PDA

View Full Version : Logic: Elena Beat Serena Easily Today but Serena Beat Venus in McDonalds Then ...

pierce0415
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Venus :help:

LeRoy.
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:48 PM
only if that kind of logic worked in real life ....besides they both were exho's :shrug:

faboozadoo15
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM
i thought venus beat serena? perhaps i'm wrong...

VRee_Willario
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I thought Venus won too. And I'm sure they don't tkae exhibitions against one another seriously...
I've seen that they keep many rallies alive to entertain the crowd

slydevil6142
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
i thought venus beat serena? perhaps i'm wrong...

Venus won twice while serena won once..... and those results have nothing to do with elena or where venus is currently. Serena has been playing venus since shes been playing tennis so even if she isnt in the best shape she knows exactly how to beat venus.

Martian KC
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
It only means Elena will win her first grand slam title.;)

DragonFlame
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
i thought venus won in straight sets something like 6-4 6-3 at mcdonalds? :scratch:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I think they played several McDonald's exhibitions towards the latter part of last year. I believe they both had at least one win. I suspect however they were very relaxed friendly non competitive matches, certainly far less serious that the Hong Kong exhibition, to say nothing of a real tournament, and light years away from the type of tennis one would expect to see at a Grand Slam.

new-york
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Logic: Elena Beat Serena Easily Today but Serena Beat Venus in McDonalds Then ...

Venus :help:

:haha:

Jeff
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:09 PM
The only logic is that these are exhibition matches, not to mention the first match of the year. This says nothing about how successful they will be at the Australian Open or rest of 2006.

Maryamator
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM
omg if this is the way ur thinking then if i beat serena and serena beats venus im bettter than both serena and venus:erm::eek:

No Name Face
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:50 PM
It only means Elena will win her first grand slam title.;)

what i've been saying all along ;)

hopefully she won't have to take out serena to do it

Geisha
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:51 PM
So...that means - Sesil Karatancheva is the Number 15 player, considering she beat Venus at the French?

Sanneriet
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I suspect that if Venus play Lindsay, they will both be thinking it is a bit more than an exhibition match.

Wsisters45
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I suspect that if Venus play Lindsay, they will both be thinking it is a bit more than an exhibition match.

I agree Venus took it seriously last year and won some tough matches. I'm sure she'll take it seriously. Based on today,Lindsay is definitely taking it seriously and it showed. Also they'll want to test their game out against each other,because there is a huge possibility that these two will be battling it out for the AO title. :)

Haute
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Well, just remember that Venus always wants to see her sister win, so she let Serena win in Seattle and then won for herself in Cleveland and D.C. ;)

But let's wait to see how Vee does against Sania tomorrow before we make any judgments on how she's playing.

Fingon
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:32 PM
come back when they play real matches and then we will talk.