PDA

View Full Version : Caption: Serena at WWC06

40-0
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/wannahavejetsetradio/eyepress011706.jpg :sad:

T-schmidty20
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Poor Serena...

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Craigy
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Oh my god :crying2:

darrinbaker00
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/wannahavejetsetradio/eyepress011706.jpg
"First Queen Latifah beats me out for the lead in 'Last Holiday,' and now this."

iine:
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:32 PM
omg .. it really hurts to see her like that :sad:

-Sonic-
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:34 PM
seeing that, I can see why Elena won so easily

volta
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:37 PM
omg :sad:

KClijsters
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
OMG, she looks really fat in that picture. I hope she isn't.
I'm a Kim Clijsters fan, but I also like Serena.
So that's why I'm shocked te see her.

TomTennis
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:49 PM
serena :sad: she seems so upset with her game.

dont worry girl, you are a GS champ, with many more coming your way!

vwfan
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
"Those damn migraines again; loopy serves never help!"

AsGoodAsNew
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, tiddly aye oh! Une belle chanson de La Chine!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Poor Rena

alfonsojose
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
"fucking period"

josved
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Where are my notes?

:) :) :)

esquímaux
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I can't see the pic :confused: Someone post is as an attachment :)

jamatthews
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:29 PM

"She needs to stop serving it at my head..."

Tratree
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM

Hmmm.....lets see, where am I gonna spend that money I got for showing up in Hong Kong...more Manolos....Cavali???

Maryamator
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM
omg .. it really hurts to see her like that :sad:
yeah..:bigcry:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
you asked for a caption..

Woman in hat "hehehe"
Rena "I know I shouldn't have ate that burger, it's gone to my head"

creep
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/wannahavejetsetradio/eyepress011706.jpg :sad:

Uhhhh I don't feel too good. I've had wayyyyyy too much of that left over stuffing from Dementieva.

creep
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, tiddly aye oh! Une belle chanson de La Chine!

That's the worst Chinese impression I've ever read in my whole life. It's worse than Pengwin's.

miffedmax
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
"Dammit, I said 'No MSG' at least a half-dozen times!"

Martian KC
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM
"I knew I shouldn't have squeezed into this dress."

Bankhead Bounce
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Dayum. Can it be Oz already so I can repeat and take home all that paper.

andrewC
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
That's the worst Chinese impression I've ever read in my whole life. It's worse than Pengwin's.

:lol: again, a winner from creep :bigwave:

lizchris
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Either that is an ugly suit or Serena is at leat 10-15 pounds overweight. I giver her a fighting chance to defend her title, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.:sad:

Mafia_Sharapova
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM

I'm not the Serena fan but feels poor her

Wsisters45
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
:sad: :sad:

-VSR-
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
She doesn't look happy... that's not a good sign. I was her to enjoy tennis again. She hasn't seem like she has since 2004. Even in Australia '05 I didn't see the spark or love for winning or tennis in general. :sad:

Almalyk
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Serena looks dreadful at that change over - did anyone see the match?

AsGoodAsNew
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:01 PM
You wan flied lice? Wiv pork balls? An cwispy duck?

tennisrox
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I really feel sorry for Serena.Its sad to see a champion in such a state :sad:

creep
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:05 PM
You wan flied lice? Wiv pork balls? An cwispy duck?

Quick get a name change to ‘PC Eradicator’ you'd be a hit! :)

darrinbaker00
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:40 PM
"Dammit, I said 'No MSG' at least a half-dozen times!"
Curses! Out-quipped by Max once again! ;)

Bounty Hunter
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Where are my notes?

:lol:

Slumpsova
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Serena looks as fat as Queen Latifah in this picture. this is terrible and her outfit makes everything worse :o

UDACHi
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Aww. Not a Serena fan at all but she looks real big and upset here. :sad:

Simplicity
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Bad picture! Anyways

Serena Williams: "Talk about throwing a match. Dementieva's 500, 000 dollars that she paid me to lose should be enough money so that I could by some new stalletos to play in the next time we face. Ugh!"

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, i thought she looked okay until this pic and the one on the Venus dress thread. I hate to say it, but Serena is FAR too big to be a pro tennis player. She isn't even toned at all, just soft. She is going to have to spend some serious time in the gym to get ready for the rest of the year. How did Kerrie, Orcene, or Richard let her go off the deep end as far as her fitness. If you get hurt and can't practice, then go on a diet, it's as simple as that.

Bounty Hunter
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah, i thought she looked okay until this pic and the one on the Venus dress thread. I hate to say it, but Serena is FAR too big to be a pro tennis player. She isn't even toned at all, just soft. She is going to have to spend some serious time in the gym to get ready for the rest of the year. How did Kerrie, Orcene, or Richard let her go off the deep end as far as her fitness. If you get hurt and can't practice, then go on a diet, it's as simple as that.

You are a compete idot..... Take Serena's name out of your sig.... :wavey:

Simplicity
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:56 AM
:sad:!!!

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:07 AM

Um, anyone can tell that she isn't fit at all there. Quit thinking that Serena can do no wrong and accept the fact that she has her faults and her strengths. I didn't say anything untrue in that statement, and all I was commenting on was that Serena put some weight on in the times she was injured. It is obvious that she isn't anywhere near her best physically in the pics I've seen, and she needs to be to compete at the top. Serena in not God and can't go around and not be in shape and expect to play great tennis like she used to. If Venus does something bad, I will call her out. From the pics I've seen, Venus could get a bit fitter too. Nothing wrong with that. That is the difference of being a fan and a fanatic. Realizing your fav's faults and admitting to them, and also praising them when they do right. If you can tell be anything that I said wrong in my statement let me know.

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Btw, I wasn't calling Serena a fat cow. She isn't fat, she just isn't as fit and toned like she for so many years. Do you think that she is the same weight that she was when she won the Oz last year? I don't think so. One of Serena's great attributes is her endurance and movement, which won her so many big matches against top players in her career. If that is taken away, it really hurts Serena's game a great deal. I want her to get fit. I'm sick and tired of seeing her unfit and haters calling her fat and a pig. It is ridiculous, but Serena needs to take charge of her fitness asap. Once she's in shape, then her game can come together and she can begin winning again like in 2002-2003, easily.

darrinbaker00
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Um, anyone can tell that she isn't fit at all there. Quit thinking that Serena can do no wrong and accept the fact that she has her faults and her strengths. I didn't say anything untrue in that statement, and all I was commenting on was that Serena put some weight on in the times she was injured. It is obvious that she isn't anywhere near her best physically in the pics I've seen, and she needs to be to compete at the top. Serena in not God and can't go around and not be in shape and expect to play great tennis like she used to. If Venus does something bad, I will call her out. From the pics I've seen, Venus could get a bit fitter too. Nothing wrong with that. That is the difference of being a fan and a fanatic. Realizing your fav's faults and admitting to them, and also praising them when they do right. If you can tell be anything that I said wrong in my statement let me know.
Amen, amen, and AMEN!!

No Name Face
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:56 AM
serena will always be thick, even when she is in perfect shape. my sister is like a serena clone so i'd know. venus could eat two big macs a day for two weeks and probably gain 5 pounds, for serena, it would probably be three times that amount. it's just genes...and i agree with k-dog :yeah:

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Amen, amen, and AMEN!!

btw, I was bad repped for my first statement. That's ridiculous!!

-VSR-
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I agree. I love Serena, please get back to dominating form. :sad:

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:01 AM
serena will always be thick, even when she is in perfect shape. my sister is like a serena clone so i'd know. venus could eat two big macs a day for two weeks and probably gain 5 pounds, for serena, it would probably be three times that amount. it's just genes...and i agree with k-dog :yeah:

I'm like Serena. My sis can eat at McDonalds all the time, but I go there once and I gain as much weight as if she would go 3 times. It is her genes giving her a fast metabolism, while I don't. I'm struggling right now with three months to go before season as I gained weight over holiday (like 3 lbs.) I need to get under 170 lbs before season to be happy and confident in my endurance and quickness. I'm at 178 lbs right now, but I'm pretty endurant, just not quick like I usually am. Three months is a lot of time to lose 10-12 lbs., but my metabolism doesn't allow me to slack at all. I just hope that my temptations don't give in and I don't reach my goal.

Stamp Paid
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
I just dont understand why she can't get herself back fit again. Is it because shes not a girl anymore, shes a woman, so its that many times harder to come back down to her weight/fitness level before? I refuse to accept the notion that she just isnt trying hard enough or is being lazy.

No Name Face
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I'm like Serena. My sis can eat at McDonalds all the time, but I go there once and I gain as much weight as if she would go 3 times. It is her genes giving her a fast metabolism, while I don't. I'm struggling right now with three months to go before season as I gained weight over holiday (like 3 lbs.) I need to get under 170 lbs before season to be happy and confident in my endurance and quickness. I'm at 178 lbs right now, but I'm pretty endurant, just not quick like I usually am. Three months is a lot of time to lose 10-12 lbs., but my metabolism doesn't allow me to slack at all. I just hope that my temptations don't give in and I don't reach my goal.

good luck, man. luckily for me i have those genes for good metabolism. i'm around your weight, but i'm around 9% body fat...i actually have like no fat on my lower body. but i dunno, my dad was really in shape and then gained a ton of weight in his 30's as soon as i was born so it's something i have to look out for :unsure:

anyway, i know what you're saying and i hear ya. good luck with your goals and i'll good rep you as soon as i can give out reps again!

No Name Face
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:09 AM
I just dont understand why she can't get herself back fit again. Is it because shes not a girl anymore, shes a woman, so its that many times harder to come back down to her weight/fitness level before? I refuse to accept the notion that she just isnt trying hard enough or is being lazy.

i think that is it. she's always gonna be thick and there's an age in every person where their metabolism slows. it's entirely plausible that she hit hers in her mid 20's. my dad was 30's when his slowed and he ate the same diet as he used to and blimped out...now he's been trying to work it off for 20 years now.

BoucharDRules
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:10 AM

If you're going to insult someone's intelligence by calling them an idiot you should make sure you spell it right. You moran! :p :lol: :wavey:

As for Serena's picture.... :tape: .....she looks pretty pathetic, but getting DEMENTINATED can do that to a person. :lol: :devil:

vogus
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:11 AM

there are women that this happens to, that they start gaining weight when they reach a certain age, and sometimes that age is mid-20s, or even earlier. Although, it doesn't seem like this usually happens to tennis players.

Paialii
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Again, I think people are forgetting that getting into top shape doesn't happen overnight. She's had what, two months?

She wasn't training while she was injured -- she couldn't. She's just now getting to the point where she can start training at a heavy level. I just hope she really focuses on her fitness. Sure, Serena will always be a "thick" woman, but she is indeed out of shape, and that picture emphasizes it.

Take it slowly, Rena.

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:16 AM

I think as you get older, it is harder to lose weight and get in great shape. As you age, your metabolism slows down. Serena's probably hasn't changed too much, but she can't eat like when she was 17. I can tell that Serena's technique is better off the ground. She was arming her serve and she wasn't jumping on her serve either.

When Serena was injured, she had a lot of stuff to do for her company. As a pro athlete, your body gets used to eating less and keeping weight off. When an athlete stops for a period of time, your body puts on a lot of weight because it isn't used to a normal person's diet. I think that Serena didn't think that she would be out as long as she was, and kind of got a little lax on her diet. When she was injured, she needed to go on a REALLY strict diet to keep weight off. It appears that she didn't restrcit her diet as much and wasn't burning calories when she was injured. She'll eventually get fit as she plays a normal season and puts A LOT of time in the gym. Her body fat percentage needs to be cut, and then she can put muscle on again. What Serena needs to get in shape pronto is like a bootcamp type ordeal with a trainer like what Pat Echeberry did with Justine. It may be unpleasant for Serena, but it'll pay dividends. The longer Serena is unfit, the easier she gets injured, especially in her lower extremities as weight puts pressure on the joints, creating pain and inflammation.

I HOPE TO GOD that we see her fitter at Oz and by Spring a fit Serena. She needs to be to win against the top players. Btw, Venus looks like she could cut about 3 lbs as well. I'm just glad to see her not skinny like at 2004 Oz and really until Antrewp 2005 when she got cut again. Serena will be back, just that it's going to take some time and committment.

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:17 AM
good luck, man. luckily for me i have those genes for good metabolism. i'm around your weight, but i'm around 9% body fat...i actually have like no fat on my lower body. but i dunno, my dad was really in shape and then gained a ton of weight in his 30's as soon as i was born so it's something i have to look out for :unsure:

anyway, i know what you're saying and i hear ya. good luck with your goals and i'll good rep you as soon as i can give out reps again!

Thanks!! You're awesome!

tennisfanxx
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:18 AM
How is Serena going to be fitter for the AO which is less than 2 weeks now. She's going to be playing the same that she has been for months now! Don't expect anything else from her...

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:25 AM
How is Serena going to be fitter for the AO which is less than 2 weeks now. She's going to be playing the same that she has been for months now! Don't expect anything else from her...

Next week she'll be training in the Australian heat and hopefully very hard. You can lose at least 4 lbs. practicing everyday. This week is also a practice week for Serena. She will prob be training and the matches are just match practice for her. Sure it isn't the most ideal preparation, but it is what it is now.

martirogi
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:32 AM
serena says "child please. this outfit shows too much sweat. get me off court as soon as possible."

Stamp Paid
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:35 AM
LMAO, I hope Elena is proud of herself. I was worried that Serena was getting her ass stomped because of the scoreline, but from the last 4 games I saw, she just didnt give a fuck. She was even trying with the serve, or her strokes. Not because she couldn't, which was my worry, but because it seemed like she didnt feel like battling in an exho. I'm not worried at all, this is not the Rena that will be playing in Melbourne. her movement isnt exactly back to what it was before, but she has defin itely lost weight and is moving better than say, Wimbledon or the USO last year. She played this same way, serving so gingerly at this same exho last year and went on to win OZ. Granted, she looked fitter, and was moving better then. She seems so heavy on her feet now. But its all good.

j_dementieva27
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:39 AM
i was just watching the 2004 wimbledon QF vs. jen capriati, the one where serena rolled over jen 6-1, 6-1 (i think that was the score) and she looked so drastically different than here

then, i downloaded nouf's video from serenas match against elena, and i was shocked... she looks to have gained a good 25 pounds, without exaggeration

her footwork was lazy, her shots were nonsensical, she barely put any effort into moving let alone hitting through on her shots.... she didnt bend her knees on her serve, no jump into the ball like old school serena (on the serve or on any short groundstrokes)... and most importantly, she just looked so sad... even when she would hit a good shot, she would rush into the next point like it never happened, no fist pumps, no come ons, and no FIRE

there are just so so many things wrong with serena's game right now, i dont know how much longer she is going to be able to go on like this... she didnt do much work over the break, and its really evident by elena's complete thrashing (because elena really didnt play her best best tennis today, she played well but not her best)

this all upsets me... serena upsets me, because im a big fan.... but only when serena is SERENA... this serena is an imposter to what her past seasons (2001, 2002, even 2003) have etched in stone

dreamgoddess099
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I agree. Serena was the first to notice her weight gain and I really find it hard to believe she didn't try her best to lose as much weight as possible over the break. She of all people know what shape she needs to be in and how much her career will suffer if she doesn't get back in shape. I don't know if it's the migraine medicine she's taking or what, but her body chemistry seems to have changed. We're talking about a woman who has had a very toned body since she was 11. Staying is shape never seemed to be so hard for her, but then again it's easier to stay in shape than it is to get out and get back in. I have no clue as to what caused her to put the weight on, as I have no clue what it will take to get it off again. What I am sure of is that Serena is going to have to work twice as hard as ever to get back to her usual strong body. Hopefully when she does she'll take precautions to never let herself slip like this again. I don't see her body getting there this season, as it is hard to mold a body in one year when it took many years to get it to look like that in the first place.

-jenks-
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:59 AM
This is a horrible picture for her!

Hopefully she is not as big as it looks!

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:43 AM
i can't stand to see any more of these pictures. it breaks me.

ampers&
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:02 AM
:sobbing:

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:03 AM
:sobbing:

It is sad, but LOVE the new name!!

venusfan
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:15 AM
July,August,September,October,November,December. Six months she had to get in shape and what she does.. show up at a tournament looking like a fat ass.

Rub
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:00 AM
wazzup with serena!

dinhd82
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:07 AM
An unfit slightly overweight (for her standards) Serena still hits a heavy ball and can do some damage but she's just really slow like not even running to those balls from Elena. Plus that outfit made her look 10x fatter than she really is.

bw2082
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:09 AM
"I shouldn't have eaten that extra twinkie"

Stamp Paid
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:12 AM
July,August,September,October,November,December. Six months she had to get in shape and what she does.. show up at a tournament looking like a fat ass.

While definitely not in her best shape, she is definitely not a fat ass. Dumbass.

ceiling_fan
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:07 AM

*Woman sitting left looks desirably at woman in middle*

Man in middle of top row: "Eyes off ma woman, bitch!

Bald man: :yawn:

ampers&
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:10 AM
it's so depressing to see Serena look so unhappy.
but she's my all-time fave and i'll stick by her no mattter what. hopefully she'll pull it together soon.

cheo23
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:15 AM
:tape: Oh no u DIDN'T!!!! :haha: :rolls: :lol:

esquímaux
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Oh shoot! She's lookin' like a hawt mess in that chair lol. :cryings::sobbing::o

korben
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Where are my notes?

Thought the same but bit diffirently.

"Shoot, I will learn that language one day, but doesn´t look like it was a good idea to write these notes in french"

tommyk75
Jan 5th, 2006, 07:36 AM
I think (more like hoping, perhaps) that maybe the angle, the lighting, and Serena's hunched-over body position are all making her look worse than she really is... Gosh, I hope so...

Bounty Hunter
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:36 PM
If you're going to insult someone's intelligence by calling them an idiot you should make sure you spell it right. You moran! :p :lol: :wavey:

:lol: :lol: I was just upset and you know me.... I caught your joke (moran) :lol:

Why couldn't you address this when we were talking on MSN? :devil: I'm gonna get even with ya... :p

Bounty Hunter
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I didn't say anything untrue in that statement, and all I was commenting on was that Serena put some weight on in the times she was injured.

:rolleyes: This is what you said ... "but Serena is FAR too big to be a pro tennis player."

Anywho... I have no respect for you as a so call "Serena fan"... I'll just by pass your posts... :wavey:

K-Dog
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM
:rolleyes: This is what you said ... "but Serena is FAR too big to be a pro tennis player."

Anywho... I have no respect for you as a so call "Serena fan"... I'll just by pass your posts... :wavey:

It only shows your knowledge of the game. You probably never played competitive tennis, so you have no idea about what weight is appropriate for pro players. Right now, Serena is not a top 5 player's playing weight. It is obvious. Okay, maybe I should re-word it. She's too big right now to play higher level tennis. In this day and age, Serena needs to be fitter.

Again, you're a fanatic and not a fan. Get real wit yourself. You can also take Venus out of your sig for some of the stuff you say about her.

Dude, you don't know Serena. Serena doesn't know you. So quit taking things so personally when you aren't even affiliated with the person people are talking about. Do you really think I care what you think about me as a Serena fan? I don't, because in all truth I'm the only person who knows me. Buzz off!!

pisces
Jan 5th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Serena is tone?You people see what you what to see!Most of your are jokes!

CanadianBoy21
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Consequence is no coincidence.
Hope she did enjoy the 'time off' the last six months from working out.
Was Thanksgiving dinner good to you Serena?
Seems like it showed up more than once in Serena's 2005 calender.

She needs to start working out. She is not fat, but for a tennis player she is pretty large, no doubt about it. Injuries are no excuse, considering that she could have worked on the part of the body that was not injured, like upper body or get on a bike or something, or swim. Apparently she ditched the gym and took a rather literall hand-on approach to the endorsement of McDonalds.

I don't give up on Serena though. She'll be back :bounce:

pisces
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Kim stated that she always play herself to shape?Why can"t Serena!.No one know"s what those doctor"s told her.Serena will live after tennis?Maybe she wouldn"t walk?Serena did her thing?She in the hall of fame?I will always love her!Live for yourself Serena.You got yourself there.No one ELSE!

Rising Sun
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Do you think Rena may have had one of her migraines? Just looking at the way she's holding her head... :confused: :sad:

pla
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I don't see what we can "capture" from this pic. It's sad.

And btw, it's quite rare but I agree with K-dog on this one. Serena should FIRST loose every single gram of fat she has before she starts training. Some Serena fans here should pray that she does it and not attack K-dog. Let me put it this way, if she doesn't loose this extra weight she risks TOO MUCH a new injury and a really vile one.

There are some people who can play while a bit overwight but Serena's knee is far too fragile to be able to cope with any extra-fat.

faste5683
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:04 PM
:eek:

Good thing Richard Krajicek isn't around anymore...

:wavey: