PDA

View Full Version : So Is Sesil Playing in Australia

pierce0415
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I think I missed the final result of her scandal while I was traveling :devil: :confused: so can somebody please update me. Is this former baby's mama playing in Sydney and the Australian Open or is she going to be banned or is she going to pull out?

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I think I missed the final result of her scandal while I was traveling :devil: :confused: so can somebody please update me. Is this former baby's mama playing in Sydney and the Australian Open or is she going to be banned or is she going to pull out?

I'm also wondering whether will be miss or misses next time she plays at Wimbledon... :p

Andrew..
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
No reason for her not to play. The WTA and ITF has still not said a single word about it.

pierce0415
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
No reason for her not to play. The WTA and ITF has still not said a single word about it.

:eek: but what if she plays and then wins matches? What will the losing player have to say?

Andrew..
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Well, even if the WTA did "say something", the hearing regarding suspension probably wouldn't even take place for a few months, and she'd be able to play anyway between then.

Sanneriet
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM
:eek: but what if she plays and then wins matches? What will the losing player have to say?

They will be pissed, I am sure. They should take their complaints to the ITF for taking so long to resolve these issues. I know Ivan Ljubicic was really angry about playing Puerta and was threatening legal action (I am not sure who he was going to sue). Innocent until proven guilty is fine, but something needs to be changed about having 6-9 months of negotiations etc. Geez, they do the tests, get the athletes explanation, make a decision.

Slumpsova
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
as long as she hasn't proven guilty, Sesil has right to play wherever she wants.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I think Sesil needs to play until if the ITF says stop

pla
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Heheh, I am noticing that people who don't like her are the most interested to have news. :lol:

Don't worry, she'll play until she's banned IF she's banned.

manu32
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
only 8 months since french open!!!!
please wait ....

Chriskip
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:58 PM
When Sesil came on the scene I didnt really care much for her because I thought she is young and needs to keep her mouth shut and let her game do her talking. Then she kinda quietened down a bit and I saw some hope for me liking her. Then she goes and beat my Venus...and I wanted to whip her over the head.......lol, even though I think Venus deserved it for not pressing more for the win. Didnt really love her after that, but thought she has some game and with work could become really good....just as long as she didnt beat Venus again. Was willing to open up and give her a chance. Then I heard these drug and baby rumours and wanted to whip her over the head again (if they are true...), not only for being foolish enough to take them or not use protection if she feels she has to rush and have sex before that age of 16,...but moreso because because she has left me feeling like I shouldnt have started to give her a chance to begin with....selfish reason, but thats how I felt. Then last weekend I saw her story on the Tennis Channel and I am back to almost liking her again. The piece on her just showed what a little kid she is and she seemed so sweet but with that really competitive side to her. One minute I am watching it I am thinking "there is no way she was pregnant, she is such a baby", then I start thinking "but then she acknowledges that she just loves a dare/bet. I wonder if she and that bosom buddy of hers made a bet relating to either sex or doing whatever it takes to win, and Sesil being the sucker for a bet, went a little too far"
Whatever the circumstances behind this drug thing I hope this doesnt break her. I am not too optimistic right now because I think whenever there are rumours like this, something untoward really went on ....even if not the exact thing the athlete is accused of.....(I also think Lance did some cheating too). I wouldnt like her to play until this thing is cleared up because I dont think its fair to the other players. But this is where I think the authorities are at fault. They do so many tests a year but take so long to sort them out. Then now with the mandatory play in Slams etc, how can they not let the accused play if you get a zero (0) for not playing in the Slams for which you qualify, and it goes towards your ranking. We need to hear something about this matter and soon.

mimosa
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I hope everything with Sesil will be OK and she will play this year and will show her best.
Good luck Sesil!

Drake1980
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I hope she is cleared and plays great tennis this year

Philip
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:54 PM
i hope she is cleared of these allogations too... shes so young.

RenaSlam.
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Allez Steroid Sesil!

Take the AO Title!!!! :rolleyes:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:54 PM
only 8 months since french open!!!!
please wait ....

Are u joking ? :eek:

"Only 8 months" ... it's a shame that a player can play more than 8 months after a positive test !

2 months should be enough to take a decision ... 8 months (or more ...) is really too long because :
1- if the player is guilty, all players who have lost against him (or her) will be upset by the news, knowing that they played a cheater !
2- if the player is innocent, how can he play his best knowing that he risks a x-months suspension ! That's the worst condition to play tennis, you can't stay focus on your tennis, you can't think to train hard to win, you are forced to think to the rumor ...

So, I really hope Sesil will be judged before Aussie Open ! It would be good for her and for all the tour !
If not, all her wins in Melbourne will be contested by the medias and her opponents !

Wait, and See :confused:

vogus
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:47 AM
she can play but it will be bad publicity for the WTA to have her in the draws, and if the ITF confirms the steroid finding, she'll have to give back the prize money and points.

*JR*
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:24 AM
she can play but it will be bad publicity for the WTA to have her in the draws, and if the ITF confirms the steroid finding, she'll have to give back the prize money and points.
If they let Patty Play, they shouldn't ban anybody! :devil: