me a trifle worried.Ana's backhand is a liability at times,and top players will not play to her forehand.She doesn't have the speed to run around the backhand either.Its much too one-dimensional.She has trouble with shoulder height returns,and she doesn't deal too well with low balls.She needs to use a bit more of her slice bh.

If her movement is as poor as these people are saying,then I think she has a lot of work to do.

Kenny
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Good job Kuznetsova!! :)

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:10 PM
No reason for panic! If we look at last 13 Ana career loses, we will see that when she lose she always lose with terrible play, without fight:

DOUCHEVINA, VERA RUS 42 L 6-4 6-3
MAURESMO, AMELIE FRA 2 L 6-1 6-4
HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE BEL 22 L 6-4 7-5
SAFINA, DINARA RUS 36 L 6-1 6-4
SCHNYDER, PATTY SUI 13 L 6-3 6-2
PETROVA, NADIA RUS 9 L 6-2 6-2
PIERCE, MARY FRA 14 L 6-1 6-4
CLIJSTERS, KIM BEL 8 L W/O
VENTO-KABCHI, MARIA VEN 72 L 3-6 7-5 6-1
SCHNYDER, PATTY SUI 10 L 6-1 6-2
SCHNYDER, PATTY SUI 10 L 6-2 6-1
SCHNYDER, PATTY SUI 9 L 7-5 6-2

KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 18 L 6-1 6-4 (today)

(LOSES with fight - exception is in BLUE COLOR)

in last 13 loses she lose 13 time 6:1 or 6:2 !?

In last 13 years no TOP30 player (in WTA or ATP) with stats like this?

I realy dont want minimize success of her rivales in this matches (Sveta particulary), but fact is that Ana any time help them very much - when she play bad, she play very bad.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I'm sure Sveta remembered Miami. She was serving for the match, and just played awful.
This is a new year.

TartarVicario
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Keep improving,Sveta :kiss: :hearts:

dav abu
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Welcome back Sveta:-) Get back to your best.

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Ana what was that? :rolleyes: :o :fiery:

Fingon
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:43 PM
who cares its just hopman cup?That report has me a trifle worried.Ana's backhand is a liability at times,and top players will not play to her forehand.She doesn't have the speed to run around the backhand either.Its much too one-dimensional.She has trouble with shoulder height returns,and she doesn't deal too well with low balls.She needs to use a bit more of her slice bh.

If her movement is as poor as these people are saying,then I think she has a lot of work to do.
I wouldn't say Ana's backhand is a liability, it's not a weapon as her forehand but it's not a liability. If they keep playing to her backhand she will improve it.
You don't need speed to run around the backhand, you need footwork, two very different concepts.
She is not one-dimensional, her forehand is a major weapon and obvioulsy she relies on it, but she can mix up unlike many other over-hyped players.
She doesn't deal well with low balls as most tall players and I haven't seen any special problem with shoulder height returns.
last but not least, Hopman cup is an exhibition, players don't play at their best (it's fair to say that Sveta also didn't play at her best), players try things in an exhibition, play relaxed, and these are only her first three matches of the year.
Ana is a work in progress, she won't be winning the Australian Open, she is not ready, she needs to improve many aspects of her game, particulary her game strategy, this is only her second full year in the tour and it has just started, I find it hillarious how people draw conclusions from an exhibition match played at the beginning of the year.

tennisrox
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't say Ana's backhand is a liability, it's not a weapon as her forehand but it's not a liability. If they keep playing to her backhand she will improve it.
You don't need speed to run around the backhand, you need footwork, two very different concepts.
She is not one-dimensional, her forehand is a major weapon and obvioulsy she relies on it, but she can mix up unlike many other over-hyped players.
She doesn't deal well with low balls as most tall players and I haven't seen any special problem with shoulder height returns.
last but not least, Hopman cup is an exhibition, players don't play at their best (it's fair to say that Sveta also didn't play at her best), players try things in an exhibition, play relaxed, and these are only her first three matches of the year.
Ana is a work in progress, she won't be winning the Australian Open, she is not ready, she needs to improve many aspects of her game, particulary her game strategy, this is only her second full year in the tour and it has just started, I find it hillarious how people draw conclusions from an exhibition match played at the beginning of the year.

I didn't say Ana is one-dimensional.I meant that her topspin backhand is.Its not nearly versatile enough,and she most certainly has less control over shoulder height balls.She often ends up looping the balls back,and making errors.She can mix up her game,but like any other young player with a big weapon,is too reliant on her forehand,but that will get better.The problem I see with her backhand,is that she is not even really using it to set up her forehand.She's got good footwork,but she has to get herself in position quick enough to turn a shot to the backhand, into a forehand when players are moving her from side-to-side.There's no way players are going to hit anywhere near that forehand if they can help it.Davenport can manage with poor movement(much worse!),because she is equally agressive and solid,off both wings,in addition to having good footwork.

It wasn't only this match that has me concerned.The main problem against Patty,was the change of pace.But, time and again Patty was also getting cheap points by playing to Ana's backhand,and running her ragged.She just couldn't handle the spins.Her anticipation needs to improve too.

I don't expect her to win anything major tomorrow.She's young,she's learning,but there are aspects of her game that need a lot of work.A lot of people expect too much from her too soon.I can't believe people were expecting Ana to beat Kuz easily.Give her some time!Anyway,she seems to be working hard,so hopefully we'll see some improvement in time.

Pheobo
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Damnit Ana :(

Irish
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:16 PM

hablo
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Bravo Sveta :bigclap:

cometz9
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Ana :sad: needs to get over the hurdle of beating a top player like Sveta eventhough she's ranked lower than Ana. Good Luck in Sydney.
Congrats to Sveta, some good matches before AO will really help her confidence.

isabel_aussie
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Well done Sveta, must be good for her confidence.

As for Ivanovic, this is a shame but we should keep it in perspective. Okay, it was a bad match. Every player has a bad match, and surely Ana knows what she needs to work on and will. She's only 18... I think it's a problem for alot of the young players now that since Sharapova won Wimbledon soooo much has been expected of them. Cuz of that victory it's not noteworthy to make the 4th round of a slam anymore, everyone thinks of a young player's breakthrough as winning a slam. It's alot for the girls like Ana to live up to, cuz taking nothing away from Sharapova's win (she could only beat the players who were there after all) the tour seems alot more competitive now than it was then.