PDA

View Full Version : RUS bt SWE 2-1 Hopman Cup

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:28 PM
sveta led the team to victory by winning the first rubber :D

Svetlana Kuznetsova v Sofia Arvidsson: 7-6(7/3), 6-4
Yuri Schukin v Thomas Johansson: 6-7(7/9), 6-7(4/7)
Kuznetsova/Schukin v Arvidsson/Johansson 6-3 7-5

in order for russia to get through to the final i think sweden need to beat USA and russia need to beat SCG

so it looks like USA are in the final probably playing the netherlands

Klurt
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM
First of all congrats to Russia!
But... I think we will really have to wait until tomorrow, all we know for sure is that Sweden and Australia will NOT be in the final. All other teams still have a chance.

©@®eLess
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
just as long Anci beats Sveta i'm fine with any result. But there's till a chance for SCG to go through! Hope we do!

Cp6uja
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:44 PM
in order for russia to get through to the final i think sweden need to beat USA and russia need to beat SCG

SCG tommorow beat RUS 3:0 (6:0 or 6:1 in sets), but USA still in best position (Sweden without motivation and Johanson bad form must win - how?).

Next year Serbia will have better team (Ana will be TOP10 and Novak TOP30), but competition probably will be much better in 2007 - with stronger RUS and USA + maybe very power FRA or BEL national team! What a pity for Serbia.

Alek
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Sofia :sad: at least has been able to play against two good players (Ivanovic/Kuznetsova). And can help her to see all what she needs to improve. Good luck Sofia against Lisa :) at least get a win!

auntie janie
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Drat, I was hoping Sofia could at least win the doubles. :(

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:48 PM
sofia has a good chance of beating raymond going on todays score

josved
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Good Russia!

:bounce: :bounce:

PERU

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hopefully Marat will play next year.

Mathijs
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Well done Russia :yeah:

Davai & Udachi :bounce: :bounce:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
SCG tommorow beat RUS 3:0 (6:0 or 6:1 in sets), but USA still in best position (Sweden without motivation and Johanson bad form must win - how?).

Next year Serbia will have better team (Ana will be TOP10 and Novak TOP30), but competition probably will be much better in 2007 - with stronger RUS and USA + maybe very power FRA or BEL national team! What a pity for Serbia.

Well remember Lisa Raymond just hasn't looked like she's shown up in the singles matches. If Johannson can beat Dent, then it could be a dissapointing day for the Americans in the Hopman Cup.

silverwhite
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Sveta :hearts:

I missed her singles match but she played well in the mixed. She hit some volley winners against some of ToJo's shots. There was this wonderful rally where she and ToJo went back and forth at each other (mostly with volleys) and Sveta won it with a volley winner. She couldn't help giggling after that. :D

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Sveta :hearts:

I missed her singles match but she played well in the mixed. She hit some volley winners against some of ToJo's shots. There was this wonderful rally where she and ToJo went back and forth at each other (mostly with volleys) and Sveta won it with a volley winner. She couldn't help giggling after that. :D

oh Sveta :angel: :kiss:

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Sveta is having a great time :bounce:

http://sport.gazeta.ru/files/511413/tenniszam.jpg