PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters says she needs to play herself into shape

spiceboy
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:47 PM
http://www.kimclijsters.com/

I left for Hong Kong this morning and to be honest: leaving Brian, the family and the dogs after the festive season is not that easy.

My cousin Tim is joining me again, as is Caroline Maes as my sparring partner. I still have to train hard to be back in shape. In the end, I only trained two hours for four days. All the parties en awards, the press around it and so on did interfere a lot. On the other hand, I really needed the break after such a long and tiring year. I wasn't allowed to do much for more than a week because of my wisdom teeth being removed anyway.
Concerning the start of the season, I couldn't have made a better choice than the exhibition tournament in Hong Kong. I know that compared to others, I still need a lot of practice and I therefore hope that I can prepare myself in Sydney for the Australian Open as good as possible. In the end, this is the way I prepared for the US Open as well and I didn't think it was a disadvantage. I'll miss the support of dad though: he is an important coach to me, also mentally as he can boost my confidence so much. But he won't be able to free as much time as he used to.

Pamela Shriver
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:30 AM
What shape would she like to be? Circle? Square?

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:36 AM
come on clijsters you can win hong kong then sydney and aus open

fifiricci
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Physically Kim looks in great shape already. Its her mental shape/readiness that might be the problem initially. I detect a certain amount of "can't be arsedness" about her at the moment ;)