PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Seeds (New Ranking Drops Juju from #3 to #5, Possible QF vs Kim or Momo)

pierce0415
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Henin would have been #3 seed using old rank. Ivanovic would have been seeded and Sveta would have been unseeded.

1 Clijsters
2 Mauresmo
3 Schnyder
4 Petrova
5 Henin
Dechy (INJURED)
6 Kuznetsova
7 Schiavone
8 Vaidisova
----------------
Hantuchova
Likhovtseva
Safina
Ivanovic
Groenefeld

DragonFlame
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:50 PM
damnnnn, let's just hope justine won't face clijsters or pierce early.
if she faces patty, petrova and even momo i'm not that worried. :angel:
and an early meeting with hingis doesn't sound nice either...:unsure:

pierce0415
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
damnnnn, let's just hope justine won't face clijsters or pierce early.
if she faces patty, petrova and even momo i'm not that worried. :angel:
and an early meeting with hingis doesn't sound nice either...:unsure:

I don't think Mary is playing Sydney unless you know differently :confused:
bu yes I agree with you. A healthy Justine will school Amelie, Patty and Nadia

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Dont Forget, Daniela has already made the quarterfinals of Auckland and will move up like 2 ranking places, She will go higher if she goes further into the tournament so its likely that she will be seeded

DragonFlame
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I don't think Mary is playing Sydney unless you know differently :confused:
bu yes I agree with you. A healthy Justine will school Amelie, Patty and Nadia

owh damn, i read it wrong. sorry, no pierce no :wavey:
yeah a healthy justine should be able to overcome amelie patty and nadia :)
so no clijsters or hingis untill the semi and final and she will be fine hopefully :)

No Name Face
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:59 PM
:tape:

allez clijsters and momo!

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Dont Forget, Daniela has already made the quarterfinals of Auckland and will move up like 2 ranking places, She will go higher if she goes further into the tournament so its likely that she will be seeded

I think ranking is based on this week ranking, not next one

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
when are the quality points coming off the rankings, i thought it would be done by now

Fingon
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Henin would have been #3 seed using old rank. Ivanovic would have been seeded and Sveta would have been unseeded.

1 Clijsters
2 Mauresmo
3 Schnyder
4 Petrova
5 Henin
Dechy (INJURED)
6 Kuznetsova
7 Schiavone
8 Vaidisova
----------------
Hantuchova
Likhovtseva
Safina
Ivanovic
Groenefeld

where are you getting this info from? have seeds been announced? or are you calculating the numbers?

because for what I've heard/read the wta will use the old rankings at least until after the Australian Open (I haven't read anything official about them taking the points off the existing results either, and that can prove to be a challenge).

DragonFlame
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM
where are you getting this info from? have seeds been announced? or are you calculating the numbers?

because for what I've heard/read the wta will use the old rankings at least until after the Australian Open (I haven't read anything official about them taking the points off the existing results either, and that can prove to be a challenge).

now that you mentioned it i also thought they would use the normal points for the seedings untill after the open? hmmm maybe thats why i found the thread a bit shocking...

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Then y did Daniela get put as 2nd seed in Auckland and Elena L. as #3 when she is ranked higher? They must have used the new rankings there

pierce0415
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Then y did Daniela get put as 2nd seed in Auckland and Elena L. as #3 when she is ranked higher? They must have used the new rankings there

Yes the WTA is using the new rankings already. On the Gold Coast Draw Patty is listed as ranked #6

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM

They did the seedings for this weeks tournaments using the NEW Hidden ranks without bonus pts.

Slumpsova
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:47 PM
TBE was right. they used it but didn't released new ranking officially :fiery:
i was so shocked after seeing Agnes Szavay's rank falls down to #235 with new ranking system :rolleyes:

Allez-H
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:09 PM
urgh, this new ranking system is soooo dumb :rolleyes: I already thought it was dumb with the men and same goes for the women :rolleyes:

Wsisters45
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Clijsters-Henin QF :tape: that would be weird.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
A healthy Justine will school Amelie, Patty and Nadia

We really don't know the state of Henin's health at all. I'm afraid that is the type of quote we hear all too much from Williams fans.

améliemomo
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
:tape:

allez clijsters and momo!

YEAH!