PDA

View Full Version : Dokic out of Canberra

xin_hui
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:02 AM
http://www.tennisact.com.au/pages/News.aspx?id=26&PageId=730&HandlerId=2&NewsId=1537

Injured Dokic out of Canberra tournament

January 5, Canberra - Jelena Dokic has been forced to withdraw from the 2006 Richard Luton Properties Canberra International due to a recurrence of an injury to her left abductor which was aggravated after her first round match at the ASB Classic in Auckland.

Dokic rang Tournament Director Gerard Corradini today to inform him of her withdrawal when it was clear that she would not be suficiently recovered in time to play the Canberra tournament.

"When we spoke today Jelena was clearly disappointed that she wouldn’t be able to play in Canberra," said Corradini.

"She told me that she had been over the moon when she first heard she had a wildcard to this event which made having to pull out today all the harder for her.

"She’s now planning to get further treatment for the injury and is still optimistic of being fit to play in the Australian Open which starts in 11 days time."

The Richard Luton Properties Canberra International takes place at the National Sports Club, Canberra from 8-13 January 2006. This international event is a joint initiative between Tennis Australia and Tennis ACT, and forms part of the ‘Road to the Australian Open’ which helps the world’s top players prepare for the first Grand Slam of the new season.

Replacing Dokic in the maindraw will be rising Australian talent Sophie Ferguson from Sydney. 19-year-old Ferguson, who is coached by Tony Roche, defeated Nicole Pratt last week in a playoff for a maindraw wildcard for the Mondial Australian Women’s Hardcourts on the Gold Coast.

venus_rulez
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Everytime this woman looks like she has a chance to get her head above water, another wave just comes along. Stay strong Jelena!

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:07 AM
does it mean her comeback was ended? :lol:

Kenny
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:14 AM
It's starts alllll over again...... :-\

Solitaire
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:15 AM
That sucks for Dokic and her bad luck continues.....

Jeff
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:17 AM
It does suck. Well I hope she gets better and gets a good draw at the aus open. I can only hope for future luck for her, as it's about time she starts receiving it.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:17 AM
:sad:

AjdeNate!
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:26 AM
:heavysigh:

Mr_Molik
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:34 AM
LOL at all the ppl who thought she was "back" just because she beat a few crappy aussies in that play off thing

rada
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:39 AM
poor girl hope she gets better soon:)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:16 AM
You've seriously got to be kidding me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK. So, so shitty. :(

Please play the Aus :sad:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:18 AM
thats shit. feel real bad for jelena hope she can play aus open

Zauber
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:52 AM
oh well
looks like the definite (of course the psychological saga will continue for a while) end of Dokic.
The end is not because of an injury in my opinion.
But many players these days use that as an excuse.
Many other things have gone wrong.

vutt
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:02 AM
not good, not good :sad:

Darop.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:10 AM
No! :sad:

Billy Moonshine
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Oh dear, this is really dissapointing for Jelena. I hope mentally she still believes she can come back.

Lemonskin.
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Personally I'd prefer to see Sophie :)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Personally I'd prefer to see Sophie :)
Weirdo :p

Petersmiler
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Damn damn damn!

As for some of the other comments here, well how awful that her fans were getting excited about seeing her back! So sorry!

Hope you still play the Aussie Jelena.

jonny84
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:08 AM
:(

Hope Jelena comes to Melbourne still.

Capriatifan1
Jan 5th, 2006, 11:10 AM
This will be a serious setback for her. She really needed these OZ tournaments to improve her ranking as she won't be receiving wildcards in the rest of the world as easily as she does in Australia. That means she will have to play ITF tournaments again and I don;t think that's good for her motivation.

Harju.
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Here's hoping she stays fit for AO :sad:.

tennisrox
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Absolutely no doubt about it.Dokic is under a curse. :sad:
What a contrast between Dokic,and Hingis' comback.

Philip
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Pah. :(

heres hoping for the open... :sad:

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Take care of your serves and come back strongly in AO :hug: